PDA

View Full Version : A club needs Focus from top to bottom

Swindonfan
24-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Yeah i am a swindon fan. At end of last season we were relegated. We were pathetic. Players didnt care. Never seen a worst town team. Fans had lost interest as players just didnt try. Our board admitted they made mistakes. And they were determined to put right those mistakes. So we brought in Paulo Di Canio. And the board backed him totally. He made huge cock ups on some players and we paid them off and kicked them out. One guy signed a two year deal and never played in first team. Paulo expects alot from his players. If they dont perform they dont get days off. They come in sundays and go over the game the day before. There is now a desire to succeed from manager to players and from the board room. Tomorrow we go to wembley in the watching paint dry cup. But we will love it. And we are top the league.

Where is the desire from hibs board to succeed ? If you chose a manager you have to back him. On attendances , or potential attendences Hibs should be able to compete for 3rd every year. If motherwell can and are so should Hibs be. But Hibs get a manager, give him peanuts and then sack him just before your AGM usually. Then the new guy comes in and gets rid of the previous dross and replaces them with his own. What are hibs looking to achieve ? This should be asked to your board. Why did they build the training ground and the stadium for ?

I genuinely love Hibs. Ex lives up there and watched a few games over time. Its a great club with great fans who are being badly short changed. You dont have to spend out mega money. Look at Heffernan at Killie. Been around lower english leagues, always a goal scorer. Why did killie get him and not hibs. Do you have scouts ?

For me Hibs as a club have lost purpose. You have to have a goal and look to achieve it. But you have to be realistic as well of course. To look at table and see Hibs could go down is a disgrace and for me that disgrace belongs to the board.

If you have desire to do well from the board and the manager and that is installed into the players you have a chance. You can change things around quickly. I felt hibs had that chance last summer. Lots of players out of contract. Time to burn the dead wood and look to improve. How can hibs go from one lot of dead wood to another?

Everyone in the playing sqaud has to pull together. They have to be a team. At swindon last year we had factions. Ex leeds players who stayed together. Scots lads who stayed in their group. They werent together. So we got rid off all the bad eggs. Maybe thats what you need. A total rebuild. But then your board have got to trust the manager. And the manager has to be up to the job. I can only hope and pray that Hibs do surive, and that serious questions are asked and for once a serious plan of action is implemented and followed through that can see Hibs get back to where they should be.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-03-2012, 08:46 PM
A very decent post that.

CabbageBoy
24-03-2012, 08:49 PM
A very decent post that.

I'd draw the line at employing a self confessed fascist as manager, though.

Beefster
24-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Great OP. The Hibs board won't do what the Swindon board did though.

IberianHibernian
24-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Interesting post Swindon fan . I think almost everyone who follows Hibs realises changes are needed to bring some stability ( ironically ) and see some progress but in the short term the priority is to stay in SPL ( and win cup ) so got to back present players and hope owners of club are planning changes at board level for near future . Hopefully this time next year wè won`t be in same position .