PDA

View Full Version : Celtc - Hearts semi final

JimBHibees
22-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Not altogether disappointed that Hearts are through as I think given the current empathy between they clubs that this game is going to be niggly in the extreme. Personal preference would be for Hearts to come through the tie and given they have a list of players on a yellow could be significantly weakened in the final. As far as I know Black, Zaliukas, Skacel among others are on yellow cards - I would be amazed if Black and Zaliukas didnt get a yellow in this game.

Our game is a 50/50 chance IMO so the potential is there for the winner of that tie to be in the final in a pretty good position.

Alex Trager
22-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Not altogether disappointed that Hearts are through as I think given the current empathy between they clubs that this game is going to be niggly in the extreme. Personal preference would be for Hearts to come through the tie and given they have a list of players on a yellow could be significantly weakened in the final. As far as I know Black, Zaliukas, Skacel among others are on yellow cards - I would be amazed if Black and Zaliukas didnt get a yellow in this game.

Our game is a 50/50 chance IMO so the potential is there for the winner of that tie to be in the final in a pretty good position.
Was arguing with one this morning, and quite frankly if we get through and they do, well bring them on. They are as bad as us. We'll win it.

Sir David Gray
22-03-2012, 10:48 AM
I want Celtic to win by a mile. Don't want them to be in the final, regardless of whether they're going to be playing us or Aberdeen.

A final against them would just be horrific!

pentlando
22-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm just glad that one of them isn't going to be in the final, if that makes any sense!

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Was arguing with one this morning, and quite frankly if we get through and they do, well bring them on. They are as bad as us. We'll win it.

As much as it pains me to even ask this, what makes you think we'd beat them? Its certainly not based on recent derby performances.

LancashireHibby
22-03-2012, 11:02 AM
I've no preference who we play really, I just hope they knock ten tons of crap out of each other in the semi.

Andy74
22-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Celtic for me, if we get there. At least if we don't win there's a European trip to look forward to. That's normally what we play the whole season for isn't it?

Golden Bear
22-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Celtic for me, if we get there. At least if we don't win there's a European trip to look forward to. That's normally what we play the whole season for isn't it?

:agree:

In a nutshell.

.Sean.
22-03-2012, 11:13 AM
I'd rather face Celtic in the final.

Lucius Apuleius
22-03-2012, 11:38 AM
On our day, I reckon we could beat either. Probably better chance of beating hertz IMO. If we get Celtc then we get Europe. However, what would you rather have, Eorope this season or Scottish Cup victory?

However!!!!!!! Bear in mind we are nowhere near the final yet!!!!

The Sea-gull
22-03-2012, 11:40 AM

The league table says otherwise by quite a distance. We would have a better chance of beating them than we would Celtic though.

offshorehibby
22-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Could never want hearts to win anything, ever.

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-03-2012, 11:45 AM
I want Celtic to win by a mile. Don't want them to be in the final, regardless of whether they're going to be playing us or Aberdeen.

Whether Hibs beat Aberdeen or not, I'd rather Hearts got beat in the semi final.

Franck is God
22-03-2012, 11:49 AM
for all that beating Hearts in the Scottish Cup final would be the greatest ever day in my life, losing a final against them could be the worst.

If we make it through then I'd rather we got Sellick in the final and as another poster said at least we'd get a Euro place even if we lost.

IFONLY
22-03-2012, 11:51 AM

No there`s not!!!!

JimBHibees
22-03-2012, 12:13 PM
I've no preference who we play really, I just hope they knock ten tons of crap out of each other in the semi.

Absolutely. :agree:

JimBHibees
22-03-2012, 12:15 PM
The league table says otherwise by quite a distance. We would have a better chance of beating them than we would Celtic though.

Agree with that, while losing to Celtc would have the benefit of a Europa place I think without question we would have more chance of beating Hearts in the final.

Onion
22-03-2012, 12:16 PM

:agree:Can't understand ANY Hibs fan wanting the Yams in the final of the Scottish Cup :confused: Just does't make any sense. Far too much to lose - the humiliation of getting beat (again) at a sunny Hampden with masses of empty Hibs seats and them celebrating 3 SC wins within last 15 years and into Europe - shudder the thought. Against, a minimal chance of us beating them.

Nope, Celtic cuffing that lot in the Semi, us getting to the Final with a chance of winning the SC, and a guaranteed Euro place would be just fantastic after such an horrific season.

JimBHibees
22-03-2012, 12:18 PM
:agree:Can't understand ANY Hibs fan wanting the Yams in the final of the Scottish Cup :confused: Just does't make any sense. Far too much to lose - the humiliation of getting beat (again) at a sunny Hampden with masses of empty Hibs seats and them celebrating 3 SC wins within last 15 years and into Europe - shudder the thought. Against, a minimal chance of us beating them.

Nope, Celtic cuffing that lot in the Semi, us getting to the Final with a chance of winning the SC, and a guaranteed Euro place would be just fantastic after such an horrific season.

We would have more chance of beating them IMO especially if they were to get through a bad tempered semi final with 2 or 3 key players suspended for the final.

Onion
22-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Agree with that, while losing to Celtc would have the benefit of a Europa place I think without question we would have more chance of beating Hearts in the final.

Any statos out there like to compare our record over the last 5 years against both the Yams and Celtic? I'll bet there isn't much in it. Our record v the Yams is horrific.

JimBHibees
22-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Any statos out there like to compare our record over the last 5 years against both the Yams and Celtic? I'll bet there isn't much in it. Our record v the Yams is horrific.

It is a shocking record no doubt though in this particular one-off game in Glasgow in a final I think we would have a better chance of winning.

Onion
22-03-2012, 12:24 PM
We would have more chance of beating them IMO especially if they were to get through a bad tempered semi final with 2 or 3 key players suspended for the final.

You must be young :wink:

Unfortunately, I've seen enough edinburgh Derbies over the last XX years so know that it doesn't matter how many Yam players are suspended, unpaid, injured or basically just crap - they will be far more up for the match than any Hibs team and will cuff us. On the rare occasions we've had the upper hand against them we've had genuine quality in the side eg TTs, McLeish's Hibs, the 2007 kids. At the moment, we're just full of pissh1ness.

Fife-Hibee
22-03-2012, 12:24 PM
We've been taken flack off these a..holes for 109 years. To beat them in the final would be oh so good !! Mind you" how many heart attacks would there be during the game ! Mine would probably be in the 1st minute !!

Onion
22-03-2012, 12:27 PM
It is a shocking record no doubt though in this particular one-off game in Glasgow in a final I think we would have a better chance of winning.

Yip, 109 yrs of history shows how good we've been with the sun on our backs in a one-of game in Glasgow in May :confused:

JimBHibees
22-03-2012, 12:32 PM
You must be young :wink:

Unfortunately, I've seen enough edinburgh Derbies over the last XX years so know that it doesn't matter how many Yam players are suspended, unpaid, injured or basically just crap - they will be far more up for the match than any Hibs team and will cuff us. On the rare occasions we've had the upper hand against them we've had genuine quality in the side eg TTs, McLeish's Hibs, the 2007 kids. At the moment, we're just full of pissh1ness.

If only. :greengrin Can remember going to derbies in the 70's when we beat them for fun.

Personally dont buy this they are up for it more chat, I tend to think in general teams that are better tend to win the game. I think if we were to get to the final that in this instance I think we would hvae a better chance of winning if we played Hearts than Celtc. In many ways Hibs appalling Scottish cup record could potentially work in our favour in that they would be petrified of losing whcih would effectively make disappear their main area of slagging Hibs and in one fell swoop dismantle by half their supporters songbook. :greengrin

JimBHibees
22-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Yip, 109 yrs of history shows how good we've been with the sun on our backs in a one-of game in Glasgow in May :confused:

History means nothing and would IMO have no impact on what happened if we were to meet in the final.

Onion
22-03-2012, 12:46 PM
If only. :greengrin Can remember going to derbies in the 70's when we beat them for fun.

Personally dont buy this they are up for it more chat, I tend to think in general teams that are better tend to win the game. I think if we were to get to the final that in this instance I think we would hvae a better chance of winning if we played Hearts than Celtc. In many ways Hibs appalling Scottish cup record could potentially work in our favour in that they would be petrified of losing whcih would effectively make disappear their main area of slagging Hibs and in one fell swoop dismantle by half their supporters songbook. :greengrin

Me too, those were the days eh? :green grin

Sorry to disagree, but didn't you go to the last match at Hampden against that lot, when a Hibs win would virtually guarantee us the SC ? Didn't notice the Yams choking on that one. Anyone watching the Hibs players warm up could see they were beat before a ball was kicked - and that was a MUCh better squad than the one we have just now. 0-4 that day. The Yams would LOVE to get us in the SC Final and likely avenge a scoreline from 1973.

Duffys13
22-03-2012, 12:57 PM

Sorry to disagree, but didn't you go to the last match at Hampden against that lot, when a Hibs win would virtually guarantee us the SC ? Didn't notice the Yams choking on that one. Anyone watching the Hibs players warm up could see they were beat before a ball was kicked - and that was a MUCh better squad than the one we have just now. 0-4 that day. The Yams would LOVE to get us in the SC Final and likely avenge a scoreline from 1973.

We all knew we were beat that day before a ball was kicked, I remember the reaction on the bus when our team was anounced. We had a lot of injuries and suspensions, was Whittaker not played in midfield if I remember correctly.

In response to the question though, could not handle Hearts in the final (should we get there) even if it we had a better chance of beating them.

scott7_0(Prague)
22-03-2012, 12:58 PM

They are as bad as us. We'll win it

Really... they are top6, the have beaten us all season by a country mile, yet you still think we will win and their form is as bad as ours. Yet we call them deluded.

Dashing Bob S
22-03-2012, 12:59 PM

Absolute cowardly loser nonsense. (Not you personally, the mentality on this issue.) Can't understand any Hibs fan not wanting this. Why are we football fans? Hibs v Hearts in the cup final is the game I dream off. That's why Hibs and Hearts are so poor, too many of the supporters on both clubs fear big games like these. We'd rather cocoon ourselves in mediocrity and enjoy the local bragging rights that attest to our flamboyant brilliance (6-2, 7-0) or their dull efficiency (22 games undefeated). The Old Firm are partly dominant because they have the confidence to know that if they lose a big game another will quickly come along. Both Hibs and Hearts have criminally underachieved for years in Scottish football. We should be playing in semis and finals regularly against each other, not seeing it as a once-in-a-lifetime thing. It's time we made the Edinburgh derby an occasion which went way beyond Edinburgh - a cup final is a great platform from which to relaunch Edinburgh football as a viable concern, rather than the local obsession of a dwindling band of people screaming gay and pedo songs at each other.

I would almost literally kill for a Hibs-Hearts final.

Monts
22-03-2012, 01:00 PM

Theres negativity, and then theres this.

What makes you think that?

Yes we had a much better squad back then, but our best players were either injured or suspended (or sold). They also had a much better team back then, but their best players were not either injured or suspended (or sold).

Killiehibbie
22-03-2012, 01:05 PM
I'll start thinking about it when/if we beat Aberdeen until then it doesn't matter.

JimBHibees
22-03-2012, 01:06 PM

Kind of disagree with that one. We were down to the barebones in that game (Benji playing his first game, Deek suspended) from what I remember and they had a much better team than they have now. Also need to take into account the Zibi factor and us down to 9 by the end. I actually think they would be petrified to play us in a final irrespective of what their initial bluster might suggest.

JimBHibees
22-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Absolute cowardly loser nonsense. (Not you personally, the mentality on this issue.) Can't understand any Hibs fan not wanting this. Why are we football fans? Hibs v Hearts in the cup final is the game I dream off. That's why Hibs and Hearts are so poor, too many of the supporters on both clubs fear big games like these. We'd rather cocoon ourselves in mediocrity and enjoy the local bragging rights that attest to our flamboyant brilliance (6-2, 7-0) or their dull efficiency (22 games undefeated). The Old Firm are partly dominant because they have the confidence to know that if they lose a big game another will quickly come along. Both Hibs and Hearts have criminally underachieved for years in Scottish football. We should be playing in semis and finals regularly against each other, not seeing it as a once-in-a-lifetime thing. It's time we made the Edinburgh derby an occasion which went way beyond Edinburgh - a cup final is a great platform from which to relaunch Edinburgh football as a viable concern, rather than the local obsession of a dwindling band of people screaming gay and pedo songs at each other.

