PDA

View Full Version : Imbalanced Hibees

MB62
26-03-2012, 09:12 AM
I know, you do have to be imbalanced to support Hibs at times, this being another one of these times. However, this time it's the team that's not right, not just the fans :greengrin and it's a problem I believe Fenlon will have to make tough and probably unpopular decisions to help sort it out.

For a start, the midfield is just not working and this IMO is where all the problems are stemming from. We have guys in there that are just not suited to the position they are being asked to play. It was absolutely cringeworthy stuff on Saturday watching Osbourne trying to take on his opponent down the line in the 2nd half. His lack of pace was absolutely cronic and I was embarrassed for him.
Soares contributed absolutely zero to the cause and again looks like a fish out of water stuck out there on the left.
The big problem though, IMO, is central pairing of Stevenson and Claros, it just doesn't work. Claros came with a big reputation and expectation and has so far failed to live up to both. His nickname of 'the pitbull' looks misplaced, more like a French poodle, and I think one of these two are going to have to be sacrifised, personally I would stick with Lewis as at least HE gives us some effort in a game.

Ivan has lost his spark but to bring him on then consistantly ask him to play left wing, WHY? especially when the guy out the right couldn't beat a three legged tortoise in a race :confused:
The man used to come on and give the crowd a lift but that doesn't happen anymore.

I also find it strange that the best football player at the club, the one man who actually does look comfortable on the ball, is our left back. Personally, I would be giving him a run in our central midfield and seeing if could create things for our forwards who are presently getting next to no decent service at all.

Talking about our forwards, it's any one from four for me as so far none of them have looked very capable of doing much.

With our defensive record, and having lost another two on Saturday, the defence gets slagged easily. On Saturday though, I thought the back four were about our four best players but they got no cover from our midfield.

We really don't seem to play as a team but three seperate units, defence, midfield, forwards, there is little or no link up play.
Players seem to be lacking in motivation, I don't understand this. If they are just there to pick up a wage they shouldn't be there but if they actually do want to play football, motivation should come as soon they are handed a strip for the game. Our guys are IMO certainly good enough to get us out of this mess but they have to start showing they are interested, something I don't see them doing.

Treadstone
26-03-2012, 09:28 AM
4-4-2 just did not work on Saturday . I am a wee bit worried Nutsy did nothing to sort this as it was apparent from very early on . 4-5-1 has to be used on Sunday to allow us to get more of the ball . Dundee United lost their best players from last season ( Gomis , Bauben , Goodwillie , Conway and Scott Allan ) and after an uneasy start have hardly missed a beat .
I was just looking at their 2010 Scottish cup winning team and hardly anyone remains playing for them now but they are right back on track . Okay they have had a right result with Russell and Mackay-Steven coming into the team but how can we not recruit like them . I really fear for us , Jeffries is sure to get Dunfermline competing in games and i don't think we can just rely on them getting turned over every week .

MB62
26-03-2012, 10:04 AM
4-4-2 just did not work on Saturday . I am a wee bit worried Nutsy did nothing to sort this as it was apparent from very early on . 4-5-1 has to be used on Sunday to allow us to get more of the ball . Dundee United lost their best players from last season ( Gomis , Bauben , Goodwillie , Conway and Scott Allan ) and after an uneasy start have hardly missed a beat .
I was just looking at their 2010 Scottish cup winning team and hardly anyone remains playing for them now but they are right back on track . Okay they have had a right result with Russell and Mackay-Steven coming into the team but how can we not recruit like them . I really fear for us , Jeffries is sure to get Dunfermline competing in games and i don't think we can just rely on them getting turned over every week .

Yes, I fear the worst and the big worry is, if we do go down, there is no certainty that we will come straight back up this. As we all know, our BIG cup final will be against Dunfy in the last 5 games.

sahib
26-03-2012, 06:39 PM
I believe Fenlon will have to make tough and probably unpopular decisions to help sort it out.

I can't see any decision that sorts it out being unpopular.:confused:

mca
26-03-2012, 08:25 PM

only way it might be popular - is if - someone buys hibs and injects a lot of debt free money .....

then they can sack the Board and the manager etc etc - and spend a lot of money on a whole new team !!!! i cany see it tho .... :rolleyes:

MB62
27-03-2012, 10:06 AM

For me, Claros would be dropped to the bench, and I don't know how that would go down with either fans or obviously the player. The man looks a very good football player but just is not doing the business in the midfield at the moment and I don't believe we have the luxury of time to allow him to settle in to a new team and surroundings.
As Jackie Mac said in the papers today, we need guys who are ready and prepared to fight and scrap for every ball in every game between now and the end of the season and I don't see to many in our current squad who have the appetite for such a battle. Claros came with a bit of that sort of reputation but has failed to show any bite yet for me.
I don't want to be just singling him out as he is far from on his own but we need answers NOW and at the moment, he doesn't see to be part of the answer.
Fenlon should maybe be trying players out in a few different positions in training matches to see how they fair because his current line up is not working.
For instance, something like,

BROWN
FRANCOMBE, McPAKE, HANLON STEVENSON
SPROULE, OSBOURNE, SOARES, KUJABI, GRIFFITHS
(take your pick from) DONAVON/O'CONNOR/DOYLE

A point up at Inverness would be a decent result and there are obviously other guys who could fit in, e.g. Donnelly and Claros but 5 in midfield now seems like something we need to try to secure even a point. I don't like playing one up front but need must and we need to try something.

scuttle
27-03-2012, 10:38 AM
I know, you do have to be imbalanced to support Hibs at times, this being another one of these times. However, this time it's the team that's not right, not just the fans :greengrin and it's a problem I believe Fenlon will have to make tough and probably unpopular decisions to help sort it out.

For a start, the midfield is just not working and this IMO is where all the problems are stemming from. We have guys in there that are just not suited to the position they are being asked to play. It was absolutely cringeworthy stuff on Saturday watching Osbourne trying to take on his opponent down the line in the 2nd half. His lack of pace was absolutely cronic and I was embarrassed for him.
Soares contributed absolutely zero to the cause and again looks like a fish out of water stuck out there on the left.
The big problem though, IMO, is central pairing of Stevenson and Claros, it just doesn't work. Claros came with a big reputation and expectation and has so far failed to live up to both. His nickname of 'the pitbull' looks misplaced, more like a French poodle, and I think one of these two are going to have to be sacrifised, personally I would stick with Lewis as at least HE gives us some effort in a game.

Ivan has lost his spark but to bring him on then consistantly ask him to play left wing, WHY? especially when the guy out the right couldn't beat a three legged tortoise in a race :confused:
The man used to come on and give the crowd a lift but that doesn't happen anymore.

I also find it strange that the best football player at the club, the one man who actually does look comfortable on the ball, is our left back. Personally, I would be giving him a run in our central midfield and seeing if could create things for our forwards who are presently getting next to no decent service at all.

Talking about our forwards, it's any one from four for me as so far none of them have looked very capable of doing much.

With our defensive record, and having lost another two on Saturday, the defence gets slagged easily. On Saturday though, I thought the back four were about our four best players but they got no cover from our midfield.

We really don't seem to play as a team but three seperate units, defence, midfield, forwards, there is little or no link up play.
Players seem to be lacking in motivation, I don't understand this. If they are just there to pick up a wage they shouldn't be there but if they actually do want to play football, motivation should come as soon they are handed a strip for the game. Our guys are IMO certainly good enough to get us out of this mess but they have to start showing they are interested, something I don't see them doing.

Agree with your summary, all similar types ,no creativity or pace