PDA

View Full Version : Yams Billboard

leither17
23-03-2012, 08:54 AM
There is a billboard up on the western approach rd advertising their season tickets with let's paint this place maroon on it who is close with a tin of green paint haha

Bobo
23-03-2012, 06:34 PM
A couple of Yams in my work went to renew their season tickets today... they came back fuming saying that the info posted by the club stated that there would be no price increase for next season but when getting to the ticket office they were told that £70 was being added across the board for all season ticket renewals? By the time the punters in the queue had stopped complaining the extra cost had gone up to £90 instead of the original £70 :faf:

Anybody else heard Yams moaning about this?

Twiglet
23-03-2012, 06:40 PM
A couple of Yams in my work went to renew their season tickets today... they came back fuming saying that the info posted by the club stated that there would be no price increase for next season but when getting to the ticket office they were told that £70 was being added across the board for all season ticket renewals? By the time the punters in the queue had stopped complaining the extra cost had gone up to £90 instead of the original £70 :faf:

Anybody else heard Yams moaning about this?

Yeah, heard that too. Someone I work with was going on about how it was £270 for her new season ticket and this morning was complaining it was over £300. Not sure how much as it they were telling another Jambo, but they weren't overly happy.

Surely if there was no intention to sell them at the original price Hearts could get done by the Advertising Standards Agency for inaccurate advertising.:dunno:

Www1875hfc
23-03-2012, 06:40 PM
According to this,they have sold over 2000 season tickets today alone?

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20120323/record-day-of-sales_2241384_2690459

Onceinawhile
23-03-2012, 06:42 PM
They are doing dynamic pricing, which is more or less how ryanairs pricing model works, not entirely sure how hawrts are doing it though

Hibernia&Alba
23-03-2012, 06:46 PM
They are doing dynamic pricing, which is more or less how ryanairs pricing model works, not entirely sure how hawrts are doing it though

So prices change minute by minute according to availability. Sounds like they are trying to get money in as quickly as possible, which surely wouldn't be linked to their inability to pay players? :devil:

Massive club, Scotland's third force :faf:

NAE NOOKIE
23-03-2012, 07:00 PM
This must be on the back of Ian Black's T shirt at ER a few weeks ago. What a brilliant marketing ploy.

It would be an awfull shame if somewhere down the line it was shoved up their arsh.

Wouldnt it ?

:greengrin

down-the-slope
23-03-2012, 07:00 PM
So prices change minute by minute according to availability. Sounds like they are trying to get money in as quickly as possible, which surely wouldn't be linked to their inability to pay players? :devil:

Massive club, Scotland's third farce :faf:

:tsk tsk: tut tut should spell things correctly first time

Hibernia&Alba
23-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Raging on Yambo Hunchback forum

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/108846-warning-to-st-holders-dynamic-pricing-grumbles-merged/

We all know that Jambos are as tight as two coats of paint, and this has them spewing.

Kevvy1875
23-03-2012, 07:10 PM

Massive club, Scotland's third Reich :faf:

:tsk tsk: tut tut should spell things correctly first time

Fixed that for you.:agree:

bruno
23-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Yeah, heard that too. Someone I work with was going on about how it was £270 for her new season ticket and this morning was complaining it was over £300. Not sure how much as it they were telling another Jambo, but they weren't overly happy.

Surely if there was no intention to sell them at the original price Hearts could get done by the Advertising Standards Agency for inaccurate advertising.:dunno:
I was one of many to get a shock today. Was well chuffed with my renewal price when i saw it. Well down on last year. To get this price i'd need to have got in by half 9. By time i bought at 12 had gone up 70 quid for our tickets. So i panic bought in case went up more. Now end of tonight still same price and it's exactly what we paid last year.the price was quitedeceiving as said for very limited period or am i just naive thinking that would been week or 2. Ideally i'd have waited til end april but felt need to buy it today. Hearts aggressive policy may have paid off but would also left alot disgruntled people. Selling 2000 on first day is good and in cold light of day those that didn't buy today because they pissed off will stroll up at end of season and will buy at slightly higher than last year.

Mikey
23-03-2012, 07:23 PM
I was one of many to get a shock today. Was well chuffed with my renewal price when i saw it. Well down on last year. To get this price i'd need to have got in by half 9. By time i bought at 12 had gone up 70 quid for our tickets. So i panic bought in case went up more. Now end of tonight still same price and it's exactly what we paid last year.the price was quitedeceiving as said for very limited period or am i just naive thinking that would been week or 2. Ideally i'd have waited til end april but felt need to buy it today. Hearts aggressive policy may have paid off but would also left alot disgruntled people. Selling 2000 on first day is good and in cold light of day those that didn't buy today because they pissed off will stroll up at end of season and will buy at slightly higher than last year.

If Hibs had done that we'd be breaking out the emergency server :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
23-03-2012, 07:25 PM
The prices attached to the PBS season tickets is a disgrace !!! :grr:

I would expect to be paid a hell of a lot more than that before I would get one :greengrin

Jones28
23-03-2012, 07:38 PM
2000 on the first day of sales?! Jeezo...

Still a laughing stock like :greengrin

down-the-slope
23-03-2012, 07:39 PM

Bruno...Its a masterstroke...cause a panic rush of purchases predicated on the worry that price will rocket...probably only 10 in each cat sold cheap...and they were never going to get too expensive or there would be a revolt and dramatic reduction in sales latter in process...

Meantime cash flow is sorted for another month.....

bruno
23-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Bruno...Its a masterstroke...cause a panic rush of purchases predicated on the worry that price will rocket...probably only 10 in each cat sold cheap...and they were never going to get too expensive or there would be a revolt and dramatic reduction in sales latter in process...

Meantime cash flow is sorted for another month.....
I've heard it was 250 in each section but your right i was suckered but i'm happy we've got our same seats good position in wheat field for 520 for me and 14 year old. players wages will be paid and we've got a cup final versus hibs to look forward to. What could possibly go wrong!!!

Mikey
23-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I've heard it was 250 in each section but your right i was suckered but i'm happy we've got our same seats good position in wheat field for 520 for me and 14 year old. players wages will be paid and we've got a cup final versus hibs to look forward to. What could possibly go wrong!!!

When you say a good position, is that kinda central?

An adult and 14 year old in the East or West at ER would be £575 by my reckoning. Do you get anything else, such as a cup top up?

It would only be £450 in the FF Lower.

bruno
23-03-2012, 08:24 PM
My seat is right on half way line 8 rows up big hike in price if i go further back. My son's season ticket 2 years ago was £25 now it's £240 but he's hooked so don't mind paying it. There's no cup top up and i think that's a missed opportunity

grunt
23-03-2012, 08:40 PM
2000 tickets at an average of say £250 gives them £500,000, which is a big cash boost for them.
Of course, the fact that they are going to use that money to pay this year's salaries and other costs, means that they will have nothing left to pay the salaries come August...

Even if I was a Hearts fan, I would be thinking long and hard before buying a season ticket with their finances in the state they are.

down-the-slope
23-03-2012, 08:40 PM
My seat is right on half way line 8 rows up big hike in price if i go further back. My son's season ticket 2 years ago was £25 now it's £240 but he's hooked so don't mind paying it. There's no cup top up and i think that's a missed opportunity

Pretty much same as my West Lower ticket for me and daughter then...

Main difference seems to be the diffrent prices in Tynie for different areas (partly i understand this due to old stand etc) where as ER is pretty much same in every area bar a few quid (with exception of family deal in FF lower)

I think that halfway line should be more expensive (or if you like wings / behind goals cheaper)

With technology a membership card where you buy a ticket at say £22...next £21.50..next £21...next £20.50 etc etc so that those going to all 19 home games would end up paying £12 for last match is the way to go and get loyalty and reward...

wazoo1875
23-03-2012, 08:56 PM
I think Down The Slopes idea is a great one re. pricing. Does anyone know if any other clubs use this sort of structure?

With regards to Hearts STs, a master stroke by the club to get some much needed revenue in! With 2000 sold today(if accurate)then the vladsheep fell for the bait, hook , line and sinker!!

Www1875hfc
23-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Raging on Yambo Hunchback forum

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/108846-warning-to-st-holders-dynamic-pricing-grumbles-merged/

We all know that Jambos are as tight as two coats of paint, and this has them spewing.

Took this from the paraffin lamps website. :greengrin

what a load of pish this is i phoned up to pay my £270 at 9 am and they told me its now up to £300 after only 30 mins of being on sale, i have been a season ticket holder for over 40 years and i said to them they can stick it i wont be pissed about like this how can they put up prices with only 30 mins of being on sale total farce

frazeHFC
23-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Where is our snowman destroyer? :greengrin Get him on the case :thumbsup:

Hibrandenburg
23-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Got a feeling that those who have forked out money for a season ticket today may just have to pay again next year at walk up prices. Anyone who pays up front for that lot really need their heads looking at.

Www1875hfc
23-03-2012, 09:51 PM
What about this belter

" You think that Hearts - who have not sold out for seasons - are going to get more fans coming to games when there are significant price rises every few minutes? "

And they say we get dressed up as seats ? :faf:

C'mon guys your a BIG club, every BIG club hikes up season tickets by the hour. :greengrin

Mikey
23-03-2012, 09:54 PM
What about this belter

" You think that Hearts - who have not sold out for seasons - are going to get more fans coming to games when there are significant price rises every few minutes? "

And they say we get dressed up as seats ? :faf:

C'mon guys your a BIG club, every BIG club hikes up season tickets by the hour. :greengrin

If he hadn't taken time out to whine about ticket prices on Kickback he could have saved himself 50 quid :greengrin

jst1875
23-03-2012, 11:51 PM

you could have got them for a fraction of that price ........ but you would have been forced to sit in the seats facing the pitch !

Kaiser1962
24-03-2012, 05:45 AM

:agree:

All part of their cunning plan to meet the financial fair play regulations. Clubs everywhere do it, apparently, a bit like not paying wages I suppose.

Anyway, heres the explanation to the Orcs.....

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20120320/bseason-tickets-qab_2257176_2685496

Matty_Jack04
24-03-2012, 07:10 AM
2 associates of mine yam season ticket holders for 15/18 year have told them to stick it ones seat price rose 20% in 20mins of being on sale!

Still tho 2000 in one day is a big shift

Judas Iscariot
24-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Where is our snowman destroyer? :greengrin Get him on the case :thumbsup:

Whereswallace where are you?

:not worth

weecounty hibby
24-03-2012, 08:17 AM
2000 tickets at an average of say £250 gives them £500,000, which is a big cash boost for them.
Of course, the fact that they are going to use that money to pay this year's salaries and other costs, means that they will have nothing left to pay the salaries come August...

Even if I was a Hearts fan, I would be thinking long and hard before buying a season ticket with their finances in the state they are.

This is where your argument fails. How many of them are actually capable of this. Anyone, whether it is a fan, supplier or sponsor who pays this mob now for next season seriously needs their heads examined.

Barney McGrew
24-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Still tho 2000 in one day is a big shift

It's only because of their 'dynamic' pricing.

If we did something similar, we'd have shifted a huge number on day one too.

Billy Whizz
24-03-2012, 08:27 AM
It's only because of their 'dynamic' pricing.

If we did something similar, we'd have shifted a huge number on day one too.

How many of the 2,000 have been shafted though. Sounds a bit like the "Price is right" higher or lower. You can hear them on the phones when they think there getting a bargain

whereswallace?
24-03-2012, 08:48 AM

Whereswallace where are you?

:not worth

:devil:

lyonhibs
24-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Am I reading this right?? That how much you paid for a season ticket at Crimecastle depended on exactly WHEN in the day you bought it???!!!:confused:

Wonders never cease at a) How that club is run and b) how many Yambolinos just bend over and take it with - if anything - a feeble murmur of complaint.

I absolutely love this:

Why have previous benefits and offers been removed from the season ticket package?
Having spoken to a number of supporters it was clear that the benefits received before were viewed as "nice-to-haves" but didn't add any real value to the season ticket and did not affect the overall decision whether to purchase a season ticket or not. As such the club can again increase operational and financial efficiency by reducing these elements from the season ticket package

There not even trying to hide the fact they're robbing their supporters blind are they? At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask............

Alan62
24-03-2012, 09:09 AM
The really good news on all of this is that they'll be using a substantial chunk of next year's money (the cash they're getting for season tickets now) to pay for what's left of this year's campaign.

down-the-slope
24-03-2012, 09:17 AM
With technology a membership card where you buy a ticket at say £22...next £21.50..next £21...next £20.50 etc etc so that those going to all 19 home games would end up paying £12 for last match is the way to go and get loyalty and reward...

I think Down The Slopes idea is a great one re. pricing. Does anyone know if any other clubs use this sort of structure?

I'll be expecting a day in hospitality if the club adopt that method :greengrin

frazeHFC
24-03-2012, 09:23 AM
:devil:

:not worth :not worth :not worth

Don Giovanni
24-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Got a feeling that those who have forked out money for a season ticket today may just have to pay again next year at walk up prices. Anyone who pays up front for that lot really need their heads looking at.

:agree: Every chance.

We might not be sure which division we'll be in next season but at least we know our season tickets will be valid and that the club will still exist this time next year.

PaulSmith
24-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Platinum seats in wheat field now start at £480.. Prices seem to be going up as the days go on.
I thought the dynamic pricing would be a decent idea if done correctly but this seems more like a 'con' each day it passes

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Am I reading this right?? That how much you paid for a season ticket at Crimecastle depended on exactly WHEN in the day you bought it???!!!:confused:

Wonders never cease at a) How that club is run and b) how many Yambolinos just bend over and take it with - if anything - a feeble murmur of complaint.

I absolutely love this:

Why have previous benefits and offers been removed from the season ticket package?
Having spoken to a number of supporters it was clear that the benefits received before were viewed as "nice-to-haves" but didn't add any real value to the season ticket and did not affect the overall decision whether to purchase a season ticket or not. As such the club can again increase operational and financial efficiency by reducing these elements from the season ticket package

There not even trying to hide the fact they're robbing their supporters blind are they? At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask............

That's shocking. I don't know what the previous season ticket benefits were (cup top up perhaps?) but the club are claiming that, having spoken to fans, they have been told the benefits aren't wanted and that the Yams would rather pay for them!! That club is falling to bits.

Hibrandenburg
24-03-2012, 10:46 AM
That's shocking. I don't know what the previous season ticket benefits were (cup top up perhaps?) but the club are claiming that, having spoken to fans, they have been told the benefits aren't wanted and that the Yams would rather pay for them!! That club is falling to bits.
I can (maybe) understand a club using a dynamic ticket sales system for individual games when a sell out is as good as guaranteed. But to use this system to sell season tickets is nothing short of a rip-off. If that's how the Yams reward their loyal supporters, then more fool them.

bighairyfaeleith
24-03-2012, 10:53 AM
ok so they have sold the first 2000 really quick, but now the price has jumped so high I can't see why anyone else would bother??

surely it must hit a point where it is cheaper to just buy at the gate.

Also is this in anyway being controlled, I mean does some lith in a back office just keep putting the prices up whenever he feels like it or is there actually some formula that controls the pricing.

Either way if I was a ****bo i would be raging, however I'm not so i'm just :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
24-03-2012, 10:54 AM
forgot to say, no way any of that money will still be in place next season, so not only are hearts fans paying extra, there is also a good chance the games won't actually get fulfilled. What a bunch of ****ing muppets.

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Will hearts allow fans on the payment plan to pay their monthly payment late on the months when cash is a bit tight in the average jambo household?

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Will hearts allow fans on the payment plan to pay their monthly payment late on the months when cash is a bit tight in the average jambo household?

Aye, and to blame it on fringe family members draining the household income :faf:

Seveno
24-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Aye, and to blame it on fringe family members draining the household income :faf:

:top marks

Capt Mainwaring
24-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Looks like a complete and utter rip off by Hearts.

The pricing adverts are cute and misleading. It uses the term "current" prices but gives no detail on the trigger at which the prices change or what they change to. Looks like they are only changing upwards and by such narrow timespans that you could join the end of the queue thinking you paying one price - to reach the top of the queue and pay another.

Hearts fans have every reason to feel agrieved - usually have no sympathy with them, but they are being taken for fools here.

So whilst they will have sold 2000 so far , how many more will they sell, and how much bad feeling must there be for the fans who have bought but at a higher price than they expected!

If the pricing is dynamic - is there a chance that when the sales slow down , that Hearts will reduce the prices in the same sections that punters have already bought at a higher price?

They would be better just holding a Raffle!!

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Looking at the the way it works, it just seems so unseemly and crass; getting fans to cut each others throats to save a few quid by getting in first. Then again, unseemliness and crassness are key requirements of PBS membership.

What's wrong with an old fashioned early bird offer that gives everyone the same chance? Well, obviously it wouldn't raise the money immediately required to pay the players.

Hibby70
24-03-2012, 11:47 AM

The pricing adverts are cute and misleading. It uses the term "current" prices but gives no detail on the trigger at which the prices change or what they change to. Looks like they are only changing upwards and by such narrow timespans that you could join the end of the queue thinking you paying one price - to reach the top of the queue and pay another.

Hearts fans have every reason to feel agrieved - usually have no sympathy with them, but they are being taken for fools here.

So whilst they will have sold 2000 so far , how many more will they sell, and how much bad feeling must there be for the fans who have bought but at a higher price than they expected!

If the pricing is dynamic - is there a chance that when the sales slow down , that Hearts will reduce the prices in the same sections that punters have already bought at a higher price?

Guy on P&b saying prices have come down again. This is hilarious, who is making this pricing system up, Rodney?

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Another striking thing on the Kickback meltdown thread is the number of Yams who refer to themselves as customers. What a strange way to describe a football supporter. It's a football club, not a supermarket. I'd be very offended if I was referred to as a customer. A lifetime of passion and emotional connection have nothing to do with being a customer. Yam clowns.

bighairyfaeleith
24-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Another striking thing on the Kickback meltdown thread is the number of Yams who refer to themselves as customers. What a strange way to describe a football supporter. It's a football club, not a supermarket. I'd be very offended if I was referred to as a customer. A lifetime of passion and emotional connection have nothing to do with being a customer. Yam clowns.

Give it time:wink:

Steve-O
24-03-2012, 12:09 PM
I can understand Black's t-shirt at ER, with it being green and all, but their marketing slogan is based on painting Tynecastle maroon? :confused:

Maybe they are finally admitting quite a bit of it is pink.

H18sry
24-03-2012, 12:12 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/news/hearts-fans-cry-foul-over-ticket-deal-own-goal-1-2194272 :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Give it time:wink:

:clapper:

:hilarious

:top marks

Steve-O
24-03-2012, 12:21 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/news/hearts-fans-cry-foul-over-ticket-deal-own-goal-1-2194272 :thumbsup:

2000 sold and Hertz claim the % of complainers out of that lot was 0.001%? Can a mathematician help me out here...?

Onceinawhile
24-03-2012, 12:38 PM
2000 sold and Hertz claim the % of complainers out of that lot was 0.001%? Can a mathematician help me out here...?

2 people. Which seems the opposite to what we've seen.

GreenPJ
24-03-2012, 12:55 PM
2 people. Which seems the opposite to what we've seen.

:confused:

Greentinted
24-03-2012, 01:33 PM

No sympathy here, they have been the authors of their own misfortune by behaving in the most odious of servile ways:
The constant references to MISTER Romanov and it's implicit deference.
The acceptance that Romanov (at the very least) has an input into team selection.
The lack of any material protest for their habitual hiring without firing convicted sex offenders, and the acceptance of the word 'hero' to describe these offenders.
The manner by which they buy into, and in many cases endorse, the profligate financial mismanagement whilst embracing the criminal administration of the club's finances (eg. "ach, it's ok, the wages are only 1/2/3/4 weeks late")

If they choose the folly of paying upfront for a product that may very well never materialise that's there lookout. They're not known for their intelligence or foresight.

Rather a lifetime as a beleaguered Hibby, than a day as a deluded daftie from over the road.

Oh and did they no have a raffle once with some enterprising crook doing a swift bolt with the prize and the money?

Dashing Bob S
24-03-2012, 01:41 PM
ok so they have sold the first 2000 really quick, but now the price has jumped so high I can't see why anyone else would bother??

surely it must hit a point where it is cheaper to just buy at the gate.

Also is this in anyway being controlled, I mean does some lith in a back office just keep putting the prices up whenever he feels like it or is there actually some formula that controls the pricing.

Either way if I was a ****bo i would be raging, however I'm not so i'm just :greengrin

You're forgetting two things; 1) these clowns don't have the mental capacity to realize that they are being ripped off, 2) if they somehow did cotton on they would enjoy it because bending over and being shafted is in their nature.

About 2 out 2,000 comprehending the situation and having the gnads to complain to the club sounds about right, though a bit high to me.