PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Green Day planned for Scottish Cup Semi Final

Hibs12thMan
22-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Following a meeting on Wednesday with the management of Hibernian FC, the club will shortly announce a joint activity aimed at covering Hampden Park in a sea of green on Saturday 14th of April. Dust off that favourite Hibs top, take along your scarf to sing along with Sunshine on Leith in the pre-match display. Pop along to the club shop and buy a flag or extras for the family - hats, foam hands, clap banners. Paint those faces. Wear the colours with pride.

Let us all turn one half of Hampden into an enormous Hibee singing section. Activists from Sect43 will make sure that all our massive flags, banners, two-sticks and wavy flags will be on display. One supporter has spent £300 buying a huge supply (six hundred!!) 50 foot green and white streamers. Someone else is spending £500 buying 10,000 A3 green and white cards for our first ever special display so we can all greet the Hibernian team coming out the tunnel.

So over the next few weeks start planning YOUR contribution to our Hampden Green Day. Order or make a family or group flag. Bring green confetti. Bring inflatables. Let's have a real party day out and make Hampden a wall of GREEN for 2 hours.

We want to repay the faith shown by these supporters to raise the money required to pay for our Hibs display. Some of them will be spending the week before the game planning to make the day even more special.

Donations can be made via paypal to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk (hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk) or alternatively seek out any of the Sect 43 volunteers at the top of Section 43 in the East Stand terraces and donate face to face.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Wow! Some amount of effort going into this by the looks of it, well done to all concerned. Personally I think this sort of effort is more worthy of a final. To me a semi final is just that and while I will be going and hoping to enjoy myself it will never be the special occasion that a final is.

I applaud the massive efforts and personal contributions made by those who will make this happen. :flag:

H18sry
23-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Wow! Some amount of effort going into this by the looks of it, well done to all concerned. Personally I think this sort of effort is more worthy of a final. To me a semi final is just that and while I will be going and hoping to enjoy myself it will never be the special occasion that a final is.

I applaud the massive efforts and personal contributions made by those who will make this happen. :flag:

Everything can be reused for the final :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Everything can be reused for the final :thumbsup:

:greengrin Really I never thought of that! :thumbsup:

Wait, who's gonna collect and roll up the 50ft streamers?

clerriehibs
23-03-2012, 08:03 AM

Maybe these lads think it's more a case of ramping it up from game to game, regardless of semi-final, 1st match in the 3rd round, or final. So if the semi-final spectacular does come off and we do make it through, the efforts in the final will have to be even better. And if we're in the final, they will be. So hats off and well done to these lads for making this effort.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Maybe these lads think it's more a case of ramping it up from game to game, regardless of semi-final, 1st match in the 3rd round, or final. So if the semi-final spectacular does come off and we do make it through, the efforts in the final will have to be even better. And if we're in the final, they will be. So hats off and well done to these lads for making this effort.

:agree:

Stevie Reid
23-03-2012, 08:14 AM
:thumbsup:

DC_Hibs
23-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Great effort.

Even as little as a pound or two from people will make a difference so lets hope most on here can take 30 seconds of their time to donate whatever possible.
There have been plenty complaints about our support in recent times so things like this should be encouraged.

A good practice run for the final hopefully and something that will definitely capture the attention of kids who are the future of our club and maybe a boost for the players who should already be encouraged by the numbers we have compared to Aberdeen.

Another small step in the right direction.

Chuck Rhoades
23-03-2012, 08:32 AM
We are still aroud £800 short for card, materials, paints etc. So far we have plunged in £450 of our own cash.

Still wondering how I will get all the card in my car haha!

Any donations, no matter how small, really will help!

Cheers guys

DaveF
23-03-2012, 08:38 AM
We are still aroud £800 short for card, materials, paints etc. So far we have plunged in £450 of our own cash.

Still wondering how I will get all the card in my car haha!

Any donations, no matter how small, really will help!

Cheers guys

It's a great effort by you guys and I hope it comes off, but (and I'm NOT nit picking) can you clarify the costs and outlays please?

You are around £800 short for materials, but have put in £450 of your own money (which is fantastic). The earlier post stated that one fan had put in £300 and another £500 so I'm losing the plot as to how much is required \ already been spent on this thing?

Is the £800 needed to repay the two fans for their £300 and £500 donations? How does the £450 fit into all of this?

Chuck Rhoades
23-03-2012, 08:48 AM
To be even we would require £684. However, we don't expect to raise anywhere near this.

Breakdown is as follows:

10,000 pieces of card £489
Streamers £315
90m of material £220
Paints £90
Canes £30

Total cost so far is £1134.

We have raised £450 between ourselves and also half a dozen donations.

That leaves £684 to be raised.

Some members have offered to purchase things out of their own cash just now to ensure we are organised and gradually get it back by donations (card & streamers).

DaveF
23-03-2012, 08:52 AM
To be even we would require £684. However, we don't expect to raise anywhere near this.

Breakdown is as follows:

10,000 pieces of card £489
Streamers £315
90m of material £220
Paints £90
Canes £30

Total cost so far is £1134.

We have raised £450 between ourselves and also half a dozen donations.

That leaves £684 to be raised.

Some members have offered to purchase things out of their own cash just now to ensure we are organised and gradually get it back by donations (card & streamers).

Cheers - That's a hell of a cost and whole lot of effort for one display.

Good luck with the fund raising.

fat freddy
23-03-2012, 08:53 AM
fantastic effort...well done to those involved in organising this.

derekHFC
23-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Cheers - That's a hell of a cost and whole lot of effort for one display.

Good luck with the fund raising.

Maybe the guys should ask the club for a donation :dunno:

I'm sure RP could donate something out his pocket :devil:

Brooster
23-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Fantastic, respect to the guys organising this. Im going for 6 tickets after work and after hearing this im gonna pick up a foam hand and some confetti. Well done lads.

SlickShoes
23-03-2012, 09:14 AM
I just bought the black away top and was going to wear that, hope you don't all stare at me!:flag:

Darth Hibbie
23-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Maybe the guys should ask the club for a donation :dunno:

I'm sure RP could donate something out his pocket :devil:

Perhaps the players could chip in and donate a bit. Would be a fantastic gesture :agree:

Well done to the organisers :hibees

frazeHFC
23-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Should be class! It will be great seeing a sea of green and white.

GGTTH

:flag:

Keith_M
23-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Maybe the club could donate the players' fines. Sparky would have it paid in no time :wink:

I'll send a donation when I get home. Good luck guys and well done on all your efforts. :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
23-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Following a meeting on Wednesday with the management of Hibernian FC, the club will shortly announce a joint activity aimed at covering Hampden Park in a sea of green on Saturday 14th of April. Dust off that favourite Hibs top, take along your scarf to sing along with Sunshine on Leith in the pre-match display. Pop along to the club shop and buy a flag or extras for the family - hats, foam hands, clap banners. Paint those faces. Wear the colours with pride.

Let us all turn one half of Hampden into an enormous Hibee singing section. Activists from Sect43 will make sure that all our massive flags, banners, two-sticks and wavy flags will be on display. One supporter has spent £300 buying a huge supply (six hundred!!) 50 foot green and white streamers. Someone else is spending £500 buying 10,000 A3 green and white cards for our first ever special display so we can all greet the Hibernian team coming out the tunnel.

So over the next few weeks start planning YOUR contribution to our Hampden Green Day. Order or make a family or group flag. Bring green confetti. Bring inflatables. Let's have a real party day out and make Hampden a wall of GREEN for 2 hours.

We want to repay the faith shown by these supporters to raise the money required to pay for our Hibs display. Some of them will be spending the week before the game planning to make the day even more special.

Donations can be made via paypal to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk (hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk). or alternatively seek out any of the Sect 43 volunteers at the top of Section 43 in the East Stand terraces and donate face to face.

Great effort - will really add to the occasion and getting to the final can not be underestimated - simply raising the profile of the club and the chance in a one off game to actually win the thing!!

What is the plan for the 10,000 pieces of card ? All green or will there be a message written for the players ?

I think half the challenge you will have is making sure people don't throw the streamers when the cards are being held up etc and you stagger the display. :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
23-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Any plans to take the hibs.net flag with you?

Hibs12thMan
23-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Great effort - will really add to the occasion and getting to the final can not be underestimated - simply raising the profile of the club and the chance in a one off game to actually win the thing!!

What is the plan for the 10,000 pieces of card ? All green or will there be a message written for the players ?

That would be telling :greengrin Green and white is all the clue you will be getting!!

I think half the challenge you will have is making sure people don't throw the streamers when the cards are being held up etc and you stagger the display. :thumbsup:

We hope that all Hibees will work in unison when the teams come out. Card Display in East Stand. Streamer, balloon, flag display in North

silverhibee
23-03-2012, 11:53 AM

Remember to wear your jester hat. :greengrin

GreenCastle
23-03-2012, 11:54 AM
That would be telling :greengrin Green and white is all the clue you will be getting!!

We hope that all Hibees will work in unison when the teams come out. Card Display in East Stand. Streamer, balloon, flag display in North

Sounds good - hopefully we shift all the tickets in the East Stand - to get maximum effect for the card display :agree:

Hibs12thMan
23-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Any plans to take the hibs.net flag with you?

It's crucial that every supporter or group takes their own flags as the Section 43 guys will be very very busy that day setting up and with their own stock. This will involve owners retrieving their flags from our storage probably at the Motherwell game. Arrangements have begun.

As for the Hibs.Net flag we will talk to Mikey separately

:flag:

silverhibee
23-03-2012, 11:56 AM

:applause::flag::top marks

Hibs12thMan
23-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Sounds good - hopefully we shift all the tickets in the East Stand - to get maximum effect for the card display :agree:

Garry O'Hagan said on Wednesday they will be sold in complete blocks. We and the club are planning accordingly.

essexhibee
23-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Great effort boys doing the club proud.

green&left
23-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Sounds excellent boys. I'll gladly chuck you's a few quid come payday.

Saorsa
23-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Sounds like a lot of effort is being put in tae this so a big http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/big-aok-g.gif tae those involved. I'll stick a score in tae your fund http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/thumbsupg.gif

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/flaghibsg.gif :flag: http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/whitegreenflag.gif

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/greenflare.gif http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/tootg.gif http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/totale2.gif http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/tootg.gif http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/greenflare.gif

Golden Bear
23-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Keep up the excellent work guys.

Just a thought - is there anyway you could identify yourselves prior to kick off tomorrow?

By that I mean you should perhaps consider wearing fluorescent bibs and have appropriately marked collection buckets as a means of ensuring that donations are going to the "correct" source.

And for us non Eaststandites, maybe you could consider collection points other than the East Stand. Perhaps in the main car park and outside the supporters club in Sunnyside?

lyonhibs
23-03-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm not usually that into this sort of thing, but a (hopefully) sunny day at Hampden is the perfect excuse for what you're describing.

A few thru'penny bits coming your way (no puns please!!)

Gatecrasher
23-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Sounds excellent boys. I'll gladly chuck you's a few quid come payday.
Same, sounds great :agree:

Chuck Rhoades
23-03-2012, 03:19 PM

Just a thought - is there anyway you could identify yourselves prior to kick off tomorrow?

By that I mean you should perhaps consider wearing fluorescent bibs and have appropriately marked collection buckets as a means of ensuring that donations are going to the "correct" source.

And for us non Eaststandites, maybe you could consider collection points other than the East Stand. Perhaps in the main car park and outside the supporters club in Sunnyside?

For those wanting to donate cash I will be at the Ladbrokes at the far end of the East stand (towards Away end). I will be there 2:30-3pm. As the username suggests, my name is Ross so just ask if you are unsure. I will be wearing either a navy or grey jacket and have dark hair!

Thanks for all the support so far, be great to reach the target by the end of the month to allow us to crack on at our flag making day on 1 April.

ShanksSaidNo
23-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Just out of interest - how much does this display depend on ticket sales?

Chuck Rhoades
23-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Just out of interest - how much does this display depend on ticket sales?

Not much really.

Club are selling block by block so we will know the night before what blocks are sold out and we will work on those sections.

Unlike SF against them when there were gaps everywhere.

Hopefully we can sell out 8/9 blocks in the East stand.

RIP
23-03-2012, 04:33 PM

I will be in Behind The Goals from @ 2pm

I will be standing near Mikey as I have to lob him cash for the Perth/Aberdeen/Dundee Bus. I'll be there till about 2.30

I'm a 6' 2" 1956 vintage grey/baldie wi sidies, white goatie, big turnups on ma jeans.

We are no allowed buckets as Hibs always have an official collection.

