PDA

View Full Version : The old days

Tom Hart RIP
24-03-2012, 10:10 AM
For years, when you bought a season ticket a reserved sticker was put on your seat and everyone knew not to sit on it. Everybody else could sit where they wanted.
This worked well for over a hundred years and if you fancied going to a game you just turned up and paid at the turnstile. Now you have to go to the shop and provide ID and sometimes end up in an allocated seat with a poor view. What was wrong with the old way? I accept that the old firm fans would sometimes sneak in to our end but they were soon emptied.

snooky
24-03-2012, 10:31 AM
For years, when you bought a season ticket a reserved sticker was put on your seat and everyone knew not to sit on it. Everybody else could sit where they wanted.
This worked well for over a hundred years and if you fancied going to a game you just turned up and paid at the turnstile. Now you have to go to the shop and provide ID and sometimes end up in an allocated seat with a poor view. What was wrong with the old way? I accept that the old firm fans would sometimes sneak in to our end but they were soon emptied.

It's dire - bureaucracy gone mad / OTT H&S / "thou shall not" notices all over the place / "nae parking here, there or any-bleeding-where".
Rant over.

On the bright side, you can stay home and watch it all on TV + the games and discussions on how to get the crowds back to football. :cb

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2012, 10:41 AM

Moving backwards in order to move forward. The definition of progress!

The Harp
24-03-2012, 10:47 AM
I must say my favourite time supporting the Hibs was when I had a season ticket in the old North Stand. Not just for the quality of the football at the time but for the atmosphere created by some great characters among the fans. Although we have a fine stadium now, it's lost that certain something we had back then (nostalgia I suppose :rolleyes:).
My first season ticket, (Row C, seat 58) which cost me all of £6, is among my Hibs memorabilia ... better stop now before I get overcome wi' emulsion.:Ummm:

s.a.m
24-03-2012, 10:49 AM
...and they didn't used to stun the crowd into silence with mega-max volume pop-music pre-match and at half-time, and you could appreciate the growing atmosphere and excitement as kick-off approached. Or stand in silence. Or talk to your neebor.

snooky
24-03-2012, 10:53 AM
I must say my favourite time supporting the Hibs was when I had a season ticket in the old North Stand. Not just for the quality of the football at the time but for the atmosphere created by some great characters among the fans. Although we have a fine stadium now, it's lost that certain something we had back then (nostalgia I suppose :rolleyes:).
My first season ticket, (Row C, seat 58) which cost me all of £6, is among my Hibs memorabilia ... better stop now before I get overcome wi' emulsion.:Ummm:

Sorry, hope you don't mind if I gloss over that part. :offski: