PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Captain

hibsbollah
24-03-2012, 03:17 PM
is this the first time?

Judas Iscariot
24-03-2012, 03:49 PM
In a competitive game yes, was captain against Raith one preseason, sure he supported them as a laddie and it was his birthday on the night of the game?!

Billychaotic182
24-03-2012, 04:39 PM
In a competitive game yes, was captain against Raith one preseason, sure he supported them as a laddie and it was his birthday on the night of the game?!

That's right :agree:. I was at that game. Worst rain i have ever seen in fife that night. Game got called off.

Judas Iscariot
24-03-2012, 04:40 PM
That's right :agree:. I was at that game. Worst rain i have ever seen in fife that night. Game got called off.

Same!

Remember it running down the street like a river Lol

Capt Mainwaring
24-03-2012, 07:50 PM
is this the first time?

Don't know but it should certainly be the last time. A player with lots of loyalty and effort but weak in character and technical ability. Fails to inspire the fans and his team mates. Has spent half the season apologising for misplaced passes and for a player tha should have been shown the door a couple of seasons ago - to now be the pivitol midfield choice and captain, says all thats wrong with the current team.

I don't mean to be hard on him, as he's honest and committed but he's never captain material in a million years. I'd be amazed if he was ever captain of his school or boys club team.

tamig
24-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Don't know but it should certainly be the last time. A player with lots of loyalty and effort but weak in character and technical ability. Fails to inspire the fans and his team mates. Has spent half the season apologising for misplaced passes and for a player tha should have been shown the door a couple of seasons ago - to now be the pivitol midfield choice and captain, says all thats wrong with the current team.

I don't mean to be hard on him, as he's honest and committed but he's never captain material in a million years. I'd be amazed if he was ever captain of his school or buys club team.

That's exactly how your post has come across to me. Thought he was one of the few players to merit pass marks today and, as you acknowledge, has been pivotal in our midfield for a good few months now. A pity there aren't a few more with his level of commitment.

Calvin
24-03-2012, 08:17 PM

I don't mean to be hard on him, as he's honest and committed but he's never captain material in a million years. I'd be amazed if he was ever captain of his school or buys club team.

So he is honest, committed and loyal but not captain material... in that team? Maybe not a club captain in an ideal world but there was nobody in that squad that I preferred to captain us today. I think he's one of the few players that actually has inspired the fans this season given how positive his reviews have been this season relative to the rest of the squad.

hibsbollah
24-03-2012, 08:24 PM
I like Lewis a lot and his performances this season demands hes a regular first teamer, but his personality doesnt suit to being a captain. Not that that had any bearing on todays result.

Capt Mainwaring
24-03-2012, 08:27 PM
That's exactly how your post has come across to me. Thought he was one of the few players to merit pass marks today and, as you acknowledge, has been pivotal in our midfield for a good few months now. A pity there aren't a few more with his level of commitment.

Pass marks today - really!! You are easy pleased. If thats a pass mark benchmark - then your accepting relegation here and now.

Stephenson and the rest of the midfield stood back and watched Ian Black run the show last week and failed to impose themselves on the game this week.

Stop making excuses for this spineless bunch of sub standard no marks.

Beefster
24-03-2012, 08:51 PM

It's all relative. He's been pivotal in one of the weakest midfields in the SPL.

hibee_girl
24-03-2012, 09:22 PM
There's no one in that team that deserves the captaincy more imo.

Sean1875
24-03-2012, 09:25 PM

:agree: ill be honest before the start of the season I didnt rate Lewis at all but recently he has improved massively IMO and is one of the first names i would have on the team sheet just now.

Elephant Stone
24-03-2012, 09:28 PM
He's the captain I'd have picked today as well but it's really too much to ask for him to lead us out of this mess. We're desperate for proper leadership in the team, we need McPake back ASAP and signed permanently.

Spike Mandela
24-03-2012, 09:31 PM

I don't mean to be hard on him, as he's honest and committed but he's never captain material in a million years. I'd be amazed if he was ever captain of his school or boys club team.

:top marks

A very limited player who will be many supporters player of the year showing just how far we have sunk in our acceptance of mediocrity.

IberianHibernian
24-03-2012, 09:34 PM
He's the captain I'd have picked today as well but it's really too much to ask for him to lead us out of this mess. We're desperate for proper leadership in the team, we need McPake back ASAP and signed permanently.Don`t know if McPake is the man especially if he`s going to have fitness problems ( remember Yogi missing a lot of matches as captain ) but big priority for next season in SPL or not should be to find a good captain . We seem to have lacked leadership on park since Sauzee left . Suspect next captain will be a new signing this summer .

cabbageandribs1875
24-03-2012, 09:50 PM

he was the only serious contender for that honour today, i concur with everything else :agree:

Badabing
24-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Says it all about the state of our club that he was made captain. We've had O'Connor (lol), Hanlon and McPake who I rate but jesus had no sooner arrived. Sad times indeed.

Perspective
25-03-2012, 12:08 AM

Don't know how you can say he's weak in character and technical ability.

Of all the players in the squad I think he's the one who shows the most character. He never hides, always makes himself available for a pass (even in tight areas) and never stops fighting. Doesn't seem the most confident type, granted, but he's never less than wholehearted. Fenlon was right to reward him with the captaincy.

As for his technical ability, I'll give you he's not the most creative. But I'd like to see his stats for pass completion. Reckon he must be the tidiest passer of the ball we have, which is an under-rated skill. How often did Osbourne/Claros give the ball away cheaply today?

We've so many problems with the team and club as a whole. Lewis Stevenson isn't one of them.

Onion
25-03-2012, 05:08 AM

A very limited player who will be many supporters player of the year showing just how far we have sunk in our acceptance of mediocrity.

:agree: .... but mediocrity would be a blessed relief from the horror shows we've been subjected to this season.

Malonga's Cat
25-03-2012, 07:33 AM
He's the captain I'd have picked today as well but it's really too much to ask for him to lead us out of this mess. We're desperate for proper leadership in the team, we need McPake back ASAP and signed permanently.

My thoughts too. McPake is a leader on the pitch. In his absence yesterday, Stevenson would be my choice.

Stantons Angel
25-03-2012, 08:24 AM
I really cant believe another thread on Lewis's inabilities!!
No wonder there is so much negativity on this board,

Get off his back please and let him enjoy the fact that at least he is playing well in a rubbish team!

He is loyal and hard working and knows what it means to graft so why shouldnt he be captain for the day. Hi si no leader in the form of McPake but he has burst a gut all season for that team and even then some of you try to knock the stuffing out of him!

You moaned when the captaincy was given to Gary and Ivan now its Lewis. The manager gave thought him up to the job even though Hanlon was available!

No matter how bad Hibs are at the moment it will always be a honour to captain HIBERNIAN FC, let him enjoy it!!!

Spike Mandela
25-03-2012, 08:44 AM

Get off his back please and let him enjoy the fact that at least he is playing well in a rubbish team!

He is loyal and hard working and knows what it means to graft so why shouldnt he be captain for the day. Hi si no leader in the form of McPake but he has burst a gut all season for that team and even then some of you try to knock the stuffing out of him!

You moaned when the captaincy was given to Gary and Ivan now its Lewis. The manager gave thought him up to the job even though Hanlon was available!

No matter how bad Hibs are at the moment it will always be a honour to captain HIBERNIAN FC, let him enjoy it!!!

He was rubbish yesterday and last week. Why should he be untouchable? This Lewis love in masks the fact we have the weakest midfield seen at ER for many a long year. Didn't even notice he was captain yesterday.

bingo70
25-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Sorry for being so harsh but I'm afraid to say he's just utter pish.

Don't doubt he's got a great attitude but that just disguises his total inability when he's got the ball. If our strikers aren't going to score, and let's face it rod and griffiths offer pretty much zero threat to any half decent team, then.we need our midfielders driving forward but for some reason Lewis is unable to even muster a shot on goal, he was so far away from our forwards yesterday and that's what caused our problems, can anyone imagine him running through on their goal like there midfield did for the first goal yesterday?

I know ill get slaughtered for this post but imo we'd be a far better team if we dropped him and pushed ozzie back in the middle with claros

Golden Bear
25-03-2012, 09:42 AM
My thoughts too. McPake is a leader on the pitch. In his absence yesterday, Stevenson would be my choice.

Totally agree. He was the obvious and deserved choice for Captain in McPake's absence.

The wee man was not at his best yesterday but he still outshone his midfield "Casper" like colleagues.

Hiber-nation
25-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Not getting involved in the tiresome is Lewis good enough debate but has any other team had 6 captains in a season? Or is it 7??

Only at Hibs...

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Lewis has been decent for us this season, but i want better than decent for Hibs. To be fair to him, he's in this team on merit.

There's a few who'd be replaced before him imo, Claros yesterday was awful, and O'Sbourne struggled all game to find a green shirt, and was shown up a number of times for lack of pace.

Tom Soares was another who did the Brian Kerr role superbly, although he has been injured a lot, but we only have him for a dozen games at most, and he's missed more than he's played.

We'd not be having a pop at Stevenson today if he'd not been made captain, there's a list as long as my arm of players who deserve a thread of there own before Lewis today.

bingo70
25-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Lewis has been decent for us this season, but i want better than decent for Hibs. To be fair to him, he's in this team on merit.

There's a few who'd be replaced before him imo, Claros yesterday was awful, and O'Sbourne struggled all game to find a green shirt, and was shown up a number of times for lack of pace.

Tom Soares was another who did the Brian Kerr role superbly, although he has been injured a lot, but we only have him for a dozen games at most, and he's missed more than he's played.

We'd not be having a pop at Stevenson today if he'd not been made captain, there's a list as long as my arm of players who deserve a thread of there own before Lewis today.

I would be, him being captain is irrelevant to me.

I think claros can potentially control a game and at least has some vision, imo Stevenson brings nothing to the party.

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2012, 10:42 AM
I would be, him being captain is irrelevant to me.

I think claros can potentially control a game and at least has some vision, imo Stevenson brings nothing to the party.

Bingo, for me him being captain is irrelevant too, and i too dont think he's a player i feel good enough to take us into a position of strength in this league. Lewis imo gives his all every game, he never hides.

What lets him down again imo is his limited ability, strength and pace. This season he's been far from the worst, and imo undeserving of being singled out before others.

bingo70
25-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Bingo, for me him being captain is irrelevant too, and i too dont think he's a player i feel good enough to take us into a position of strength in this league. Lewis imo gives his all every game, he never hides.

What lets him down again imo is his limited ability, strength and pace. This season he's been far from the worst, and imo undeserving of being singled out before others.

So you think he's got limited strength, ability and pace but shouldn't get criticised cos he tries hard?

Sorry nut that's out problem, its the lack of quality so of course he should be open to criticism the same as everyone else

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2012, 11:00 AM
So you think he's got limited strength, ability and pace but shouldn't get criticised cos he tries hard?

Sorry nut that's out problem, its the lack of quality so of course he should be open to criticism the same as everyone else

No Bingo, i think he is a limited player and said so as you quoted. Although yesterday he was given the captains armband, which was his first game i think as captain of Hibs?

And because he was given the job, this was picked up obviously and used as a tool to rip into him, when as i said before, there should be numerous threads imo about most of the others, who were all just as pish or even worse than Stevenson was yesterday.

MrRobot
25-03-2012, 12:24 PM

bolt.
Player of the season for us, only one that tries and cares.

Capt Mainwaring
25-03-2012, 12:41 PM
bolt.

If he's your player of the year son, then that's a pretty good indicator of why we're in 11 th place staring relegation in the face.

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2012, 12:43 PM
If he's your player of the year son, then that's a pretty good indicator of why we're in 11 th place staring relegation in the face.

Yet if the others had shown as much fight, we might not be 11th?

smurf
25-03-2012, 12:52 PM

What's ability got to do with it if you hide in a game as so called technically better players did yesterday and at the Yams last Sunday?

Capt Mainwaring
25-03-2012, 01:02 PM

He has plenty effort, and I agree shows more effort than most but don't confuse effort with fight and aggression. Certainly don't confuse it with ability and leadership.

easty
25-03-2012, 01:04 PM

Yet if the others had such limited ability, we might have been relegated already.

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2012, 01:09 PM
He has plenty effort, and I agree shows more effort than most but don't confuse effort with fight and aggression. Certainly don't confuse it with ability and leadership.

Yet if the others had such limited ability, we might have been relegated already.

I have said it many times, i dont think Lewis is capable of being a player in a team thats good enough for a top 6-5-4 team. Yet he has fought and scrapped in every game, sometimes making telling contributions with those attributes.

Yet here we have a player we all seem to agree is not the best, outshining players who are supposed to be much better?

As i originally said, there a huge list of players who deserve a thread about just how poor they are playing before Lewis does.

Capt Mainwaring
25-03-2012, 01:20 PM
I have said it many times, i dont think Lewis is capable of being a player in a team thats good enough for a top 6-5-4 team. Yet he has fought and scrapped in every game, sometimes making telling contributions with those attributes.

Yet here we have a player we all seem to agree is not the best, outshining players who are supposed to be much better?

As i originally said, there a huge list of players who deserve a thread about just how poor they are playing before Lewis does.

I agree. I only commented originally relative to the question of him being Captain material. Many many more players that have pulled a jersey on over the last few seasons that deserve a damming thread on their effort, ability, commitment and desire.

Stephenson's captaincy and postion as pivitol midfield anchorman says far more about the state of the club than it does about him individually.

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-03-2012, 01:31 PM

Totally agree.

He is an honest, hard working professional. Many pro's should take a look at his attitude and application. However he is sadly just not good enough.

I dont actually know what he offers our team other than commitment? He will never score a goal, pick a defence splitting pass or take a man on. Although he is a tough tackler, he is far too easily beat to 50/50 balls due to his lack of pace. Hardly, a good central midfielder? What worries me quite a bit is Lewis is preferred in central midfield to arguably our best midfielder in Osbourne.

If he has been playing well lately, what has he actually done to affect games? I can think of anything.

smurf
25-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Totally agree.

He is an honest, hard working professional. Many pro's should take a look at his attitude and application. However he is sadly just not good enough.

I dont actually know what he offers our team other than commitment? He will never score a goal, pick a defence splitting pass or take a man on. Although he is a tough tackler, he is far too easily beat to 50/50 balls due to his lack of pace. Hardly, a good central midfielder? What worries me quite a bit is Lewis is preferred in central midfield to arguably our best midfielder in Osbourne.

If he has been playing well lately, what has he actually done to affect games? I can think of anything.

Yet he will be given an extended deal.

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Is it up for renewal? I dont think i would give him a new contract.

I do think our strongest midfield is......Soares Claros Ozzy Booth

Soares on the right IS a good player. In Booth we have a great, young player who can take a man on and score goals. Ozzy is our best midfielder and when Claros played beside him they looked good.

Halifaxhibby
25-03-2012, 04:29 PM
I like lewis a great deal, he's very professional and I could never doubt his work rate, unfortunately he is not of a standard that we should be expecting at easter road. He's far too easily pushed off the ball and doesn't possess the skills of a boozy or zemmama. At best, he is a handy squad player who is pretty versatile, unfortunately he is a mainstay of an exceedingly ***** midfield, ozzy flatters to deceive, he spends most of a game on his erse, Jorge "the pitbull" Claros just looks overwhelmed every time we play, the phrase pitbull must mean something entiely different in Honduras, my bairns hamster is scarier!!!.

HibbyAndy
25-03-2012, 04:33 PM
I thought Stevenson distributed the ball well yesterday,And never shirked a tackle. Dont get me started on Claros!..Pitbull, Really??..Mare like a ****ing poodle!! Awareness throughout the game was disgusting!.

RIP
25-03-2012, 09:50 PM
He is a late developer. Put a settled team of home grown players around him and you will see him shine.

