PDA

View Full Version : Claros

hfc rd
24-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I hate to say it but this guy has been very poor. All these rave reviews when we signed him on deadline day was like as if we had just signed Zinedine Zidane. The tough tackling midfielder who could split defences wide open with his different range of passes. Supposedly the "Honduran Paul Scholes". All this talk about "You are being very harsh on this guy because he can't speak English and has never played in a different country before" is just simply a pile of rubbish. These kind of barriers are all part and parcel of Football. You just simply have to get on with it, if you want to reach the very top.

Where on earth did he get the name "Pitbull" from? More like a f****** poodle than a pitbull.

I just really hope the guy proves me wrong, because it just feels like another Edwin De Graaf situation.

24-03-2012, 11:03 PM
TBH I agree he didnt have a good game today but I actually think the guy has some potential. Give him some time.

ehf
24-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Comedy act. We should have kept Palsson.

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Agree with the OP, the type of class he was supposed to have would have shone through by now. Some very good marketing used in negotiating his transfer methinks.

thebausburst
24-03-2012, 11:32 PM
fitba folk ken whit he offers:greengrin

Beefster
24-03-2012, 11:41 PM
I know ..Pitbull? He can't even run.. Looks semi-disabled!

FFS. I've nothing against criticism (as anyone reading my posts will see) but have a wee bit of class. What the **** is 'semi-disabled' anyway?

smurf
24-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Very poor today. But he wasn't alone...

carnoustiehibee
24-03-2012, 11:58 PM
FFS. I've nothing against criticism (as anyone reading my posts will see) but have a wee bit of class. What the **** is 'semi-disabled' anyway?

Runs like he has Staines in his cat boots !

essexhibee
25-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Very lightweight to be nicknamed pitbull!

Perspective
25-03-2012, 12:14 AM
I think he's a player. Technically gifted and tenacious enough, but a bit one-paced. Would wager that's why he's not at a bigger club.

There was some talk he'd had a serious injury earlier in his career (beyond the obvious shooting incident). Would explain why his running style looks a bit laboured.

Still relatively new to Hibs and Scottish football. Certainly not ready to write him off yet.

TornadoHibby
25-03-2012, 12:31 AM
I think he's a player. Technically gifted and tenacious enough, but a bit one-paced. Would wager that's why he's not at a bigger club.

There was some talk he'd had a serious injury earlier in his career (beyond the obvious shooting incident). Would explain why his running style looks a bit laboured.

Still relatively new to Hibs and Scottish football. Certainly not ready to write him off yet.

I agree that he has the potential to help get us out of trouble this season! :agree:

Albion Hibs
25-03-2012, 12:33 AM
I wonder how many of the people having a go at the guy on this thread were the same ones that gave it the usual .net expert analysis of "looks like a real player"........after having seen him play for 5 mins.

Scouse Hibee
25-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Not just getting at Claros but how many times have we heard

Yes there's a class player in there
Potential to be a really good player for us
Needs more time to adjust to the SPL
You don't play for blah blah club without being a decent player
He's too good for those around him
He's not fully fit yet

How many players have actually hit the ground running for us?

TornadoHibby
25-03-2012, 12:42 AM

He's not fully fit yet

I doubt if we pay enough for players to 'hit the ground running'!

Albion Hibs
25-03-2012, 12:46 AM

He's not fully fit yet

This is part of the biggest problem at Hibs, we build players up based on nothing and then hammer them down, in the meantime dismissing any player that really offers something. I cant remember the posters that were saying Jimmy Scott was "the next Scott Brown" and Palsson was a "real player" based on sub appearance to Dundee Utd away, a game we got pumped to or 3 nil in. It is a farce.

Meanwhile we are happy to boo players like Liam Miller because an internet site / lazy journo says hertz are interested in him. Players like him, Rankin, Riordan and a few others from the past few seasons would walk into this team.

We have a fan base that is all to happy to hammer the team and a board that is too weak and listens too much to those who know nothing about football.

Golden Bear
25-03-2012, 08:35 AM
He would be a good player in a good team which probably explains why he's total mince with us.

He's a luxury we can't afford right now.

Nakedmanoncrack
25-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Has offered nothing, but we'd never heard of him previously, all the high hopes were based on the fact that a penniless & desperate Rangers wanted to sign him.

Jim44
25-03-2012, 08:51 AM
He would be a good player in a good team which probably explains why he's total mince with us.

:agree: A bit like putting Hellman's mayonaise on to a soggy salad. No amount of quality can improve something that's innately rubbish. Tesco's basic brand would have as much effect.

Spike Mandela
25-03-2012, 08:52 AM
:na na:
Has offered nothing, but we'd never heard of him previously, all the high hopes were based on the fact that a penniless & desperate Rangers wanted to sign him.

Was it not the case that Pat Fenlon was in the press raving about signing a player with real quality?

ballengeich
25-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Looks the same to me as he did after his first appearance - a technically gifted player who isn't used to having opponents with the speed and strength of the SPL. It explains why he would look really good in training, but have difficulty is using his skills in a competitive environment. He needs time in the gym imo.

pedroorange1875
25-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Zinedine Zidane would look bad in that team

Nakedmanoncrack
25-03-2012, 05:46 PM
:na na:

Was it not the case that Pat Fenlon was in the press raving about signing a player with real quality?

Possibly, but Fenlon probably wouldn't have heard of him prior to the Rangers interest either, the idea of us signing a player of 'real quality' at the moment is laughable.

Albion Hibs
25-03-2012, 05:51 PM

dont understand that statement. I would look like a good player playing for barca, does not mean I have any footballing ability. If he is a decent player he will show something, not asking him to skin the entire opposition and chip the keeper from the half way line but the slap pass five yards either side of his team mates is doing nothing for anyone at the moment.

Hermit Crab
25-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Is he the new scape goat or is it Soares as per other thread. Gie the boy time ffs

hibsbollah
25-03-2012, 07:09 PM
He was diabolical yesterday. However, Ive seen enough quality in him in previous games to think he will still be a player for us.

Kujabi Soares :doh:erty McPake Claros are all improvements on what we had. Lets not panic.

Cropley10
25-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Had we bought Goodwin we'd be saying the same thing about him by now.

We're in a sorry place, doesn't matter who we sign they soon get dragged down to 'relegation' standard players.

Nuitdelune
25-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Had we bought Goodwin we'd be saying the same thing about him by now.

We're in a sorry place, doesn't matter who we sign they soon get dragged down to 'relegation' standard players.

True, look at John Rankin since he left, we will probably want him back soon. :confused: by it all

R'Albin
25-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Comedy act. We should have kept Palsson.

No chance. Had a couple of good games but that was it.

Elephant Stone
25-03-2012, 07:31 PM
I hate to say it but this guy has been very poor. All these rave reviews when we signed him on deadline day was like as if we had just signed Zinedine Zidane. The tough tackling midfielder who could split defences wide open with his different range of passes. Supposedly the "Honduran Paul Scholes". All this talk about "You are being very harsh on this guy because he can't speak English and has never played in a different country before" is just simply a pile of rubbish. These kind of barriers are all part and parcel of Football. You just simply have to get on with it, if you want to reach the very top.

Where on earth did he get the name "Pitbull" from? More like a f****** poodle than a pitbull.

I just really hope the guy proves me wrong, because it just feels like another Edwin De Graaf situation.

Since when did we expect our players to have the ability to make it to the very top? I reckon we should cut these guys who take a bit of time to settle in foreign countries a bit of slack seeing as we're a bit short of these world class players at the moment.

HibbyAndy
25-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Is he the new scape goat or is it Soares as per other thread. Gie the boy time ffs

Give him time ? Time for what??.. we have 8 games remaining and we need 11 players on the pitch to be performing to the best of there ability...Claros IMO is a passenger, He has shown glimpses of a decent player inside that body, But give him time, Your joking right?..The guy either has natural ability or he doesnt, That doesnt take time to bed in, Your born with it...I got sucked in like all the rest believing we pinched a quality player from under Ranger's nose's.

Truth of the matter is, he is a passenger like far to many of the players in the sqaud.

Pitbull? Mare like a ****ing poodle!..His distribution, Awareness, And passing was horrendous yesterday!! AND he shat out a 50/50at Tynecastle last week.

Not for me.

Jonnyboy
25-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Give him time ? Time for what??.. we have 8 games remaining and we need 11 players on the pitch to be performing to the best of there ability...Claros IMO is a passenger, He has shown glimpses of a decent player inside that body, But give him time, Your joking right?..The guy either has natural ability or he doesnt, That doesnt take time to bed in, Your born with it...I got sucked in like all the rest believing we pinched a quality player from under Ranger's nose's.

Truth of the matter is, he is a passenger like far to many of the players in the sqaud.

Pitbull? Mare like a ****ing poodle!..His distribution, Awareness, And passing was horrendous yesterday!! AND he shat out a 50/50at Tynecastle last week.

Not for me.

Who would you play instead Andy?

Matt92
25-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Claros is gifted but unfortunately is slower than a week in jail.
He seems surprised at the pace of our game and struggles to keep up!
Not for me i'm afraid, BUT who would we play instead of him? He is a squad player but needs replaced.

Hiber-nation
25-03-2012, 08:35 PM
He's a decent midfielder but 46 caps for Honduras doesn't mean he'll take the SPL by storm. After all Zarabi had about 35 caps for Algeria did he not?!?

I think he'd benefit from strikers who made intelligent runs rather than haring about like heidless chickens.

HibbyAndy
25-03-2012, 08:51 PM

Nae idea, Doesnt excuse the hype on here that the boy is a player tho Jonny..Maybe sacrifice a midfielder and play another up top.

Im just disheartened at the guys ability ( Or lack IMO ), We gave him a big reputation when in actual fact no one has seen him play.

Not for me, Not one single jot.

Jonnyboy
25-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Nae idea, Doesnt excuse the hype on here that the boy is a player tho Jonny..Maybe sacrifice a midfielder and play another up top.

Im just disheartened at the guys ability ( Or lack IMO ), We gave him a big reputation when in actual fact no one has seen him play.

Not for me, Not one single jot.

Exactly! I'd persevere as I've seen enough to show he can play a bit

JimBHibees
26-03-2012, 01:52 PM
I think he isnt the most physical or athletic however not sure he is suited to who is playing next to him. Think he is half decent on the ball and a calm when in possession. Personally would play a 5 in the middle with Griffiths up front to shore up the midfield. Would probably bring Francomb to right mid and play Claros, Ozzy and Lewis in the middle with Soares left.

silverhibee
26-03-2012, 02:12 PM

That's the problem J, there is no one else on the bench to replace him, he seems to be struggling with the pace of the game just now, every time he was on the ball at the weekend the Utd players closed him down straight away.

He has to do better until the end of the season as i think he will play all game's, once he has had a pre-season behind him i think we will see a better player, hopefully that is in the SPL next season. :aok:

zlatan
26-03-2012, 02:24 PM

Stevie Fulton

Mikeystewart
26-03-2012, 02:44 PM

He's not fully fit yet

Don't buy this at all, a good player knows what his team mates can and cant do, a good player makes players around him look better.

hibeedonald
26-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Threads like these really annoy me, remember similar ones about Vaz Te, saying he wasn't good enough, got a feeling this will turn out the same way.

Scouse Hibee
26-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Don't buy this at all, a good player knows what his team mates can and cant do, a good player makes players around him look better.

If only that was true eh!

Paisley Hibby
26-03-2012, 03:29 PM

Good post. I'd hate to think he's going to be another midfielder we hound out of the club. It can't be much fun playing for Hibs at the moment but I think that as we improve so will he - especially next season.

Jonnyboy
26-03-2012, 10:00 PM
That's the problem J, there is no one else on the bench to replace him, he seems to be struggling with the pace of the game just now, every time he was on the ball at the weekend the Utd players closed him down straight away.

He has to do better until the end of the season as i think he will play all game's, once he has had a pre-season behind him i think we will see a better player, hopefully that is in the SPL next season. :aok:

...... or Stevenson but some want them both dropped :greengrin

ekhibee
27-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Good post. I'd hate to think he's going to be another midfielder we hound out of the club. It can't be much fun playing for Hibs at the moment but I think that as we improve so will he - especially next season.

Fair point, but we haven't improved yet!