PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Sproule - Wasted In Every Way

smurf
25-03-2012, 01:18 PM
A poor major signing last summer when before in his previous spell he was an impact squad player.

Last summer we needed first team starters and has left us badly exposed that we yet again didn't address this need.

Now he's finding himself as a sub and I'm struggling with how Pat Fenlon is using him as such.

Yesterday he came on and was deployed in an almost central left midfield position.

IIRC we were 0-1 down at the time. Surely his game is on the right hand side? Not suggesting he would have had much joy against the left back but surely if he was to have had any success it was to be there?

Managers who deploy players in unnatural positions baffle me.

Ivan Sproule is not the answer. But IMO we are far from utilising his attributes.

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-03-2012, 01:38 PM
A poor major signing last summer when before in his previous spell he was an impact squad player.

Last summer we needed first team starters and has left us badly exposed that we yet again didn't address this need.

Now he's finding himself as a sub and I'm struggling with how Pat Fenlon is using him as such.

Yesterday he came on and was deployed in an almost central left midfield position.

IIRC we were 0-1 down at the time. Surely his game is on the right hand side? Not suggesting he would have had much joy against the left back but surely if he was to have had any success it was to be there?

Ivan Sproule is not the answer. But IMO we are far from utilising his attributes.

This bugs me a bit. Osbourne was what has been getting at me over the past few weeks. Why is he right mid? Him and Claros were looking great together in the middle. Soares, he is right footed, why play him left. Wootherspoon? very rarely gets a game at right mid.

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Osbourne was really struggling on the right all game, and we bring Ivan on and play him centre midfield, wtf was all that about?

Broken Gnome
25-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Osbourne was really struggling on the right all game, and we bring Ivan on and play him centre midfield, wtf was all that about?

Danny Galbraith was always played right wing as well, never really helped his cause.

Playing Ivan left is understandable in a way as he rarely looks like going outside a man now; most of his best moments come from cutting inside. His introduction into a deep-lying midfielder role yesterday wasn't the wisest use of his talents though...

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-03-2012, 01:44 PM

Stack in goals as well? talk about players playing the wrong positions.... he should just stick to social convenor

iain nolan
25-03-2012, 04:06 PM
sproule , conner two players that calderwood brought back to the club .

maybe both off them should have left with him .

question should we take ex players back :flag:

snooky
25-03-2012, 04:57 PM

Kama Sutra being used as tactics guide methinks :crazy:

PISTOL1875
25-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Ivan Sproule is rotten.. End of.. There will a be a seat for him and GOC in the stand at the next match...

sesoim
25-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Sproule was a great option before as an impact substitute, coming on late to get a goal/set up a goal from the right hand side. This time around, we have wasted him by starting him too often and playing him out of position.

Just typical of Hibs - we make loads of bad signings and even when we sign decent players we don't know how to get the best out of them.

That's why we are heading down. :boo hoo: