PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Membership - only available for a short period?

joe breezy
26-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Hibs missing a trick by not offering membership all season long. I was going to buy one so i could guarantee a final ticket if we get there, maybe there's not many like me?

I think membership is something you should be able to buy at anytime.

Before anyone says I can buy a season ticket I tried that once whilst living in London and made about 3 games, just not practical.

Scouse Hibee
26-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Maybe they couldn't handle the admin side of it so close to season tckets renewals being sent out etc, they did state recently that they had substantially reduced the admin staff?

marinello59
26-03-2012, 12:30 PM
They have been on sale for months, why didn't you just buy one earlier?
I can see the logic in suspending sales of memberships just now with a potential cup final looming. It would be unfair to those who purchased memberships as an act of faith to make it possible to guarantee a cup final ticket simply by paying an extra tenner after they know we have reached one. (The way we are playing it's highly unlikely we will be in the final though.) I am not saying that's right but that may be the thinking behind this.

Scouse Hibee
26-03-2012, 02:45 PM
I can see the logic in suspending sales of memberships just now with a potential cup final looming. It would be unfair to those who purchased memberships as an act of faith to make it possible to guarantee a cup final ticket simply by paying an extra tenner after they know we have reached one. (The way we are playing it's highly unlikely we will be in the final though.) I am not saying that's right but that may be the thinking behind this.

Maybe he didn't one earlier in the season :wink:

IberianHibernian
26-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Membership idea seemed to be launched in winter when things were going badly and there were a few home games in a short spell to boost crowds . Was a great idea especially for the few fans who were planning to go to winter home games anyway but was withdrawn without warning well before we reached semi presumably for commercial reasons . If such ideas are only going to be for a few weeks much better to promote them as such eg ticket for remaining home matches this season , instead of disappointing other potential buyers .

jgl07
27-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Membership idea seemed to be launched in winter when things were going badly and there were a few home games in a short spell to boost crowds . Was a great idea especially for the few fans who were planning to go to winter home games anyway but was withdrawn without warning well before we reached semi presumably for commercial reasons . If such ideas are only going to be for a few weeks much better to promote them as such eg ticket for remaining home matches this season , instead of disappointing other potential buyers .

Membership gives some priority for semi-final tickets and (if appropriate) presumably for final tickets as well.

Better to encourage people to buy a season ticket for next season if they want priority.

It makes perfect sense to withdraw the membership option for the moment on the pretext of administration being tied up with processing season ticket allocations.

joe breezy
28-03-2012, 09:07 AM

The membership wasn't a membership like Man U have or I would have bought it like I've bought into other member schemes in the past.

I don't want tickets for most games, I can't afford the transport, i just want to support the club / youth system and get priority for Cup Finals - the membership they had on offer was ultimately a ticket deal

They should have a membership for us fans that are far off but still want to support the club rather than a limited 2 game offer or whatever it was

meeks0-7
28-03-2012, 01:43 PM
The membership wasn't a membership like Man U have or I would have bought it like I've bought into other member schemes in the past.

I don't want tickets for most games, I can't afford the transport, i just want to support the club / youth system and get priority for Cup Finals - the membership they had on offer was ultimately a ticket deal

They should have a membership for us fans that are far off but still want to support the club rather than a limited 2 game offer or whatever it was

Here here! I have lived in Northampton for the last 10 years and kept my season ticket going! The most games I made it home for in a season is 3! I won't be buying one next season as I can't justify spending £400+ for 2-3 games.
If however the club had a membership scheme that would allow me to still put money into the club and gave me a priority on the tickets I want then I would definitely buy one!

joe breezy
28-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Here here! I have lived in Northampton for the last 10 years and kept my season ticket going! The most games I made it home for in a season is 3! I won't be buying one next season as I can't justify spending £400+ for 2-3 games.
If however the club had a membership scheme that would allow me to still put money into the club and gave me a priority on the tickets I want then I would definitely buy one!

Yes I too tried the season ticket option to support the club, only made it to 3 games, just doesn't make financial sense.

There are Hibbies all over the country and all over the world, to say they can't afford to do the admin is just bizarre

GreenCastle
28-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Can someone run me through the Hibs membership.

As I understand it - it went on sale before Xmas for 20 quid and included a free ticket for ICT and 20 quid off merchandise in the club store with a Hearts ticket for 20 quid also.

There were only available for a set time?

If you have one you get priority for Semi Tickets before General Sale.

But now you can't get them ? :confused:

Do they expire at the end of this season then ? Surely as has been mentioned on here before a gym type Direct Debit membership should be used so fans can give money to the club if they want when maybe they can't afford a massive chunk for a season ticket or it doesn't make financial sense - as stated in other posts.

They could introduce different types of memeberships for different prices ( Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze ) depending on what you as a fan were willing to support. Platinum could offer discount in club store - Bronze could just be priority to tickets for a set fee a year or month.

Seems mad they aren't offering memberships for sale now to make some extra money ?:confused:

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Can someone run me through the Hibs membership.

As I understand it - it went on sale before Xmas for 20 quid and included a free ticket for ICT and 20 quid off merchandise in the club store with a Hearts ticket for 20 quid also.

There were only available for a set time?

If you have one you get priority for Semi Tickets before General Sale.

But now you can't get them ? :confused:

Do they expire at the end of this season then ? Surely as has been mentioned on here before a gym type Direct Debit membership should be used so fans can give money to the club if they want when maybe they can't afford a massive chunk for a season ticket or it doesn't make financial sense - as stated in other posts.

They could introduce different types of memeberships for different prices ( Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze ) depending on what you as a fan were willing to support. Platinum could offer discount in club store - Bronze could just be priority to tickets for a set fee a year or month.

Seems mad they aren't offering memberships for sale now to make some extra money ?:confused:

I bought one as a birthday gift for a friend recently. It runs for a calender year from the date of purchase. It came with a free ticket for any Cat B match, £20 store voucher and ticket purchase priority. Really good value and a good idea for those who can't make every game. I'm sure it will be available again. Those who say they've been suspended during the season ticket sale period are probably right, and you will be able to buy them again.

HH81
30-03-2012, 04:45 AM

No idea what your on about but the Hibs membership was 20 quid. It's worth it for priority on semi final tickets but you got other stuff like free game, no transaction fees as you just put games on your card, money off in shop etc...... The membership is fantastic idea for out of town Hibs fans are normally we have to pay transaction fees on cat a tickets.

The season ticket membership is something totally different.

I have doubt man u membership will be more expensive and you will get nothing for you money with my mates on charge.

LancashireHibby
30-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Absolutely spot on, that.