PDA

View Full Version : Torture

Littlest Hobo
24-03-2012, 03:46 PM
How much more can supporters take. Anything that can go wrong, you can be sure if it's concerning Hibs then it will do. The players should hang their heads in shame.

Northernhibee
24-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't even think(with the exception of O'Connor) that it's a lack of effort, it's that Yogi and Calderwood have pillaged our club of talent. You can't change that overnight.

I hate Calderwood as much as Skacel, Ian Black,Jim Jefferies, Mercer - Calderwood has killed off the remaining talent we had and has set us back years. When we should have been having a pre-season to get us fighting fit he was ****ing off to Notts Forrest and Birmingham with his sweeties, he had us as a bunch of losers - again, a mentality you won't change overnight.

I'd love nothing more to see Birmingham fail. Calderwood has been one of the most damaging people to our club in the last thirty years.

Emerald
24-03-2012, 03:52 PM
How much more can supporters take. Anything that can go wrong, you can be sure if it's concerning Hibs then it will do. The players should hang their heads in shame.

Unorganised pi5h, Fenlon has to take his share of the blame too

Duffys13
24-03-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't even think(with the exception of O'Connor) that it's a lack of effort, it's that Yogi and Calderwood have pillaged our club of talent. You can't change that overnight.

I hate Calderwood as much as Skacel, Ian Black,Jim Jefferies, Mercer - Calderwood has killed off the remaining talent we had and has set us back years. When we should have been having a pre-season to get us fighting fit he was ****ing off to Notts Forrest and Birmingham with his sweeties, he had us as a bunch of losers - again, a mentality you won't change overnight.

I'd love nothing more to see Birmingham fail. Calderwood has been one of the most damaging people to our club in the last thirty years.

Before him, it was Hughes

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Not much more I wouldn't think, it's now looking grim that we have signed decent players this season but just don't seem to have any fight in them, there is something very wrong at Easter Road these days and I just don't understand how other teams fight, bite and scratch there way out of trouble but we can't.

I'd stick with Fenlon but we need fresh investment with a new football orientated owner and defo a new board, if that don't work then there's a curse hanging over ER, really can't think of anything else like.

Sad, bad days at ER

Northernhibee
24-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Before him, it was Hughes

Hughes was bad, but he wasn't poisonous.

Calderwood ****ed us over.

Duffys13
24-03-2012, 03:58 PM

Fair enough, but after a signing spree in January and time with a new manager, things should be better than they are. I am not expecting miracles but at least thought we would be harder to beat by now.

Littlest Hobo
24-03-2012, 03:59 PM

As much as I agree with you about how damaging Calderwood was, you can't lay all the blame on him.

We have brought in almost a whole new team and still we can't get them to up their game, even after yet another humiliating defeat by Hearts.

You would have thought we would get a reaction, after all we are in a battle not to be relegated.

No spine to our team at all.

Goalkeeper is mince.

Centre half... Hanlon is mince.

Midfield.....nobody with any fight or class

Forward line....A little ****house who couldn't hit water if he fell out a ****in boat.

snooky
24-03-2012, 04:04 PM
If anybody wants to put a date on when it all started going wrong then the clandestine meeting at RP's house would be a good place to start.
That, followed by the opening of the spa at Ormiston.
Coincidence? Maybes aye, maybes no. :dunno:

Has East Mains been built on a sacred burial ground or something? :paranoid:

Duffys13
24-03-2012, 04:08 PM
I would hope that we are harder to beat, the remit for PF would have been to stave off relegation. I hope the better players he has brought in are good enough to compete with those around us in the bottom half of the table, they will be gone next season when we have to buy or promote those good enough to get us into the top half.

Still a lot of football to be played and it's in our hands.

Mon the Hibs.

I hope it's not coming across like I am wanting PF out, cos I'm not. Like a lot of people on here I just cant understand what the problem is. We had what I thought was a good January in the transfer market, I dont think expecting to get a point at home against United in unreasonable?

chorley_fm
24-03-2012, 04:15 PM
If anybody wants to put a date on when it all started going wrong then the clandestine meeting at RP's house would be a good place to start.
That, followed by the opening of the spa at Ormiston.
Coincidence? Maybes aye, maybes no. :dunno:

Has East Mains been built on a sacred burial ground or something? :paranoid:

Agree

Beefster
24-03-2012, 04:18 PM

Seven of the starting eleven were signed by Fenlon.

Duffys13
24-03-2012, 04:20 PM
I would hope rather than expect.

This is my point, going into todays game we all knew United are way ahead of us and a draw was about the best we could hope for. However, on the 31st January, would we have thought we would be so far off the pace in a home match against United at this stage of the season? I am just dissapointed as maybe wrongly I thought we would be on a better run by now.

Northernhibee
24-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Seven of the starting eleven were signed by Fenlon.

In as tough a transfer market as you'll get, without the team having an uninterupted pre-season (thanks CC) and with a losing mentality inherited from CC.

It's not an overnight fix, it could take seasons.

Hibercelona
24-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Are people really so shocked that we lost today.

Beefster
24-03-2012, 04:25 PM
In as tough a transfer market as you'll get, without the team having an uninterupted pre-season (thanks CC) and with a losing mentality inherited from CC.

It's not an overnight fix, it could take seasons.

Pre-season is pretty much irrelevant when most of the team were signed in January. As is the 'mentality' instilled by the manager sacked three months before most of them were recruited.

You're right though, judging how ***** we are and how some of the problems are on long-term contracts, it's going to take a while to change that.

Bishop Hibee
24-03-2012, 04:29 PM

No, I even predicted the correct score in Robbies before the game.

We are rank, possibly the worst Hibs team ever. Fenlon inherited a bunch of useless chancers and has replaced some of them with loan signings and it hasn't really worked. We were the better team in the first half today bar the first 10 mins but created little to worry Utd. We haven't had a creative midfielder since Zemmama and Miller left. Once they started playing in the second it was a matter of time before they scored. Second shows Stack should be emptied asap.

That performance has probably knocked 3-4K off the crowd at the semi. Thankful the Pars are as bad as us and the huns could well be liquidated.

Hibrandenburg
24-03-2012, 04:33 PM

Not really, we lost to a decent United side who appear to be well managed and have hit a decent run of form. These are troubled times but we'll win through and the real test of PF metal will be how we perform next year (be that SPL or Div 1). As for all the Yam fuds posting their drivel on here at the moment I say "GTF" and am happy in the knowledge that you will do so sooner rather than later.

Littlest Hobo
24-03-2012, 04:33 PM

No, Dundee United for me are probably the best of the rest outwith the Old Firm.

It's the manner of the defeat, the lack of any real heart that's hard to take.

hibee_girl
24-03-2012, 04:34 PM
No, Dundee United for me are probably the best of the rest outwith the Old Firm.

It's the manner of the defeat, the lack of any real heart that's hard to take.

:agree:

As soon as they scored you knew that was it for us today, we seem to give up as soon as we lose a goal these days.

IFONLY
24-03-2012, 04:35 PM

Dont think many where shocked about getting beat, after all Utd are a very good team. Its the manner in how we were beaten, no guts no passion and particularly no skill.

Emerald
24-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Not really, we lost to a decent United side who appear to be well managed and have hit a decent run of form. These are troubled times but we'll win through and the real test of PF metal will be how we perform next year (be that SPL or Div 1. As for all the Yam fuds posting their drivel on here at the moment I say "GTF" and am happy in the knowledge that you will do so sooner rather than later.

The REAL test of Pat Fenlon is keeping us up not next season. He's changed the the entire team and his record to put in bluntly is ****ing shocking. He needs to prove it NOW!!

Biggie
24-03-2012, 04:39 PM

We are rank, possibly the worst Hibs team ever. Fenlon inherited a bunch of useless chancers and has replaced some of them with loan signings and it hasn't really worked. We were the better team in the first half today bar the first 10 mins but created little to worry Utd. We haven't had a creative midfielder since Zemmama and Miller left. Once they started playing in the second it was a matter of time before they scored. Second shows Stack should be emptied asap.

That performance has probably knocked 3-4K off the crowd at the semi. Thankful the Pars are as bad as us and the huns could well be liquidated.

aye, but that's Jeffries off and running with them.....I reckon you'll see a completely different pars team for the last few games. Seriously concerned for our premier league survival now.

Greentinted
24-03-2012, 04:46 PM

:agree: Yogi tried his best, it just wasn't good enough.

Calderwood was just working his ticket.

Hibercelona
24-03-2012, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't know, I forgot all about the first half of the game and didn't even bother to tune in for the second half.

The manner in which we lost the game doesn't shock me either tbh.

GreenCastle
24-03-2012, 04:51 PM
It's been bad for a while - we all know that - basically since winning the CIS Cup!

There is no one directly you can blame but some really bad decisions and management by the board to hire crap managers and then get poor players in has left us in a real mess.

Fenlon I still believe will do ok with us but right now he just doesn't have time to make errors - games are running out and although we are above the Pars I think like others JJ will do better than many expect with them.

Our home form has been torture and no wonder we are struggling with crowds, atmosphere and confidence when playing at ER - usually teams can pick up points at home but seems we have added pressure at home and do better away - saying that though we have been pretty shocking away from home also.

At home we seem to get constantly outplayed which just shouldn't be happening and we don't create much or control games - we just seem to turn up.

Our defense has been a major issue for a while - players like Hogg, Bamba, Jones all supposedly not good enough - McPake I feel we have more of a leader but apart from that there is no real leaders or players setting an example and driving on. Lewis Stevenson tries but needs help around him - sometimes Ozzy gives us that but the rest are so inconsistent.

Stack although can be a great shot stopper simply isn't good enough - either is Mark Brown.

Yes it's bad - I am just hoping we can scrape through and start again in summer - but will we be in the SPL next season ?!!

Overall I still think the board have made some shockingly bad decisions and lack real leadership - something that transfers down to the pitch and here we are today struggling like last year and previous 4 seasons.

hibs0666
24-03-2012, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't know, I forgot all about the first half of the game and didn't even bother to tune in for the second half.

Congratulations.

hibsbollah
24-03-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm normally a happy clapper type of chap, but that second half was EMBARASSING. Its beyond belief that that team, and particularly that ******-ing it, powderpuff, spineless midfield, are two wins awayfrom the scottish cup.

truehibernian
24-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Pre-season is pretty much irrelevant when most of the team were signed in January. As is the 'mentality' instilled by the manager sacked three months before most of them were recruited.

You're right though, judging how ***** we are and how some of the problems are on long-term contracts, it's going to take a while to change that.

It's exactly where it went wrong this season for me. Not just for footballing reasons - it underlines where the problems at Hibs lie.

Calderwood's complete lack of respect for the club and his employer, meeting with Notts Forest when he should have been concentrating on Hibs. Petrie's dithering and lack of communication with the fans about the whole affair, then hiding behind a statement which was 'economical' at best when he described the 'run of victories' - the split amongst the fans and Calderwood which was evident at East Fife, Berwick and Falkirk. The Jimmy Scott/Sean Welsh incident - one or both should have been binned. The CC to Brum/Forest story gathered pace well into the pre-season leaving players he had just signed unsure, and players we were maybe in for even more uncertain. Calderwood telling fans that players out of contract had until the start of the pre-season to commit.......which was untrue at the end of the day. We went into our first game of the season not knowing if CC was going to be there and his attitude and non commital stance drove a wedge between the fans and the club - it created a very tense and horrible atmosphere.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail - pre-season proved that old saying very true indeed mate. The Board and Calderwood shoulder a great deal of blame.

PapillonVert
24-03-2012, 04:56 PM
aye, but that's Jeffries off and running with them.....I reckon you'll see a completely different pars team for the last few games. Seriously concerned for our premier league survival now.

The players keep saying via the Evening News etc. how hard and brilliantly they are working in training and how determined and passionate they are, yadda yadda yadda.

If that's true (big if), then when you see the performances on the pitch the only thing you can conclude is that they are simply not good enough.

I too think we will go down (and not undeservedly) and I am not sure we will be good enough to come straight back up unless there are radical changes at all levels of the club. The whole ethos and attitude have to change completely. Clear out the rubbish and start anew and it is set in stone in contracts that what the manager says goes in respect of training, lifestyle and everything else and if the players donn't like it, show them the door!

Sean1875
24-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Are we seriously blaming the current state of the club in MARCH to pre-season...? The majority of the team today are not CCs players, its ludicrious to try blame this on a pre-season.

truehibernian
24-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Are we seriously blaming the current state of the club in MARCH to pre-season...? The majority of the team today are not CCs players, its ludicrious to try blame this on a pre-season.

Hardly ludicrous mate when you look at the way the season panned out. You simply cannot underestimate what a good pre-season can do. You have to hit the ground running and all the negative press, uncertainty amongst fans and players, the animosity shown especially after a poor season beforehand......it all mounts up.

The blame for me (last 5 years) has been the lack of continuity, discipline, football investment and no real change at the top. However this season was a shambles from the opening day of pre-season training to today at 4.50pm.....with the Scottish Cup the only bright spot.

Sean1875
24-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Hardly ludicrous mate when you look at the way the season panned out. You simply cannot underestimate what a good pre-season can do. You have to hit the ground running and all the negative press, uncertainty amongst fans and players, the animosity shown especially after a poor season beforehand......it all mounts up.

The blame for me (last 5 years) has been the lack of continuity, discipline, football investment and no real change at the top. However this season was a shambles from the opening day of pre-season training to today at 4.50pm.....with the Scottish Cup the only bright spot.
Agree that initially pre-season will affect results but I thought the whole point of pre-season was for players to get match fit, improve sharpness and learn to play with each other. And like i've said it is now March, more than enough time for that to happen but player performances and attitudes in matches is not even close to being acceptable by this stage of the season.

Craig_in_Prague
24-03-2012, 05:14 PM
The torture will soon be over and we'll be in the 1st division. Thats our level IMHO.

proud_and_green
24-03-2012, 05:28 PM
The torture will soon be over and we'll be in the 1st division. Thats our level IMHO.

Aye and i'm waiting until i know what prices we'll be paying before renewing my season ticket. Or will Rod give me a refund?

I thought we did ok in small parts today, but always on the break and never because we were controlling the game....

we can't win a header, but we put high balls up all the time

can't win a throw in - even our own - and we always take so long to re-cycle the ball tha what momentum we had is lost!!

Keeper won't come out for a cross so opposition know that's what they need to do.

midfield - with the exception of Lewis - won't tackle!

midfield again with the exception of Lewis can't pass to their own player

Nobody moves off the ball!

Forwards don't know where the goal is!

As somebody else said - embarrasing!!!

Hibercelona
24-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Congratulations.

Thanks, I saved myself 90 minutes.

ancient hibee
24-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Agree that initially pre-season will affect results but I thought the whole point of pre-season was for players to get match fit, improve sharpness and learn to play with each other. And like i've said it is now March, more than enough time for that to happen but player performances and attitudes in matches is not even close to being acceptable by this stage of the season.
Read your own quote that is exactly what a pre season is.Today's team didn't even meet each other until January so no pre season at all hence a poor team performance.

Once the subs were brought on the game was over-the fact that ours have been at the club since the beginning of the season tells its own story I think.

Sean1875
24-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Read your own quote that is exactly what a pre season is.Today's team didn't even meet each other until January so no pre season at all hence a poor team performance.

Once the subs were brought on the game was over-the fact that ours have been at the club since the beginning of the season tells its own story I think.

I know that, as I stated in my previous post that the majority of the team today were Fenlons players, I was making the point that people blaming our pre-season under CC as cause of our problems right now is just daft.

KingFranck
24-03-2012, 05:45 PM

If we empty Stack how long before the lets empty Brown comments get made? Don't get me wrong Stack did have a mare for the second but what other options do we have.
Award today for least contribution has to go to Soares or Sproule.

Onion

Not sure when DUFC scored their first... 63 mins ?... but the game was OVER at that point. The Hibs players gave up and it was just a question of how many they would get beat by.

This is Hibs , at home, with 25+minutes left on the clock against a provisional (mid-table) club - albeit one that was playing well. That's the most depressing thing and why people are so cheesed off.

Golden Bear

Lack of direction, no creativity, huge gaps between the midfield players and the strikers, 1 shot on target in 94mins, lessons not being learnt.

Over to you Mr Fenlon & Co.

Golden Bear
24-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I know that, as I stated in my previous post that the majority of the team today were Fenlons players, I was making the point that people blaming our pre-season under CC as cause of our problems right now is just daft.

And worringly , these same players were the guys who were getting substituted because of inept performances.

Bishop Hibee
24-03-2012, 05:54 PM
If we empty Stack how long before the lets empty Brown comments get made? Don't get me wrong Stack did have a mare for the second but what other options do we have.
Award today for least contribution has to go to Spares or Sproule.

The 'asap' part of my comment probably means he'll be here until his contract is up. I'd play Brown next week personally but there isn't much between them.

I thought Sproule tried when he came on whereas Osbourne is a complete waste of space. Soares looks lost out wide and if that is his position, Stoke paying Ģ1.25m for him is incredible.

proud_and_green
24-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Award today for least contribution has to go to Spares or Sproule.

That was exactly my thought today! When did we last have a nearly decent keeper?

I also think, and i was not formerly of this view, that we really do need to splash a bit of cash on the spine of the team. If we don't we will never be anything better than a never ran, let alone an also ran, team.

All teams go through ups and downs, but we seem to have a disproportionate downs to everyone elses! Good God in comparison to average support, revenue generation, etc how the **** are we more often than not a bottom six team!!

I made my daughter a Hibs fan, i keep looking over my shoulder for Esther Rantzen!!!

The Green Goblin
24-03-2012, 06:01 PM
The 'asap' part of my comment probably means he'll be here until his contract is up. I'd play Brown next week personally but there isn't much between them.

I thought Sproule tried when he came on whereas Osbourne is a complete waste of space. Soares looks lost out wide and if that is his position, Stoke paying Ģ1.25m for him is incredible.

Yes, and yet itīs funny how players who are/were good elsewhere look poor at Hibs, and that also goes for those who leave the club. Didnīt see Rankinīs performance today, but heīs a pivotal piece in an excellent side going strong at the top half of the division....

Funny how often that seems to happen isnīt it?

woodyloon
24-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Aye and i'm waiting until i know what prices we'll be paying before renewing my season ticket. Or will Rod give me a refund?

I thought we did ok in small parts today, but always on the break and never because we were controlling the game....

we can't win a header, but we put high balls up all the time

can't win a throw in - even our own - and we always take so long to re-cycle the ball tha what momentum we had is lost!!

Keeper won't come out for a cross so opposition know that's what they need to do.

midfield - with the exception of Lewis - won't tackle!

midfield again with the exception of Lewis can't pass to their own player

Nobody moves off the ball!

Forwards don't know where the goal is!

As somebody else said - embarrasing!!!

Agree with almost all you say, after todays performance you would of thought we were safe with nothing to play for. What we took 3, 4 5 or 6 touches to do, United could do it in one or two touches. They took a grip of the game in the second half and it was only a matter of time before they scored, but it was sad how easy they got the goals.

The only time in the second half we showed any purpose was in the last 10mins, but I think this had more to do with United pushing forward as they felt there was more goals in the game for them. If this is the passion and desire we are going to show for the remaining games then I feel the 1st division will be our reward.

Its ok playing 442 but you need movement, you also need your two front players playing closer together instead of out on the wings, taking up any space for the midfield or the full back when pushing forward.

I really hope PF finds some kind of magic to get the team playing football, because at the moment we are looking like a bunch of loser out for a kick about in the park.

onfire
24-03-2012, 06:48 PM
At Half time, thought, right, we're still in the game, the boys will come out, roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. But it just didn't happen. Couldn't argue with the subs - Don't blame PF, don't blame any one player either, but as a group, need to do better. what does worry me is that there's so few games to get it right.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-03-2012, 06:54 PM
United could have given us five or six and the reality is that when they stepped it up second half we were left still pulling our socks up. It is one thing getting a seeing to by a side that are clearly several levels above us, what is more worrying is how we reacted to that. Never mind not doing the basics, even the basics were out of reach today. That second half was as poor as the 0-1 game against Dunfermline.

BEEJ
24-03-2012, 07:16 PM

The players keep saying via the Evening News etc. how hard and brilliantly they are working in training and how determined and passionate they are, yadda yadda yadda.

If that's true (big if), then when you see the performances on the pitch the only thing you can conclude is that they are simply not good enough.
Time now for an embargo on Hibs players giving interviews to the press. Long overdue.

Until we're delivering on the park, I don't want to read glib reassurances from members of the first team squad. They're utterly meaningless.

Hibs7
24-03-2012, 07:50 PM

Rubbish, the man to blame is Rod Petrie for keeping that clown Calderwood at the beginning of the season, that set the rot in and PF is,trying to rescue it with his hands tied behind his back.

Beefster
24-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Rubbish, the man to blame is Rod Petrie for keeping that clown Calderwood at the beginning of the season, that set the rot in and PF is,trying to rescue it with his hands tied behind his back.

In what way are his hands tied?

Hibs7
24-03-2012, 07:56 PM
How long will it take for people to realise we need a very good goalkeeper, Stack and Brown are NOT good enough, build from the back. If we stay up a good keeper would be my priority.

Hibs7
24-03-2012, 07:58 PM
In what way are his hands tied?

Because he was limited in what he could do in January, hence his hands are tied, trying to get this miss matched mob into a team. I just hope he can keep us up and then start to build his team.

Sean1875
24-03-2012, 08:00 PM
How long will it take for people to realise we need a very good goalkeeper, Stack and Brown are NOT good enough, build from the back. If we stay up a good keeper would be my priority.

Would happily take Cammy Bell but the fee would probably be a bit too much, the St Mirren fella looks not too bad though and could be in our price range. Knowing our luck though we could sign Casillas tomorrow and he'd be about as effective as a fireproof cigarette.

DaveF
24-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Would happily take Cammy Bell but the fee would probably be a bit too much, the St Mirren fella looks not too bad though and could be in our price range. Knowing our luck though we could sign Casillas tomorrow and he'd be about as effective as a fireproof cigarette.

Pretty sure our resident Killie fan said that Bell was out of contract this season, but would imagine he'll be attracting a lot of attention as he's been bang in form

I wouldn't touch Samson at St Mirren as he's more unpredictable than Stack.

calumb
24-03-2012, 08:07 PM

I agree with that, Stack is maybe not as prone to the gaffs that some of his predecessors made but to me he just not make enough saves, he never has a game where he pulls off save after save and keeps us in a game like the guy Bell did for Killie in the cup final

Sean1875
24-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Pretty sure our resident Killie fan said that Bell was out of contract this season, but would imagine he'll be attracting a lot of attention as he's been bang in form

I wouldn't touch Samson at St Mirren as he's more unpredictable than Stack.

Fair enough about Samson, he's seemed alright whenever ive watched him but that hasnt really been enough to judge fully. Praying the yams don't come in for Bell with Kello clearly unfavoured, would be more than happy to put Bell right at the top of the wage scale if it meant we finally had a solid, reliable top class keeper.

Hibs7
24-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Stack makes good instinctive saves on his line, but when he has time to think he is not very good, does not command his 6 yard box and that is a major failing in any goalkeeper.

Holmesdale Hibs
24-03-2012, 08:14 PM

CC was bad for Hibs and I agree that he screwed us by whoring himself out to the championship. However, I don't think there was much talent there when he started and I don't think he made the squad significantly worse than it was when he took over. Not saying he did a good job, just don't think he had as much of an impact as you so.

We haven't had any talent for a while now (debatably Griffiths and McPake but they're on loan) and we need a manager with a good eye for a player. Lots of other teams in the SPL manage to do it with a similar budget so I don't know why we can't.

Back to the subject of the thread, I agree, whatever the reason may be, that watching Hibs is torture and is showing little or no signs of improvement.

IberianHibernian
24-03-2012, 08:14 PM
How long will it take for people to realise we need a very good goalkeeper, Stack and Brown are NOT good enough, build from the back. If we stay up a good keeper would be my priority.I actually think Stack and Brown are the best goalkeeping pair we`ve had for about 10 years and IF we`re relegated don`t think it`ll be because of goalies but I hope we`re looking for a better goalie for next season ( will Stack and Brown want to stay anyway ? ) . More importantly , we`ve got 7 league and 2 cup matches left this season and have to do with players we`ve got ( would any out of contract goalie improve things now ? ) so think it`s time to get behind team and for them to show commitment too .

Bad Martini
24-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Stack was ***** today and from what I seen through the mist, at least partly to blame for the second goal.

We are *****. Fact. Lacked guts and balls. If we don't go down it'll be down to Dunfermline being so ****ing bad it saves our ass.

And if we beat aberdeen in that semi, it'll be despite us.

I ****ing hope and pray we stay up. I also hope we beat he sheep. Canny see where it's coming from tho.

Bad times.

Emerald
24-03-2012, 08:21 PM

Maybe you have a different opinion but my comments are not RUBBISH. He has changed an entire team and his record IS rubbish. How can anyone defend it. I've NEVER seen such a bad hibs side in my life. Disagree if you like but to say my comments are "rubbish" is out of order, they are facts. However, I do agree with your other comments in that the choice of the manager (s) was wrong and that lies with the board, I didnt like the appointment and I really dont want to be proved right, I hope PF is a roaring success but I really have my doubts.

Hibs7
24-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Maybe you have a different opinion but my comments are not RUBBISH. He has changed an entire team and his record IS rubbish. How can anyone defend it. I've NEVER seen such a bad hibs side in my life. Disagree if you like but to say my comments are "rubbish" is out of order, they are facts. However, I do agree with your other comments in that the choice of the manager (s) was wrong and that lies with the board, I didnt like the appointment and I really dont want to be proved right, I hope PF is a roaring success but I really have my doubts.

My rubbish statement was regarding it was all PF's fault.

brianmc
24-03-2012, 08:28 PM
We have, and have had for quite some time, THE worst goalkeeper(s) in the league.
"he was like a Hibs goalie" has now become an expression used by other fans to describe their own teams goalkeeping howlers ffs.

As I've stated elsewhere i really cannae stand stack -for many reasons. The main ones being that he seems to think that he's a great keeper, hard as nails, one of the boys, Jack the ****in lad about town...... Etc

He is ****, soft as **** on the field(which is is the only place I care about-not interested in his George Street shenanigans), communicates really poorly with his team mates and generally is a bombscare even on the odd occasion when the defence looks okay.

Hibernia Na Eir
24-03-2012, 08:30 PM
read Soares' piece in today's Sun and its now beyond a joke. each week we hear 'we'll learn our lesson' "the boys are hurting" "we've got a great bond" etc etc etc
It's boring and, clearly, anything the players tell us just isn't whats happening.
East Mains?
more like East Pains.

Emerald
24-03-2012, 08:31 PM
My rubbish statement was regarding it was all PF's fault.

Ok, not his fault but not blameless. Not easy being a Hibee the now, loads of folk arguing ib the east today, we're all getting a bit touchy.

Hibs7
24-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Ok, not his fault but not blameless. Not easy being a Hibee the now, loads of folk arguing ib the east today, we're all getting a bit touchy.

I don't think any manager could come in and do any more than PF has done, limited funds and players available, a load of wasters already there, he has cleared out what he seen as a waste of space , but limited resources meant he had to get a load of loan signings in, that alone would cause difficulties, but he has had to deal with O' Connors problems and drop in.form, then Griffiths being the spoilt kid, taking all that into consideration do we really expect anything else.

Emerald
24-03-2012, 08:50 PM
I don't think any manager could come in and do any more than PF has done, limited funds and players available, a load of wasters already there, he has cleared out what he seen as a waste of space , but limited resources meant he had to get a load of loan signings in, that alone would cause difficulties, but he has had to deal with O' Connors problems and drop in.form, then Griffiths being the spoilt kid, taking all that into consideration do we really expect anything else. So you would have expected a new manager to come in and not get a home win in the league. I must be on a different planet to this love in.

CabbageBoy
24-03-2012, 08:51 PM

His record this season is better than Fenlons.

Hibs7
24-03-2012, 09:03 PM
So you would have expected a new manager to come in and not get a home win in the league. I must be on a different planet to this love in.

No love in, but look at what he has had to deal with, plus all the bad referree decisions that went against us and cost us points.
He needs to be given a real chance not half a season with a temporary team.

hibsbollah
24-03-2012, 09:10 PM
His record this season is better than Fenlons.

The only serious judgement of Fenlon is after the window,when he brought in his new players. Since then, its
W3 D2 L4.

Much better than Colin.

PapillonVert
24-03-2012, 09:50 PM
read Soares' piece in today's Sun and its now beyond a joke. each week we hear 'we'll learn our lesson' "the boys are hurting" "we've got a great bond" etc etc etc
It's boring and, clearly, anything the players tell us just isn't whats happening.
East Mains?
more like East Pains.

Yes, this is exactly where I am not getting it. The messages coming out from East Mains are totally at odds with what is happening on the pitch.

Methinks that it's all hot air. Seems to me we have to face the truth which is that the squad we have is just not good enough to be in the SPL (and, my God, the average SPL standard is not demanding in the slightest). They are in my view mid-1st Division at best.

This is by far the poorest bunch of players in living memory. Not worthy in any way to be anywhere near ER or in any way associated with Hibernian FC.

But no doubt they will be out "socialising" until the early hours around town .

Steve-O
24-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Yes, this is exactly where I am not getting it. The messages coming out from East Mains are totally at odds with what is happening on the pitch.

Methinks that it's all hot air. Seems to me we have to face the truth which is that the squad we have is just not good enough to be in the SPL (and, my God, the average SPL standard is not demanding in the slightest). They are in my view mid-1st Division at best.

This is by far the poorest bunch of players in living memory. Not worthy in any way to be anywhere near ER or in any way associated with Hibernian FC.

But no doubt they will be out "socialising" until the early hours around town .

You would think it is at the point they would be embarrassed to be seen in town and admitting they are Hibs players. No doubt they will still be swanning around the VIP sections of bars surrounded by desperate hangers-on giving their wounded egos a bit of a massage though...

muirhousehibby
24-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Pat fenlon can't really be judged on players coming in January, loan signings but how many were actual targets from him. I still think it's more of offered by clubs and at the time we let a few go and had to make up the numbers. How many had fenlon seen play before for himself.

Loan signings who can't get a game at there parent clubs, for me I tend to think it's a case off doing a job and collecting there cash. Spl or division 1 loaning signings won't be there next season anyway so perhaps lose a bit fight as to those who have 3 year deals and could find themselves playing a possible 2 years in division 1.

Desire is something we've not seen from most, time to put a couple of u19s in the side which have desire and the fight.

Without desire you have nothing,aka as seen from today's shambles at easter rd. Crowd getting smaller by the week to at home games.

PapillonVert
24-03-2012, 11:28 PM
You would think it is at the point they would be embarrassed to be seen in town and admitting they are Hibs players. No doubt they will still be swanning around the VIP sections of bars surrounded by desperate hangers-on giving their wounded egos a bit of a massage though...

They are probably still deluded enough to believe that they are "top six" and "too good to go down".

I've been patient for a long, long time but, boy oh boy, my patience is fast running out.

Something, a lot, a huge big absolutely massive something, is VERY VERY wrong at Hibernian FC. And it needs to be sorted out like YESTERDAY.

And the Board need to tell us what they are doing to get us right again.

MGmick
24-03-2012, 11:32 PM

Yup!!!
Still, good job we never took him on eh? I mean who would want a fat, ugly yamboid for a manager?

Even if he is quite good at it.

HKhibby
25-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Its probably as bad as we are going to get!, it cant get much worse, did you really expect to get anything out of Dundee Utd game? no chance!, its Hughes and that idiot CC who are to blame in the last few years, and the board to a certain amount for lack of investment, but Petrie still runs a good tight ship! would you want to be like the rest in serious debt? no! i wouldnt.
But as i said before, and yes the lack of investment is something to do with it, and the short term loan deals too!, is Fenlon really the right person for the Hibs job?, he wasnt my personal choice....but we have to live with it!....for now!...cracks starting to show maybe?

Beefster
25-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Because he was limited in what he could do in January, hence his hands are tied, trying to get this miss matched mob into a team. I just hope he can keep us up and then start to build his team.

He'll always be limited in what he can do, whether it's signing players in a window or changing the structure and culture of the club. That's the nature of working at Hibs.

Famous5forever
25-03-2012, 07:56 AM

I too think we will go down (and not undeservedly) and I am not sure we will be good enough to come straight back up unless there are radical changes at all levels of the club. The whole ethos and attitude have to change completely. Clear out the rubbish and start anew and it is set in stone in contracts that what the manager says goes in respect of training, lifestyle and everything else and if the players donn't like it, show them the door!

Dunfermline will go down they will not pick up more points than us between now and the end of the season.
Next season we rebuild get new/better players in and start afresh with Paddy at the helm KEEP THE FAITH.:pfgwa