Completely agree. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
22-03-2012, 01:10 PM

In last five seasons our record v Hearts is;

P-18
W-3
D-6
L-9

Over same period, our record v Celtic is;

P-19
W-3
D-3
L-13

There's really not much in it at all.

davym7062
22-03-2012, 01:14 PM
bring on the jambos. what a way to end the hoodoo :pfgwa

Killiehibbie
22-03-2012, 01:15 PM
In last five seasons our record v Hearts is;

P-18
W-3
D-6
L-9

Over same period, our record v Celtic is;

P-19
W-3
D-3
L-13

There's really not much in it at all.I'd rather play Hearts they only beat us half the time.

hibsbollah
22-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Assuming we get past the ovine ruminants, i'll be cheering on our pink neighbours against Celtc in the second semi. Beating them in the final will be legendary. A night for vintage Dom Perignon.

Phil MaGlass
22-03-2012, 01:24 PM

the whole post, especially the last bit, SPOT ON

wearehibernian
22-03-2012, 02:10 PM

Well said that man!:thumbsup:

Keith_M
22-03-2012, 02:12 PM
I'll start thinking about it when/if we beat Aberdeen until then it doesn't matter.

Spike Mandela
22-03-2012, 02:26 PM
On our day, I reckon we could beat either. Probably better chance of beating hertz IMO. If we get Celtc then we get Europe. However, what would you rather have, Eorope this season or Scottish Cup victory?

However!!!!!!! Bear in mind we are nowhere near the final yet!!!!

Sorry, on the evidence of this season there is absolutely nothing to suggest we could beat either of them even on our best of days.

If we had to get beat in a Final which could you handle the most? Celtic for me.

Pete
22-03-2012, 02:27 PM

Agree with this.

There's too much simpering here. We really shouldn't have anything to fear from hearts. The semi at hampden isn't relevant as the situation back then was completely different. Our derby record against them makes me think we are due a win against them. Its crazy when you look back over the last few years but its more to do with US not turning up, US giving up and HIBS bottling it. If we were to actaully go for it and have a good game against hearts in a final we would have a great chance even if they bring their A game. Celtic are better than hearts and if we ignore all these statistics and past results and start from year zero just for this one game we can do it.

I'd rather be a man for a day than a coward for a lifetime.

QMU-1875
22-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Sorry, on the evidence of this season there is absolutely nothing to suggest we could beat either of them even on our best of days.

If we had to get beat in a Final which could you handle the most? Celtic for me.

Not like you to be negative :greengrin! Edinburgh derby in the final, if were going to end this hoodoo lets do it in style :pfgwa

Spike Mandela
22-03-2012, 02:31 PM

Talk is cheap. Hibs would almost certainly fall short in this scenario.

Spike Mandela
22-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Not like you to be negative :greengrin! Edinburgh derby in the final, if were going to end this hoodoo lets do it in style :pfgwa

Ahhhhhh the innocence of youth! Thought I had taught you better. Life's a bitch, then you die!:cb

Dashing Bob S
22-03-2012, 02:35 PM

Nonsense. Who would they be playing, Barcelona?

Talk is cheap, but fear is contagious and lack of ambition is self-defeating.

Hibernia&Alba
22-03-2012, 02:36 PM
If we were to reach the final, I'd rather be playing Celtic. You could argue we'd have more chance of beating the maroonics, but Killie have just beaten Celtic in a final. It essentially comes down to the fact that hell will freeze over before I support Hearts in a semi-final, regardless of the great occasion the final would be.

Spike Mandela
22-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Nonsense. Who would they be playing, Barcelona?

Have you seen any of the Celtic or Hearts games this season? Get real man.

Jim44
22-03-2012, 02:47 PM
We don't do victories against Them or Celtic and I couldn't see us beating either with the poor team we have. The consolation of a couple of games in Europe surely has to swing it in favour of a Hibs- Celtic final. The gung-ho, jingoistic calls for a final against Them would end in tears IMHO.

seven nowt
22-03-2012, 02:55 PM
If your granny had baws she'd be your grandad.

Cup games and league games are different things. Hearts would feel the pressure just as much as us should it be a Hibs v Hearts final. There's a good while to go until then and football is an unpredictable game.

Dashing Bob S
22-03-2012, 02:56 PM

C'mon Spike! Man up! Yes, we've been poor this season, but as Kilmarnock have recently shown, there are no world beaters in Scottish football. Any fool would back Celtic to win the cup, and bookies will tell us that the winners will come from that semi, but any team left in the tournament has a chance of glory.

A Hibs-Hearts final, I would have that this year and every year.

bawheid
22-03-2012, 02:57 PM

It's attitudes like this that has us beaten in a derby cup final before the tie is even confirmed.

Hibs - the whole club - needs to stop collectively crapping itself from that lot. It's embarrassing!

hibsbollah
22-03-2012, 03:00 PM

cowardly lickspittle yamfuddery. With respect.

Mikey
22-03-2012, 03:02 PM
It's attitudes like this that has us beaten in a derby cup final before the tie is even confirmed.

Hibs - the whole club - needs to stop collectively crapping itself from that lot. It's embarrassing!

Yet the players get abuse for (allegedly) having the same attitude.

It's time everyone started to stand up to that lot. The number of people who come on here and say that we'll lose to them is ridiculous.

Pete
22-03-2012, 03:02 PM

Spot on. I'm sure some people would rather we just pull out the tournament now. I hope their attitude would change if the fixture did actually happen because attitudes like that filter down from the terraces and don't help. There's no logical reason for our derby record therefore it's more than possible to beat them...especially in a one off game.

I can't believe I'm talking like this about hearts. This is hearts not the brazil team from 1982. What the hell is wrong with some people???

22-03-2012, 03:05 PM
I'd rather face Celtic in the final.

:agree: IF and its a very big IF, we do make the final I would prefer celtic, even though to beat hearts in the final would be the ultimate high, loosing to them would be unbearable! If we were to loose, i would much prefer loosing to celtic than hearts! Not saying loosing to celtic would be ok, it would still be horrible but I think I could get over that easier. It also means that even if the worst came to the worst and we did loose, we have a European spot.

Was speaking to a jambo mate yesterday who said he wouldn't like to play hibs in the final, even though Hearts would be favourites to win. He said the idea of loosing to hibs and us ending our Scottish Cup hoodoo against hearts (who give us the most stick about 1902 etc.) would just be horrendous, so he's hoping its a hearts v Aberdeen final.

If the situation arises though, lets go into the game fearless and ready for a real fight. If we go into it scared and expecting the worst then we are beaten before a ball even kicked. Hearts are not a great side, on our day and if we show a bit of desire and fight then we can beat them and what better incentive to beat them than the Scottish Cup!

GGTTH - We Can Do It !

Spike Mandela
22-03-2012, 03:10 PM

Nah it's no. We accuse others of being delusional. We are the worst team left in the competition by a country mile. Sure, Hibs could win it but the only logical argument that could be put forward for Hibs actually winning it is "it's eleven men against eleven"

If we were approaching these games with the Sauzee team or the Mowbray team expectations could be higher but honestly this is the poorest team we have had for along time and we haven't beaten Aberdeen, Hearts or Celtic at all this season. In fact one win against Aberdeen is all we have to show against this lot for two seasons.

Acceptance of us as rank outsiders is a more healthy standpoint to take imo rather than bullish arrogance that we could beat anyone. Then, you never know the football fates might smile on us.

BonnieFitbaTeam
22-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Anyone watching the Hibs players warm up could see they were beat before a ball was kicked - and that was a MUCh better squad than the one we have just now.

It was a better SQUAD than we have now but since every first choice midfielder and striker was either injured, suspended or sold (quote, unquote), the actual team on the park that day probably wasn't.

Christ, the team bus picked Benji up at the airport on the way through to Hampden ! (I exaggerate for effect, obviously, but not that much).

JimBHibees
22-03-2012, 03:20 PM
:agree: IF and its a very big IF, we do make the final I would prefer celtic, even though to beat hearts in the final would be the ultimate high, loosing to them would be unbearable! If we were to loose, i would much prefer loosing to celtic than hearts! Not saying loosing to celtic would be ok, it would still be horrible but I think I could get over that easier. It also means that even if the worst came to the worst and we did loose, we have a European spot.

Was speaking to a jambo mate yesterday who said he wouldn't like to play hibs in the final, even though Hearts would be favourites to win. He said the idea of loosing to hibs and us ending our Scottish Cup hoodoo against hearts (who give us the most stick about 1902 etc.) would just be horrendous, so he's hoping its a hearts v Aberdeen final.

