PDA

View Full Version : Skacel in dispute with Agent

greenginger
22-03-2012, 01:05 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/news/hearts-star-rudi-skacel-refutes-agent-s-cash-claim-1-2189746

Rudi and his agent having a fight over agent's commission.

What is interesting is his salary is quoted as £159,000 per year, thats a fraction over £3000 a week and seems a bit low for the Big Team.

Also his agent wants £58,000 for agreeing an 18month deal , which is 25% of the total.

Are there significant add-ons to this deal and most importantly are they taxed ! and, are they on the contract registered with the football authorities ?

I think we should be told ! :aok:

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-03-2012, 01:20 PM
He's a rat and his agent is welcome to him, utter vermin

chrisski33
22-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Who cares!

CropleyWasGod
22-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Who cares!

As GG says, the SFA may.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-03-2012, 01:25 PM
The article is all wrong, it's even got him listed as a defender ffs :wink:

greenginger
22-03-2012, 01:26 PM
He's a rat and his agent is welcome to him, utter vermin

It would be good if the " Rat " sunk the good ship Tynie by revealing his contract details. :greengrin

.Sean.
22-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't understand why players can't negotiate deals themselves? The cuts that agents take are ludicrous.

Hibs7
22-03-2012, 03:06 PM
I don't understand why players can't negotiate deals themselves? The cuts that agents take are ludicrous.

Because the majority of them are thick.

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2012, 03:16 PM

:agree: Agents are the scourge of football, manufacturing move after move to line their own pockets. They have contributed hugely to inflated transfer fees and ridiculous salary expectations.

CropleyWasGod
22-03-2012, 06:10 PM

Seriously ? Can you imagine your average player negotiating with Rod? He would end up paying us....

Haymaker
22-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Because the majority of them are thick.

The clever ones use sports lawyers. Cheaper and cleaner!

Hibernia Na Eir
22-03-2012, 06:21 PM
he can shove his whispering and earcupping up his Rudy erse.

Greentinted
22-03-2012, 11:32 PM
:agree: Agents are the scourge of football, manufacturing move after move to line their own pockets. They have contributed hugely to inflated transfer fees and ridiculous salary expectations.

:agree: which has led to the suffocation of player-club loyalty resulting in an increase in fan disaffection and ultimate isolation.

Whenever I hear the phrase "football agent" I am reminded of the weasel-like Bill McMurdo who epitomises the not-undeserved cliche of the scheming parasite fluent in doublespeak.

*Edit* I don't particularly give a toss if the odious Skacel is taken all the way. As has been said, he'll be well versed in debt dodging courtesy of his employers' flexible policy in terms of paying ones dues. Hell mend him.

The Green Goblin
22-03-2012, 11:33 PM

Seem to recall that Sproule did when Mowbray was manager.

jgl07
22-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Seem to recall that Sproule did when Mowbray was manager.

I don't think that Keith Wright ever had an agent.

Even today a lot of players do not use agents. James Milner of Manchester City uses the PFA agency service

The Green Goblin
22-03-2012, 11:43 PM
I don't think that Keith Wright ever had an agent.

Even today a lot of players do not use agents. James Milner of Manchester City uses the PFA agency service

Indeed. Fair play to the guys who sort it out for themselves...

Haymaker
23-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Gareth Barry uses his best friend who never made it as a footballer. He only has Gareth as a client and Gareth has helped him earn a decent amount from his moves. Nice of him imo.

EdinMike
23-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Just a quick question as I haven't been in on the whole "Wage-Debacle" loop after the Rangers fiasco got boring. But were the Hearts players paid their full wages for the this month !?

If they still haven't weren't there meant to be massive juristictions made against them if they "failed" to pay again !? :agree:

Greentinted
23-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Just a quick question as I haven't been in on the whole "Wage-Debacle" loop after the Rangers fiasco got boring. But were the Hearts players paid their full wages for the this month !

Thus far, I believe they are still awaiting payment

If they still haven't weren't there meant to be massive juristictions made against them if they "failed" to pay again !? :agree:

Not too sure of the imposed sanctions but the common opinion is that the players have to submit another formal complaint to trigger any further punitive action

In the after match interview with the cardigan king, he was explicit - in that acceptant, subservient manner which is the hallmark of the yams - in his references to the financial turmoil which demonstrates the hand-to-mouth existence under-way over-by. I imagine they will be kept afloat this time by their share of the Cup replay gate receipts and whatever money SKY paid to broadcast the match.

greenginger
23-03-2012, 10:44 AM
http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/301232-footballer-rudi-skacel-taken-to-court-over-unpaid-fee-to-agent/

There seems to be something dodgy about the figures reported in this article regarding Skacel's wages.

Agent is looking for 69020 Euros commission, inclusive of German VAT at 19 %.

That is 69020 - 11020 = 58,000 Euros for Skacels contract which has been extended to 2 years at the commission rate of 10 %.

That would make the sum the commission was based on as 580,000 Euros or 290,000 per year and Skacel's contract is noted as 190,000 Euros per year.

That's 100,000 Euros per year unaccounted for ,and seems a suspiciously round number, to be made up from appearance and win bonuses, which I would not have thought the agent was due commission on.

Remember this contract was agreed by the player and Vlad in August 2010, long before the present Contract scrutiny, so I would not be the least surprised if the agreed deal was 190,000 Euros per year through the books and 100,000 Euros paid into his Chech. bank account direct from Lith. and free from taxes and not on his SPL contract.

Anyone got time to pop along to Court for the continuation hearing next month ?