ehf
24-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Hope he enjoyed his afternoon off.

smurf
24-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Not fit but very little desire...

hibsbollah
24-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Nonsense. He, Claros and Ozzie put in a power of 'unseen work' in the engine room.

squire
24-03-2012, 08:08 PM
He was never in a position to receive the ball nor did he make any movement in order to do so. Pathetic

Hibs7
24-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Never been impressed with him.

Elephant Stone
24-03-2012, 08:23 PM
He was never in a position to receive the ball nor did he make any movement in order to do so. Pathetic

That's been the story of our midfield for years. Having two deep sitting centre mids and encouraging long ball makes it seem even worse. The lack of support our midfield gives other players when they're on the ball is unbelievable.

Hibs7
24-03-2012, 08:29 PM

Glasgow Hibee
24-03-2012, 09:40 PM

First time since Christmas I've managed to get to a game and disappointed in a good few of the new players but was hoping that Soares would add something in an attacking sense. Unfortunately he added the square root of F*** all.

hfc rd
24-03-2012, 10:06 PM
When he came off, he didn't seem to care and was laughing and joking away with the guy sitting next to him on the bench about something. How on earth is this guy with a decent EPL club simply bewilders me. :confused:. Dixon and Watson had him in his back pocket all day.

Malonga's Cat
25-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Soares was awful. Didn't look interested. He's probably not though, he's here for some first team football. The result won't matter to him.

Brooster
25-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Soares was hiding, basically moving away from the play so he didnt have to get involved. He is a non trier who shat every loose ball. This attitude will get us relegated.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-03-2012, 08:17 AM
I used to get annoyed with Ricado Vaz Te because he made it so, so obvious that he was with us to get fit and nothing more. Complete lack of respect and professionalism. So far Soares is making RVT look like a die-for-the-jersey sort. I know he has not been with us for that long, but we can't carry bodies waiting for them to come good. That was not what the scoop of loan signings was for.

TornadoHibby
25-03-2012, 08:21 AM
When he came off, he didn't seem to care and was laughing and joking away with the guy sitting next to him on the bench about something. How on earth is this guy with a decent EPL club simply bewilders me. :confused:. Dixon and Watson had him in his back pocket all day.

Seemed to be indicating that he had a groin 'niggle'!

Certainly didn't come from high levels of exertion on the pitch yesterday! :wink:

Scouse Hibee
25-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Seemed to be indicating that he had a groin 'niggle'!

Certainly didn't come from high levels of exertion on the pitch yesterday! :wink:

No but I believe he has been overworking that area which might explain his lacklustre performances! :wink:

Beefster
25-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Soares is obviously a quality player when fit and motivated. It's just a pity that he's neither for fit or motivated.

Bostonhibby
25-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Soares is obviously a quality player when fit and motivated. It's just a pity that he's neither for fit or motivated.

Posted below on the main thread on the 24th Jan when he joined ...............

Tin hat firmly on.

Working in Bromley Kent today, Palace territory and am with a guy who is a serious Palace fan - view of Soares -

"lots of fans thought he was good, others thought he got a bit lazy. very quick but clueless with it, dipped in and out of games, to be honest I was delighted when he got a surprise England u21 cap as it boosted his value when we needed the cash the most, we haven't missed him. Could do well up there but not sure he will fancy it if defenders are physical"

Just passing on info and I hope Tom does well with us.

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Yet another player yakking to the press about going to do this and going to do that...:blah::blah::blah:

:zzzzz!:

snooky
25-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Posted below on the main thread on the 24th Jan when he joined ...............

Tin hat firmly on.

Working in Bromley Kent today, Palace territory and am with a guy who is a serious Palace fan - view of Soares -

"lots of fans thought he was good, others thought he got a bit lazy. very quick but clueless with it, dipped in and out of games, to be honest I was delighted when he got a surprise England u21 cap as it boosted his value when we needed the cash the most, we haven't missed him. Could do well up there but not sure he will fancy it if defenders are physical"

Just passing on info and I hope Tom does well with us.

Looks like buddy may have called it right early doors.

Sammy7nil
25-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Could be worse we could have paid £2.1 milliion for him :cb

PISTOL1875
25-03-2012, 11:47 AM
He has been relegated with every team he has previously played for.. Says it all.

Newhaven
25-03-2012, 11:55 AM
To all of you who went past the main stand and admired a white porsche canyenne (or similar vehicle) reg E1 TJS this belongs to Mr Soares :greengrin

MrRobot
25-03-2012, 12:18 PM
To all of you who went past the main stand and admired a white porsche canyenne (or similar vehicle) reg E1 TJS this belongs to Mr Soares :greengrin

Why would you feel the need to post which car is his? Just inviting trouble for him.

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2012, 12:22 PM
He never seems fit, i'd imagine if someone was prepared to pay the kind of fee he commanded earlier in his career, he had some sort of ability, and should be good enough for a bottom SPL side, but he just never seems fit, or always coming back from an injury.

I doubt we will see the best of him?

Scouse Hibee
25-03-2012, 01:07 PM

I think anyone that saw the car could work out who it was from the reg plate (as I did). Not sure why you feel the need to post it on here though?

SouthamptonHibs
25-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Soares has been relegated 3 times in his short carear! Its looking like four times if he and the rest of our wage thiefs don't pull there fingers out

ahibby
25-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Was it a coincidence that Utd scored shortly after Soares was subbed? Probably but I'd still rather have him on the pitch than Sproule. Ossie and Claros were awful and gave us nothing in midfield except second prize everytime. Pat Fenlons substitutitons seemed to cause us as many problems as Utd. We just haven't got a clue and we are seriously staring relegation in the face again. I think we will go down.

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Soares is a good player. Yesterday two things happened, he wasnt fully fit and he was played out of position.

TornadoHibby
25-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Soares is a good player. Yesterday two things happened, he wasnt fully fit and he was played out of position.

And he shirks physical challenges, doesn't actively mark 'his man', constantly points to opponents or spaces to team-mates implying that they should cover there, and doesn't care if Hibs win or not as far as I can see!! :confused:

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-03-2012, 01:59 PM
I doubt any of us could know if he doesnt care?

if he isnt fit that might explain why he cant mark opponents?

TornadoHibby
25-03-2012, 05:13 PM

This is kind of heading towards a 'my Dad can 'do' your Dad' kind of situation but, if Soares isn't fit, why is he selected for and playing for our team?:confused:

marinello59
25-03-2012, 05:19 PM
If he is a good player he had one hell of an off day yesterday. I would have had him replaced at half time. Being played out of position does not excuse getting the basics wrong.

TornadoHibby
25-03-2012, 06:07 PM

The way he goes in for 50/50's in a half hearted way looking like's afraid he's gonna get hurt is a pretty good clue that he doesn't care if we win or not! :rolleyes:

inglisavhibs
25-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Was it a coincidence that Utd scored shortly after Soares was subbed? Probably but I'd still rather have him on the pitch than Sproule. Ossie and Claros were awful and gave us nothing in midfield except second prize everytime. Pat Fenlons substitutitons seemed to cause us as many problems as Utd. We just haven't got a clue and we are seriously staring relegation in the face again. I think we will go down.

Apart from the back four and Griffiths in the first half the rest of the team were way below the standard of the United team. It doesn't help our midfield when Osbourne is played wide right (never be a wide player) and Soares is played wide left where he looks completely lost. Soares shouldn't have been playing anyway as he was nothing like 100% fit. Our two central midfielders, Claros and Stevenson were woeful and these two won't win any midfield battles in this league. Stevenson was behind Rankin in the peckin order when he played with us and now he is away, we are playing Stevenson as first choice! Griffiths is a very good first division player but won't do a lot against the better teams in this league. O'Donavon is just not up to it. At the moment we have no idea how to get forward as a team and don't have the midfield or strike force to create or score anyway. We have to try and make the best of what we have till the end of the season and stay up though. Getting Osbourne back in central midfield would help and give Booth a chance wide left midfield (where he played for Brechin). At least he gives us a bit of quality and hope in the final third whereas yesterday we had none. Very depressing watching a United team who lost a number of their best players last season rebuild their team with no money available and still come to Easter Road and make us look second rate. The gap in players ability was massive.

ekhibee
25-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Why would you feel the need to post which car is his? Just inviting trouble for him.

Nice car though.

Speedway
25-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I remember a pro-Hibs propaganda piece by John Leslie on Blue Peter during the Lexo dynasty.

He was interviewing Goram, who mentioned that part of his preparation for a game was to treat every ball that went past him as a personal insult to make him ever more determined not to let it happen again.

Whatever we think of Goram, he went on to be a winner with an attitude like that despite having won nothing at that point in his career. He was serious about succeeding.

I see nothing in player interviews or performances to suggest that we have a mindset like that at the club anywhere now.

marinello59
25-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Looks like he has a physical disability when he runs.Takes really short strides and no pace. I'm still trying to figure out the physical disability Claros has.But there's definitely something not "normal" about his running style. I'd be surprised if he could do 100m in less than 18 seconds!

Are we agreeing about something? :confused:
:greengrin

marinello59
25-03-2012, 07:59 PM
I assumed you agreed with everything I said and that you only pretended to go against my opinion on the odd occasion to be difficult and attention seeking :))))

Only when it comes to Maka. :greengrin

erin go bragh
25-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Never ? what about when he scored 2 at killie :cb
ggtth