PDA

View Full Version : Holiday booked for Scottish Cup Final weekend!

andy1875
22-03-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm booked to go on a stag doo to Tenerife from Thursday 17th - Sunday 20th May, all booked and paid for months ago. Just noticed to my horror that thats the Scottish Cup Final weekend.

Granted we might not even get there but IF we do, nightmare scenario!!!

Gutted like.......might get my apologies into the stag noo :wink:

Sean1875
22-03-2012, 01:53 PM
in fairness though an excessive amount of alcohol could be perfect come that weekend :greengrin

Franck Le God
22-03-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm away in the highlands doing fieldwork with uni that weekend. They've already been informed I'll be going AWOL for a few days if we make the final!

Mikey
22-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Schoolboy error :wink:

I did what I usually do. I found out the date of the cup final and kept that weekend clear.

To be fair, it's not normally an issue :greengrin

FastEddieFelson
22-03-2012, 02:20 PM
i'm in china on the 19th. i booked the flights just before the fifth round game against kilmarnock, knowing fine well when the final was. deary me.

M11BMO
22-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Snap Andy! Never even thought about that! Stag doo will be getting bumped if we get to the final!

andy1875
22-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Snap Andy! Never even thought about that! Stag doo will be getting bumped if we get to the final!

Can't believe it Bri mate, jus spoke to Arnott, he reckons it has to be Tenerife given the choice?

Its a stick on - we go to Tenerife, we win the cup.

We go to the game, we're out the ground by 4:20, 4-0 down and heed thumpin like a hookers headboard.

TENERIFE IT IS THEN lol :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
22-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Anniversary (#10) on 17th May, meant to take the wife away somewhere nice that weekend.... thankfully nothing booked yet.....

She won't mind though a w/e back in Scotland if there's a "need" for me to be there that w/e
:flag:

M11BMO
22-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Can't believe it Bri mate, jus spoke to Arnott, he reckons it has to be Tenerife given the choice?

Its a stick on - we go to Tenerife, we win the cup.

We go to the game, we're out the ground by 4:20, 4-0 down and heed thumpin like a hookers headboard.

TENERIFE IT IS THEN lol :greengrin

Hmmm im not sure about choosing Tenerife between the two mate! I rekon I'd take the gamble of a humping just for that 1% chance we might actually win it.

Anyway... talk about jumping the gun eh!? Aberdeen might make our decision a bit easier!:rolleyes:

Seveno
22-03-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm always away that weekend but always have contingency plans. The thought of missing it and having to wait another 100 years would be too much.

snooky
22-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Rest easy boys ..... going on past SC experiences .... :tumble:

ginger_rice
22-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm booked to go on a stag doo to Tenerife from Thursday 17th - Sunday 20th May, all booked and paid for months ago. Just noticed to my horror that thats the Scottish Cup Final weekend.

I was away last time we got to the final......actually when I think about it the last twice!

Going to be in Tenerife the day the semi-tickets go on sale, anyone know of a good internet cafe in Adeje?

BroxburnHibee
22-03-2012, 06:14 PM
I made the same mistake a few years ago.

Thankfully THEY did me a favour :greengrin

NOLA
22-03-2012, 06:48 PM

nothing to worry about mate, still have to play Aberdeen 1st :wink:

essexhibee
22-03-2012, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't worry tbh !!