PDA

View Full Version : listening to sportsound...

Hibs7
24-03-2012, 01:29 PM
The arrogance of Celtic and Rangers is sickening, listening to this it seems the OF have had secret meetings, yet Celtic scream blue murder because the other 10 have a meeting without them, also why should a team in administration still have it's voting right. The Glasgow pair are not going to allow any changes especially in voting numbers, they are desperate to stick with the 11-1 as suits their self help partnership, time the other 10 told them to F right off if they will not accept a democratic process.

snooky
24-03-2012, 01:32 PM
The arrogance of Celtic and Rangers is sickening, listening to this it seems the OF have had secret meetings, yet Celtic scream blue murder because the other 10 have a meeting without them, also why should a team in administration still have it's voting right. The Glasgow pair are not going to allow any changes especially in voting numbers, they are desperate to stick with the 11-1 as suits their self help partnership, time the other 10 told them to F right off if they will not accept a democratic process.

Oh really? Celtic and Partick?
:stirrer:

joe breezy
24-03-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm avoiding all Scottish media at the moment so I don't have to put up with their pish

SloopJB
24-03-2012, 01:40 PM

It must have been seen to have been in the clubs best interest at the time to agree to a 11 - 1 voting structure.
hindsight is wonderful and there is no point making suggestions as to what could, or should, have been included in the structure.
It would appear that any change will only happen if liquidation happens as the two glasgow clubs can halt any proposal by the other ten.
The ten know there may be an opportunity, if it comes we will see if it pushed or if we accept there is no competition therefore no point to the SPL.

easty
24-03-2012, 01:49 PM
I don't know much about the rules of monopolies/oligopolies but is there no legal recourse to change the 11-1 voting structure? It's pretty evident that competition is being stifled due to it. Is that not why the competition commission exists?

Littlest Hobo
24-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Got to laugh at the arrogance of Celtic's Peter Lawell. He cries foul because his club didn't get an invite to the SPL meeting, while all the while trying to engineer a move away from the SPL by holding their own meetings down south with the Championship clubs voting against them joining. No joy.

As for Rangers, I've heard the administrators will have full voting rights regards any decisions that get made. Status quo it is I'm afraid.

Onion
24-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Got to laugh at the arrogance of Celtic's Peter Lawell. He cries foul because his club didn't get an invite to the SPL meeting, while all the while trying to engineer a move away from the SPL by holding their own meetings down south with the Championship clubs voting against them joining. No joy.

As for Rangers, I've heard the administrators will have full voting rights regards any decisions that get made. Status quo it is I'm afraid.

How can a transient body who are solely charged with protecting the short term interests of a company's creditors have any say in the long term interests of our national sport :confused: That just makes no sense whatsoever. These guys are based in England have no football expertise and probably thought Scottish Football WAS the Huns v Tims on Sky.

The_Todd
24-03-2012, 05:43 PM
How can a transient body who are solely charged with protecting the short term interests of a company's creditors have any say in the long term interests of our national sport :confused: That just makes no sense whatsoever. These guys are based in England have no football expertise and probably thought Scottish Football WAS the Huns v Tims on Sky.

Because a Rangers FC (in Administration) representative will need to have a vote, and the administrators are running Rangers FC (in Administration) as is their job. I'd then guess one of their duties of running the club in this period would extend to voting in any organisation Rangers FC (in Administration) belong to.

Ozyhibby
24-03-2012, 06:08 PM
I think that it may be a good idea for the administrators to keep the ten onside as they may need their votes in the event of a liquidation and set up of a phoenix company.