PDA

View Full Version : Media Victoria Coren....

WellingtonHibby
25-03-2012, 05:23 AM
Hands up, who is the agitator (@londonhibee, John?) Behind her latest column in The Observer?

Will done whoever you are.

Ps. Stunning looks and whip smart...damn you David Mitchell!

Hibbyradge
25-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Stunning.

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Stunning looks????????

:confused:

lyonhibs
25-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Stunning looks????????

Roughly what I thought. Wouldn't say no, but 'stunning'??! Nah, not for me at least

Wilson
26-03-2012, 08:18 AM
As the conchords sang she is definitely in the top 3 most beautiful girls in the street (depending on the street).

Surely she should be out of DM's league in any case.

greenlex
26-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Stunning looks????????

:agree: Standards must be slipping. I would likes but stunning?

Wilson
26-03-2012, 11:08 AM
:agree: Standards must be slipping. I would likes but stunning?

Well we don't know who is brighton's back catalogue. Perhaps just having all her own teeth and her nose in the right place qualifies as stunning when measured against the munters he knocks around with. :na na:

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2012, 12:39 PM

Live Boeree, a much better looker. :wink:

Geo_1875
27-03-2012, 06:48 AM

Live Boeree, a much better looker. :wink:

She's only after your money.

easty
27-03-2012, 04:31 PM
As the conchords sang she is definitely in the top 3 most beautiful girls in the street (depending on the street).

Surely she should be out of DM's league in any case.

She couldnt even be a part-time model.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-03-2012, 12:43 PM
She seems to be a very clever girl, not so sure about stunning tho.

hibsbollah
09-04-2012, 04:55 PM
http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sUQmXsvEdDL9_ev4Q2pP53Q/view.m?id=15&gid=commentisfree/2012/apr/08/victoria-coren-liam-stacey-tweets&cat=most-read

I liked her article about Muamba and the racist tweets.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Good article that. She makes some very valid points.

lapsedhibee
10-04-2012, 11:09 AM
http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sUQmXsvEdDL9_ev4Q2pP53Q/view.m?id=15&gid=commentisfree/2012/apr/08/victoria-coren-liam-stacey-tweets&cat=most-read

Good article that. She makes some very valid points.

Yes, good points, but think she's wrong about the adjective from b*****d being b******dy. Isn't it b*starn?

And if the whole word without asterixes is permitted in a Sunday family newspaper, why is it not allowed on hibs.net?

hibsbollah
10-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Yes, good points, but think she's wrong about the adjective from b*****d being b******dy. Isn't it b*starn?

And if the whole word without asterixes is permitted in a Sunday family newspaper, why is it not allowed on hibs.net?
I prefer '*******ish'.

I like learning new words; our Victoria is good for that.
'Bowdlerise' def-to censor, especially to protect the public from outrage, from Thomas Bowdler the lexicographer.

The Observer and the Guardian regularly quote sweary words in their papers, unlike most other media. The point Coren makes very well is blanking out offensive words is fair enough, but it makes it difficult when a judiciary is expected to contextualise on how offensive a word is when you have to translate what ****ing ****y ***** actually means :greengrin:

lapsedhibee
10-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I prefer '*******ish'.

I like learning new words; our Victoria is good for that.
'Bowdlerise' def-to censor, especially to protect the public from outrage, from Thomas Bowdler the lexicographer.

The Observer and the Guardian regularly quote sweary words in their papers, unlike most other media. The point Coren makes very well is blanking out offensive words is fair enough, but it makes it difficult when a judiciary is expected to contextualise on how offensive a word is when you have to translate what ****ing ****y ***** actually means :greengrin:

I suppose she did it deliberately, but in a piece arguing for fuller disclosure she shouldn't really have referred to an offensive c-word and the racially offensive n- and w-words without checking first that I knew what she was referring to. Is the last of these "whitey"? :dunno:

yeezus.
10-04-2012, 03:20 PM
She is gorgeous, can't believe she is marrying Mitchell.

--------
10-04-2012, 03:44 PM

That's excellent - no more than I would expectt from her. As said, she's an extremely intelligent lass and exceptionally easy on the eye, IMHO.

If I understand her correctly, the stupid foul-mouthed bigotted wee ******* wasn't actually guilty as charged at all .... :cb

hibsbollah
10-04-2012, 05:31 PM
I suppose she did it deliberately, but in a piece arguing for fuller disclosure she shouldn't really have referred to an offensive c-word and the racially offensive n- and w-words without checking first that I knew what she was referring to. Is the last of these "whitey"? :dunno:
I think it might have been 'willy'. or w***.

nonshinyfinish
10-04-2012, 08:02 PM

I think it might have been 'willy'. or w***.

I assume that was 'wog' or something similar.

hibsbollah
10-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I assume that was 'wog' or something similar.

Wazzock?