PDA

View Full Version : David Stephens

GreenArmy1875
26-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Thought about this a few times am i correct in thinking david stephens plays a defensive midfield roll for wales? maybe we need that little bit strength in there seems to be he has a alot of attributes to play at DM in a 5 man midfield? Thoughts?

:pfgwa

California-Hibs
26-03-2012, 10:58 AM
The boy is a brutal footballer who should never play for Hibs again. Theres my thought.

Wilson
26-03-2012, 11:04 AM
The boy is a brutal footballer who should never play for Hibs again. Theres my thought.

Not so much a thought as a brain fart.:rolleyes:

SMAXXA
26-03-2012, 11:09 AM

:faf:

:agree:

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2012, 11:14 AM

:faf:

California-Hibs
26-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Some people have very short memories. Theres a reason why he is no longer quoted in the squad. Great decision by Pat to get shot of this guy! :thumbsup:

AJWisme
26-03-2012, 11:26 AM

Regardless of thoughts of the matter, that really made me chuckle :greengrin

SMAXXA
26-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Some people have very short memories. Theres a reason why he is no longer quoted in the squad. Great decision by Pat to get shot of this guy! :thumbsup:

IMO hes better than Hanlon. Dont get me wrong hes made a few mistake but had some really good performances also, I think if people are so patient and allowing of PH, LS, CB & DW making mistakes then DS deserves the same. Hes a young lad who I think will become a decent player.

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2012, 12:05 PM
IMO hes better than Hanlon. Dont get me wrong hes made a few mistake but had some really good performances also, I think if people are so patient and allowing of PH, LS, CB & DW making mistakes then DS deserves the same. Hes a young lad who I think will become a decent player.

I think Stephens can look like a world beater at times, but then a moments lapse and he looks worse than Colin Murdoch. Hanlon while still raw is a little more consistant, still very average but consistently average.

I wonder what Stephens would be like with McPake?

3pm
26-03-2012, 12:10 PM
I think Stephens can look like a world beater at times, but then a moments lapse and he looks worse than Colin Murdoch. Hanlon while still raw is a little more consistant, still very average but consistently average.

I think Hanlon has been better than average since McPake joined. He still performed reasonably well on Saturday when McPake was missing.

I'd stick with him personally.

duffers
26-03-2012, 12:12 PM

Yup, totally agree. He has made a few mistakes, but he has also shown that he can defend and looks pretty strong / powerful more than what Hanlon has shown.
What gets on my goat though is that Hanlon gets the 'hes still young / needs someone with experience beside him' yet Stephens is a similar age (possibly younger / possibly older?) and doesnt get any of these excuses.

CMac1988
26-03-2012, 12:12 PM

He looks a lot more comfortable and confident on the ball than Hanlon, but when he f's up...

Whereas Hanlon makes less mistakes but isn't quite as good when in possession. Hanlon is also a better player off the ball though and read's the game better.

Anyway he's a good player to have around and may come good in the long term.

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2012, 12:14 PM
I think Hanlon has been better than average since McPake joined. He still performed reasonably well on Saturday when McPake was missing.

I'd stick with him personally.

We will just have to agree to disagree, i think Hanlons average at best. Slow and cumbersome with poor distribution, and easily bullied by the bigger centre forwards. I do agree we should stick with him alongside McPake until the end of the season, its not the time for experimenting imo.

Next season i'd like better.

SMAXXA
26-03-2012, 12:21 PM

He looks a lot more comfortable and confident on the ball than Hanlon, but when he f's up...

Whereas Hanlon makes less mistakes but isn't quite as good when in possession. Hanlon is also a better player off the ball though and read's the game better.

Anyway he's a good player to have around and may come good in the long term.

I dont actually think he is TBH, I think thats one of Hanlons main weaknesses is he doesnt read the game properly, the amount of time ive seen him caught out of position, ball watching, missjudging headers etc.