How frustrating for him to be playing alongside three others with supposedly more talent but hiding when we were up against it.

If we had a team of his attitude we wouldn't be relegation material

Jonnyboy
25-03-2012, 10:01 PM
I agree. I only commented originally relative to the question of him being Captain material. Many many more players that have pulled a jersey on over the last few seasons that deserve a damming thread on their effort, ability, commitment and desire.

Stephenson's captaincy and postion as pivitol midfield anchorman says far more about the state of the club than it does about him individually.

If you're gonna criticise the laddie at least you could spell his name correctly :wink:

To the critics - Lewis was poor against United - who wasn't? It was his worst game in a while. The laddie shows heart, commitment and passion unlike many of his team mates. As Blackpool says he's not the kind of guy who'd start regularly if we are ever back in the top three or four but right now he's all we've got and we should be supporting him and not having a dig whilst ignoring the totally pish performance by the over hyped Osborne.

Shrekko
26-03-2012, 11:25 AM
If you're gonna criticise the laddie at least you could spell his name correctly :wink:

To the critics - Lewis was poor against United - who wasn't? It was his worst game in a while. The laddie shows heart, commitment and passion unlike many of his team mates. As Blackpool says he's not the kind of guy who'd start regularly if we are ever back in the top three or four but right now he's all we've got and we should be supporting him and not having a dig whilst ignoring the totally pish performance by the over hyped Osborne.

You're not Lewis's dad are you JB? You seem awfy sensitive about perceived negative comments about him, even though he's clearly one of the more popular players.

I like how you finish by slating another player!! Are people only entitled to offer negative comments on players you dinnae like? Osbourne has been pretty much slated for his performance on Saturday and has had it a fair bit for a lot of the season, so why do folk need encouraged to slag him off further?

Is any player above criticism this season? Personally I don't think so.

Stantons Angel
26-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Are people only entitled to offer negative comments on players you dinnae like? Osbourne has been pretty much slated for his performance on Saturday and has had it a fair bit for a lot of the season, so why do folk need encouraged to slag him off? [/QUOTE]

It would seem that this is what happens with Lewis even though he plays well in a game.

Everyone has their own favourites and everyone is equally entitled to their views but Lewis seems to be the one who is picked on all the time..............

On a brighter note, Lewis was awarded the Hibernian Supporters Association Player of the Year trophy last night. Before any of you start saying " not much to choose from, or the best of a bad bunch" GRIFFITHS was awarded the Young Player of the Year award!!!

Now there is something to chew over on your lunch breaks....

proud_and_green
26-03-2012, 12:07 PM
He was rubbish yesterday and last week. Why should he be untouchable? This Lewis love in masks the fact we have the weakest midfield seen at ER for many a long year. Didn't even notice he was captain yesterday.

I don't see much of a love in, i see a player who works hard getting some praise for that. A player who has been one of the better and ost consistent players this season getting recognition for that.

But still people find it necessary to make sure that hard work is only recognised with abuse - that's the Hibs.Net way after all.

scoopyboy
26-03-2012, 12:22 PM
bolt.

If you think that Lewis is the only one that tries and cares then I'm afraid you have a brain the size of a pea.

Griffiths, Hanlon and Murray are Hibbies through and through and I'm sure would take great offence if you were big enough to tell them that to their faces.

You can argue those three guys aren't good enough if you wish but dinnae think for a minute they don't try or care.

Alex Trager
26-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Pass marks today - really!! You are easy pleased. If thats a pass mark benchmark - then your accepting relegation here and now.

Stephenson and the rest of the midfield stood back and watched Ian Black run the show last week and failed to impose themselves on the game this week.

Stop making excuses for this spineless bunch of sub standard no marks.

Enough said really

Shrekko
26-03-2012, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=Stantons Angel;3160610]Everyone has their own favourites and everyone is equally entitled to their views but Lewis seems to be the one who is picked on all the time..............

[QUOTE]

What a load of garbage.

