PDA

View Full Version : What do you think will happen at Ibrox today?

Hibernia&Alba
25-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Off the pitch as much as on it. The Celtic fans are going to be winding up the Huns like anything. How will they react? Will we hear the return of The Billy Boys in an act of defiance? God knows what could happen if Celtic clinch the league. Lennon will probably be at his unpleasant worst, the Rangers fans will be screaming for his blood. As Scotland's only global fixture, I'm just hoping they don't show us all up.

jonty
25-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't expect the fans on either side to behave, fully expect at least 1 red card and Celtic to romp it.

Rangers are pish.

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
25-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Off the pitch as much as on it. The Celtic fans are going to be winding up the Huns like anything. How will they react? Will we hear the return of The Billy Boys in an act of defiance? God knows what could happen if Celtic clinch the league. Lennon will probably be at his unpleasant worst, the Rangers fans will be screaming for his blood. As Scotland's only global fixture, I'm just hoping they don't show us all up.

Interesting one. I actually think that a win, loss or draw would give either set of fans a reason to feel they have achieved something today. So the outcome is likely to be that one bigoted hate filled group of semi literate throw backs will be gloating and another won't be. Thus ensuring that most of Glasgow city centre is not the place to be afterwards.

No need to worry about what the viewing millions will see as SKY will continue their unwritten deal with both sides of the Sectarian divide and the SPL and block out everything they can that might possibly suggest any of the 3 institutions mentioned have a problem managing banned songs / behaviour and are turning a blind eye to it.

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Carnage if the smellies win, and all the songs from the bigoted song book will be aired today without doubt.

The authorities will turn a blind eye again, as the institution are in trouble, and dont want to be seen kicking a man when they are down.

snooky
25-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Interesting one. I actually think that a win, loss or draw would give either set of fans a reason to feel they have achieved something today. So the outcome is likely to be that one bigoted hate filled group of semi literate throw backs will be gloating and another won't be. Thus ensuring that most of Glasgow city centre is not the place to be afterwards.

No need to worry about what the viewing millions will see as SKY will continue their unwritten deal with both sides of the Sectarian divide and the SPL and block out everything they can that might possibly suggest any of the 3 institutions mentioned have a problem managing banned songs / behaviour and are turning a blind eye to it.

If sanity prevails AMcC and NL will make a pre-match agreement to make it a 0-0 game (similar to the last game of the season when Huns won the League at ER)
Everybody goes home happy.
Mind you, an arrangement like that would be illegal but, then again, what does the law of the country have to do with the OF? :rolleyes:

neilmartinrocks
25-03-2012, 10:34 AM

Surely not!! it will be the usual bigot-fest.
Only way id watch a soap-dodger derby is if there was a sniper in the stand.

HH81
25-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Can the title only be won today with a celtic win or will a draw do it?

H18sry
25-03-2012, 10:39 AM

:agree:

Hibernia&Alba
25-03-2012, 10:40 AM

They have to win. A draw would mean they need another point to be mathematically certain.

snooky
25-03-2012, 10:44 AM

Dunno but I think the tension would have been 10x worse had Huns been say, 5 points ahead of Celtc when they had the 10 points deducted.
As it happened the Soapies were favourites for the league before admin. which was probably just as well.

Let the battle commence :timebomb: :gun: :duck: :take that

lyonhibs
25-03-2012, 10:46 AM
With a bit of luck, Celtc will batter them, Rangers fans will start exploding with fury in the stands. Then, the brain dead bigots (aka a "vocal minority") on both sides of the divide will skull a bottle of Buckie each before meeting up on some piece of wasteland away from prying eyes where they can do us all a favour and wipe each other out.

It's the Sunday shoppers in Glasgow city centre and wifes of the more "old school" Rangers fans that I'm worried about to be honest. Hell mend the proportion of ********s in the stands who are looking for violence, wearing both blue and green/white.

Barney McGrew
25-03-2012, 10:53 AM
It'll be the usual.

One lot will sing songs unrelated to football about a dutchman on a horse from 300 odd years ago, and the other lot will sing songs unrelated to football about a famine in another country from 150 odd years ago. Sky will hype it up like it's the biggest thing since sliced bread, it will be a totally nondescript boring game and the authorities will totally ignore the songs I've already mentioned. A&E departments across Scotland will be in for a busy day and one set of people who have never seen the inside of Ibrox/Parkhead (delete as applicable) for years will give it big licks over the other set of people who have never seen the inside of Ibrox/Parkhead (delete as applicable) for years at work tomorrow morning.

Exactly the same as it always is.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-03-2012, 11:03 AM
You can almost guarantee bother during and after todays bigotfest. Will be surprised if there is not at least 1 sending off during the match too!
In the event of a Celtic win Lennon will indeed gloat, he just cannae help himself, in saying that, I don't know why he said he wouldn't.

Lofarl
25-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Everyone will join hands and sing kumbaya my lord and at full time both sets of fans will run onto the pitch and engage in much hugging, kissing and backslapping of each other. Lennon shall lead the crowd in a storming rendition of All you need is love.

Hibernia&Alba
25-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Depending upon what happens to Rangers, this could be the last Old Firm game in which they are competitive for a long time. For Celtic to win the league at their place, particuarly under these circumstances, will tip them over the edge, though I don't think they'll riot. That is reserved for other people's cities.

yeezus.
25-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Celtic will win, Rangers fans will go mental and starting singing songs that have been banned for years.:flag:

The_Todd
25-03-2012, 11:15 AM
though I don't think they'll riot. That is reserved for other people's cities.

Could've fooled me. I've seen the state of half of Glasgow.

Hibbyradge
25-03-2012, 11:25 AM
All the Scottish Cup semi-finalists lost yesterday.

I expect Celtic to lose too.

But they might not.

Hibernia&Alba
25-03-2012, 11:30 AM
If Celtic are couple of goals up by half-time, it could get very messy. Particularly if there is controversy on the pitch.

Hopefully their behaviour will actually be better than expected for once.

Antifa Hibs
25-03-2012, 11:31 AM
All I can gurantee is last weeks Athens Derby will make today's match look like a picnic for little girls.

Yet everyone's going to get all high mighty. Did you hear the naughty songs!!?? Did you see Neil Lennon celebrating winning the league!!?? Imagine that eh!!!!!!!!!!!! :cb

jonty
25-03-2012, 11:53 AM
It's passed me by, so this might seem a daft question, but what's this 'ice cream and jelly' that keeps getting mentioned?

BT58
25-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Can anyone please tell us what bigoted songs are ok
And what are not
Notice that the gers have got all the big guns back
Bt

jonty
25-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Did anyone else watching the game see the birthday greeting 'happy birthday Daivd Skinner'
Is that a real name or typo, makes it look like its not just celtc fans that can't spell.

vanNISHtelroy
25-03-2012, 11:58 AM
bit of class by Celtc for a change...meant to be wearing black armbands for Liam Kelly's dad!

Westie1875
25-03-2012, 12:08 PM
bit of class by Celtc for a change...meant to be wearing black armbands for Liam Kelly's dad!

They are wearing them :confused:

hibee_girl
25-03-2012, 12:09 PM

:agree: Rangers are too

vanNISHtelroy
25-03-2012, 12:13 PM

When I posted it I hadn't seen them yet, they were just in the tunnel and couldn't see...but was def praising them don't worry!

hibs0666
25-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Looked like a smashing occasion.

Hibernia&Alba
25-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Three red cards and Lennon sent off, too. Usual Old Firm derby! None of the reds were actually vicious, though. Even the two-footed tackle wasn't a nasty one; he got the ball cleanly, but rules are rules on that issue.

