PDA

View Full Version : Relegated

B'Briggs Hibee
24-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Imo we are 100% going down. I simply cannot see where our next result will come from . We are so lucky dunfy have been very slightly worse or it would have been game over weeks ago.

Maybe it's what we need as we do not deserve to be in this league. As always i hope i am wrong.

Littlest Hobo
24-03-2012, 05:06 PM
We do deserve to be in this league, it's upto the players to get their fingers out and start scrapping. The honeymoon period is over for all of them. The Scottish Cup is a little bit of a distraction but let's make no bones about it, it would be a complete and utter disaster for the club if we were to go down.

I really wouldn't fancy our chances of bouncing straight back up again.

SloopJB
24-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Imo we are 100% going down. I simply cannot see where our next result will come from . We are so lucky dunfy have been very slightly worse or it would have been game over weeks ago.

Maybe it's what we need as we do not deserve to be in this league. As always i hope i am wrong.

IMO you are 100% wrong.
If we are better than Dunfermline then don't be afraid to say so, Whoever ends up at the bottom of the league will be relegated.
We have the opportunity to avoid that.

Mikeystewart
24-03-2012, 05:10 PM
We do deserve to be in this league, it's upto the players to get their fingers out and start scrapping. The honeymoon period is over for all of them. The Scottish Cup is a little bit of a distraction but let's make no bones about it, it would be a complete and utter disaster for the club if we were to go down.

Evidence? the only evidence I see is the 3 points between us and Dunfermline.

hibee_girl
24-03-2012, 05:10 PM

That's my biggest worry tbh

SloopJB
24-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Evidence? the only evidence I see is the 3 points between us and Dunfermline.
If that's how it finishes then there's your evedence.

Onceinawhile
24-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Thankfully dunfermline are even worse than us. If we beat them its a 6 point gap and we have better gd. The pars will struggle to pick up 6 points between now and the end of the season. We should just about be safe.

B'Briggs Hibee
24-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Dunf now have a manager who hates us with every bone is in body and he will have them fired up . He will see nothing sweeter than having a hand in dropping us a league. I honestly think they will get more points than us from now to the end of the season

The Green Goblin
24-03-2012, 05:17 PM
It's too close to call. Might go to the very last day at this rate. Say what you like about him, but Jeffries is a very experienced manager and just getting him in will have given them a lift.

Personally, I don't feel confident.

Still, at least if we get relegated we'll have East Mains...yeah

hibsquaker
24-03-2012, 05:18 PM
I must admit, watching that today all I could think was that this team is going down. The second half was utterly spineless - classic calderwood era. There are too many players in this team who think they are better than they are. Soul destroying today. Absolutely no urgency or commitment to get back into the game. Pathetic.

Badabing
24-03-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm becoming more and more convinced we're going down. I'm about to renew my season ticket, can't help but feel the board were taking the p*** with their generous free tickets to the old firm games offer.

Onion
24-03-2012, 05:58 PM
I must admit, watching that today all I could think was that this team is going down. The second half was utterly spineless - classic calderwood era. There are too many players in this team who think they are better than they are. Soul destroying today. Absolutely no urgency or commitment to get back into the game. Pathetic.

The bit that summed up this Hibs team for me (and Hibs for the last 5 years) is when their goalie kicked the ball out to allow a substitution to take place, and our CAPTAIN meekly kicks the ball back to them. We're 0=2 down fighting for our SPL lives and we're being overly sporting as per usual. No fight, no pride, pussies the lot of them. They gave up the minute the first goals went in (with 30 mins to play !).

Sas_The_Hibby
24-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Thankfully dunfermline are even worse than us. If we beat them its a 6 point gap and we have better gd. The pars will struggle to pick up 6 points between now and the end of the season. We should just about be safe.

Since we beat Dunfermline at East End Park, which was supposed to be a crunch match, they've taken one more point than us. I don't see why you think they're even worse than us. Perhaps they were earlier in the season but not now. I expect them to pick up at least six points, as I expect them to beat us for a start.

Sammy7nil
24-03-2012, 06:14 PM
We can't go down we are selling season tickets with free tickets against the OF :confused::confused::confused:

And Hibs fans call Neill Lennon arrogant !

If I was JJ I would have our ST flyers pinned to the Pars dressing room wall.

24-03-2012, 09:58 PM
This season has been a complete and utter nightmare. If we go down then we can hardly say we didn't deserve it. The team have be
en awful and even in these times when we need to desperately fight to save ourselves from the drop, our players still don't seem that bothered.

Hopefully the Scottish cup can bring us some sort of light in this otherwise dismal season, but i'm not holding my breath!

Sas_The_Hibby
24-03-2012, 10:37 PM
We can't go down we are selling season tickets with free tickets against the OF :confused::confused::confused:

And Hibs fans call Neill Lennon arrogant !

If I was JJ I would have our ST flyers pinned to the Pars dressing room wall.

My thoughts exactly - if Hearts were in our position (if only!), we'd be calling them out of touch with reality and much worse for doing this.

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Don't panic. Yes we're in deep trouble, but we don't throw in the towel until the last ball has been kicked this season. If the final table says we're relegated, then we'll accept it, but until then we must scrap for every point. Let's stay with the team and do everything we can to remain an SPL club. I don't care how we do it, but we mustn't be relegated, for, as others have said, we could then be looking at a long stretch in the SFL. Let's hang on by our finger nails and then re-build in the summer, working night and day to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Every point is crucial. Today the gap was closed by Dunfermline by one point, meaning they are again within striking distance. We must hold our nerve and hope that somehow we can gather enough points from somewhere. The game against the Pars post-split could be a winner takes all match, so let's stay focused and leave the inquest for the post-season - after we've survived. It ain't over til it's over.:aok:

thebausburst
24-03-2012, 11:35 PM
fitba folk ken where we're heading........

IberianHibernian
24-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Don't panic. Yes we're in deep trouble, but we don't throw in the towel until the last ball has been kicked this season. If the final table says we're relegated, then we'll accept it, but until then we must scrap for every point. Let's stay with the team and do everything we can to remain an SPL club. I don't care how we do it, but we mustn't be relegated, for, as others have said, we could then be looking at a long stretch in the SFL. Let's hang on by our finger nails and then re-build in the summer, working night and day to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Every point is crucial. Today the gap was closed by Dunfermline by one point, meaning they are again within striking distance. We must hold our nerve and hope that somehow we can gather enough points from somewhere. The game against the Pars post-split could be a winner takes all match, so let's stay focused and leave the inquest for the post-season - after we've survived. It ain't over til it's over.:aok:Exactly . I`ve been critical of the board for years ( never liked all the tache jokes and still don`t ) but think now is not time to criticise board , owner , players , managers etc but to get behind manager and players to ensure we stay in SPL ( cup win or at least final would be good too ) . Loan players will know they won`t be with us next season ( do any want to stay anyway ? ) and others have 2 months to prove we should keep them .

essexhibee
25-03-2012, 12:01 AM
We are in deep trouble. I would say it quite foreseeable that dunfy could have a revival under JJ. One win and they are level on points with us. And with us never looking like we are going to win it could go to the wire.

Hearts winning the SC and Fat Jeffries sending us down would be the perfect end to this horrific season....and it doesn't look impossible. Absolutely nightmarish stuff.

TornadoHibby
25-03-2012, 12:54 AM
We are in deep trouble. I would say it quite foreseeable that dunfy could have a revival under JJ. One win and they are level on points with us. And with us never looking like we are going to win it could go to the wire.

Hearts winning the SC and Fat Jeffries sending us down would be the perfect end to this horrific season....and it doesn't look impossible. Absolutely nightmarish stuff.

But looking increasingly likely to happen sadly!

givescotlandfreedom
25-03-2012, 02:26 AM
But looking increasingly likely to happen sadly!

Hearts won't win the cup, they're still brutal. The rest, however...

HFC07
25-03-2012, 09:14 AM
I can see us going into the split on even points with dunfy, I can't see us picking up points from caley or motherwell (maybe a slim chance against caley). Dunfy will not beat Dundee utd but I guarentee they get a result against the Yams..... This is worring times

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Brilliant if we stay up. We won't do it by much IMO but this is reminding me of those two play off games against Airdrie. So we didn't go down then, but it was only relegation delayed. When Ross County come up, I think they will stick up for a season at least.

Hiber-nation
25-03-2012, 09:53 AM
I can see us going into the split on even points with dunfy, I can't see us picking up points from caley or motherwell (maybe a slim chance against caley). Dunfy will not beat Dundee utd but I guarentee they get a result against the Yams..... This is worring times

I can't see that happening. Dunfy are probably worse than us and they have a keeper who is even worse than Stack.

I think the 3 point gap will still be there going into the split but after that who knows. Hopefully we can get the game against them over and done with first, big crowd in ER and somehow scrape a win. Then they'll need a 7 point turnaround which surely couldn't happen...

Jim44
25-03-2012, 09:58 AM

If you believe in teams lying down then yes this could be on the cards. However, I don't think even the Circus would stoop as low as that and in any case, if they don't win their next game against Aberdeen and Killie beat St Mirren, they would have to win or at least draw their final game against Dunfermline to guarantee top six. I think we'll start the last five games as things stand.

hibbiedon
25-03-2012, 10:04 AM
The bit that summed up this Hibs team for me (and Hibs for the last 5 years) is when their goalie kicked the ball out to allow a substitution to take place, and our CAPTAIN meekly kicks the ball back to them. We're 0=2 down fighting for our SPL lives and we're being overly sporting as per usual. No fight, no pride, pussies the lot of them. They gave up the minute the first goals went in (with 30 mins to play !).

Their keeper shouted to GO'C that he was kicking it out to allow treatment to one of their players

Hibernia&Alba
25-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Brilliant if we stay up. We won't do it by much IMO but this is reminding me of those two play off games against Airdrie. So we didn't go down then, but it was only relegation delayed. When Ross County come up, I think they will stick up for a season at least.

If we stay we up, then there is a massive job ahead over the summer break. We must not have another season like this under any circumstances. The team has been going backwards for a few years now, and the rot needs to be stopped then reversed. Somebody has to grab the club by the baws and drag it forward.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Relegation is a cert imo.......you would think that having 2 succesive managers signing almost 2 teams between them would have made some difference

calmac12000
25-03-2012, 10:49 AM
TBH its six one half a dozen the other, I think it'll be a very close call. Fortunately, as bad as we are Dunfermiline are even worse. Even, with JJ at the helm as long as Hibs screw the head, we should survive(and win the cup as well...lol!).

Hibbyradge
25-03-2012, 11:21 AM

I think we're 67.5% relegated.

Sammy7nil
25-03-2012, 11:46 AM
I think we're 67.5% relegated.

Get the old school abacus out I make it only 37.919% relegated :greengrin

sesoim
25-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Do Hibs deserve to stay up:

Based on performances, probably not.

Based on the fact that, even now, we are still the the 4th best supported club in the country, and we haven't resorted to financial cheating like a few teams, then definitely, we should stay up.

It will be a an absolute disgrace if we find ourselves a league lower than Ross County next season. Even if we do stay up, I just don't see how Petrie can remain after all his bad managerial appointments.