Lewis is one of the least criticised players in the team and one of the most popular. Most fans were also incredibly patient with him when he wasnt performing the past 2/3 years as well. Jeez- some players of simlar ability at Hibs recently would love to be 'picked on all the time' if that's your perception of it.

As it happens- I think Lewis was a good choice for captain at this current time. Doesnt take away from some of the guff that get's spouted about him by his hyper sensitive fans!

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-03-2012, 05:28 PM
He is a late developer. Put a settled team of home grown players around him and you will see him shine.

How frustrating for him to be playing alongside three others with supposedly more talent but hiding when we were up against it.

If we had a team of his attitude we wouldn't be relegation material

Why he should he be afforded the opportunity to have guys around him that shine?

I am not singling Lewis out for abuse just highlighting that he does not offer our team very much.

For example, McPake provides leadership, stability and very good decision making. He also can organise his defence and make good challenges.
Kujabi, not the best defender but will manage in that position. he offers our team the ability to beat a man and get a good cross into the box. He will will overlap and get forward on all occasions.

With Lewis, i dont know what he does? never shirks a challenge? We have Ian Black over at Hertz who also enjoys a tackle. However, he also has the ability to make a killer pass and scores the odd goal.

Onion
26-03-2012, 06:01 PM

There is no end to Lewis' inabilities :wink:

jdships
26-03-2012, 06:14 PM

On what do you base that statement ?
Have you ever met and spoken with Lewis ?
If you have I am amazed you can make a ridiculous statement like that :rolleyes:
I take it you just don't like the guy :confused:

Capt Mainwaring
26-03-2012, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;3160352]If you're gonna criticise the laddie at least you could spell his name correctly :wink:

Good point well made. Will try harder!

Jonnyboy
26-03-2012, 09:57 PM
You're not Lewis's dad are you JB? You seem awfy sensitive about perceived negative comments about him, even though he's clearly one of the more popular players.

I like how you finish by slating another player!! Are people only entitled to offer negative comments on players you dinnae like? Osbourne has been pretty much slated for his performance on Saturday and has had it a fair bit for a lot of the season, so why do folk need encouraged to slag him off further?

Is any player above criticism this season? Personally I don't think so.

Not Lewis's Dad, no :greengrin Just someone who thinks he gets a hard time when it's not warranted. You'd think it was Lewis's fault he was made Captain the way some folk go on :wink:

Thought you'd pick up on my swipe at Ozzy :thumbsup: Did it intentionally as he seems bullet proof in some quarters :wink:

Shrekko
26-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Not Lewis's Dad, no :greengrin Just someone who thinks he gets a hard time when it's not warranted. You'd think it was Lewis's fault he was made Captain the way some folk go on :wink:

Thought you'd pick up on my swipe at Ozzy :thumbsup: Did it intentionally as he seems bullet proof in some quarters :wink:

Lewis has never had a hard time from the Hibs fans, even when he blatantly wasnt doing enough to push his claims whenever he was brought into the side. Even then we had people showing the same paternal like sympathy. Sympathy that other honest players, too numerous to mention, didn't and don't get.

I'm fairly neutral on it, in that I've always wanted him to do well but wouldn't deny it when he wasn't. I'm now happy to agree he's in on merit, for whatever that's worth and is also a worthy captain. I'd actually stick with him as captain because he probably gains more by knowing the manager has that faith in him. McPake is inspirational with or without an arm-band.

One thing that is obvious though is that there is merit in the debate as to what this says about the current state of Hibs. Less than a year ago, most fans, whether they liked him or not would probably have said he wasn't worth a new 1 year contract. It is also true that many fans go totally over the top about some of his performances and that he's not a match winner. If people are saying our 'best player' is a fairly non influential midfielder then that is basically saying that we don't have any game changers- and we don't!! It's not Lewis's fault but it is true.

Jonnyboy
26-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Lewis has never had a hard time from the Hibs fans, even when he blatantly wasnt doing enough to push his claims whenever he was brought into the side. Even then we had people showing the same paternal like sympathy. Sympathy that other honest players, too numerous to mention, didn't and don't get.

