PDA

View Full Version : Odds for Hibs to fiinish bottom of the SPL (currently 4/1)

The Voice Of Reason
24-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I see that even after today's defeat against Dun Utd, William Hill are still offering 4/1 for us to finish bottom of the SPL :-

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/scottish-premier/scottish-premier-league/to-finish-bottom

To be brutally honest, 4/1 seems generous to me. The old saying about the bookies never being wrong, lets hope they are right with this and Dunfermline do indeed go down !

:duck:

Part/Time Supporter
24-03-2012, 08:19 PM
The odds are about the same as yesterday. Bookies obviously not shocked by today's results. If anything, Dunfermline missed a chance to close the gap, just as Hibs missed an opportunity three weeks ago when the fixtures were (sort of) reversed.

The_Todd
24-03-2012, 08:21 PM
3/1 Paddy Power.

The Voice Of Reason
24-03-2012, 08:23 PM
The odds are about the same as yesterday. Bookies obviously not shocked by today's results. If anything, Dunfermline missed a chance to close the gap, just as Hibs missed an opportunity three weeks ago when the fixtures were (sort of) reversed.

Fair dos. Tell you what though, I would rather have money on us at 4/1 than Dunfermline at odds on.

We have failed to score against Aberdeen, St Mirren, Hearts and Dundee Utd................not looking good IMHO (I know, I should stop stating the obvious!) :boo hoo:

Hiber-nation
24-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Fair dos. Tell you what though, I would rather have money on us at 4/1 than Dunfermline at odds on.

We have failed to score against Aberdeen, St Mirren, Hearts and Dundee Utd................not looking good IMHO (I know, I should stop stating the obvious!) :boo hoo:

And I thought I was negative....jeezo.

Sergey
24-03-2012, 08:25 PM
3/1 Paddy Power.

Probably a decent bet in what is clearly a 2 horse race.

The Voice Of Reason
24-03-2012, 08:27 PM
And I thought I was negative....jeezo.

Eh ?!? :confused:

I have said I would rather have money on us at 4/1 than Dunfermline at odds on (purely from a betting point of view). I happen to think that 4/1 is too big a price for us to go down, given the current debacle and the fact we have failed to score against the 4 teams mentioned.

Do you disagree ?

Sorry if my post offended you. :rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
24-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Probably a decent bet in what is clearly a 2 horse race.

Aye, and 4/1 is an even more decent bet !

The_Todd
24-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I suspect WillHill just haven't updated yet.

Hiber-nation
24-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Eh ?!? :confused:

I have said I would rather have money on us at 4/1 than Dunfermline at odds on (purely from a betting point of view). I happen to think that 4/1 is too big a price for us to go down, given the current debacle and the fact we have failed to score against the 4 teams mentioned.

Do you disagree ?

Sorry if my post offended you. :rolleyes:

Not in the least offended - but about time you changed your user name to the Voice of Negativity!

The Voice Of Reason
24-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Not in the least offended - but about time you changed your user name to the Voice of Negativity!

Oh that's original :aok:

How was my post negative ? We are cr*p and I think 4/1 is too big a price !

Sergey
24-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Aye, and 4/1 is an even more decent bet !

We're not 4/1. The price hasn't been updated on Oddschecker and Hills have suspended their market.

I've just attempted to place a wager.

The Voice Of Reason
24-03-2012, 08:41 PM
We're not 4/1. The price hasn't been updated on Oddschecker and Hills have suspended their market.

I've just attempted to place a wager.

Ah, OK - thanks for clarifying Sergey !

P.S I don't blame you for trying to place a bet - just be prepared to be called "negative" and accused of being a Yam !

Hiber-nation
24-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Ah, OK - thanks for clarifying Sergey !

P.S I don't blame you for trying to place a bet - just be prepared to be called "negative" and accused of being a Yam !

Well at least I didn't do that :greengrin

Jim44
24-03-2012, 08:48 PM
[QUOT=Part/Time Supporter;3159152]The odds are about the same as yesterday. Bookies obviously not shocked by today's results. If anything, Dunfermline missed a chance to close the gap, just as Hibs missed an opportunity three weeks ago when the fixtures were (sort of) reversed.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for being pedantic, but Dunfermline did close the gap on us today.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-03-2012, 09:26 PM
3-1 still sounds very generous, very tempted to place a bet to be honest.

Edit-

Bet now placed with Skybet at 7/2, £10 free bet added if opening new account.