PDA

View Full Version : I have said it before....

sauzee6_2
24-03-2012, 05:36 PM
And am now saying it again.

Trust me, we have major problems!

At present, Scott Lindsay is acting as director of football - HE IS AN ACCOUNTANT!!

So many managers over the last 5 years have tried to take the club forward, by implementing structures off the park, however they have been blocked from board level, this then led to them effectively knowing their fate, yet trying to avoid it. John Collins was the only one that could afford to walk away.

Scott Thompson is the only member of coaching staff that has any form of relationship with players.

Very few of the players like Fenlon, or his staff. From what I have been told, training is a rammy, and boring! It is like football in the 1980's.

Griffiths is not the most intelligent lad in the world, hence why he snapped first, all he did was throw his training bib in fenlons face. And what happens?? Relegation fight or not a manager with any bollox would have dropped him. The players do not like or respect him.

Griffiths had passed the daily mail report onto his lawyers.

Jimmy Scott, he changed his number, told the head of HR (who did not tell manager) and was fined 2 weeks wages for not receiving a text message. What does it tell you when the manager communicates with his players via text message???

The players a never told when the next day off is, again the players have families - even in a privileged position (as they are) not knowing when they can spend time with their families only leads to resentment!

As for acting like a top flight club....

The players need to bring their own food for after matches. I know that most working people have to bring their own food but these are supposed to be athletes and should be treated as such!

8 new players in Jan, who had very little knowledge of SPL and they have never watched any video footage of opposition!!

Not only that, they do not even watch the Hibs matches afterwards, how can they learn from their mistakes?

And that is me not even touching on the joke that is Hibernian TV! Run by somebody claiming to be a Hibs fan, that grew up in England, yet his first game was Motherwell away 4 years ago. And of course the technical assistance, somebody with Zero technical training (or knowledge). Ever wondered why there are so many problems? Because the technical help is not capable of fixing it!

And to reward incompetence, they are given responsibility for the twitter feed - with some dreadfully amateur tweets!

Yes, I have inside knowledge, but I also love this club - enough is enough! Fix the problems, and fix them now!

MSK
24-03-2012, 05:53 PM

At present, Scott Lindsay is acting as director of football - HE IS AN ACCOUNTANT!!

So many managers over the last 5 years have tried to take the club forward, by implementing structures off the park, however they have been blocked from board level, this then led to them effectively knowing their fate, yet trying to avoid it. John Collins was the only one that could afford to walk away.

Scott Thompson is the only member of coaching staff that has any form of relationship with players.

Very few of the players like Fenlon, or his staff. From what I have been told, training is a rammy, and boring! It is like football in the 1980's.

Griffiths is not the most intelligent lad in the world, hence why he snapped first, all he did was throw his training bib in fenlons face. And what happens?? Relegation fight or not a manager with any bollox would have dropped him. The players do not like or respect him.

Jimmy Scott, he changed his number, told the head of HR (who did not tell manager) and was fined 2 weeks wages for not receiving a text message. What does it tell you when the manager communicates with his players via text message???

The players a never told when the next day off is, again the players have families - even in a privileged position (as they are) not knowing when they can spend time with their families only leads to resentment!

The players need to bring their own food for after matches. I know that most working people have to bring their own food but these are supposed to be athletes and should be treated as such!

8 new players in Jan, who had very little knowledge of SPL and they have never watched any video footage of opposition!!

Not only that, they do not even watch the Hibs matches afterwards, how can they learn from their mistakes?

And that is me not even touching on the joke that is Hibernian TV! Run by somebody claiming to be a Hibs fan, that grew up in England, yet his first game was Motherwell away 4 years ago. And of course the technical assistance, somebody with Zero technical training (or knowledge). Ever wondered why there are so many problems? Because the technical help is not capable of fixing it!

And to reward incompetence, they are given responsibility for the twitter feed - with some dreadfully amateur tweets!

Yes, I have inside knowledge, but I also love this club - enough is enough! Fix the problems, and fix them now!See all the problems you mention ..I wouldnt doubt for a minute all is not cosy ..however ..all this pish that " I have an insider" is either total bollox or someone within the club has a deep hatred for the board ..so ..lets get this "mole" into the open ..lets name him .. you know him ..name him ...if not then I would regard what you said as total bollox and another attempt to bring this club to its knees !!!!

smurf
24-03-2012, 05:56 PM
No idea whether what you say is true or not but only an idiot could conclude otherwise that we are a club in a very poor shape.

And I've consistently said responsibility starts at the top.

Pretty Boy
24-03-2012, 05:58 PM
It's taken a while for me but there is now no doubt in my mind that something stinks at ER and.its higher up the chain than the football manager.

sauzee6_2
24-03-2012, 05:59 PM
See all the problems you mention ..I wouldnt doubt for a minute all is not cosy ..however ..all this pish that " I have an insider" is either total bollox or someone within the club has a deep hatred for the board ..so ..lets get this "mole" into the open ..lets name him .. you know him ..name him ...if not then I would regard what you said as total bollox and another attempt to bring this club to its knees !!!!

Come on, not going to name sources. Not asking you to believe me, however I would suggest that too many people have put their heads in the sand for too long.

Hiber-nation
24-03-2012, 06:06 PM
It's taken a while for me but there is now no doubt in my mind that something stinks at ER and.its higher up the chain than the football manager.

No doubt about it. We sign players who seem to deteriorate when they play for Hibs then strangely become better players again when they leave. And we suffer in silence. All this stuff about fans trying to bring the club to its knees its bollox. We have the most patient fans in the league. Any other set of fans in our position would be protesting in some way but we can't do that because its "yam-like".

Sean1875
24-03-2012, 06:09 PM

Definitely agree theres something strange going on, and probably very nieve of me but how could board room goings on affect players attitude on the pitch? Theres no way 5 managers could be wrong. Just look at Mixu as an example, horrific with us, went to Killie and was brilliant and now managing his national side, something not right with that.

Hibercelona
24-03-2012, 06:10 PM

Everything traces back to the board, regardless of what the problems are. Whether it be with players, managers or other staff.

The defence the board have been getting over the years is frankly, quite shocking.

We're always aiming our abuse at the players and the manager and the staff... etc. While the board members sit back on their leather padded seats, more or less free of criticism.

Fans need to be heard from the very top in order for there to be any real change. Otherwise we'll continue our spiral into oblivion.

MSK
24-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Come on, not going to name sources. Not asking you to believe me, however I would suggest that too many people have put their heads in the sand for too long.Fair enough ..no names then I think you are talking bollox ..almost everything you have said has been said on here before ...same old ..same old ..however like you, no names have been mentioned ..

The Voice Of Reason
24-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Fair enough ..no names then I think you are talking bollox ..almost everything you have said has been said on here before ...same old ..same old ..however like you, no names have been mentioned ..

So if someone doesn't name their source you think they are talking "bollox" ?!? That seems a bit harsh.

I have been told a number of things about Hibs over the years, one example being that (even after just winning the CIS Cup) things were not right in the dressing room and that the players hated Collins. I told a few mates and may even have mentioned it on here - but I would not name my source (who was an ex player) - as I promised not to name him.

According to you, I was talking "bollox" !

"sauzee6-2" seems genuine enough to me. :agree:

MSK
24-03-2012, 06:23 PM
So if someone doesn't name their source you think they are talking "bollox" ?!? That seems a bit harsh.

I have been told a number of things about Hibs over the years, one example being that (even after just winning the CIS Cup) things were not right in the dressing room and that the players hated Collins. I told a few mates and may even have mentioned it on here - but I would not name my source (who was an ex player) - as I promised not to name him.

According to you, I was talking "bollox" !

"sauzee6-2" seems genuine enough to me. :agree:Aw come on ..every man & his dug have at some point said on here they have an "exclusive" but its been bollox ..Ive heard it all before ..if you are gonna do some "revealing" then reveal ...name yer sources ..otherwise its complete fabrication ..

Thats why we had a Greggs forum .."So & so heard whilst in Greggs" ...then it was the Fish man ..etc etc ..

If you wanna state facts on a public forum ..at least be prepared tae back it up !!!

Hibercelona
24-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Aw come on ..every man & his dug have at some point said on here they have an "exclusive" but its been bollox ..Ive heard it all before ..if you are gonna do some "revealing" then reveal ...name yer sources ..otherwise its complete fabrication ..

Thats why we had a Greggs forum .."So & so heard whilst in Greggs" ...then it was the Fish man ..etc etc ..

If you wanna state facts on a public forum ..at least be prepared tae back it up !!!

I don't know if what the OP is saying is true or not.

I do however have the "sense" to know that the mess this club is in is entirely the boards fault.

--------
24-03-2012, 06:33 PM
See all the problems you mention ..I wouldnt doubt for a minute all is not cosy ..however ..all this pish that " I have an insider" is either total bollox or someone within the club has a deep hatred for the board ..so ..lets get this "mole" into the open ..lets name him .. you know him ..name him ...if not then I would regard what you said as total bollox and another attempt to bring this club to its knees !!!!

Waken up, friend - last time I looked the club was already on its knees and sinking fast.

Nobody needs to bring Hibs down - Farmer, Petrie and the Board are doing a grand job of just that as it is.

BTW - you missed out a word there - it's "this PROUD club" bwhe you're shooting the messenger, thought what on earth we have to be proud about I haven't the faintest idea.

MSK
24-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I don't know if what the OP is saying is true or not.

I do however have the "sense" to know that the mess this club is in is entirely the boards fault.I said ..

I wouldnt doubt for a minute all is not cosy & I dont doubt it is ..however my beef is ..someone spouting the usual on a public forum with no hard evidence ..

He/she quotes but I also love this club

If so & if he/she is correct then name his/her source so we the fans can get some truths into how this club is being run ..

The Voice Of Reason
24-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Aw come on ..every man & his dug have at some point said on here they have an "exclusive" but its been bollox ..Ive heard it all before ..if you are gonna do some "revealing" then reveal ...name yer sources ..otherwise its complete fabrication ..

Ok, you are entitled to your opinion. Seems a bit black and white for my liking though !

We will agree to disagree.

MSK
24-03-2012, 06:40 PM

Waken up, friend - last time I looked the club was already on its knees and sinking fast.

Nobody needs to bring Hibs down - Farmer, Petrie and the Board are doing a grand job of just that as it is.

BTW - you missed out a word there - it's "this PROUD club" bwhe you're shooting the messenger, thought what on earth we have to be proud about I haven't the faintest idea.Doddie, you have been around these shores long enough to know exactly what I mean ..

Hibercelona
24-03-2012, 06:40 PM
I said ..