I'm fairly neutral on it, in that I've always wanted him to do well but wouldn't deny it when he wasn't. I'm now happy to agree he's in on merit, for whatever that's worth and is also a worthy captain. I'd actually stick with him as captain because he probably gains more by knowing the manager has that faith in him. McPake is inspirational with or without an arm-band.

One thing that is obvious though is that there is merit in the debate as to what this says about the current state of Hibs. Less than a year ago, most fans, whether they liked him or not would probably have said he wasn't worth a new 1 year contract. It is also true that many fans go totally over the top about some of his performances and that he's not a match winner. If people are saying our 'best player' is a fairly non influential midfielder then that is basically saying that we don't have any game changers- and we don't!! It's not Lewis's fault but it is true.

Can't argue with that. I've said before that I'd love Hibs to have better players than Lewis and that if we had them he'd be gone but we haven't and he's not :greengrin I've no problem with folk having a view on him, even if it differs from mine :wink: After all one person's view may be different from another's but it doesn't mean either is right :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
26-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Find this all rather sad. Lewis was MOTM in the 2007 Cup Final win, in a team that included Fletcher, Benji, Brown, Boozy et al. He has not became a bad player, he is still good enough for our team now.

However, some posters finding fault that he has been our most consistent player this season, saying its a sign of how far we have fallen......Sad because rather than giving Lewis credit, he gets lambasted for not being "good enough". Pity guys like Soares, the pitbull and Ozzy, couldn't get their collective acts together and maybe, just maybe, we might start claiming some points....

scoopyboy
27-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Find this all rather sad. Lewis was MOTM in the 2007 Cup Final win, in a team that included Fletcher, Benji, Brown, Boozy et al. He has not became a bad player, he is still good enough for our team now.

However, some posters finding fault that he has been our most consistent player this season, saying its a sign of how far we have fallen......Sad because rather than giving Lewis credit, he gets lambasted for not being "good enough". Pity guys like Soares, the pitbull and Ozzy, couldn't get their collective acts together and maybe, just maybe, we might start claiming some points....

I can see both sides of the argument regarding Lewis.

My take on it is he is in the current Hibs side on merit, to me the captaincy on Saturday wasn't a big deal unless the player himself thought it was a burden.

At the start of the season I thought he was lucky to still be at the club but IMO has justified his one year deal.

The state we are in I think he will be offered a new deal by Fenlon, he will deserve it.

Brockie, as regarding to the League Cup Final Lewis was the MOTM in one man's eyes on the BBC commentary team. To me there were no failures in that team that day and several could have laid claim to that title. Sad git that I am I have watched the game many times and for me Benji was MOTM. At 1-0 he gave us the vital second and then when many were including me were starting to get a bit uncomfortable at 3-1 he killed the game stone dead with the fourth.

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2012, 08:27 AM
I can see both sides of the argument regarding Lewis.

My take on it is he is in the current Hibs side on merit, to me the captaincy on Saturday wasn't a big deal unless the player himself thought it was a burden.

At the start of the season I thought he was lucky to still be at the club but IMO has justified his one year deal.

The state we are in I think he will be offered a new deal by Fenlon, he will deserve it.

Brockie, as regarding to the League Cup Final Lewis was the MOTM in one man's eyes on the BBC commentary team. To me there were no failures in that team that day and several could have laid claim to that title. Sad git that I am I have watched the game many times and for me Benji was MOTM. At 1-0 he gave us the vital second and then when many were including me were starting to get a bit uncomfortable at 3-1 he killed the game stone dead with the fourth.

:top marks My thought virtually mirrored your's scoops, never been his biggest fan but i can see what he's given us this season.

Personally i thought Scott Brown was MOM in the final, followed by Fletch and Benji. M'Call is a bawbag, and gave Stevenson the award because of how young he was, but as you say there were no failures that day, and Stevenson along with the rest were superb. :flag:

hibee
27-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Lewis has been voted player of the season now:

http://goo.gl/3GZMi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
27-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Lewis has been voted player of the season now:

http://goo.gl/3GZMi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst not his biggest fan I do like his attitude in that interview.:aok: