PDA

View Full Version : Massive weekend

totalfootball
22-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Big games this weekend,Dunfermline at home to st mirren and us at home to utd. Say what you like about Jeffries but he'll have them really fired up and they'll definitely see this as a winnable game, us on the other hand have probably the most in form team in the league who are scoring lots of goals. If we come out of this weekend with our 4 point lead over the pars intact I'll be happy (unless we get gubbed ofc) desperately need a home win under our belts but were gonna have our work cut out against them. I'm can't see us keeping a clean sheet with daly, russell and mackay steven in their team so griffiths and co are gonna have to be on form and we need to win that midfield battle. Come on Hibs, about time we stood up to the plate and got a big win GGTTH

PatHead
22-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Like you don't expect anything out of this game but I think we will get something from Inverness. I am a bit worried about Jeffries being there and am glad they took so long to sack their last manager. Afraid the league relegation places aren't sorted yet.

Golden Bear
22-03-2012, 12:32 PM
It's still possible for St Mirren to be drawn into the relegation dog fight and that can only be a good thing for us as they can't afford to let their guard down against Dunfermline.

But right now I'd happily settle for our 4 point advantage to be intact after this weekend.

Stevie Reid
22-03-2012, 12:33 PM
I think every weekend is going to be a big one from now until the end of the season.

truehibernian
22-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Yet again for me it will boil down to midfield, and workrate. We lost on Sunday purely because our workrate was slack and we allowed Hearts too much time to play. Dundee Utd like getting the ball into the wide areas, specifically down their left side. Daly is a perfect foil for Russell, and their set pieces are excellent.

I'd go man for man, or an extra man in midfield, with Griffiths and Doyle up top.

United, guaranteed will want to fire as many deliveries as they can on top of Stack.....I would. Press a little higher up the pitch, allow Stack some space to be in no doubt what's his ball. At times we are too deep, and our midfield too detached from the front men.

And no Garry in the squad. Give young Caldwell his jersey.

Hibs7
22-03-2012, 12:45 PM
"It's still possible for St Mirren to be drawn into the relegation dog fight and that can only be a good thing for us as they can't afford to let their guard down against Dunfermline.

But right now I'd happily settle for our 4 point advantage to be intact after this weekend."

You may well be right, this could be a 3 way fight for survival, but I am confident Hibs can beat both these teams in the bottom 6 playoff's.

easty
22-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Jeffries will have them well up for it, but that wont be enough for them, they're a poor side and St Mirren will get at least a point.

Golden Bear
22-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Yet again for me it will boil down to midfield, and workrate. We lost on Sunday purely because our workrate was slack and we allowed Hearts too much time to play. Dundee Utd like getting the ball into the wide areas, specifically down their left side. Daly is a perfect foil for Russell, and their set pieces are excellent.

I'd go man for man, or an extra man in midfield, with Griffiths and Doyle up top.

United, guaranteed will want to fire as many deliveries as they can on top of Stack.....I would. Press a little higher up the pitch, allow Stack some space to be in no doubt what's his ball. At times we are too deep, and our midfield too detached from the front men.

Injured or suspended?

truehibernian
22-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Sorry, no, my personal preference mate - his form in my opinion is shocking, as is the attitude and physical condition. I'd rather see young Ross get his shirt.

BEEJ
22-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Sorry, no, my personal preference mate - his form in my opinion is shocking, as is the attitude and physical condition. I'd rather see young Ross get his shirt.
:agree: I would second that.

Stevie Reid
22-03-2012, 02:26 PM

I've been disappointed by Doyle's lack of involvement recently, he's really impressed me whenever I've seen him - he looks a smart player, with clever movement and a good touch, and obviously can finish. I thought we took him off too early against Killie in the cup, and that he should have been brought on in St. Mirren game.

johnrebus
22-03-2012, 02:31 PM

No, we need O'Connor.

Should be played in goal

With an erse the size of his there's, not much chance of getting the ball past it into the net......,

:greengrin

lord bunberry
22-03-2012, 02:43 PM
I've been disappointed by Doyle's lack of involvement recently, he's really impressed me whenever I've seen him - he looks a smart player, with clever movement and a good touch, and obviously can finish. I thought we took him off too early against Killie in the cup, and that he should have been brought on in St. Mirren game.

The problem with Doyle is he is to lightweight and dundee utd defenders will eat him up for breakfast the same way that the Celtic defence did on his last start.

essexhibee
22-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Fingers crossed St Mirren get a result because Dunfy will be right up for it with the new manager. Just looking back how incredibly lucky have we been this season with Dunfy being so bad. :confused:

Famous5forever
22-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Fingers crossed St Mirren get a result because Dunfy will be right up for it with the new manager. Just looking back how incredibly lucky have we been this season with Dunfy being so bad. :confused:

Dunfy are bad i cant see how bringing in a new Manager will make any difference after all its the same players fat jim is hardly in the Martin Oneal mould.

22-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Dunfy are bad i cant see how bringing in a new Manager will make any difference after all its the same players fat jim is hardly in the Martin Oneal mould.

Agree with what your saying but with a new manger in place who will be looking to see who he wants to have in his regular starting 11, everyone will be keen to impress and usually a new manger brings a lift to the team (usually not in hibs case I dare say!). I dislike Jefferies as much as the next hibs fans as he is a fat, arrogant tosser however, I think the pars have landed themselves a good manager who brings lots of experience and will defiantly have them up for the relagation fight especially since its against hibs, a team he hates.

Big weekend, as said before, can see Dunfermline getting at least a draw so its very important that we take something against Utd even though it will be a hard game, Utd are a good side.

totalfootball
22-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Don't agree with the bits about o'connor not being involved in the squad, form is temporary and all that! look we all know his form has been poor, put on weight, personal problems etc..... but he's due a goal and there's no doubt he's got a goal in him. Lets get behind him..... he got a brilliant reception at ayr and I thought he looked really hungry (no food jokes please) haha come on gaz :flag: