PDA

View Full Version : Bwani Junction

The_Horde
21-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Anyone on here going to see them on the 30th at the hmv picture house?

Seen them at the same venue supporting the vaccines a few months back and was impressed, bought their album and looking forward to seeing them perform a bigger set.

For those of you thinking 'who?' they are a very decent young up and coming band from edinburgh, give them a search on youtube.

easty
22-03-2012, 08:38 AM
;3156274']Anyone on here going to see them on the 30th at the hmv picture house?

Seen them at the same venue supporting the vaccines a few months back and was impressed, bought their album and looking forward to seeing them perform a bigger set.

For those of you thinking 'who?' they are a very decent young up and coming band from edinburgh, give them a search on youtube.

I saw them supporting The Vaccines too, I was pretty impressed. Might look into going to this.

Calvin
22-03-2012, 12:14 PM
I've seen them a few times. Two Bridges is an outstanding track but I'm not too fussed on the rest of the album.

The_Horde
22-03-2012, 05:05 PM
I've seen them a few times. Two Bridges is an outstanding track but I'm not too fussed on the rest of the album.

:agree: And the video is decent tae.

The_Horde
22-03-2012, 11:30 PM
I saw them supporting The Vaccines too, I was pretty impressed. Might look into going to this.

:thumbsup: Dae it.

Don Giovanni
24-03-2012, 07:39 AM
I won't make the gig but my cousins band, Jakil, are also playing. Check them out at:
http://www.myspace.com/jakilonline

CropleyWasGod
25-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Listening to their album just now....and liking it.

Anyone any idea of the running order and times?

The_Horde
30-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Buzzing for this. I'd imagine bwani will be either last or 2nd last on.

CropleyWasGod
30-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Yup... that worked for me. :agree:

The_Horde
30-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Yup... that worked for me. :agree:

Did you go?

Bwani were awesome! :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
31-03-2012, 08:52 AM
;3163941']Did you go?

Bwani were awesome! :thumbsup:

I saw them a few weeks ago - my nephew's band were in support - but I wasn't at all impressed.

In fact, I left before their set ended.

They can play a bit, but the songs didn't do anything for me. Also, it looks like they're being groomed as a teen boy band albeit with some musical ability.

Not my cup of tea.

CropleyWasGod
31-03-2012, 09:46 AM
I saw them a few weeks ago - my nephew's band were in support - but I wasn't at all impressed.

In fact, I left before their set ended.

They can play a bit, but the songs didn't do anything for me. Also, it looks like they're being groomed as a teen boy band albeit with some musical ability.

Not my cup of tea.

I liked them.

That said, I prefer listening to their CD. That probably says a lot about their stage presence, but they're young and that will come.

Calvin
31-03-2012, 10:26 AM
I gave their album another listen on the train yesterday and, while it's not terrible, there are dozens of better new Scottish bands coming through at the moment.

The_Horde
04-04-2012, 01:28 AM
I gave their album another listen on the train yesterday and, while it's not terrible, there are dozens of better new Scottish bands coming through at the moment.

Point us in the right direction then! :wink:

Calvin
04-04-2012, 08:12 AM
;3168259']Point us in the right direction then! :wink:
Galleries, Discopolis, Cherri Fosphate, The Moth and the Mirror and Capitals for starters!

The_Horde
05-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Galleries, Discopolis, Cherri Fosphate, The Moth and the Mirror and Capitals for starters!

I'll give them a look later then. :thumbsup:

nonshinyfinish
05-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Galleries

Pish.

Discopolis

Good.

Cherri Fosphate

Pish.

The Moth and the Mirror and Capitals

Haven't heard these two, so judgement is reserved.

Bwani Junction are distinctly average IMO.

Calvin
05-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Galleries and Cherri Fosphate are pish!? Well, I'm grateful that in the field of music opinions remain varied, but in particular Galleries remain my favourite breakout band in the last year. Maybe if you catch them live (supporting someone maybe?) you'll be converted. Still, at least you've already heard of them and have made your opinion.

Discopolis though, absolutely superb. A departure from what I normally listen to but brilliant both live and recorded.

The_Horde
09-04-2012, 12:33 AM
Galleries and Cherri Fosphate are pish!? Well, I'm grateful that in the field of music opinions remain varied, but in particular Galleries remain my favourite breakout band in the last year. Maybe if you catch them live (supporting someone maybe?) you'll be converted. Still, at least you've already heard of them and have made your opinion.

Discopolis though, absolutely superb. A departure from what I normally listen to but brilliant both live and recorded.

Listened to a couple of the bands you mentioned..

Discopolis are good but hard to compare to Bwani.. completely different styles.

IMO Bwani are a better band than Galleries.

Calvin
09-04-2012, 06:56 PM
;3173192']Listened to a couple of the bands you mentioned..

Discopolis are good but hard to compare to Bwani.. completely different styles.

IMO Bwani are a better band than Galleries.

Fair enough.

I see Bwani are playing with the Little Kicks and the Mirror Trap at the Electric Circus on the 20th. I'd definitely head along if I wasn't in Portree for the Frightened Rabbit gig that night!