If the situation arises though, lets go into the game fearless and ready for a real fight. If we go into it scared and expecting the worst then we are beaten before a ball even kicked. Hearts are not a great side, on our day and if we show a bit of desire and fight then we can beat them and what better incentive to beat them than the Scottish Cup!

GGTTH - We Can Do It !

Exactly they would IMO be much more afraid of this game than Hibs as it could be all of their nightmares rolled into one. The current Hibs team are IMO improving and would be more than capable on their day of beating Hearts.

JimBHibees
22-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Nah it's no. We accuse others of being delusional. We are the worst team left in the competition by a country mile. Sure, Hibs could win it but the only logical argument that could be put forward for Hibs actually winning it is "it'seleven men against eleven"

If we were approaching these games with the Sauzee team or the Mowbray team expectations could be higher but honestly this is the poorest team we have had for along time and we haven't beaten Aberdeen, Hearts or Celtic at all this season. In fact one win against Aberdeen is all we have to show against this lot for two seasons.

Acceptance of us as rank outsiders is a more healthy standpoint to tske imo rather than bullish arrogance that we could beat anyone. Then, you never know the football fates might smile on us.

Nonsense we should have beaten Aberdeen the last time we played them. That semi final is a 50/50 game IMO.

Nando™
22-03-2012, 03:24 PM
I can never understand why some people would actually WANT to play Hearts during times when they are better than us, which now stretches to ~4 years. It's just blind, brainless optimism.

Even if a place in Europe was not up for grabs, losing to Celtic in the Final is a far more attractive thought than losing to the maroon folk.

London Hibs FC
22-03-2012, 03:26 PM

This :agree:

Hibercelona
22-03-2012, 03:42 PM
We've been taken flack off these a..holes for 109 years. To beat them in the final would be oh so good !! Mind you" how many heart attacks would there be during the game ! Mine would probably be in the 1st minute !!

We'd all be having heart attacks if we lost! :agree:

But you'd still have a heart attack even if we won, because you won't be here to witness it. :wink: :greengrin

Pete
22-03-2012, 03:44 PM
I can never understand why some people would actually WANT to play Hearts during times when they are better than us, which now stretches to ~4 years. It's just blind, brainless optimism.

Even if a place in Europe was not up for grabs, losing to Celtic in the Final is a far more attractive thought than losing to the maroon folk.

Blind, brainless optimism. That's football summed up.

Alex Trager
22-03-2012, 03:47 PM
As much as it pains me to even ask this, what makes you think we'd beat them? Its certainly not based on recent derby performances.

Every game is a different game, why do we dwell on past performances. They're rubbish that's why I think this. We could beat them if we played to our best..

Alex Trager
22-03-2012, 03:49 PM

Well its good it'd be in the cup then. They ARE as bad as us. I watched them on Sunday

Alex Trager
22-03-2012, 03:52 PM
They are as bad as us. We'll win it

Really... they are top6, the have beaten us all season by a country mile, yet you still think we will win and their form is as bad as ours. Yet we call them deluded.

As i've said, when you go into a NEW game, you should realise that past performances are irrelivant.
They are hardly a top six team, scraping into it. Why can't we win it? Maybe a little delusion is what's required after all its gave them three country mile wins this season.

Brebners Bookie
22-03-2012, 04:04 PM

What's the point of even being a fan then? You sound like you would much rather watch a meaningless game in the bottom six than a SC final Edinburgh derby, just because there's not much to lose.

I would love to go to a Hibs v Hearts final. It's because of days like that we all endure times like the last 5 Years!

Big Frank
22-03-2012, 04:28 PM
If we get through the very tough task of beating Aberdeen, then I would rather Hibernian faced the soapless. (Europe). I actually think we would have a better chance also!

Anyway **** hertz

cabbageandribs1875
22-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Hibs v sellick final ta very muchos, and if we fail to beat aberdeen i hope they get sellick as well, i want hertz tae get ****-all money from a final :cb very disappointed at st.mirren being rank last night :grr:

Spike Mandela
22-03-2012, 04:37 PM
What's the point of even being a fan then? You sound like you would much rather watch a meaningless game in the bottom six than a SC final Edinburgh derby, just because there's not much to lose.

I would love to go to a Hibs v Hearts final. It's because of days like that we all endure times like the last 5 Years!