I wouldnt doubt for a minute all is not cosy & I dont doubt it is ..however my beef is ..someone spouting the usual on a public forum with no hard evidence ..

He/she quotes but I also love this club

If so & if he/she is correct then name his/her source so we the fans can get some truths into how this club is being run ..

I wasn't having a go at you, or questioning what you were saying.

Like I said myself, I don't know how reliable the OPs information is, personally I couldn't care less. Nothing would surprise me now.

IberianHibernian
24-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Not quite sure what this thread is about except for OP to show he`s got pals who work for Hibs and to use this board to express their grievances . What I do know is that threads like this are completely counterproductive ( if idea is genuinely to improve situation at club ) at a time when we`re in a relegation dogfight and have been getting negative press without our own fans stirring it up more . I`m not happy about a lot of things especially results but think any changes should take place in summer and now is time for everyone to support club . If any of the players are unhappy with being at Hibs I suggest they earn their wages till summer then get out before they do more damage to reputation of club . As for any players hating management good , have any good managers been popular with players ?

Beefster
24-03-2012, 06:45 PM

Very few people on here, even those that people generally accept as being 'legit', name their sources.

Thecat23
24-03-2012, 06:50 PM

It's funny that folk want you to name guys who give info. Why should we? I get a lot of info most I don't post on here because guys like you will just shoot it down because no name is attached.

I have been told by a player this week about a few things that's not right about the club. There are players in the squad not giving a toss and the attitude some show have had the manager raging. Not just Leigh before you think him.

As for the guys who keep telling us to back the board and all will be fine. Pull your heads out, now is the time that a proper director of football is installed and proper scouts. On face value it's easy to say we have our own ground, training facilities etc.. But that means nothing if the current business structure is failing so badly. Run this club proper or leave.

Look at how many fans are giving up.. Fed up, sick of the arrogance the board seem to have. Drop prices we are not a club worth watching at the ridiculous money your asking.

--------
24-03-2012, 06:54 PM
It's funny that folk want you to name guys who give info. Why should we? I get a lot of info most I don't post on here because guys like you will just shoot it down because no name is attached.

I have been told by a player this week about a few things that's not right about the club. There are players in the squad not giving a toss and the attitude some show have had the manager raging. Not just Leigh before you think him.

As for the guys who keep telling us to back the board and all will be fine. Pull your heads out, now is the time that a proper director of football is installed and proper scouts. On face value it's easy to say we have our own ground, training facilities etc.. But that means nothing if the current business structure is failing so badly. Run this club proper or leave.

Look at how many fans are giving up.. Fed up, sick of the arrogance the board seem to have. Drop prices we are not a club worth watching at the ridiculous money your asking.

:top marks Good post - totally agree with everything you say.

MSK
24-03-2012, 06:55 PM
I wasn't having a go at you, or questioning what you were saying.

Like I said myself, I don't know how reliable the OPs information is, personally I couldn't care less. Nothing would surprise me now.I know you werent kid ..& likewise.

Not quite sure what this thread is about except for OP to show he`s got pals who work for Hibs and to use this board to express their grievances . What I do know is that threads like this are completely counterproductive ( if idea is genuinely to improve situation at club ) at a time when we`re in a relegation dogfight and have been getting negative press without our own fans stirring it up more . I`m not happy about a lot of things especially results but think any changes should take place in summer and now is time for everyone to support club . If any of the players are unhappy with being at Hibs I suggest they earn their wages till summer then get out before they do more damage to reputation of club . As for any players hating management good , have any good managers been popular with players ?Agree ....

Very few people on here, even those that people generally accept as being 'legit', name their sources.Fabrication ..or bollox as I would put it ...whats the chances the press read the op ...put their usual spin on it & we have a story ..

Lets see how long it takes for the op's post to reach the press ..

Anyone remember Jackanory ..?

The Voice Of Reason
24-03-2012, 06:57 PM
I know you werent kid ..& likewise.

Agree ....

Fabrication ..or bollox as I would put it ...whats the chances the press read the op ...put their usual spin on it & we have a story ..

So unless someone names their source you dismiss it as bollox !!!!!! :aok:

Beefster
I know you werent kid ..& likewise.

Agree ....

Fabrication ..or bollox as I would put it ...whats the chances the press read the op ...put their usual spin on it & we have a story ..

Folk shouldn't post anything negative that they hear about Hibs because it might be picked up by the press?

Just for balance, I hear that the players love Fenlon, everyone gets on great and Rodders likes to get them all round to his pad on a Sunday night for a game of charades and a hot chocolate.

Planet Hibs
So has your source indicated what needs changed first to finally sort this constant mess?

MSK
24-03-2012, 06:59 PM

Look at how many fans are giving up.. Fed up, sick of the arrogance the board seem to have. Drop prices we are not a club worth watching at the ridiculous money your asking.Find me a thread where I have shot anyone down for not providing names ..go on ...

MSK
24-03-2012, 07:01 PM
So unless someone names their source you dismiss it as bollox !!!!!! :aok:Correct ..should I think differently ..?

Folk shouldn't post anything negative that they hear about Hibs because it might be picked up by the press?

Just for balance, I hear that the players love Fenlon, everyone gets on great and Rodders likes to get them all round to his pad on a Sunday night for a game of charades and a hot chocolate.Ah ..but that was a positive Beefster ..come on man ..negative **** only ..