In terms of public order, it was the best result. Rangers keep their pride and Celtic will win the league. With Rangers' deep problems, the fixture might look different next season. Will Rangers be around, in fact?

Rodsterino
25-03-2012, 06:02 PM
What happened what was exactly what I expected to happen and happily put a bet on. Celtfc were blatantly denied the chance to clinch the league at Greyskull even though the huns were the better team and didn't need the ref for once...they had to be sure though.

Pretty Boy
25-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Celtics bottle crashed again.

Ross County semi, last weeks final and then today.

Hearts have a chance against them in the semi and if Celtic get through that Aberdeen or ourselves have a chance in the final.

Celtic are a good side but seem to lack a big match temperament.

Bostonhibby
25-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Celtics bottle crashed again.

Ross County semi, last weeks final and then today.

Hearts have a chance against them in the semi and if Celtic get through that Aberdeen or ourselves have a chance in the final.

Celtic are a good side but seem to lack a big match temperament.

Can honestly see what you mean but we are hardly stepping up to hte plate in any of the big matches we have had to get through recently. Who knows. something has to give soon - I could see us getting past Aberdeen in a one off, but will be hiding behind the sofa if we have to meet either the diet huns or the soap dodgers in a final...........

Westie1875
25-03-2012, 06:39 PM
What happened what was exactly what I expected to happen and happily put a bet on. Celtfc were blatantly denied the chance to clinch the league at Greyskull even though the huns were the better team and didn't need the ref for once...they had to be sure though.

Paranoid much? :rolleyes:

Barney McGrew
25-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Celtfc were blatantly denied the chance to clinch the league at Greyskull even though the huns were the better team and didn't need the ref for once...they had to be sure though.

They were blatantly denied by a defence that looked like they'd been watching tapes of Hibs back four. **** all to do with the referee.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-03-2012, 06:54 PM
I was confused by that blatantly denied statement too! Scott Brown shouldve been sent off before he had a chance to take the penalty!

The_Todd
25-03-2012, 07:11 PM

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/lennon%20boom1.gif

Nakedmanoncrack
25-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Not seen any of it and have little to no interest in theOF, but worth noting that the huns; despite being on their knees, and set forthe ultimate humiliation, were able to show some pride in the jersey and digout a result like that. Sadly its hard to imagine our club ever having the characterto do the same in equivalent circumstances.

Sylar
25-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Amazing togetherness shown by the Rangers squad today, despite their adversity - something we REALLY could benefit from emulating.

They were aided by the fact that all the talk beforehand was about what would happen WHEN Celtic won the league at Ibrox. I doubt McCoist had to say much beforehand.

Some former Rangers legends at the game today and was very nice to see Brian Laudrup again following his cancer scare last year. One of the best players I can remember seeing during my time following Scottish football.

Having seen the highlights though, I can't say I agree that there was any contact from Samaras for Celtic's penalty - looked like Boca quite clearly pulled out as Samaras was going down (pardon the use of the "nickname", but he is US national captain, and Rangers player or not, I can't bring myself to hate him :wink:)

chrisski33
25-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Yup wish some of our players would show the same level of fight and passion

Not seen any of it and have little to no interest in theOF, but worth noting that the huns; despite being on their knees, and set forthe ultimate humiliation, were able to show some pride in the jersey and digout a result like that. Sadly its hard to imagine our club ever having the characterto do the same in equivalent circumstances.

ekhibee
25-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Only saw the highlights just now on the BBC website. Thought the Cha sending off was really soft, and Wanyama definitely got to the ball first. Technically, by the letter of the law, both sendings off. To say Rangers didn't have help from the referee, I totally disagree with that because of the afore mentioned incidents. Probably the result was for the best in terms of public order, but as I hate both of them it really matters not to me.

Septimus
26-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Have to say that I thought that the referee was clearly biased in Ranger's favour. Not that I could give a damn who wins the league or whatever is going on at the top end.