PDA

View Full Version : Team from now until season ends ........

Sammy7nil
25-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Time for Pat to have a real siege mentality.

He needs to take aside 16 players he Trusts (if he can find that many) and he believes will fight for the cause. Tell them they have 7 games to save our season and possibly their careers.

He needs to work with these players and develop a system that will beat Dunfermline and win at least one other game.

If everyone is fit My team and subs would be -

Brown

Francomb McPake Hanlon Kujabbi

Sproule Osbourne Stevenson Booth

O'Connor Griffiths

Stack
Doherty
Claros
Doyle
Wotherspoon

something needs to change.

Ferryhibby
25-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Agreed but think its all down to mentality now...we have to be mentally strong because of the **** that came out about last weeks training incident everyone will be on the teams backs, seeing how they cope and now that Fat Jim is in the other camp he will try every mind game going to unsettle our team and players, they just have to hold their nerve and show some balls in every game from now till end of season.

Sammy7nil
25-03-2012, 04:09 PM
It is so close now a missed pen, a poor ref decision, a sending off or just lack of bottle could relegate us.

We need players who are not afraid and WANT Hibs to do well, that is the reason for Booth Sproule OConnor Griffiths Hanlon being in my team these guys must at least want it and that is 50% of the battle. I know others will slag O'Connor and Sproule but what we need now is committed players if these 2 are not committed we might as well prepare for a trip to Hamilton.

3pm
25-03-2012, 04:11 PM
We're garbage.

We look a bit better as a unit at the back but we are badly let down by Stack, a lack of balance in midfield and powder puff forwards.

I am not a fan of the formation but I'd consider 3 CH's with wing backs. Narrow the midfield and keep 2 up top.

BT58
25-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Has booth been out injured????
He was meant to be the next big player,, but hes not played for ages
Bt

Matt92
25-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Against United yesterday I thought we were good in the first half. However it seems that we came out the second half just completely deflated which baffled me! I think (hope!) we have JUST enough to stave off relegation and Fat Jim will be greetin, will be a close-run thing but the next couple of weeks I reckon are where players like McPake and Sparky will prove their worth. They hopefully can unite the team into this fight.
This team needs to ditch their Charlie Sheen lifestyles, in bed by 10, up the next morning eating all the right stuff, training their absolute bollocks off until the manager sees fit and muck it out until May. Fenlons ability to control this lot and whip them into shape will determine our season.

PISTOL1875
25-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Stack

Francomb McPake Hanlon Kujabi..

Wotherspoon Osbourne Claros Stevenson Booth

Griffiths

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Stack
francombe
Mcpake
doherty
Kujabi
Soares
O'bourne
Claros
Stevenson
Griffiths
O'Conner

Its all irrelevant , as we will get injuries and suspensions, plus its Fenlon who picks the team. :wink:

one day maybe...
25-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Ma Budgie

Ma Dug - Ma Cat - Ma other Cat - Ma other Dug

Ma Snake - Ma Rabbit - Ma Maw - Ma gran

Ma Goldfish and his Brother...

Oh aye ma rabbit in the hole(ding) role

Think that should keep us up..

Albion Hibs
25-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Stack

Doherty / McPake / Hanlon / Kujabi

Murray

Francomb / Osborne / Claros / Booth

O'Connor

Back to one up front for me. We are still losing too many goals and allowing every team we play to control and dominate the game from the midfield, back to five in the middle and scrap for everything going.

carnoustiehibee
25-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Can I ask what Hanlon does to convince u lot why he should be in the starting 11.?

Sammy7nil
25-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Can I ask what Hanlon does to convince u lot why he should be in the starting 11.?

He is in because the alternative is worse :wink:

Albion Hibs
25-03-2012, 05:53 PM

A lot more than McPake, Stephens, O'Hanlon and Doherty - is that enough?

He was MOM yesterday for me.

Wotherspiniesta
25-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Brown

Francomb McPake Hanlon Kujabi

Soares Osbourne Stevenson Booth

Griffiths O'Connor/Caldwell

Elephant Stone
25-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Stack

Doherty McPake Hanlon Kujabi

Osbourne Claros Stevenson

Griffiths

O'Connor Doyle

I'd sacrifice wingers as we get nothing from the wings at the moment anyway, we need a link between the midfield and strikers and I reckon Griffiths would be ideal. Doyle's movement is usually very good so I could see this link up working well. If we had viable options for midfield Osbourne wouldn't be in there but we're really struggling so he's probably going to have to be.