BarneyK
24-03-2012, 07:01 PM
To the original poster - gaun try and focus your blame spotlight here. I cannae make out if it's the boards fault, Fenlon's fault, the HR department's fault, the tea lady's fault, the Hibs Interactive guy's fault, Tam's fault, or Billy Brown's fault? The only thing I can gather from your tirade is that it's not the players fault. For the life of me I cannae fathom how they haven't sussed when their day off is...it's obviously a Saturday.

Thecat23
24-03-2012, 07:02 PM

Here you go!!!

HibeeSince85
24-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Here you go!!!

:greengrin

sauzee6_2
24-03-2012, 07:04 PM

Pull your head out the sand mate! Why do you need names?? What would that achieve?? If I gave you a name would that mean you believe me??

I don't care if you believe me or not, but I do care about this great club!

A club that is in deep trouble as mentioned on my first post.

As for the points I have made, not all have been posted before, furthermore that should just add to the fear that our club is on a road to ruin!

If you think it's bollox, fine, but as your name suggests I don't think you will be a happy hibbie for very much longer!

MSK
24-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Here you go!!!Expected better from you ..never mind ..

Alfred E Newman
24-03-2012, 07:05 PM
I can`t see how the Board can be held responsible for todays shocking performance. They didn`t pick the team or set it up to play the way we did. They must be as disappointed as us that Fenlon is struggling to stop the rot..

IberianHibernian
24-03-2012, 07:06 PM
To the original poster - gaun try and focus your blame spotlight here. I cannae make out if it's the boards fault, Fenlon's fault, the HR department's fault, the tea lady's fault, the Hibs Interactive guy's fault, Tam's fault, or Billy Brown's fault? The only thing I can gather from your tirade is that it's not the players fault. For the life of me I cannae fathom how they haven't sussed when their day off is...it's obviously a Saturday.Excellent post . Not surprised players use their pals to do their complaining , can`t imagine many folk would have much sympathy with players after their performance on and off field in last couple of years .

Thecat23
24-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Expected better from you ..never mind ..

I gave you the quote mate you made. Or I think I did I'm using my phone. Did you or did you not say you think it's bollox if someone doesn't name their source?

The Voice Of Reason
24-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Correct ..should I think differently ..?

Ah ..but that was a positive Beefster ..come on man ..negative **** only ..

I think so, yes. :agree:

Hibercelona
I can`t see how the Board can be held responsible for todays shocking performance. They didn`t pick the team or set it up to play the way we did. They must be as disappointed as us that Fenlon is struggling to stop the rot..

So its not the boards fault for bringing in staff that are incapable of bringing in quality players that they can keep match fit for each weekend?

Sorry, but every problem leads back to a decision that the board have made.

For the last several years, they have failed to make the right decisions which have ultimately led to this mess.

MSK
Pull your head out the sand mate! Why do you need names?? What would that achieve?? If I gave you a name would that mean you believe me??

I don't care if you believe me or not, but I do care about this great club!

A club that is in deep trouble as mentioned on my first post.

As for the points I have made, not all have been posted before, furthermore that should just add to the fear that our club is on a road to ruin!

If you think it's bollox, fine, but as your name suggests I don't think you will be a happy hibbie for very much longer!Listen mate, Ive supported the club long enough & Ive experienced the highs & the lows ..this season is up there wi the worst believe me & it ****ing hurts ...it ****ing hurts ..

However there are a few folk on here determined to undermine the club at every opportunity..what better way than a public message board eh !!!

Like I say ..I dont doubt there is a degree of unhappiness ..or whatever you wanna call it at the club ...but hard facts may get things moving ..not third party pish that we have spouted week in week out on here ..

If there is a player ..or background staff member prepared to squeak to "outsiders" about how things are being run then he/she should at least have the balls to come out ...

The Voice Of Reason
24-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Excellent post . Not surprised players use their pals to do their complaining , can`t imagine many folk would have much sympathy with players after their performance on and off field in last couple of years .

I certainly do not have any sympathy for the players, the bunch of goons/losers that they are. :grr:

However to suggest that if a poster does not name their source they must be talking "bollox", is bizarre and blinkered!

Most people do not name their sources (I have already given my example.......I would not name the ex player who told me about the dressing room unrest at Easter Rd when Collins was there, even although we had just won a cup!)

Hibs Till I Die (unfortunately!!!!!) :devil:

sauzee6_2
24-03-2012, 07:22 PM
To the original poster - gaun try and focus your blame spotlight here. I cannae make out if it's the boards fault, Fenlon's fault, the HR department's fault, the tea lady's fault, the Hibs Interactive guy's fault, Tam's fault, or Billy Brown's fault? The only thing I can gather from your tirade is that it's not the players fault. For the life of me I cannae fathom how they haven't sussed when their day off is...it's obviously a Saturday.

Of course the players need to take SOME of the blame. But why is it we are a collective team when we win, yet when we lose we focus on the manager and players?

The blame spot light is on the club, that stops with the board, as with any other business, the workforce should not take all the blame!

And for what it's worth, tam (and his wife) are bullies, some like them, some tolerate them, some really don't like them!

MSK
24-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Of course the players need to take SOME of the blame. But why is it we are a collective team when we win, yet when we lose we focus on the manager and players?

The blame spot light is on the club, that stops with the board, as with any other business, the workforce should not take all the blame!

And for what it's worth, tam (and his wife) are bullies, some like them, some tolerate them, some really don't like them!Were getting there ...so it starts from the laundry room ..?

Daily Mail is gonna have a field day wi this ...

