PDA

View Full Version : That Team Doesn't Care

smurf
24-03-2012, 05:27 PM
No fight whatsoever. No Passion. No heart. No desire.

Another new management team and set of players and same old. Same old...

sleeping giant
24-03-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm finding it hard to drag myself and the boy along to watch this spineless team.

How long can we drift along like this ?

just_joe
24-03-2012, 05:33 PM
:top markstotally agree with you. another waste of money today. They have the cheek to go and get there wages.

Beefster
24-03-2012, 05:34 PM

With most of them either loans or out of contract in the summer, it's not really surprising if they don't care. Folk are going to have to start asking more questions of those in charge of the club and why they keep making the same mistakes.

Pretty Boy
24-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Yet more players who look good when they first arrive and within 5 weeks have been indoctrinated into the 'Hibs way'.

cad
24-03-2012, 06:20 PM
With most of them either loans or out of contract in the summer, it's not really surprising if they don't care. Folk are going to have to start asking more questions of those in charge of the club and why they keep making the same mistakes.

I think a few thousand have asked themselves a few questions Beefster and no interested is the conclusion that many have come to.

Jonnyboy
24-03-2012, 08:53 PM

My brother commented that we have too many loan signings who have no heart for the fight. Hard to disagree

marinello59
24-03-2012, 08:57 PM
My brother commented that we have too many loan signings who have no heart for the fight. Hard to disagree

Loan signings or not professional pride should ensure that they give much more than they are. This bunch looked totally devoid of spirit today.

Dalkeith
24-03-2012, 09:01 PM

mixu said same a few weeks ago

Jonnyboy
24-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Loan signings or not professional pride should ensure that they give much more than they are. This bunch looked totally devoid of spirit today.

I agree J. Am very despondent tonight and fear the worst

IberianHibernian
24-03-2012, 09:06 PM
May be true that loan players are less committed ( though most of them are at ER because they`ve not done well at their clubs so should want to prove themselves to their clubs and other clubs - I presume Sean Welsh sees Partick as a chance to impress Fenlon and managers of other clubs for example ) but in January we had little choice unless we carried on with same players or signed players from lower divisions as we did last year with Martin Scott .

Sergey
24-03-2012, 09:07 PM

We've loaded the squad with a bunch of waifs and strays, and they're categorised as that for a reason....they're not good enough for their current employers.

Some of the dross that have worn the shirt during this season really beggars belief. I mean, Sodge and Agogo tick the 'Complete Journeymen' box and I wouldn't be surprised it this current lot end up plying their trade at the likes of Barnet next season.

Pretty sad state of affairs that we're having to rely on a hapless bunch of loanees to pull us this mess.

Wilson
24-03-2012, 09:14 PM
mixu said same a few weeks ago

Aye and he'd know. Roaring success he was with his signings.

PaulSmith
24-03-2012, 09:19 PM

Board gambled in transfer window expecting loans to be the way forward to get us out of relegation trouble , wrong strategy yet again?

Jonnyboy
24-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Board gambled in transfer window expecting loans to be the way forward to get us out of relegation trouble , wrong strategy yet again?

Given that it's not working .......

PaulSmith
24-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Given that it's not working .......

Pattern soon emerges doesn't it! ;)

jonty
24-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Board backed the manager who gambled in transfer window expecting loans to be the way forward to get us out of relegation trouble , wrong strategy yet again?
Fixed that for you.

It's clear we'll be winning **** all at home this season, so we'll have to pick up maximum points away from home. Starting with ICT :rolleyes:

PaulSmith
24-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Fixed that for you.

It's clear we'll be winning **** all at home this season, so we'll have to pick up maximum points away from home. Starting with ICT :rolleyes:

'fixing' it with another opinion doesn't make it a matter of fact. :)

24-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Unfortunatly I agree. Thought the first half was ok but the moment we go 1 nil down its like all the heads go down and we just accept we are beat. No resilience, no fighting spirit to try get back into the game.

We are in big trouble, Jefferies is going to have the Pars right pumped up for the fight against relegation, we don't have that fight. Unless there is major changes soon, I fear the worst!

andudare2
24-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Aye and he'd know. Roaring success he was with his signings.last i looked he was the last hibs manager to beat the vermin& dont think we were in the same **** under him that we find ourselves in now.o top six finishes as well,could do with that now methinks!

jonty
24-03-2012, 09:52 PM
'fixing' it with another opinion doesn't make it a matter of fact. :)
Aha - conspiracy theories? Disgruntled employees?
STF been playing football manager again?

Maybe he hasn't upgraded to 2012 version :greengrin

ehf
24-03-2012, 09:56 PM

In retrospect, the failure to persuade Jim Goodwin to sign is increasingly looking like the (down)turning point.

PaulSmith
24-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Aha - conspiracy theories? Disgruntled employees?
STF been playing football manager again?

Maybe he hasn't upgraded to 2012 version :greengrin

I dunno but they answered that both Fenlon and Woodison report directly into Scott Lindsay and then the Board. I do however take on board that Lindsay has said repeatedly that he does not get involved in identifying players.
However if the strategy was not to commit to signing players beyond an initial 6 months to protect the club against relegation and paying spl wages in the first then it kinda changes the dynamics.
Only as ever an opinion though but I personally don't think it's a million miles away.

MSK
24-03-2012, 10:02 PM
In retrospect, the failure to persuade Jim Goodwin to sign is increasingly looking like the (down)turning point.Really ..?...the guy is pretty average to say the least ..please tell me how he would have improved our midfield ...

IberianHibernian
24-03-2012, 10:04 PM
In retrospect, the failure to persuade Jim Goodwin to sign is increasingly looking like the (down)turning point.He would have been a great signing and fact we couldn`t persuade him shows how much we`ve fallen and / or our financial weakness ( no disrespect to St M in some ways it`s great he wanted to stay ) and an example of what a difficult task Fenlon has . Is the sort of player we should be looking to sign to be captain for next season if we don`t suddenly have new funds .

ehf
24-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Really ..?...the guy is pretty average to say the least ..please tell me how he would have improved our midfield ...

Leadership, guts and dedication to the cause.

PaulSmith
24-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Really ..?...the guy is pretty average to say the least ..please tell me how he would have improved our midfield ...

I'd say even at 'average' it makes him better than any of our current incumbents

Beefster
24-03-2012, 10:07 PM

Having an average player in our midfield would have improved it considerably.

MSK
24-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Leadership, guts and dedication to the cause.

I'd say even at 'average' it makes him better than any of our current incumbentsI was being polite at being average ..***** is what I should have said ...

jonty
24-03-2012, 10:08 PM
I dunno but they answered that both Fenlon and Woodison report directly into Scott Lindsay and then the Board. I do however take on board that Lindsay has said repeatedly that he does not get involved in identifying players.
However if the strategy was not to commit to signing players beyond an initial 6 months to protect the club against relegation and paying spl wages in the first then it kinda changes the dynamics.
Only as ever an opinion though but I personally don't think it's a million miles away.
Surely a clause in the contract stating that if we went down, contract would be renegotiated or torn up as the team hadn't fulfilled their obligation to keep the club up.

Personally I seen it as a way for Fenlon to build his own team from the summer, without committing himself to players he may not have seen as much of as he'd liked, or just general january dross (hence loans rather than outright signings )

Imo we'll see a new squad in the summer, not just a new team. (1st division or not)

Back on topic, it's BB, LO and PFs job to get the team fired up for these matches. **** knows where he confidence is going.

MSK
24-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Having an average player in our midfield would have improved it considerably.If Goodwin is the type of player you want to build the team around then god help us ....!!!!!!

Beefster
24-03-2012, 10:12 PM
If Goodwin is the type of player you want to build the team around then god help us ....!!!!!!

I didn't say that.

PaulSmith
24-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Surely a clause in the contract stating that if we went down, contract would be renegotiated or torn up as the team hadn't fulfilled their obligation to keep the club up.

Personally I seen it as a way for Fenlon to build his own team from the summer, without committing himself to players he may not have seen as much of as he'd liked, or just general january dross (hence loans rather than outright signings )

Imo we'll see a new squad in the summer, not just a new team. (1st division or not)

Back on topic, it's BB, LO and PFs job to get the team fired up for these matches. **** knows where he confidence is going.

Perhaps that what we offered to the likes of Goodwin and why he decided to stay with st mirren.

Your last part is right though Jonty a f for whatever reason it's not happening, it's depressing and worrying that here we are again with another batch of players yet the more things change the more they stay the same :(

MSK
24-03-2012, 10:17 PM
I didn't say that.I know ..he is **** ..even if he was playing today he wouldnt have made a diff ..