PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get Pass Marks?

hibsbollah
24-03-2012, 05:17 PM
...for todays total fiasco?

I thought Hanlon did well. Griffiths had a good first half and then never saw the ball again.

Stack and the entire midfield were totally ****ing woeful. Claros? Soares? a disgrace.

Mikey
24-03-2012, 05:18 PM
The view from my new seat got pass marks but that's about it!

Golden Bear
24-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Kujabi.

Full stop.

Brebners Bookie
24-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Hanlon was good, Griffiths tried hard.

smurf
24-03-2012, 05:22 PM
More players hid than didn't. Again.

Elephant Stone
Kujabi did well going forward with absolutely no support, made some good tackles as well. I thought Stevenson played well and Griffiths did OK too. I'm bemused with Osbourne yet again that he manages to make folk think he's a good player and is missed when not in the team, I don't remember a central midfielder for us with such poor distribution. Tom Soares was absolutely anonymous with the exception or two or three woeful first touches, he surely can't be a bad player so it's frustrating that he's offered so little.

marleyhib
Kujabi.

Full stop.

Agree 100%, rest were complete gash - would give Osbourne negative marks today

marinello59
24-03-2012, 05:25 PM
The view from my new seat got pass marks but that's about it!

You couldn't see the pitch then? Lucky *******!

No pass marks for anybody from me and that includes the management team.

ehf
24-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Hanlon and Kujabi. Stack made one great save in the first half and was unlucky at the first goal, but chucked the ball into his own net again at the second. That didn't matter, though, as we were never going to score. We are worse than we were under Calderwood: at the last Dundee Utd game we fought back from 3-1 down but there was no possibility of us taking anything from today's game once we went behind. Sad reality is that Fenlon has punted decent players (Sodje, Agogo, Palsson) and brought in pub team players (Doyle, Soares, Claros).

Badabing
24-03-2012, 09:16 PM
I thought Francombe didn't do too much wrong today. Damned by faint praise!

QMU-1875
24-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Stevenson Kujabi and Griffiths get pass marks for me. They were the only players on the park who put some fight in and were dragged down due to their team mates inability to give a flying **** about the situation. Claros was horrific, no fight, no class, no nothing. Completely hid and looks worse and worse every game he plays! I really hope we get given the player we were promised but unfortunately i think we have a dud!

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Hanlon and Kujabi. Stack made one great save in the first half and was unlucky at the first goal, but chucked the ball into his own net again at the second. That didn't matter, though, as we were never going to score. We are worse than we were under Calderwood: at the last Dundee Utd game we fought back from 3-1 down but there was no possibility of us taking anything from today's game once we went behind. Sad reality is that Fenlon has punted decent players (Sodje, Agogo, Palsson) and brought in pub team players (Doyle, Soares, Claros).

:confused: Sodje scored goals last season when we needed them, the other two were complete gash!

Glasgow Hibee
24-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Stevenson, Kujabi for effort. Hanlon, and Francombe looked good in the first half but I didn't have much of a view of the two goals as I was at the far end, so can't vouch for the second half.

Franck Le God
24-03-2012, 09:50 PM

Must be some pub team you play for!

hfc rd
24-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Kujabi. Just a shame for the wee man that none of his players around him in green and white seemed to have the same passion and heart as this guy.

ehf
24-03-2012, 10:43 PM

My 15 year old daughter (a decent girl's school player) could have played in Claros's role today and contributed more.

ehf
24-03-2012, 10:50 PM

My 15 year old daughter (a decent girl's school player) could have played in Claros's role today and contributed more.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2012, 10:50 PM
First half they all got pass marks, we matched them for the first 45 minutes. The 2nd half we were abismal, and Dundee Utd upped their game and took us apart,

Stack 2 or 3 decent saves but a mistake for their 2nd goal. 5
Francombe, did he get the right side of his player once? 4
Doherty, nothing majorly wrong, and again looked dangerous at the other end. 6
Hanlon steady, but as usual slow and cumbersome on the ball. 5
Kujabi tried his best, but felt sorry for him as there were no options other than the long punt. 6
Osbourne, shocking game done nothing all game. 3
Claros, poorest game so far. 4
Stevenson, usual 100% another 4
Soares, did he play? 3
O'donovan he's poor, never be a player 3
Griffiths always wants to try the world beating ball, does look the best forward we have, although not hard.Might have score in the first half, but still average at best 5.

Subs the lot 2.

jon paul jones
25-03-2012, 02:20 AM
Pass marks go to

Stevenson - scarily the only person in midfield that did what he was supposed to do
Hanlon - has his critics and answered them today by growing a pair and putting his anatomy on the line. Kept it simple.
Griffiths - borderline pass marks. Not enough service and support in second half from others

I'm still awake at 215am/315am worried how little verve, fight and swagger our midfield had today.

Osbourne - cant seem to get past a player,

Soares - for the position of huge influence linking to the strikers, he was my big disappointment today.

Claros - had a few good saving tackles tracking back but generally is not the player we need or is not following instructions given.

IF PF can get improvement in these three players, we may just stay up.

For the first time this season, I'm a worried man.

hibees707070
25-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Can't believe people are saying hanlon played well! To be fair he won quite a few headers but as usual his distribution was shocking! For me the only one that would get pass marks would be kujabi. The same against the s c u m he seems to be the only player that actually cares about the result. On a side note what has happened to Doherty? First few games looked head and shoulders above anything we have but recently looks so dodgy and claros how long is it going to take to get used to the pace of the game? Only players I would keep for next season if possible are francomb, mcpake, kujabi, osbourne and griffiths. Worrying that 3 out of they 5 are on loan!

adhibs
25-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Can't believe people are saying hanlon played well! To be fair he won quite a few headers but as usual his distribution was shocking! For me the only one that would get pass marks would be kujabi.

completly agree with that. girffiths done alrite and stevenson was alright without ever doin anything brilliant

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-03-2012, 08:28 AM
For me, the first half version of Kujabi gets pass marks. Second half was poor.

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-03-2012, 08:34 AM
i am just failing to see what stevenson offers us. he clearly is the right kind of person to be a professional footballer but he is dire.
He will never score a goal or pick a creative, decisive pass. He likes a tackle but actually lacks the pace to be first to the ball?
Rankin kept him out the team when he was here, at least rankin weighed in with a few goals.
Hibs played Ozzy out right/left yesterday, this frightened me a bit as he is our best central midfielder but Lewis is getting in front of him.
i like his attitude and application but his level of ability will get us relegated.

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-03-2012, 08:36 AM
completly agree with that. girffiths done alrite and stevenson was alright without ever doin anything brilliant

what did stevenson do? that influenced the game or changed the game?

just cant see the love in with this lad.

adhibs
25-03-2012, 12:22 PM

done nothin to influence the game at all. if that came across that i rate him it wasnt meant to. was just sayin he done nothin wrong and made a few simple pases as he always does but nothin profuctive realy

Baldy
25-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Subs the lot 2.

2?

is that how many times the 3 of them touched the ball in total between them?

marinello59
25-03-2012, 12:27 PM

What did any of them do to change the game?

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2012, 12:31 PM
When Ivan came on yesterday, i watched a poor wide right player played in central midfield. Why?

If he is to have any effect as a sub, and have any chance of making a difference its to play where he's most comfortable, not in a position where he needs to think and take control of the ball and pass it around? :confused:

Seveno
25-03-2012, 05:20 PM

Don't suppose your Labrador likes him much either.

inglisavhibs
25-03-2012, 07:21 PM
I thought Francombe didn't do too much wrong today. Damned by faint praise!

The whole back four did ok and Griffiths was reasonable in the first half. Can't believe that some people thought Stevenson was good, he is nowhere near good enough to be a regular in any decent Hibs team. Both central midfielders were way short yesterday and to make matters worse our only half decent central midfielder (Osbourne) was playing wide right where he is absolutely lost. The front six of our team were completely outplayed by a team rebuilt with no money to spend after losing some of their best players. Says it all.