Hibercelona
24-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Theres always the arguement that people who post negative stuff about hibs on here are maroon flumps at the wind up.

But on the flip side, you could argue that the people who post on here who are in pro-defence of the board and attempt to promote higher ST sales have more connections with the club than they let on.

How easy would it be for people with higher connections with the club to come onto message boards like these in an attempt to increase ST sales with the whole "Trust in the board" propaganda?

I believe theres probably quite a lot of people on here who aren't who they let on. They either have no connections with Hibernian FC and are just at the wind up, or they have more connections with the club than the standard Hibs supporter.

Cropley10
24-03-2012, 07:36 PM

Yes, I have inside knowledge, but I also love this club - enough is enough! Fix the problems, and fix them now!

I feel your pain. Thanks for the insight. Some of this info is frankly embarrassing.

son of haggart
24-03-2012, 07:37 PM
You're safe with me - I'm definitely a Hearts fan with no connection to any insiders whatsoever
:wink:

I think a lot of your problems are down to the lack of core players on long term contracts (=no stability). Decent slightly better than average SPL standard goalkeeper, centre half centre mid and forward on long term contracts and you would survive no problem.

Trouble is with the managerial merrygoround (and I think a bit of Petrie's unwillingness to commit long term funds to a manager, which must communicate as a lack of real trust) you haven't ever settled into a successful pattern.

Not helped either by a tendency to take on players with known 'extra-curricular' issues

Mikey
24-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Theres always the arguement that people who post negative stuff about hibs on here are maroon flumps at the wind up.

But on the flip side, you could argue that the people who post on here who are in pro-defence of the board and attempt to promote higher ST sales have more connections with the club than they let on.

How easy would it be for people with higher connections with the club to come onto message boards like these in an attempt to increase ST sales with the whole "Trust in the board" propaganda?

I believe theres probably quite a lot of people on here who aren't who they let on. They either have no connections with Hibernian FC and are just at the wind up, or they have more connections with the club than the standard Hibs supporter.

Off on that one again are we. Go on then, tell me more.

MSK
24-03-2012, 07:40 PM

I believe theres probably quite a lot of people on here who aren't who they let on. They either have no connections with Hibernian FC and are just at the wind up, or they have more connections with the club than the standard Hibs supporter.We will clear one thing up for a start ..NO member of the Admin team have anything to do with the "board"...we have a working relationship with them as do other hibs forums ..we are independant ..thats how things are & thats how they will remain ..

If any other forum user has links to the hibs "board" then that is their choice ...

Pushing season tickets on a hibs forum is healthy though ..as is being pro hibs ...aye ..?

Hibercelona
24-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Off on that one again are we. Go on then, tell me more.

No more needs to be said. People will believe what they choose to believe.

And I choose to believe that "certain" posters aren't who they make themselves out to be.

Mikey
24-03-2012, 07:41 PM

And I choose to believe that "certain" posters aren't who they make themselves out to be.

So who am I then?

Hibercelona
24-03-2012, 07:44 PM
We will clear one thing up for a start ..NO member of the Admin team have anything to do with the "board"...we have a working relationship with them as do other hibs forums ..we are independant ..thats how things are & thats how they will remain ..

If any other forum user has links to the hibs "board" then that is their choice ...

Pushing season tickets on a hibs forum is healthy though ..as is being pro hibs ...aye ..?

No, pushing ST sales is not healthy when the club itself is clearly not making full use of its resources.

The clubs main aim right now should be earning back the respect of its supporters, not squeezing out as many pennies as it can.

At least, thats my view and i'll strongly stick with it.

marinello59
24-03-2012, 07:44 PM
So who am I then?

Leigh Griffiths?

DaveF
24-03-2012, 07:45 PM

As an ex Admin on this board who knows the people running this place, I can absolutely guarantee you 100% the line in bold is rubbish.

They are guilty as charged in terms of being very, very pro Hibs - they are fans like me and you - but this site is fiercely independent of the club.

That won't change your mind, but it's the truth.

sauzee6_2
24-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Were getting there ...so it starts from the laundry room ..?

Daily Mail is gonna have a field day wi this ...

Ok - you keep your head in the sand!

We are 2nd bottom in a relegation fight and you want to trivialise my posts.

Honestly I could tell you so much more, but what is the point!

MSK
24-03-2012, 07:46 PM

And I choose to believe that "certain" posters aren't who they make themselves out to be.Oh ..aw right ..I dont think you are who you say you are ...sorted ..

MSK
24-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Ok - you keep your head in the sand! naughty naughty

We are 2nd bottom in a relegation fight and you want to trivialise my posts.

Honestly I could tell you so much more, but what is the naughty naughty point!Please dont get personal ..no need ...

DaveF
Leigh Griffiths?

:giruy:

Hibercelona
As an ex Admin on this board who knows the people running this place, I can absolutely guarantee you 100% the line in bold is rubbish.

They are guilty as charged in terms of being very, very pro Hibs - they are fans like me and you - but this site is fiercely independent of the club.

That won't change your mind, but it's the truth.

I think its funny how the Admin team are suddenly in high defence, when I haven't directly accused the Admin team themselves.

Why so defencive?

Mikey
24-03-2012, 07:48 PM
So who am I then?

I think its funny how the Admin team are suddenly in high defence, when I haven't direct accused the Admin team themselves.

Why so defencive?