But don't worry - we will maintain a donators list by way of audit

ShanksSaidNo
23-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Not much really.

Club are selling block by block so we will know the night before what blocks are sold out and we will work on those sections.

Unlike SF against them when there were gaps everywhere.

Hopefully we can sell out 8/9 blocks in the East stand.
Good stuff. Wasn't sure if the display would require a packed Hibs end to work.
Lets get our half of Hampden all rigged out in green clobber, creatin an atmosphere that the players can really rise to.

Golden Bear
23-03-2012, 04:44 PM

I will be standing near Mikey as I have to lob him cash for the Perth/Aberdeen/Dundee Bus. I'll be there till about 2.30

I'm a 6' 2" 1956 vintage grey/baldie wi sidies, white goatie, big turnups on ma jeans.

Good stuff. I'll make a point of being there tomorrow providing they allow me in with my humble Club membership card.

:aok:

Chuck Rhoades
23-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Sorry to state the obvious here but don't we need to sell out for this to work? A few scattered cards will look an absolute joke across 20000 seats. Why don't we keep money for the final or in the event of going out, donate it to dnipro appeal

See post #36

Sweep
23-03-2012, 05:46 PM
20 quid sent via PayPal. Canny wait to see it. :flag::pfgwa:pfgwa:flag:

Sweep
23-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Where will section 43 be sitting. I'd like to get my tickets for that area?

Keith_M
23-03-2012, 06:00 PM
......... Card Display in East Stand.........

I'm not deliberately meaning to sound negative but, how do you plan to get everybody in their seats in time for the display?

Scottish fans are notorious for arriving late at matches and being in their seats well after kick-off. It would be a shame if the display was wasted because of this.

frazeHFC
23-03-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm not deliberately meaning to sound negative but, how do you plan to get everybody in their seats in time for the display?

Scottish fans are notorious for arriving late at matches and being in their seats well after kick-off. It would be a shame if the display was wasted because of this.

Hopefully for a semi-final people will be there in good time. It is true what you say, but one thing we can all do is encourage everyone we know to be in well in time. :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
23-03-2012, 06:12 PM
This is the trouble with winter football.

I always wear a Hibs top ( retro these days ) to ER but coz its freezing 2 thirds of the season its usually under a coat and how many folk wear a Hibs green coat.

Great idea though and I for one will try to get some green & white balloons, which will nae doubt blow across the pitch in that annoying way during the game.

:greengrin

At The Edge
23-03-2012, 06:32 PM

we'll be in the North, not sure what section yet, but hopefully everyone will be up for singing from all our stands,
will be a grand day!
:pfgwa

RIP
24-03-2012, 01:09 AM

Aye Scotty man - Section 43 dinnae sit - ever :greengrin

The club are working on a proposal as we speak so if anyone wants to be in a standing area where folk aim to sing for the whole match best to hold off buying a ticket for now

Glory Glory

Hibernia Na Eir
24-03-2012, 02:25 AM
78 bukta shirt is here,
canny wait for 14 Apr!!

jon paul jones
24-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Aye Scotty man - Section 43 dinnae sit - ever :greengrin

The club are working on a proposal as we speak so if anyone wants to be in a standing area where folk aim to sing for the whole match best to hold off buying a ticket for now

Glory Glory

THese colours prefer not to sit.......

For the retro 70's song for you happy clappers out there check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keZPBJRG7Jc

RCNG
25-03-2012, 12:49 PM
20 beans sent your way! Cant wait!!! :flag::pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag:

Chuck Rhoades
26-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Bump! Thank you to all who have donated so far it really is appreciated.

We are around £350 shy of where would like to be to pull off everything planned. Remember, every little helps!

We also have permission from Hibs/SFA to set up display on Friday the day before the match.

Cheers

frazeHFC
26-03-2012, 12:04 PM
If anyone wants to donate at the Inverness game on Sunday, give me a PM and i will arrange to collect. :aok:

It's gonna be a sea of green on the 14th of April. :flag:

RIP
26-03-2012, 03:30 PM

Good stuff. I'll make a point of being there tomorrow providing they allow me in with my humble Club membership card.

:aok:

Did you miss me? I was there at the bar looking lonesome? I did have my bunnet on mind :greengrin

More donations needed but hats off to all you folk who have lobbed us the price of a few pints (and in some cases the price of a curry as well)