PDA

View Full Version : Callum Booth

Sammy7nil
25-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Where is Booth ?

Totally out of favour ?

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-03-2012, 01:53 PM
sooner he is back in the team the better, the lad is a great player.

frazeHFC
25-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Was he on the bench yesterday? He was at Tynie. Get him left mid!

snooky
25-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Where is Booth ?

Totally out of favour ?

He was on the injured list a few weeks back.
Don't know if he's still getting back to fitness or just isny getting picked.

Scouse Hibee
25-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Ah the old selective memory routine of a football fan. A player who is out of the team and has been missing for a while is always remembered as being better than he was when he was in the team and playing gash!

Sammy7nil
25-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Ah the old selective memory routine of a football fan. A player who is out of the team and has been missing for a while is always remembered as being better than he was when he was in the team and playing gash!

Don't think anyone is hailing him as the saviuor and i only asked where he is :confused:

Scouse Hibee
25-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Don't think anyone is hailing him as the saviuor and i only asked where he is :confused:

Yeah I know, sorry wasn't getting at you just pre empting :greengrin

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-03-2012, 02:39 PM
was injured and is now out of favour.

Hibby Bairn
25-03-2012, 02:40 PM
In the stand yesterday with Galbraith.

Centre Hawf
25-03-2012, 06:08 PM
I think the lad will be a good player. These situations like the one we find ourselves in are the wrong time to play youngsters like Boothy. Couple of poor performances and we jump on their backs like animals crushing the lads confidence. If he were to return to the side id like to see him at Left Mid rather than Left Back. He cant possibly do any worse than Sproule Spoony and Soares at this point in time.

At The Edge
25-03-2012, 06:20 PM

:agree: Spoony said pretty much the same on his Twitter in reply to the same question

Matt92
25-03-2012, 06:32 PM
I think the case with Booth is maybe we learned throwing the youth in at the deep end and expecting them to swim us to safety isn't fair. Players like Wotherspoon, Stevenson (even though hes regained some of his ability) and Hanlon are all suffering in their development as so much expectation has been put on them and when they have an off day many the people on this board are on their backs, and at the game.
At least I hope they are shielding him for this reason as the boy can play, one of the very few raw but good talents that we have at our club, we must nurture him. :agree:

silverhibee
25-03-2012, 06:53 PM

:agree:

Wotherspiniesta
25-03-2012, 06:54 PM

Unbelievable really. One of the best players at the club.

marinello59
25-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Unbelievable really. One of the best players at the club.

Not really given that he cost us a few goals due to poor decision making. I do think he has something special though, we will see much more of him.

Wotherspiniesta
25-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Not really given that he cost us a few goals due to poor decision making. I do think he has something special though, we will see much more of him.

He's a young defender, he's bound to make a few mistakes. But he has pace and is an attacking threat. Definately deserves a shot at LM.

Eyrie
25-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm not convinced by him at LB, and a lot of the love for Booth on here is based on projecting how he would play on the left of midfield.

I'd like to see him and Wotherspoon improve to become good players but worry that their development has been hindered by the turnover of both managers and experienced teammates.

IberianHibernian
25-03-2012, 07:34 PM
What`s happened to Stephens ? Hasn`t played for us for a while . Presumed he was injured but he played for Wales Under 21s a few weeks ago .

marinello59
25-03-2012, 07:36 PM
He's a young defender, he's bound to make a few mistakes. But he has pace and is an attacking threat. Definately deserves a shot at LM.

Can't disagree. But he kept making the same mistake. I would rather his first team return was managed carefully than see a player with great potential ruined by association with our current first team.

silverhibee
25-03-2012, 08:11 PM

Not under PF i don't think we will. Not rated i have been told.

Sean will be the man to ask. :aok:

sesoim
25-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Callum Booth should be in the first team, on the left of midfield, NOW. If Fenlon can't see that, then he is an even worse manager than his results so far suggest.

sesoim
25-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Can't disagree. But he kept making the same mistake. I would rather his first team return was managed carefully than see a player with great potential ruined by association with our current first team.

In midfield he wouldn't have the same defensive responsibility. Surely he has to more to offer than the non-scoring, non-creating dross we are seeing in midfield at the moment?

It will be the icing on the cake if Galbraith gets back in the team ahead of him.

Jonnyboy
25-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Callum Booth should be in the first team, on the left of midfield, NOW. If Fenlon can't see that, then he is an even worse manager than his results so far suggest.

He's lucky he's not, in truth. After two or three games he'd be ripped up for arse paper on here

hfc rd
25-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Spoke to a dun utd season ticket holder from my work today saying that their is a rumour going on that they are monitoring Booth's situation at hibs and will make a move for him as Dixon looks very likely to be moving to England this summer.

Booth will definitely come back and haunt us big time, if we get rid of him. I think he is one of our best young players to have come out of our academy since the golden generation. I would love to see him at LM with Kujabi behind him at LB.

Winston Ingram
26-03-2012, 09:14 PM
I saw him, Galbraith & Scott Smith walking away from the ground towards the bridge at 5 to 3

PaulSmith
26-03-2012, 09:41 PM
He's lucky he's not, in truth. After two or three games he'd be ripped up for arse paper on here

JB, honestly so what if they did after he had a 2/3 poor games? There seems to be some perception that Hibs net or Hibees.bounce is the root cause of all the clubs problems.
It happens on every fans forum across the world, have a look at pie and bovril and it happens right down from EoS, junior and amateur level. Even some youth sites I read criticise the players.
It's 'almost' at the stage where we have posters who genuinely believe that certain posters are to blame for us being in the position that we're in.
Well if this is true and we're all Hibs fans together then lets shut down the site and see if it helps us stay up!? :)

Jonnyboy
26-03-2012, 09:54 PM
JB, honestly so what if they did after he had a 2/3 poor games? There seems to be some perception that Hibs net or Hibees.bounce is the root cause of all the clubs problems.
It happens on every fans forum across the world, have a look at pie and bovril and it happens right down from EoS, junior and amateur level. Even some youth sites I read criticise the players.
It's 'almost' at the stage where we have posters who genuinely believe that certain posters are to blame for us being in the position that we're in.
Well if this is true and we're all Hibs fans together then lets shut down the site and see if it helps us stay up!? :)

Fair points but it doesn't make it acceptable to rip into your own players afters a couple of poor performances. Maybe it's just me :dunno:

PaulSmith
26-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Fair points but it doesn't make it acceptable to rip into your own players afters a couple of poor performances. Maybe it's just me :dunno:

Acceptable no, definitely on a human aspect. But it is a public game and this is a public forum, if players are not mentally strong and they genuinely cannot make simple passes, not make basic errors or appear as though they couldn't give a toss then they should look at a different profession.
That is tough but if they genuinely struggle with some half wit comments on here then how do they cope at Tynecastle, Ibrox et all?

Jonnyboy
26-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Acceptable no, definitely on a human aspect. But it is a public game and this is a public forum, if players are not mentally strong and they genuinely cannot make simple passes, not make basic errors or appear as though they couldn't give a toss then they should look at a different profession.
That is tough but if they genuinely struggle with some half wit comments on here then how do they cope at Tynecastle, Ibrox et all?

Well that takes Lewis out of the equation :wink:

Famous5forever
26-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Where is Booth ?

Totally out of favour ?

If he is fit he should be back in the first team he is one of my favourite players.

Andy74
27-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Deservedly out of things at the moment.

He's a young lad and so will improve, however, the stark facts of it are that it was players like him who were the problem in terms of both our defending, our lack of phyisical presence and our lack of mental toughness.

When you think we had the likes of Booth, Towell, Wotherspoon and Galbraith all in the team at the same time.

Yes, he is nice on the ball, at least when he wasn't in his spell of making short pass backs, but I don't think that's enough to be in the team where we are right now.

If he can work on the mental side and defending he will be a very good player in the future.

BEEJ
27-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Deservedly out of things at the moment.

Yes, he is nice on the ball, at least when he wasn't in his spell of making short pass backs, but I don't think that's enough to be in the team where we are right now.

If he can work on the mental side and defending he will be a very good player in the future.
Or (as post #24 on this thread would suggest) if Hibs don't develop him in this way, another club like Dundee Utd might want to try.

:rolleyes:

Beefster
27-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Or (as post #24 on this thread would suggest) if Hibs don't develop him in this way, another club like Dundee Utd might want to try.

:rolleyes:

I keep reading on here about how most folk have absolute faith in Fenlon. If that's the case, they should be backing his decisions on players too - whether it's ignoring that Riordan is available, releasing Booth or anything else.

Jones28
27-03-2012, 09:50 AM
I saw him, Galbraith & Scott Smith walking away from the ground towards the bridge at 5 to 3

Shop for sweeties and fags :aok:

Jones28
27-03-2012, 09:54 AM
I keep reading on here about how most folk have absolute faith in Fenlon. If that's the case, they should be backing his decisions on players too - whether it's ignoring that Riordan is available, releasing Booth or anything else.

Just because you have faith in someone as a manager doesn't mean you can't disagree with a decision they make, especially if it's to release a young kid who has looked a very promising player. I would hate to see Booth go and would not want to see Riordan back at Hibs. The fact that Killie turned him down, he was ousted from his Chinese team and that he is now on trial another club surely shows that he is simply not good enough anymore. A good player who ruined his career by going to Celtic.

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2012, 09:57 AM

Any faith i had evaporated a long time ago, Fenlon either will or wont make us better, nothing we can do about it.

I'm surprised Booth has not been given a chance wide left, i think he could play that role and watching Lee Griffiths play there is a waste imo, especially when he only makes a token effort when defending.

I'd rather Griffiths played up top, and a more natural footballer who can defend a bit, and get forward and pick a pass played on the left.

Andy74
27-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Any faith i had evaporated a long time ago, Fenlon either will or wont make us better, nothing we can do about it.

I'm surprised Booth has not been given a chance wide left, i think he could play that role and watching Lee Griffiths play there is a waste imo, especially when he only makes a token effort when defending.

I'd rather Griffiths played up top, and a more natural footballer who can defend a bit, and get forward and pick a pass played on the left.

When has Griffiths been played left midfield??

silverhibee
27-03-2012, 10:14 AM

Did he not start the game at the weekend out on the left.

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2012, 10:28 AM

Were you not at the game on Saturday?:confused:

ahibby
27-03-2012, 10:37 AM
He might cost us at the back I can't remember to be honest. Did he not score in his last appearance and has scored from left back in other appearances, which is something our current left back hasn't done yet. Having said that I think our current left back is a better option for that position and I wouldn't mind seeing Booth in left midfield (he couldn't do any worse than Sproule). I rate Booth and would hate to see him go to another SPL side, if he is to be shipped then please let it be down south.

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Did he not start the game at the weekend out on the left.

:agree: If we are playing one up front, it would be better with someone who can actually control a ball, rather than ROD who really is just not very good imo.

Booth can bring the ball forward, and can make a pass, he's even chipped in with a couple of goals from full back. I think he'd get away with playing on the left with Kujabi giving him the cover he'd need.

He'd certainly help out defending more than Griffiths did on Saturday. Personally i just think it would give us a bit better balance.

basehibby
27-03-2012, 11:03 AM
He might cost us at the back I can't remember to be honest. Did he not score in his last appearance and has scored from left back in other appearances, which is something our current left back hasn't done yet. Having said that I think our current left back is a better option for that position and I wouldn't mind seeing Booth in left midfield (he couldn't do any worse than Sproule). I rate Booth and would hate to see him go to another SPL side, if he is to be shipped then please let it be down south.

:agree: That says it all for me - Kujabi has done very well since he came in and deserves to be pinning down the LB position - but I can't help thinking Booth might be very effective as a wide left mid - could hook up very well with Kujabi as they're both good footballers and would hopefully be on the same wavelength.

Worth a try to help address the dearth of creativity in our midfield - give it a go Pat!!!

Andy74
27-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Were you not at the game on Saturday?:confused:

The one were we played a 442 with Soares left and Osbourne right who also swapped over a fair bit?

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2012, 12:29 PM
The one were we played a 442 with Soares left and Osbourne right who also swapped over a fair bit?

Naw the one were we played 4-5-1 with Griffiths mainly on the left, but sometimes drifting to the right, isolating ROD all game. :greengrin

Andy74
27-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Naw the one were we played 4-5-1 with Griffiths mainly on the left, but sometimes drifting to the right, isolating ROD all game. :greengrin

I see. :greengrin

I think that was him just trying to get involved and he was meant to be up front!

brog
27-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I believe Callum's on a long contract but it worries me if knowledgeable posters like Silver think PF doesn't rate him. Like many I believe he could be an excellent left midfield player, or still a quality FB if his confidence returns & he gets support from midfield, I believe many of his problems stem from Ivan playing in front of him!
At the moment he's just about the only marketable asset we have so I'd be surprised if we let him go cheaply, hopefully he can return soon & show his true quality.

At The Edge
27-03-2012, 04:51 PM
PF does rate him, and he himself doesn't want to go anywhere. He'll get his chance again, and i'm certain that he'll grasp it.

Thats good news on all fronts, good player and a good future ahead of him...hopefully with Hibs
:pfgwa

Scouse Hibee
27-03-2012, 05:43 PM
I see. :greengrin

I think that was him just trying to get involved and he was meant to be up front!

:agree: 4-4-2 with Griffiths running about like a headless chicken.

BEEJ
27-03-2012, 05:44 PM
To spell it out ....

... I don't believe that Booth is the answer to our current woes in the first team. However, he clearly has something longer-term if properly developed as a player.

It would therefore be utterly galling if he was to move elsewhere in the close season and there have his potential fulfilled. It would be another nail in the coffin for Hibs much vaunted youth development policy.

Sadly, right now I have more confidence in the likes of Dundee Utd making a player of him than us.