At The Edge
25-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Brown (purely for the howlers Stack has made in recent weeks)

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon

with Kujabi and Francomb on the wings, taking the ball forward, but also able to defend as well, making us have 5 at the back when under pressure

Stevenson
Ozzy
Claros

Sparky
O'Connor

keithkeith
25-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Ma Budgie

Ma Dug - Ma Cat - Ma other Cat - Ma other Dug

Ma Snake - Ma Rabbit - Ma Maw - Ma gran

Ma Goldfish and his Brother...

Oh aye ma rabbit in the hole(ding) role

Think that should keep us up..

Budgie in goals...!

:wink:

BSEJVT
25-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Wouldnt know the names of the individuals but for me it would be:

A goalie would would do the simple things well like not throw it in his own net at least once a game

A defence that would track runners, know how to mark people, throw themselves fearlessly into blocks and make tackles.

A midfield that looked fit, got stuck in, knocked a few bodies up in the air and competed.

2 forwards who could run all day, harass the opposing teams defence and would shoot on sight.

Managed by a man who had a tactical plan and the respect of the players to implement it and

Supported by fans who were galvanised by the players efforts and application and recognised the need to get behind the team to save them from the car crash that is relegation.

Unfortunately in the last 5 years I havent seen even fleetingly any one of these mythical characters anywhere near Easter Road.

Whats more things are so far wrong that I wouldnt begin to know how to address them and that just might be the problem. no-one else does either!

Its relatively easy sorting one malfunctioning part of a team / club.

When the whole lot is ****ed you have no idea where to start and can never quite work out if changes to better one part worsen another.

You therefore enter a downward spiral where everyone is completely baffled about whats wrong, anxious and unsure about how to fix it, totally bereft of confidence and the constant tinkering with things just makes it worse.

Funny that sounds exactly like my golf at the moment!

edwards
25-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Brown now deserves a chance

Francombe
McPAKE
Hanlon
kujabe

Doherty midfield defencive role

Claros
Ozzy
Doyle on the left of midfield

Griffiths
O'Connor

Sammy7nil
25-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Wouldnt know the names of the individuals but for me it would be:

A goalie would would do the simple things well like not throw it in his own net at least once a game

A defence that would track runners, know how to mark people, throw themselves fearlessly into blocks and make tackles.

A midfield that looked fit, got stuck in, knocked a few bodies up in the air and competed.

2 forwards who could run all day, harass the opposing teams defence and would shoot on sight.

Managed by a man who had a tactical plan and the respect of the players to implement it and

Supported by fans who were galvanised by the players efforts and application and recognised the need to get behind the team to save them from the car crash that is relegation.

Unfortunately in the last 5 years I havent seen even fleetingly any one of these mythical characters anywhere near Easter Road.

Whats more things are so far wrong that I wouldnt begin to know how to address them and that just might be the problem. no-one else does either!

Its relatively easy sorting one malfunctioning part of a team / club.

When the whole lot is ****ed you have no idea where to start and can never quite work out if changes to better one part worsen another.

You therefore enter a downward spiral where everyone is completely baffled about whats wrong, anxious and unsure about how to fix it, totally bereft of confidence and the constant tinkering with things just makes it worse.

Funny that sounds exactly like my golf at the moment!

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :top marks:top marks
see you in Rome will call you on tuesday

Mark_K
25-03-2012, 09:26 PM
brown

francomb mcpake hanlon kujabi

osbourne claros

wotherspoon griffiths stevenson

o'connor

BSEJVT
25-03-2012, 09:36 PM
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :top marks:top marks
see you in Rome will call you on tuesday

Cheers Sam

Change of user name fooled me

Had enough abuse with the old one:greengrin

Looking forward to seeing you in Rome for a few beers>

G

ancient hibee
25-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Recently I was looking at the EPL stats.Amazingly Blackburn were 6th highest goalscorers-they were also 2nd highest goal losers.It seems obvious but if you don't lose goals you don't lose matches and that is where the emphasis should be.

Sammy7nil
25-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Recently I was looking at the EPL stats.Amazingly Blackburn were 6th highest goalscorers-they were also 2nd highest goal losers.It seems obvious but if you don't lose goals you don't lose matches and that is where the emphasis should be.

And if you dont score you dont win matches

It is better to win 1 and lose 2 than draw 2 and lose 1 :cb

Kato
25-03-2012, 09:49 PM
a poor ref decision,

seen plenty of that already

Franck is God
25-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I'd like to see a change of keeper, never at any point rated Stack and would rather have Brown as number one.

Happy with the back four, although we have conceded a few goals recently I don't think we have allowed too many shots actually on target which makes it even more annoying that we have lost 4 goals in the last two games with almost the only efforts on goal.

The midfield is the key for me, I have always liked a midfield three with two wide, it allows us to get and keep more possession which in turn takes pressure of the defence.

It does only allow for one up top which is a thankless task but if done well can still result in a few goals, O'Connor did it very well at the beginning of the season so for me my first choice team would be below.

Brown

Francome---McPake---Hanlon---Kujabi

Claros
Osbourne-----Stevenson
Wotherspoon------------------------Griffiths
O'Connor

SteveHFC
25-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Brown

Francomb
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Osbourne
Stanton
Stevenson
Booth

Caldwell
Griffiths

:aok:

snooky
25-03-2012, 11:23 PM
One thing for sure, anybody who doesn't give 100% on the park should be shown the door, asap.
It's one thing to have a bad game if the ball doesn't bounce for you but at this stage of the game there's no excuse whatsoever for lack of effort - none!

edinburghhibee
25-03-2012, 11:55 PM
A lot more than McPake, Stephens, O'Hanlon and Doherty - is that enough?

He was MOM yesterday for me.

"A lot more" than McPake??? Really??? Don't agree with that at all Hanlon looks poor without McPake along side him telling him where to stand and what to do.

My team would be:

Stack/Brown (both just as bad as each other)

Doherty McPake Hanlon

Francomb Claros Kujabi

Ozzy Soares

Sparky O'Donovan

ancient hibee
27-03-2012, 06:15 PM
And if you dont score you dont win matches

It is better to win 1 and lose 2 than draw 2 and lose 1 :cb

Equally it's better to draw 4 than win 1 and lose 3 when trying to win another one.

Judas Iscariot
27-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Brown (Until he has a howler & Stack is back in)

Francombe McPake(c) Hanlon Kujabi

Sproule Osbourne Claros Soares

O'Connor Griffiths

AlbertK86
27-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Brown

Francomb
McPake
Doherty
Kujabi

Ozzy
Claros
Stevenson
Booth

Soares

Griffiths

Albion Hibs
27-03-2012, 07:55 PM
"A lot more" than McPake??? Really??? Don't agree with that at all Hanlon looks poor without McPake along side him telling him where to stand and what to do.

Yes really. Hanlon was very good on Saturday playing against one of the best / toughest target men in the league. McPake on the other hand seems to be at the centre of defence, and the problems whenever we ship 2, 3, 4 or 5 goals in a game. So far I have seen in have two decent games, both against Killie when they were playing 1 up front, a guy that is 5'10. I am a long way from convinced.

edinburghhibee
28-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Yes really. Hanlon was very good on Saturday playing against one of the best / toughest target men in the league. McPake on the other hand seems to be at the centre of defence, and the problems whenever we ship 2, 3, 4 or 5 goals in a game. So far I have seen in have two decent games, both against Killie when they were playing 1 up front, a guy that is 5'10. I am a long way from convinced.

Has Hanlon not been in the defence while we have been beat by 2,3,4 and 5 goals?

I will say Hanlon was ok on Saturday, but to say he had a very good game is crazy not one player that played on saturday had a good game, never mind a very good game. Never mind though we'll rack up three points on Sunday and all this moaning will disappear...

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

Famous5forever
28-03-2012, 02:31 PM
It is so close now a missed pen, a poor ref decision, a sending off or just lack of bottle could relegate us.

We need players who are not afraid and WANT Hibs to do well, that is the reason for Booth Sproule OConnor Griffiths Hanlon being in my team these guys must at least want it and that is 50% of the battle. I know others will slag O'Connor and Sproule but what we need now is committed players if these 2 are not committed we might as well prepare for a trip to Hamilton.

Agreed and Booth should be back into the team if fit.

mim
28-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Brown

Francomb
McPake
Doherty
Kujabi

Ozzy
Claros
Stevenson
Booth

Soares