PDA

View Full Version : Riddle me this!, Mr Petrie!!!

Halifaxhibby
25-03-2012, 10:46 PM
I live in Fife, I work in Halifax, West yorkshire. I travel up the road every sat morning to watch the cabbage, I have a family a laddie at 14 and a daughter of 5 years old. My family is 5 generations of green and white(and not those unwashed rednecks that stole, yes stole part of our club and then have the extreme brass neck to sing "and if you know, your history!!) Don't talk to me about commitment. Seen it through thick and thin before,i was there as a season ticket holder when we went 1-0 down to stranraer at easter road in the first div (their goal was a screamer!!) and i'll always be there, whats the alternative? the jambos? ha ha ha ha ha, not in my family!!, but, my laddie at 14 who has been misguided by me i try to teach him about awareness and positional cover on top of his game, then he sits and asks me what the hell are the hibs players doing in an spl match? sick of it now guys!!!

I HOPE YOU READ THIS RP!!!!! THE FINANCE MAN????????????????????WHERE HAS ALL OUR MONEY GONE????????????????? STADIUM BUILT. CHECK TRAINING ACACDEMY. BUILT.CHECK. DID U TAKE A CUT AND YOUR PAL SCOT LINDSAY TAKE A CUT?????. TIME HIBS WERE BACK IN THE HANDS OF HIBS SUPPORTERS!!!!! EFFING WELL REALLY ANGRY!!!!!!!

OH WELL LETS JUST EFFIN LIE DOWN TO THE NEXT 6 TEAMS EH? RP=FINANCIAL DONKEY, AND IF HE READS THIS I WILL GLADLY PM HIM AND SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!

MY ONLY CONCERN IS......................

GGTTH
FTHMFC

Hibbyradge
25-03-2012, 11:01 PM
I live in Fife, I work in Halifax, West yorkshire. I travel up the road every sat morning to watch the cabbage, I have a family a laddie at 14 and a daughter of 5 years old. My family is 5 generations of green and white(and not those unwashed rednecks that stole, yes stole part of our club and then have the extreme brass neck to sing "and if you know, your history!!) Don't talk to me about commitment. Seen it through thick and thin before,i was there as a season ticket holder when we went 1-0 down to stranraer at easter road in the first div (their goal was a screamer!!) and i'll always be there, whats the alternative? the jambos? ha ha ha ha ha, not in my family!!, but, my laddie at 14 who has been misguided by me i try to teach him about awareness and positional cover on top of his game, then he sits and asks me what the hell are the hibs players doing in an spl match? sick of it now guys!!!

I HOPE YOU READ THIS RP!!!!! THE FINANCE MAN????????????????????WHERE HAS ALL OUR MONEY GONE????????????????? STADIUM BUILT. CHECK TRAINING ACACDEMY. BUILT.CHECK. DID U TAKE A CUT AND YOUR PAL SCOT LINDSAY TAKE A CUT?????. TIME HIBS WERE BACK IN THE HANDS OF HIBS SUPPORTERS!!!!! EFFING WELL REALLY ANGRY!!!!!!!

OH WELL LETS JUST EFFIN LIE DOWN TO THE NEXT 6 TEAMS EH? RP=FINANCIAL DONKEY, AND IF HE READS THIS I WILL GLADLY PM HIM AND SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!

MY ONLY CONCERN IS......................

GGTTH
FTHMFC

Had a good night? :greengrin

Archie70
25-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Sharing your pain.

Also lived south of the border for a while, came up for the match and spent money I never had. Including another relegation battle at Dumbarton (we won 2-0, think it was Rice and Irvine that scored).

However, I've never felt so despondant with the apathy and complete lack of interest that is threaded through every part of our FOOTBALL club.

We are a FOOTBALL club run by people who have little or no interest in the game. How many of our ex-directors pay to come to games and how many of the present ones would stick their hands in their pockets and pay their entrance money if they were no longer picking up a wage.

Ask an accountant what he'd consider a better season - a financial loss and finish top half or a financial gain and finish bottom half. Ask a football fan the same and you'll get a different answer.

The Boards silence is deafening!

Hibbyradge
25-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Sharing your pain.

Also lived south of the border for a while, came up for the match and spent money I never had. Including another relegation battle at Dumbarton (we won 2-0, think it was Rice and Irvine that scored).

However, I've never felt so despondant with the apathy and complete lack of interest that is threaded through every part of our FOOTBALL club.

We are a FOOTBALL club run by people who have little or no interest in the game. How many of our ex-directors pay to come to games and how many of the present ones would stick their hands in their pockets and pay their entrance money if they were no longer picking up a wage.

Ask an accountant what he'd consider a better season - a financial loss and finish top half or a financial gain and finish bottom half. Ask a football fan the same and you'll get a different answer.

???????????

Archie70
25-03-2012, 11:55 PM
???????????

Rod Petrie
Scott Lindsay
Garry O'Hagan
Bruce Langham
Fife Hyland
Amanda Jones
Jamie Marwick

Have said what regarding our current situation and how the club will be affected by relegation?

frazeHFC
26-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Rod Petrie
Scott Lindsay
Garry O'Hagan
Bruce Langham
Fife Hyland
Amanda Jones
Jamie Marwick

Have said what regarding our current situation and how the club will be affected by relegation?

They have said plenty, it's action we need.

gogsy
26-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Rod Petrie
Scott Lindsay
Garry O'Hagan
Bruce Langham
Fife Hyland
Amanda Jones
Jamie Marwick

Fair comment.

Hibbyradge
26-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Rod Petrie
Scott Lindsay
Garry O'Hagan
Bruce Langham
Fife Hyland
Amanda Jones
Jamie Marwick

Fair comment.

I would be furious if the club was publicly contemplating relegation.

Can you imagine it? " If we get relegated..."

No danger should they be talking in those terms.

Archie70
26-03-2012, 12:26 AM
I would be furious if the club was publicly contemplating relegation.

Can you imagine it? " If we get relegated..."

No danger should they be talking in those terms.

Why not?

It's more than a distinct possibilty and may serve to fire a shot across the bows of those players who think "we're to good to go down".

Yes a lot may be being said behind closed doors but after the dross we've been dealt the last couple of weeks why not come out and talk to us.

Hibbyradge
26-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Why not?

Seriously?

You want Hibs to be publicly preparing for relegation?

What kind of message would that send out to our opponents, our fans and our players?

Particularly our opponents?

why not come out and talk to us.

The only talk I want to hear is how we're going to catch the teams above us and keep improving. Defeatist words like you want would be self fulfilling.

Iain G
26-03-2012, 06:47 AM
Defeatist words like you want would be self fulfilling.

And then be the first ones on here ranting about the club showing no ambition :wink::agree:

The Falcon
26-03-2012, 06:47 AM
Sharing your pain.

Thats why Rangers are claiming the mantle of "the most successful club in the world". In football terms, and honours won, they may well be.

To the OP I would ask when Hibs were last "in the hands of Hibs supporters"?

down the slope
26-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Thats why Rangers are claiming the mantle of "the most successful club in the world". In football terms, and honours won, they may well be.

To the OP I would ask when Hibs were last "in the hands of Hibs supporters"?

Never is the answer, but never have we been so distanced from the club either, we are run by suits who are raking in good salaries and who seem oblivious to the fact that the gravy train is about to hit the buffers !.

Kaiser1962
26-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Never is the answer, but never have we been so distanced from the club either, we are run by suits who are raking in good salaries and who seem oblivious to the fact that the gravy train is about to hit the buffers !.

It is arguable that Duff and Gray were supporters of the club....:devil:

Iain G
26-03-2012, 07:29 AM

Really? Do you think they are that useless that they don't appreciate that we are in trouble?!? I do wonder about some folks views of these successful accountants and businessmen and woman as complete simpletons... :confused:

down the slope
26-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Really? Do you think they are that useless that they don't appreciate that we are in trouble?!? I do wonder about some folks views of these successful accountants and businessmen and woman as complete simpletons... :confused:

Probably superb accountants and lawyers but they know the square root of f... all about football, remember they told US that CC is the man !. In any other line of business their erse would have been oot the windae long ago if it was not for the fiefdom that is operated at ER. I have said many times this will get a lot worse before it's better and it's just a question of how low they will drag us down before they get emptied .

Sudds_1
26-03-2012, 08:03 AM

Don't think many are arguing that they are simpletons...............

.......I think the arguemnt however is their ability to make informed and intelligent footballing decisions as balance sheet experts rather than lovers of the beautiful game. :agree:

cad
26-03-2012, 08:29 AM
IMO you can dance round this for as long as you want the bottom line is STF and Rod are not going anywhere soon ,changes will be made when and if these people think its appropriate , if your following Hibs and your no happy youve got a choice to make , some have already done it with their feet,
its as simple as that.

Famous5forever
26-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Why not?

It's more than a distinct possibilty and may serve to fire a shot across the bows of those players who think "we're to good to go down".

Yes a lot may be being said behind closed doors but after the dross we've been dealt the last couple of weeks why not come out and talk to us.

most of Paddys players he brought in are on short term loan deals to the end of the season so relegation would not bother them as they can return to there club.
I Cant see relegation being a shot across there bow, can we just leave this we wont get relegated Dunfermline will.

Phil MaGlass
26-03-2012, 08:34 AM
IMO you can dance round this for as long as you want the bottom line is STF and Rod are not going anywhere soon ,changes will be made when and if these people think its appropriate , if your following Hibs and your no happy youve got a choice to make , some have already done it with their feet,
its as simple as that.

maybe change that to many??

Sammy7nil
26-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Seriously?

You want Hibs to be publicly preparing for relegation?

What kind of message would that send out to our opponents, our fans and our players?

Particularly our opponents?

The only talk I want to hear is how we're going to catch the teams above us and keep improving. Defeatist words like you want would be self fulfilling.

Whilst I agree the board should not mention relegation in public, it is absolute Madness and a PR nightmare to use free tickets against the OF as a hook to sell season tickets. It is exactly the same as Lennon claiming the ref cost them the treble arrogant in the extreme. If I was fat Jumbo Jim I would use that to motivate my players.

Tom Hart RIP
26-03-2012, 11:44 AM
I came on hear months ago suggesting that we need Hibs supporters on the board in place of Hyland and Linsday and got slaughtered by others who claimed that this was an old fashioned view and you don't have to be a fan to be a director.

Tom Hart, Dougie Cromb, Tom O'Malley Kenny McLean and even Kenny Waugh were all long term Hibs fans and never took a penny from the club. (KW may have tried to defraud the taxman, but the money still went into the club)

I wonder if the same can be said for the current mob.