PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon on Hibs TV

The_Horde
22-03-2012, 11:20 PM
In his latest interview whilst talking about ways to change our home fortunes, Fenlon says they've been looking at changing things at the end of the season in relation to the ground.

First thing that springs to mind is making the pitch smaller but did we not have to take part of the west stand away to accommodate the larger pitch? If so, would we be adding that back in or would one of either the East or West stands be further away from the pitch than the other? Or both further away?

The Green Goblin
22-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Was he specific? Did he mention any ideas?

The_Horde
22-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Was he specific? Did he mention any ideas?

No, not a thing. He just said changes in relation to the ground, then changed the subject.

Ozyhibby
22-03-2012, 11:28 PM
The way they're playing he could take about 70% of the seats out

The_Horde
22-03-2012, 11:31 PM
The way their playing he could take about 70% of the seats out

:agree:

Replace with terracing. :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
23-03-2012, 07:20 AM
the stadium and the pitch is excellent, just focus on getting fit, hungry and determined players good enough to play for the club and get us punching our weight.

away teams like our pitch funnily enough.

good teams should love playing on the pitch at ER, it's about time the management team got our own side doing so next season.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2012, 07:22 AM
That's if he's still here! :wink:

MSK
23-03-2012, 07:27 AM
;3157077']In his latest interview whilst talking about ways to change our home fortunes, Fenlon says they've been looking at changing things at the end of the season in relation to the ground.

First thing that springs to mind is making the pitch smaller but did we not have to take part of the west stand away to accommodate the larger pitch? If so, would we be adding that back in or would one of either the East or West stands be further away from the pitch than the other? Or both further away?I assume we would do what other clubs do when they reduce pitch width etc ...re-paint the lines where you want them ..

The_Horde
23-03-2012, 12:50 PM
I assume we would do what other clubs do when they reduce pitch width etc ...re-paint the lines where you want them ..

Aye but that would make the stands even further from the pitch and even less intimidating. It feels like you're at the cinema when you go to ER these days as it is.

Andy74
23-03-2012, 01:15 PM
He has mentioned before it's too pleasant all round for other teams. With it being international standard I'm not sure we could start messing with the away dressing room and that sort of thing.

Moving the pitch a bit nearer to the East might help as we don't have anywhere were players will feel intimidated getting close to like they did with the old East.

Other than that, ground wise, I can't think of what else we could do that would make us any more difficult to play.

The_Horde
23-03-2012, 01:20 PM
He has mentioned before it's too pleasant all round for other teams. With it being international standard I'm not sure we could start messing with the away dressing room and that sort of thing.

Moving the pitch a bit nearer to the East might help as we don't have anywhere were players will feel intimidated getting close to like they did with the old East.

Other than that, ground wise, I can't think of what else we could do that would make us any more difficult to play.

Fill it and be as noisy as we possibly can be? :greengrin

BEEJ
23-03-2012, 02:43 PM

Splitting the South Stand for Category B matches so that we get some Hibs fans in there on the lower deck? Lower ticket prices for Home fans in the South as an incentive?

:dunno:

Will be interesting to see what is proposed.

ancient hibee
23-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Only one set of goals into which only we shoot?

Should be good for a 0-0 draw.

Matty_Jack04
23-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Get the slope out of retirement?

NAE NOOKIE
23-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Standing areas in the lower FF and South.

Anybody who wants to move from the lower FF to get a seat can be offered the top deck at the same price or a move to the East for the same price. Get police with dogs and Tazers in to herd the singing section into the FF lower and Bobs yer uncle.

Move the pitch, not sideways, but length ways so that the goals at the south end are further away from the stand and the goals at the FF end are as near to the crowd as possible.

like a lot of you I was at Ayr and the atmosphere under that wee shed with 1,500 fans in it beat the East into a cocked hat. I bet PF thought that too.

:hyper: