PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets - just insulting

Onion
24-03-2012, 04:53 PM
IMHO Hibs must remove early bird discount deadline on Season Tickets with immediate effect. IMHO it is now just INSULTING to try encourage supporters to put their hard earned cash into some unknown product for next season when there is just so much wrong with the club and we've no idea what division we'll be in. I've no problem with them packaging up a deal, but to continue with a 6 April deadline is just an insult to people's intelligence and verging on mis-selling.

Once we're safe in the SPL, AND have some well articulated statement from the Club about our plans and intentions for the 2012/13 season, then and only then should should they start punting marketing deadlines.

lyonhibs
24-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Call it lunacy if you will (I know I would) but some people are going to get a ST for Hibs come hell or highwater. Why shouldn't the club reward people who are willing - despite all the unknown variables you mention - to commit and stump up cash early doors?

Sammy7nil
24-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Free games against OF :confused::confused:
and Hibs fans call Neil Lennon Arrogant

jgl07
24-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Simple enough response if you don't like what's on offer.

Don't renew.

Hibercelona
24-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Call it lunacy if you will (I know I would) but some people are going to get a ST for Hibs come hell or highwater. Why shouldn't the club reward people who are willing - despite all the unknown variables you mention - to commit and stump up cash early doors?

Anybody who thinks they're being "rewarded" needs to have their head examined.

TheMentalHibees
24-03-2012, 05:36 PM
They have a ****ing cheek asking for £405 to watch that *****.

Onion
24-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Simple enough response if you don't like what's on offer.

Don't renew.

No danger of me renewing at this point. I'm simply saying that I find the "offer" of committing my money early is insulting my intelligence, and not what I would expect from any self-respecting company. It is crass marketing to say the least.

But don't let that stop you :greengrin

Gatecrasher
24-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Renewed today, i will be there no matter what division we are in WAHFC :pfgwa

Alfred E Newman
24-03-2012, 06:15 PM
I am not renewing till I know what league we are in next season. It is testing supporters loyalty to the extreme to expect us to stump up before the split this season. By the way, who are the free games against if we get relegated?

IberianHibernian
24-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Surely noone really thinks there wouldn`t be some kind of refund for STHs if we`re relegated ? Other seasons relegation was still mathematically possible when STs went on sale albeit not as possible / probable as now . When do club normally announce walk - up prices though presumably they`ll be as high or higher than this season which won`t help crowds at all .

onfire
24-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Know what you are saying, but if you don't want to, don't - there's no gun at your noggin. I will cos always do and getting the extras bagging a ST early rewards the optimism.

Makaveli
24-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Hard to believe the nerve to still advertise "kids go free" and especially "plus a free home shirt" over the tannoy with no word of the restrictions.

bighairyfaeleith
24-03-2012, 07:39 PM
jeezo, if you don't want it don't bloody buy it, lets not have a go at hibs for trying to tempt you to buy a ticket. I mean FFS really, is this a genuine thread:confused:

CabbageBoy
24-03-2012, 08:32 PM
I am not renewing till I know what league we are in next season. It is testing supporters loyalty to the extreme to expect us to stump up before the split this season. By the way, who are the free games against if we get relegated?

Personally, I'm more likely to go next season if we are in the First Division. It was fun last time, the football was more entertaining, certainly better than the shambles in the SPL over the last few years.

IberianHibernian
24-03-2012, 08:40 PM
In short term should club not be offering a mini season ticket for remaining home games ? Probably three home games after split so why not offer tickets for a tenner ( with generous benefits for season ticket holders who bring along friends for coming matches ) ?

CabbageBoy
24-03-2012, 08:42 PM
In short term should club not be offering a mini season ticket for remaining home games ? Probably three home games after split so why not offer tickets for a tenner ( with generous benefits for season ticket holders who bring along friends for coming matches ) ?

Because they'd never come back again?

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2012, 09:55 PM
I will support Hibs and buy a season ticket no matter what league they are in!

PapillonVert
24-03-2012, 10:04 PM
What happens if we renew and we end up in the 1st Division (ever more likely as each day passes)?

The Club should tell us if there will be a refund to take account of the lower 1st Division rates.