You've done your usual and not answered my question.

sauzee6_2
24-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Please dont get personal ..no need ...

But it is ok for you to say what I post is bollox?!?

NO NEED!

DaveF
24-03-2012, 07:51 PM
I think its funny how the Admin team are suddenly in high defence, when I haven't directly accused the Admin team themselves.

Why so defencive?

Not directly, but you were having a discussion with members of the Admin team when you made your comments. I think it's fair to assume what you were getting at.

Anyway, I don't really give a monkey's as I know who they are and what they stand for - I was merely pointing out the truth.

I'm pretty sure the Admins don't really give a **** either :greengrin

MSK
24-03-2012, 07:52 PM
But it is ok for you to say what I post is bollox?!?

NO NEED!Yip ..but I didnt get aw personal ..ok you have made your point ..what next ..?

Mikey
24-03-2012, 07:52 PM

Seen it all before :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
24-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Definitely agree theres something strange going on, and probably very nieve of me but how could board room goings on affect players attitude on the pitch? Theres no way 5 managers could be wrong. Just look at Mixu as an example, horrific with us, went to Killie and was brilliant and now managing his national side, something not right with that.

Mixu wasn't "horrific" with Hibs. He was a young manager learning his trade, he got some good results (washed his face against Hearts, some results against the OF) and some bad results (most of the cup results, 2-4 v 10-man Killie). Some fans thought he was horrific. The board were weak in the extreme and mutually consented him. That's what the board have been guilty of over the last five years - making a series of decisions that are designed to ease pressure on themselves, rather than what would necessarily be in the long term interests of the club.

Hibercelona
24-03-2012, 07:59 PM
You've done your usual and not answered my question.

You did not give me a response to my own question Mikey.

"How easy would it be?"

Hiber-nation
24-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Maybe some folk think that, as an independent fansite, Hibs.Net should be a bit more rebellious against the Board considering the state the club is in....??

sauzee6_2
24-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Mixu wasn't "horrific" with Hibs. He was a young manager learning his trade, he got some good results (washed his face against Hearts, some results against the OF) and some bad results (most of the cup results, 2-4 v 10-man Killie). Some fans thought he was horrific. The board were weak in the extreme and mutually consented him. That's what the board have been guilty of over the last five years - making a series of decisions that are designed to ease pressure on themselves, rather than what would necessarily be in the long term interests of the club.

Sorry but the Mixu butted heads so many times with the board! An example would be eremenko that went to killie with him. He tried to sign him for Hibs, but the board refused. He went on to be a revelation at Killie. Just one example.

DaveF
24-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Maybe some folk think that, as an independent fansite, Hibs.Net should be a bit more rebellious against the Board considering the state the club is in....??

In what way? Nobody seems to like it when Frank Dougan or that other guy (who's name escapes for now) speak on behalf of the HSA so would the site not be accused of similar if it took a particular line?

I didn't in any way agree with the thread posted last week about ST's and started my own thread on the PM board about it which you probably saw, but that does not mean to say I want the Admin team to set out an anti board agenda on my behalf.

I'm big enough to do my own moaning - and there are plenty others on here who are just as capable :greengrin

Mikey
24-03-2012, 08:05 PM
You did not give me a response to my own question Mikey.

"How easy would it be?"

How easy would what be? Show me the question and I'll answer it.

Then it'll be your turn.

Hibs.net isn't an entity, it's a group of individuals. There are members of the admin team who question the board. There's one on this thread.

There are also members of the admin team who won't be renewing next season. How does that fit in with wee_hibee's cosy wee conspiracy?

MSK
24-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Maybe some folk think that, as an independent fansite, Hibs.Net should be a bit more rebellious against the Board considering the state the club is in....??What would you suggest ..?

Hibbylad86
24-03-2012, 08:17 PM

Come on Wee Hibee are you serious?? Hibs fans have to be the most paranoid on the planet.

Hiber-nation
24-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Hibs.net isn't an entity, it's a group of individuals. There are members of the admin team who question the board. There's one on this thread.

There are also members of the admin team who won't be renewing next season. How does that fit in with wee_hibee's cosy wee conspiracy?

I'm not interested in conspiracies. I'm just wondering what can be done to stop the rot but I'm fully aware that there are so many differences of opinion re who's to blame (players/Board/fans/managers) that its obviously difficult to put one opinion forward on behalf of a fansite.

Mikey
24-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm not interested in conspiracies. I'm just wondering what can be done to stop the rot but I'm fully aware that there are so many differences of opinion re who's to blame (players/Board/fans/managers) that its obviously difficult to put one opinion forward on behalf of a fansite.

Yep. That's why we'll never do it :greengrin

Hiber-nation
24-03-2012, 08:23 PM
What would you suggest ..?

I'm not suggesting anything because I don't know the answer. I just think that the fans will vote with their feet if the rot continues and that could be disastrous. It would be good if Hibs.Net could solve all the problems but I know its not as simple as that!

R'Albin
24-03-2012, 08:26 PM
OP, I'm not saying your info is right or wrong.

But as Son of Haggart suggested, maybe people are looking too much into this. I'm not sure there are all these things going on at EM. Could it not just be that the players we had/have are not good enough?

Barney McGrew
24-03-2012, 08:27 PM

hibs.net is simply a place where people come to read and post about hibs, so it's not up to the admins to be deciding to have some kind of 'party line' for the site to have.