Of course I would go. Just wish we weren't in this situation with one of the worst Hibs teams certainly in recent history. How come we never get to a SC final with the likes of Gretna?:boo hoo::wink:

HibbyDave
22-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know for sure whether the runners-up in the Scottish Cup get Euro (Assuming Celtc win it!)?

I thought this rule was changed.

jgl07
22-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Does anyone know for sure whether the runners-up in the Scottish Cup get Euro (Assuming Celtc win it!)?

I thought this rule was changed.

How many times is this question asked?

The rule has not been changed in that if Celtic win the cup and are already qualified for the Champions' League, the runners' up get a Europa League place.

The SFA have tried to change it several times after having the likes of Airdie, Gretna, Dunfermline, Queen of the South represent Scotland in Europe. UEFA have blocked this every time and will continue to do so.

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Agree with this.

There's too much simpering here. We really shouldn't have anything to fear from hearts. The semi at hampden isn't relevant as the situation back then was completely different. Our derby record against them makes me think we are due a win against them. Its crazy when you look back over the last few years but its more to do with US not turning up, US giving up and HIBS bottling it. If we were to actaully go for it and have a good game against hearts in a final we would have a great chance even if they bring their A game. Celtic are better than hearts and if we ignore all these statistics and past results and start from year zero just for this one game we can do it.

I'd rather be a man for a day than a coward for a lifetime.

bruno
22-03-2012, 04:59 PM

Hearts have not picked up any suspensions in scottish cup this season. However they have 8 players on yellows. Celtic have unsuspisingly 0 players on yellow cards. For what it.s worth i think celtic will not repeat their Hampden nightmare against killie.

Franck Stanton
22-03-2012, 05:22 PM

At last, someone speaking sense, we haven't won against them for 3 years, haven't won that cup for....well we all know how long don't we. To say we would beat them if we made it to the final is, well I'll be polite and say silly. We had the chance to beat them a few days ago and Hearts won at a canter, didn't even need to get out of 1st gear. Face it, we are crap and wont win the S/C this year.

Brebners Bookie
22-03-2012, 05:28 PM
At last, someone speaking sense, we haven't won against them for 3 years, haven't won that cup for....well we all know how long don't we. To say we would beat them if we made it to the final is, well I'll be polite and say silly. We had the chance to beat them a few days ago and Hearts won at a canter, didn't even need to get out of 1st gear. Face it, we are crap and wont win the S/C this year.

Well whether you like it or not, if we beat aberdeen then we are in the SC final, against hearts or celtic. We have a better chance of beating hearts, so that's who i want to play.

But you're right we should probably just concede the semi because there is no point even trying to win the cup is there.:rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
22-03-2012, 05:31 PM
How many times is this question asked?

The rule has not been changed in that if Celtic win the cup and are already qualified for the Champions' League, the runners' up get a Europa League place.

The SFA have tried to change it several times after having the likes of Airdie, Gretna, Dunfermline, Queen of the South represent Scotland in Europe. UEFA have blocked this every time and will continue to do so.

It really isn't rocket science.

IF we reach the final we get a European place, The amount of times i tell this to fellow hibs fans is staggering.

Hibernia&Alba
22-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Well whether you like it or not, if we beat aberdeen then we are in the SC final, against hearts or celtic. We have a better chance of beating hearts, so that's who i want to play.

But you're right we should probably just concede the semi because there is no point even trying to win the cup is there.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't be certain of that, BB. The pressure of a final in a local derby could inhibit the players more, though of course the same could happen to Hearts. Killie beat Celtic in a final

Anyway, the fact is I'm not supporting the Yams in a semi, and that's that :greengrin

Franck Stanton
22-03-2012, 06:17 PM

Now you are just being silly young man, at no time did I say we should just concede the semi-final, just some posters on here appear to be of the opinion we are already in the final. Worry about who the opposition is after we get there. As for the final itself , -- IF we do get there--- , IMO EITHER TEAM WE COULD FACE WOULD BE EQUALLY HARD FOR US TO BEAT, but, giveen the choice would opt for Celtic as IF we lost , we would still qualify for european football next season and to be honest, don't think I could stand all the yams nonsense about beating us in the final, christ it's bad enougfh them winning the semi v us but they woulod be unbearable if they were to beat us in the final. Hope this clarifies my viewpoint on the matter.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-03-2012, 06:29 PM

totally agree.
would be a nightmare if we met them in final and lost.