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2012, 10:10 PM
What happens if we renew and we end up in the 1st Division (ever more likely as each day passes)?

The Club should tell us if there will be a refund to take account of the lower 1st Division rates.

Why? What are these lower rates?

The clubs running costs, expenditure will not change overnight if we are relegated! How the hell do people assume relegation means the club can suddenly drop the price of ST's?

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2012, 10:12 PM

I really don't know. But they couldn't seriously charge over four hundred notes for SFL football.....could they? And what about the free Old Firm tickets? :dunno:

TornadoHibby
24-03-2012, 10:18 PM

The clubs running costs, expenditure will not change overnight if we are relegated! How the hell do people assume relegation means the club can suddenly drop the price of ST's?

Surely if most of the players are out of contract at the end of the season, the club has the ability to reduce its playing staff costs by paying lower wages on (presumably) lesser quality players although, bearing in mind recent performances, what kind of prospects is that going to leave us with in terms of achieving promotion quickly if at all, if we get relegated? :confused:

Big Frank
24-03-2012, 10:19 PM

with respect, what a crock of ****.

You honestly think Hibernian can justify their prices if they were relegated? They can hardly justify them if we stay up!!

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2012, 10:24 PM

You honestly think Hibernian can justify their prices if they were relegated? They can hardly justify them if we stay up!!

Hibernian can't justify **** all just now however I would hope they try and retain SPL players to get promoted the first time around if relegation was to become a reallity, any longer than one season out of the SPL and we really would be ******!

IberianHibernian
24-03-2012, 10:33 PM
There`s no way club will even try to charge the same in Div 1 as in SPL . Presumably they`re too embarrassed to say so now or know that if we`re relegated there`ll be new people making decisions , in public at least . 2000 STHs ( possible number if no price cut ) paying 400 pounds a year is 800,000 pounds while I think there would definitely be 6000 at 200 a year meaning 1,200,000 pounds if club wanted to try to preserve or improve fanbase . These figures are estimates for first division which hopefully won`t be necessary but I suspect club will have to think of ways of offering more incentives to renew in SPL and so also compensate fans who`ve already renewed . Walk up prices in Div 1 would probably be about 15 pounds ( less if they want to create atmosphere ) .

joebakerforever
24-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Could there be a fall back if as expected, Ross County win Div 1, but are denied promotion because their ground does not meet SPL requirements by the deadline date ?

Given it appears the SPL would not expel Rangers should they be liquidated, I would not be surprised if the old boys club would rally round to ensure Hibs remain in the top tier.

jon paul jones
25-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Even after todays soul destroying result, I paid for my next season up front after the game. Yes I waited the obligatory 20 minutes to be served in an empty club shop and when asking for the terms and conditions of the purchase, neither the club shop or ticket office could provide me with a printed copy due to the chestnut answer, internet was down.

Needless to say Hibs are the reason for my visit to the pub, the dinner being in the dog and me sleeping on the couch tonight.

Diclonius
25-03-2012, 02:28 AM
As things stand, the majority of fans will have paid £405 per win this season.

Eyrie
25-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Could there be a fall back if as expected, Ross County win Div 1, but are denied promotion because their ground does not meet SPL requirements by the deadline date ?

Given it appears the SPL would not expel Rangers should they be liquidated, I would not be surprised if the old boys club would rally round to ensure Hibs remain in the top tier.

I'd expect Ross County to have a fall back position of ground sharing with Inverness for a season. And whilst relegation is an appalling prospect, I'd rather not escape on a technicality like that.

SloopJB
25-03-2012, 09:13 AM

I think the club are planning ahead for next season and those plans include being in the SPL. To do anything else would appear to some as being defeatest, some may see at pragmatic, some may see it as indecisive but no matter how they approached it there would be a plethora of posts pointing out what the poster sees as being wrong with the decision.
Should the day come when it is mathematically proven that we are the team to be relegated, that will be the time to advise on pricing, until then? I think people are being given the authority by the club to make a decision, based on the information they have provided, on their own.

Why does relegation to the first division seem more likely today than yesterday, and why will it appear more likey tomorrow than today? My point here is there will be something to pick at in any statement made.

BT58
25-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I may be totally wrong here but,,,,
The last time we where relegated, im sure RP kept the season/ admissions as premier prices
Im sure that he classed it as our great adventure
Maybe this could be the great adventure (part 2),, not in my eyes though,, i think HFC have blew it big style,, the number of people who go now are totally dissalutionised(sp). Keeping season ticket prices at such a high price is ludicrous,, weve had a few bad seasons now,, bringing the seasons down to say £300 would entice more back
But that will never happen
Bt

Beefster
25-03-2012, 12:35 PM
As things stand, the majority of fans will have paid £405 per win this season.

I think that £45 per point sounds like better value.

H18sry
25-03-2012, 02:21 PM

I really don't know. But they couldn't seriously charge over four hundred notes for SFL football.....could they? And what about the free Old Firm tickets? :dunno:

There`s no way club will even try to charge the same in Div 1 as in SPL . Presumably they`re too embarrassed to say so now or know that if we`re relegated there`ll be new people making decisions , in public at least . 2000 STHs ( possible number if no price cut ) paying 400 pounds a year is 800,000 pounds while I think there would definitely be 6000 at 200 a year meaning 1,200,000 pounds if club wanted to try to preserve or improve fanbase . These figures are estimates for first division which hopefully won`t be necessary but I suspect club will have to think of ways of offering more incentives to renew in SPL and so also compensate fans who`ve already renewed . Walk up prices in Div 1 would probably be about 15 pounds ( less if they want to create atmosphere ) .

My reply when I asked Fife Hyland
what if we are relegated and there is no old firm games? / One question that I forgot to add in my original e-mail, if we are relegated will the prices remain at SPL level or is there a season ticket plan B?

Season Ticket Membership will always be the most cost-effective way to support Hibernian. Season Ticket Members will not be disadvantaged if there are any pricing changes in the future. More importantly, as Pat Fenlon said last week, ‘Season Ticket Members are the core of Hibernian. They allow me to look forward to next season and plan what I can spend on the team. They will dictate how we move forward as a Club.’’ Waiting to renew or invest in a Season Ticket Membership is self-defeating and only disadvantages the team, not you.

ekhibee
25-03-2012, 03:35 PM
I may be totally wrong here but,,,,
The last time we where relegated, im sure RP kept the season/ admissions as premier prices
Im sure that he classed it as our great adventure
Maybe this could be the great adventure (part 2),, not in my eyes though,, i think HFC have blew it big style,, the number of people who go now are totally dissalutionised(sp). Keeping season ticket prices at such a high price is ludicrous,, weve had a few bad seasons now,, bringing the seasons down to say £300 would entice more back
But that will never happen
Bt

Yeh, totally agree. I'm not sure about the last time, I didn't get a season ticket that season we were in the 1st division (but up ended going to most of the home games anyway), and in any case the season ticket price then was nothing like what it is now. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't reduce season ticket prices, but who knows, they might actually see sense over this.

Archie70
25-03-2012, 03:38 PM
[/COLOR][/B]
Season Ticket Membership will always be the most cost-effective way to support Hibernian. Season Ticket Members will not be disadvantaged if there are any pricing changes in the future. More importantly, as Pat Fenlon said last week, ‘Season Ticket Members are the core of Hibernian. They allow me to look forward to next season and plan what I can spend on the team. They will dictate how we move forward as a Club.’’ Waiting to renew or invest in a Season Ticket Membership is self-defeating and only disadvantages the team, not you.[/QUOTE]

So forking out over £400 to watch first divsion football wouldn't disadvantage me? Is he for real? I've been a season ticket holder since the 80s and fully intended to take up the "esrly bird" offer but not with this kind of atitude. I'm truly sickened by the Board and the contempt with whch they treat us fans.
Their lack of interest in Football is what's killing our club.

Mikey
25-03-2012, 04:00 PM
So forking out over £400 to watch first divsion football wouldn't disadvantage me? Is he for real? I've been a season ticket holder since the 80s and fully intended to take up the "esrly bird" offer but not with this kind of atitude. I'm truly sickened by the Board and the contempt with whch they treat us fans.
Their lack of interest in Football is what's killing our club.