As soon as there's a 'party line' then it ceases to become independent. And no matter how many people think there's some sort of mad conspiracy theory and we're getting worked over by the board, I can assure you that they're a million miles from the truth.

BarneyK
24-03-2012, 08:29 PM

And for what it's worth, tam (and his wife) are bullies, some like them, some tolerate them, some really don't like them!

That's fair enough. I'm not oblivious to the fact that under different managers and different players we have struggled, with the only common denominator the board. Mind you, you contrast our guys' regular capitulations with the mob across the city, who let's remember are often neglected to even get paid, never mind know when their day off is, it's black and white. They buckle down, they put a shift in. We just buckle. The supporters do not bemoan a lack of technique or a lack of talent. We bemoan an apparant lack of effort.

The Voice Of Reason
24-03-2012, 08:30 PM
I think one of the admins on here shot JFK. :agree:

Barney McGrew
24-03-2012, 08:30 PM
I think one of the admins on here shot JFK. :agree:

It's probably about the only thing we've not been blamed for yet :wink:

BarneyK
24-03-2012, 08:31 PM
OP, I'm not saying your info is right or wrong.

But as Son of Haggart suggested, maybe people are looking too much into this. I'm not sure there are all these things going on at EM. Could it not just be that the players we had/have are not good enough?

They're any worse than Caley's players? Than St Mirren's players? Than Killie's players?
Of course as a team they are, the table doesn't lie, but individually, I certainly don't think so.

The Voice Of Reason
24-03-2012, 08:35 PM

Bit of a thankless task lets be honest !

Credit to the admins for taking their own time (unpaid as I understand it?) to try and monitor these boards as best they can :agree:

Beefster
24-03-2012, 08:36 PM

The football that Mixu subjected us to in his only full season was absolutely horrific. Especially in the context of the three or four seasons that had come before that.

A myth has built up that he was only sacked because of the fans. I'm almost certain that that isn't true.

MSK
24-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm not suggesting anything because I don't know the answer. I just think that the fans will vote with their feet if the rot continues and that could be disastrous. It would be good if Hibs.Net could solve all the problems but I know its not as simple as that!You are hibs.net though ..

Hiber-nation
24-03-2012, 08:39 PM
hibs.net is simply a place where people come to read and post about hibs, so it's not up to the admins to be deciding to have some kind of 'party line' for the site to have.

As soon as there's a 'party line' then it ceases to become independent. And no matter how many people think there's some sort of mad conspiracy theory and we're getting worked over by the board, I can assure you that they're a million miles from the truth.

I don't even know who are admins on here apart from Mike, I never notice it. Just think it might be good to have a common theme against the Board as I really think they are failing big time. But yes, .Net is better the way it is rather than some dictatorship (now that I've remembered how it was in the past :wink:)

BroxburnHibee
24-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Not directly, but you were having a discussion with members of the Admin team when you made your comments. I think it's fair to assume what you were getting at.

Anyway, I don't really give a monkey's as I know who they are and what they stand for - I was merely pointing out the truth.

I've had about 10 beers today and I can promise you I definitely don't give a **** :greengrin

Anyway I'm off out now wi my pal Fyfe. :tee hee:

Hiber-nation
24-03-2012, 08:40 PM
You are hibs.net though ..

Aye good. Well I'll keep on moaning then :greengrin

Pretty Boy
24-03-2012, 08:41 PM

That's cause you're all pricks. Allegedly.

Part/Time Supporter
24-03-2012, 08:42 PM
The football that Mixu subjected us to in his only full season was absolutely horrific. Especially in the context of the three or four seasons that had come before that.

A myth has built up that he was only sacked because of the fans. I'm almost certain that that isn't true.

Many people on here were moaning their tits off after a win at the PBS (with a shadow team) and draws against both of the OF because the football was "making our eyes bleed", "not Hibs class" or similar guff. Then everybody raved about the wonderful football Yogi's Falkirk played (in defeat) in the cup final. I think Mixu was emptied because the ST sales were slow and the board thought Yogi would bring some folk back for another year. It was a weak and fundamentally wrong decision.

Pretty Boy
24-03-2012, 08:42 PM

Bit of a thankless task lets be honest !

Credit to the admins for taking their own time (unpaid as I understand it?) to try and monitor these boards as best they can :agree:

The admins do a cracking job on this site and deserve any credit they get.

Folk accusing them of having any underlying agenda are well wide of the mark.

Barney McGrew
24-03-2012, 08:43 PM
I don't even know who are admins on here apart from Mike, I never notice it. Just think it might be good to have a common theme against the Board as I really think they are failing big time. But yes, .Net is better the way it is rather than some dictatorship (now that I've remembered how it was in the past :wink:)

It's not up to us to have a common theme though, that's dictated by you and other users through what you post. Some people think the board are failing, but equally there are others who think they're not so it's not for any of the admins to decide one way or the other - that's what .net is about, everyone's opinion is equally valid.

Unless they're a yam. They're wrong every time :cb

Hiber-nation
24-03-2012, 08:43 PM

Is he one like? An admin I mean :wink:

BroxburnHibee
24-03-2012, 08:44 PM

I resemble that!!!!!

hibsbollah
24-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Fighting amongst ourselves :aok:

CropleyWasGod
24-03-2012, 08:45 PM
The admins do a cracking job on this site and deserve any credit they get.

Folk accusing them of having any underlying agenda are well wide of the mark.

:agree:

Their agenda is to support Hibs, and to administer this website. If that's worthy of an accusation, then I'll join in the accusing.