JimBHibees
22-03-2012, 06:47 PM
It really isn't rocket science.

IF we reach the final we get a European place, The amount of times i tell this to fellow hibs fans is staggering.

Is that not only if it is Celtic in the final?

IberianHibernian
22-03-2012, 11:10 PM
A place in Europe would be great but in reality it`d mean one or maximum two ties ( priority in summer will be building new team and starting league strongly whatever league we`re in ) so better to have a real chance of winning final and I reckon that would be much greater against Hearts ( reading some comments here you wouldn`t believe they are 6th in a terrible SPL , in semis after struggling in every round and only 2 years ago were below us in league , ... ) . A lot could happen between now and final ( injuries , suspensions , player protests about being paid late , managerial changes , ) and whatever happens I suppose at least half of both our squad`s and Hearts` will be leaving at the end of the season which could also affect motivation . Anyway , we`ve got three big league matches to worry about before semi where we`ll be underdogs though again shouldn`t go into game with any inferiority complex .

wearehibernian
23-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Lets face it, you have to be in it to win it as they say! Whether that’s against Hearts or not it should not matter…
The tide of history will dictate who we face, if and when, we get through.
Surely we should all dream (as other have alluded to) to the possibility of meeting Hearts in the final. A great opportunity to write past wrongs, and regardless of how crap we are at the moment perhaps the pressure would be all on them come the day?
I also agree that this would be a fantastic occasion, a great way to promote the Scottish game outside of the old-firm.
Anyway, Celtic will be absolutely 100 percent determined to get through the semi. So, we are a long way off even posing this question in the first place.

soupy
23-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Personally me thinks we should just wait until after the sheep game and find out whether were oot or in, it jist wouldny be like us to be over confident, then take a major boot to the hee haws.

No point in underestimating Aberdeen.......

HH81
23-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Providing we beat Aberdeen, I would like Hibs to play the team they have the most chance of beating.

Hearts it is then, does a derby worry me in a final? No chance bring it on.

TheMentalHibees
23-03-2012, 08:00 AM
All this talk of who we're going to play in the final is just setting us up for an even bigger fall when Aberdeen knock us out.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2012, 08:12 AM
How the hell have a team as bad as Hibs this season managed to get to the Semi Final of the Scottish Cup???? We're that bad we could even win the cup.

Hibernia&Alba
23-03-2012, 07:45 PM
How the hell have a team as bad as Hibs this season managed to get to the Semi Final of the Scottish Cup???? We're that bad we could even win the cup.

True. It can only be that old phrase of 'the magic of the cup'. To reach the final this year would be amazing yet bizarre. I don't think we'll beat Aberdeen, but let's give it a right good go.

Diclonius
23-03-2012, 08:25 PM

Celtic
Played: 19
Won: 3
Drawn: 3
Lost: 13
For: 16
Against: 39

Hearts
Played: 18
Won: 3
Drawn: 6
Lost: 9
For: 11
Against: 22

Capt Mainwaring
24-03-2012, 11:57 AM

Congratulations Onion. In two paragraphs you've successfully outlined the losing mentality that has been prevalent in this club and supporters for too long.

Dashing Bob S
24-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Exactly they would IMO be much more afraid of this game than Hibs as it could be all of their nightmares rolled into one. The current Hibs team are IMO improving and would be more than capable on their day of beating Hearts.

Yes, from the Yams I've spoken to the cowardly loserness fear of a Hibs-Hearts final certainly isn't limited to the green side of town. It's why Edinburgh football is happy to embrace the second class. When you look at the size of our clubs in a Scottish context we've met at Hampden in ONE semi since the war? That is an embarrasment and the fans of both clubs should be disgusted at that level of mediocrity.

snooky
24-03-2012, 12:40 PM

Don't think that game would be very good for my health - win or lose. So as D. Bannatyne would say, "I'm out"

(Well, I am, unless it actually happens :greengrin)

BTW, I think only the cup winners go into Europe whether it's Celtic or not.

Dashing Bob S
24-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Don't think that game would be very good for my health - win or lose. So as D. Bannatyne would say, "I'm out"

(Well, I am, unless it actually happens :greengrin)

BTW, I think only the cup winners go into Europe whether it's Celtic or not.

Andy...one more time?