PDA

View Full Version : Semi final tickets.

DH1875
25-03-2012, 10:02 AM
I take it everyone who's worrying about getting one of these will be at the Dunfermline game after the split. IMHO it's the much bigger game and IF we do make it to the final priority should be given to fans who make this instead of the semi. We should get about 20k seats for the final which isn't far off what ER holds so would work out well. What's people's thoughts, will we have more fans at the semi final or more fans at a winner takes all against Dunfermline at ER?

andrew70
25-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Never a truer word spoken but I wouldn't hold my breath.

greenlad
25-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Never a truer word spoken but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Totally agree - as things we stand we have 8 (maybe 9) games left and at the moment, the Aberdeen semi is by far the least important of all 8. The other 7 WILL directly ensure (or not as the case may be) the continued existence of Hibs at a semi-respectable level. If we can achive SPL safety and get a big day out at Hampden (and maybe even Europe) then great (in the context of this season at least as nothing this year could be considered great) but I find it utterly bizarre that everyone is scrambling over each other in the race for "big-match briefs" when there is such apathy for the REAL big-games, the ones that will have a material impact on our club's future and standing.

Its a cliche but at the moment we have one semi-final but seven cup-finals ahead of us.

Hibbyradge
25-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I'd only be worried if I'd got a ticket.

There will be more than enough for anyone daft enough to want to go.

I'll definitely be at the Dunfermline game though. If it's on a Sunday.

Hibbyradge
25-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Totally agree - as things we stand we have 8 (maybe 9) games left and at the moment, the Aberdeen semi is by far the least important of all 8. The other 7 WILL directly ensure (or not as the case may be) the continued existence of Hibs at a semi-respectable level. If we can achive SPL safety and get a big day out at Hampden (and maybe even Europe) then great (in the context of this season at least as nothing this year could be considered great) but I find it utterly bizarre that everyone is scrambling over each other in the race for "big-match briefs" when there is such apathy for the REAL big-games, the ones that will have a material impact on our club's future and standing.

Its a cliche but at the moment we have one semi-final but seven cup-finals ahead of us.

Hibs in Europe. Can you imagine that? :faf:

DH1875
25-03-2012, 03:57 PM
I'd only be worried if I'd got a ticket.

There will be more than enough for anyone daft enough to want to go.

I'll definitely be at the Dunfermline game though. If it's on a Sunday.

I reckon it's a cert for last Sunday of the season. Just hope it's not some daft kick off time like 12 o'clock.

Mikey
25-03-2012, 03:59 PM
I reckon it's a cert for last Sunday of the season. Just hope it's not some daft kick off time like 12 o'clock.

If it's the last weekend it'll be the Saturday.

DH1875
25-03-2012, 04:10 PM
If it's the last weekend it'll be the Saturday.

Do they not do top 6 on the Saturday and bottom 6 on the Sunday.

Mikey
25-03-2012, 04:18 PM

Other way round I think.

weecounty hibby
They are both big games but for different reasons. I have only been to a couple of games all season but I will be going to both of these fixtures with my son as I want Hibs to have as much support on both of these days as possible.

Hibbyradge

No.

The top 6 games are on the Sunday.

BT58
25-03-2012, 04:25 PM
After the split, will we only have 2 games at ER???
Is it inverness & dunfermline???
Bt

scoopyboy
25-03-2012, 04:29 PM
After the split, will we only have 2 games at ER???
Is it inverness & dunfermline???
Bt

I thought three.

ICT, Dunfermline and Killie.

Aberdeen and St.Mirren away.

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2012, 04:44 PM
I agree with the OP that Dunfermline at home could turn out to be our biggest game for a number of years.

But if it turns out to be a winner takes all shoot out Hibs should be charging a tenner for adults and a fiver for kids for that one. I will be there anyway like I always am. But we would be stupid not to maximize our support at a game like that.

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2012, 04:49 PM
I agree with the OP that Dunfermline at home could turn out to be our biggest game for a number of years.

But if it turns out to be a winner takes all shoot out Hibs should be charging a tenner for adults and a fiver for kids for that one. I will be there anyway like I always am. But we would be stupid not to maximize our support at a game like that.

if this game was the decider, i'd let folk in for nothing. Make them pick a ticket up, but give them it for nowt. I'd send 300 to the pars and make the rest our support.

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-03-2012, 04:51 PM
I thought three.

ICT, Dunfermline and Killie.

Aberdeen and St.Mirren away.

Before the split we play one more home game than away, so chances are one of those from Pars, ICT or Killie will be away.

DH1875
27-03-2012, 04:49 PM
No. The top 6 games are on the Sunday. Is that no so they can do a super Sunday type thing? With the league being well over by then I think they might switch it so we play on the Sunday.