Pricks. :greengrin

MSK
24-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Aye good. Well I'll keep on moaning then :greengrinWhats new ..?... :)

R'Albin
24-03-2012, 08:46 PM
They're any worse than Caley's players? Than St Mirren's players? Than Killie's players?
Of course as a team they are, the table doesn't lie, but individually, I certainly don't think so.

Maybe they aren't now. But they were for a lot of the season up until the start of February, when we signed basically a new team.

Individually now, maybe they aren't. But we've played better since getting the new players excluding the last two weeks.

I still think we are over-analysing the whole thing, the reason we are in the position we are this season is because our team were absolute gash for 3/4s of this season.

MSK
24-03-2012, 08:47 PM
:agree:

Their agenda is to support Hibs, and to administer this website. If that's worthy of an accusation, then I'll join in the accusing.

Pricks. :greengrinEh ..is your sat nav broken ..?..away back & hud that huns thread !!!!!! :)

BEEJ
24-03-2012, 08:48 PM

Just for balance, I hear that the players love Fenlon, everyone gets on great and Rodders likes to get them all round to his pad on a Sunday night for a game of charades and a hot chocolate.
Two points:

a) You actually need to start a thread with this rumour, with the feel-good factor emblazoned in the thread title so as to catch the attention of your average, lazy EEN sports journalist.

b) Sadly, you need to make it about bad news. Good news stories don't sell copy.

Pretty Boy
24-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Is he one like? An admin I mean :wink:

Couldn't say.

Top secret.

Hiber-nation
24-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Two points:

a) You actually need to start a thread with this rumour, with the feel-good factor emblazoned in the thread title so as to catch the attention of your average, lazy EEN sports journalist.

b) Sadly, you need to make it about bad news. Good news stories don't sell copy.

"Hibs bad boy Leigh Griffiths made an insulting gesture to Chairman Rod Petrie at a players protest meeting at Petrie's Edinburgh mansion. In an out of hand hot chocolate-fuelled game of charades, Griffiths' "Carry On Up the Khyber" charade was taken by Petrie as an insulting gesture against the crisis club's board."

CropleyWasGod
24-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Eh ..is your sat nav broken ..?..away back & hud that huns thread !!!!!! :)

Ah, you're right.... my nose just started bleeding. :greengrin

BEEJ
24-03-2012, 09:02 PM
"Hibs bad boy Leigh Griffiths made an insulting gesture to Chairman Rod Petrie at a players protest meeting at Petrie's Edinburgh mansion. In an out of hand hot chocolate-fuelled game of charades, Griffiths' "Carry On Up the Khyber" charade was taken by Petrie as an insulting gesture against the crisis club's board."

That ought to do it. Sunday Post exclusive tomorrow.

brianmc
24-03-2012, 09:10 PM
You're safe with me - I'm definitely a Hearts fan with no connection to any insiders whatsoever

I think a lot of your problems are down to the lack of core players on long term contracts (=no stability). Decent slightly better than average SPL standard goalkeeper, centre half centre mid and forward on long term contracts and you would survive no problem.

Trouble is with the managerial merrygoround (and I think a bit of Petrie's unwillingness to commit long term funds to a manager, which must communicate as a lack of real trust) you haven't ever settled into a successful pattern.

Not helped either by a tendency to take on players with known 'extra-curricular' issues

AnyHoo, to get things back on track-I have to say that I think our resident **** may have some valid points.

brianmc
24-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Wow, didn't realise Gee. You. En.Tee sparked the swear filter into life!

The Tubs
24-03-2012, 09:13 PM
So who am I then?

Keyser Söze.

Baker9
25-03-2012, 09:21 AM

The board are responsible for everything that has happened. Their record is amongst the worst if not the worst in the history of the club. They make the decisions, they make the appointments, they bluster and panic.

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2012, 10:44 AM
The bottom line here is that like any business the people who run it can only be judged on the results the shareholders and public can see.

If Hibs made Chocolate bars instead of being a football club it wouldnt matter a toss if the board had built the most beautiful factory in the UK and the place where the guys came up with ideas for the latest product was the envy of the other Chocolate bar makers.

The bottom line is that if the last 5 or 6 type of Chocolate bars the firm had produced made the consumers screw up their faces and puke and sales dropped to nothing and folk decided to give up Chocolate alltogether and change to Toffee then the board would be sacked and different folk brought in.

The truth here is that this board have presided over a steady decline in the clubs fortunes since 2007 and even an amatuer like me can see that whatever it is they are doing just isnt working. I dont doubt for a second that everybody on the Hibs board has the best interests of the club at heart, but the honest truth is that they have failed in the following aims, which are fundamental to the wellbeing of the business. I will list them in importance to me at this time, though these are subject to change depending on my feelings at the time.

1) ..... A constant never ending ability to not beat ( or even draw ) with hearts no matter where or when we play them.

2) ..... Apart from this season failure to reach the last 4 of cup competitions.

3) ..... The teams ability to play any form of attractive football getting less and less over that time.

4) ..... Inability to beat the OF at Easter Road, in fact I would have to look it up to remember the last time we beat them at ER.

5) ..... An inability to qualify for Europe by league position.

You will notice I'm not complaining about not winning stuff. Thats often in the lap of the Gods, but the other things are what I expect from a club of our size.

Sorry lads ( the board ) Its a list of failure which isnt acceptabe to me. What about you ?