That's not what he's said though, is it.

marinello59
25-03-2012, 04:28 PM
what if we are relegated and there is no old firm games? / One question that I forgot to add in my original e-mail, if we are relegated will the prices remain at SPL level or is there a season ticket plan B?

Season Ticket Membership will always be the most cost-effective way to support Hibernian. Season Ticket Members will not be disadvantaged if there are any pricing changes in the future. More importantly, as Pat Fenlon said last week, ‘Season Ticket Members are the core of Hibernian. They allow me to look forward to next season and plan what I can spend on the team. They will dictate how we move forward as a Club.’’ Waiting to renew or invest in a Season Ticket Membership is self-defeating and only disadvantages the team, not you.

FH is no loss to the diplomatic corp, that's for sure. I get what he is saying but the delivery ain't the best.

The_Todd
25-03-2012, 04:57 PM
That's not what he's said though, is it.

I understand the desire to stand up for the club, but he also didn't answer the question clearly either. A simple yes or no would have done, but he just babbled a non-answer, really.

Mikey
25-03-2012, 05:07 PM
I understand the desire to stand up for the club, but he also didn't answer the question clearly either. A simple yes or no would have done, but he just babbled a non-answer, really.

It certainly doesn't say that prices will be £400+ next season regardless of what league we're in. If someone interprets it that way and says they won't renew because of that I think it's worth clarifying.

Alfred E Newman
25-03-2012, 05:26 PM

Deary me. What an atrocious statement. Surely these jokers must understand supporters reluctance to renew season tickets given the dross currently on offer, and when it is still touch and go whether or not we will be in the Premier League next season.
Yes these supporters are the core of Hibernian and have loyaly backed the club over the past few years and got back nothing but grief for their troubles.
It is only March after all and having stumped up £400 last year for the privilage of watching 1 league win and 1 cup win there is no way I am going to renew now , no matter how much I love the club.

Beefster
25-03-2012, 05:35 PM
FH is no loss to the diplomatic corp, that's for sure. I get what he is saying but the delivery ain't the best.

For a guy who was the Comms Director, his comms are terrible sometimes.

The_Todd
25-03-2012, 07:02 PM
It certainly doesn't say that prices will be £400+ next season regardless of what league we're in. If someone interprets it that way and says they won't renew because of that I think it's worth clarifying.

It doesn't say it will be, and it doesn't say it wouldn't be. Given how straightforward the question was I'm disappointed by the completely political answer: long winded, but containing absolutely no useful information. I think it has to be clarified.

We're in trouble, the club needs it's fans right now but the club isn't helping itself by being ambiguous.

Eyrie
25-03-2012, 07:32 PM

Translation - Look, we're trying to shift the damned things so that we know how much money we have for new players in the summer. And there will be refunds if we go down although for obvious reasons we're trying not to talk about that.

Archie70
25-03-2012, 07:36 PM

It doesn't say they won't.

A simple "No, we'd review the prices and offer a refund of £xxx to those have shown their commitment and bought early" would have sufficied.

I bought my first one in 84 and have never missed a year since, including our last relegation. However, unless they answer the simple question I won't be renewing. Not that I think they'll be in the slightest bit interested.

marinello59
25-03-2012, 07:42 PM
It doesn't say they won't.

A simple "No, we'd review the prices and offer a refund of £xxx to those have shown their commitment and bought early" would have sufficied.

I bought my first one in 84 and have never missed a year since, including our last relegation. However, unless they answer the simple question I won't be renewing. Not that I think they'll be in the slightest bit interested.

Totally agree regarding the clubs response. But I suspect you will do the same as me and renew anyway. The club takes people like us for granted at their peril though. More and more of us will drop out if we continue to get ill thought out responses like that one .

H18sry
25-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Totally agree regarding the clubs response. But I suspect you will do the same as me and renew anyway. The club takes people like us for granted at their peril though. More and more of us will drop out if we continue to get ill thought out responses like that one .

The whole e-mail was condescending :agree:

lucky
25-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Filled in form then binned it. Watching Hibs is just so depressing. The club is going backwards. The board have actually managed to piss off fans with their arrogance and very poor communication. The team is awful, never any good news comes from the club. The email sent out before actual offer for ST was a joke.