I on the other hand would like to see him play alongside Mcpake, im sure theres a good centre half there!

pentlando
26-03-2012, 12:37 PM
The last thing we need is another holding midfielder in there. The problem is that Stevenson and Claros are far too similar in their style of play. They both sit deep and very square, meaning that players on the other team who drop off can dictate the play easy, as Ian Black did at Tynie. We need someone who can push out of the midfield and press. I'd get Osbourne back in the middle and use Stevenson at LM, which would allow Kujabi to bomb on all day long.

easty
26-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Stephens is humpty. Absolutely looks like a good centre half.......but then you see him play and he's cumbersome and completely positionally inept. Sort of plays like he practised headers with a big bag of rocks when he was younger, just doesnt seem, at all, to have the brain for pro football.

Steven_Hibs
26-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I agree with most on here about him being better than Hanlon, Stephens has the build of a centrehalf whereas Hanlon just gets shoved off the ball. Stephens and McPake would be my pairing till the end of the season

Dr Jimmy
26-03-2012, 09:10 PM
In a season where our performances are filled with darkness, you sir have delivered some sunshine....;-)

Winston Ingram
26-03-2012, 09:11 PM

:not worth

:flag:

BS44
26-03-2012, 09:26 PM

Another Yogi signing who is simply not good enough for Hibs, Hughes gave him a 3 year deal. Thankfully it looks like Fenlon doesn't rate him either.

Geo_1875
26-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Another Yogi signing who is simply not good enough for Hibs, Hughes gave him a 3 year deal. Thankfully it looks like Fenlon doesn't rate him either.

Stephens has played most of his games with O'Hanlon and/or Hanlon beside him. He's been under pressure every start he's had, and looked better than both every time. He should be given a start beside McPake and Hanlon should be partnering O'Hanlon in the stand.

BS44
26-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Stephens has played most of his games with O'Hanlon and/or Hanlon beside him. He's been under pressure every start he's had, and looked better than both every time. He should be given a start beside McPake and Hanlon should be partnering O'Hanlon in the stand.

If he has looked better than Hanlon then why isn't Fenlon picking him?

Steven_Hibs
26-03-2012, 10:04 PM

The U21's money :wink:

Geo_1875
27-03-2012, 06:42 AM

That's a mystery because Fenlons got the team flying just now.

Part/Time Supporter
27-03-2012, 07:28 AM
The U21's money :wink:

Nice theory, but Stephens (born Oct 1991) is nearly 2 years younger than Hanlon (born Jan 1990).

Billy Whizz
27-03-2012, 07:40 AM
I think he has some potential but probably needs to go on loan to get some game time. He's big strong and fast but needs to work on his positional play.

BS44
27-03-2012, 05:55 PM
That's a mystery because Fenlons got the team flying just now.

In a team that is struggling he is fifth choice centre half.

California-Hibs
27-03-2012, 06:35 PM
I think he has some potential but probably needs to go on loan to get some game time. He's big strong and fast but needs to work on his positional play.

...seriously, i mean...seriously? Not sure if we've been watching the same player, but the one ive witnessed has been turned inside out many times and has a severe lack of pace..

rossi
28-03-2012, 01:52 AM
He's only 20 years old FFS. Shows a bit of potential as far as I'm concerned, but I'd hate to get in the way of anybody giving him a verbal doing. We wonder why other clubs find it easier than us to attract players.:rolleyes:

SMAXXA
28-03-2012, 07:50 AM
...seriously, i mean...seriously? Not sure if we've been watching the same player, but the one ive witnessed has been turned inside out many times and has a severe lack of pace..

And hanlon's yusain bolt right enough. There's probably not to much between them but as was said above ds has played alongside some numptys and would possible be a lot better with mcpake.

Steven_Hibs
28-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Nice theory, but Stephens (born Oct 1991) is nearly 2 years younger than Hanlon (born Jan 1990).

Must be Scottish and U21 :wink: