PDA

View Full Version : Dunfermline game

since90plustwo
21-03-2012, 09:48 PM
For me, biggest game of our season. If it works out that we get them at home the board NEED to reduce prices for this game. Adults £10 kids £5 for example. If we could at least fill 17,000 seats would give the players a massive boost! TACHE TAKE NOTE

Monts
21-03-2012, 09:54 PM
For me, biggest game of our season. If it works out that we get them at home the board NEED to reduce prices for this game. Adults £10 kids £5 for example. If we could at least fill 17,000 seats would give the players a massive boost! TACHE TAKE NOTE

Is this not a bit premature? For all we know that game could be the last game of the season with relegation already decided.

However I do think a lenient pricing structure could be installed for ALL remaining home games.

Nothing to lose in my opinion. We are already down to the bare bones for walk ups, so any potential loss would be minimal. The benefit from bigger crowds could be crucial.

1two
21-03-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't disagree
But at what point does my season ticket i bought a year ago become dearer than paying walk up prices every week

CallumLaidlaw
21-03-2012, 10:26 PM
I don't disagree
But at what point does my season ticket i bought a year ago become dearer than paying walk up prices every week

As soon as I missed a couple of games. To be honest tho, I don't mind if prices got reduced if it gets a few extra thousand on the gate and helps the team

lucky
21-03-2012, 10:33 PM
The more we post these threads about ticket prices the more it devalues STs. Another thread to benefit walk up fans but nothing for ST holders. I do believe football is too expensive but let's set the prices correct from the start of the season not at the end

jgl07
21-03-2012, 10:35 PM
There is no guarantee that the match will be at Easter Road given the SPL fixture system.

Far too soon to talk about this.

CallumLaidlaw
21-03-2012, 10:42 PM
There is no guarantee that the match will be at Easter Road given the SPL fixture system.

Far too soon to talk about this.

I think they would have to make sure we got the home tie with it being so close. Although with our away record being better than our home, and them not having won a home game all season, maybe an away game would be better

silverhibee
21-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I think they would have to make sure we got the home tie with it being so close. Although with our away record being better than our home, and them not having won a home game all season, maybe an away game would be better

Good shout CL. :aok::agree:

jgl07
22-03-2012, 12:16 AM

Indeed.

Hibs have won almost as many matches in Fife (2) as they have in Edinburgh (3) this season.

Broken Gnome
22-03-2012, 04:30 AM
The more we post these threads about ticket prices the more it devalues STs. Another thread to benefit walk up fans but nothing for ST holders. I do believe football is too expensive but let's set the prices correct from the start of the season not at the end

Would you not get more enjoyment if the ground was full? if it was a last day decider against Dunfermline, can't imagine 7k season ticket holders would be applauding the board for stubbornly sticking with 24 odd quid for a ticket if it meant thousands of empty seats.

You would hardly use a potential cut in walk-up prices in the event of a relegation battle to argue against a buying a ST at the start of the season either. Exceptional circumstances.

TornadoHibby
22-03-2012, 05:39 AM
Would you not get more enjoyment if the ground was full? if it was a last day decider against Dunfermline, can't imagine 7k season ticket holders would be applauding the board for stubbornly sticking with 24 odd quid for a ticket if it meant thousands of empty seats.

You would hardly use a potential cut in walk-up prices in the event of a relegation battle to argue against a buying a ST at the start of the season either. Exceptional circumstances.

Exceptional circumstances that don't seem to be too unusual these days! :confused:

Broken Gnome
22-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Exceptional circumstances that don't seem to be too unusual these days! :confused:

Entirely disagree. Recent p1shness has always proved marginally good enough to ease genuine relegation fears. This p1shness however is fully-fledged utter p1shness that makes the unthinkable worth contemplating :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2012, 09:22 AM

Great idea, I'm all for this, why not go one step further and allow adults in free if accompanied by a least three children, that should get the numbers up.

Onion
22-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Is this not a bit premature? For all we know that game could be the last game of the season with relegation already decided.

However I do think a lenient pricing structure could be installed for ALL remaining home games.

Nothing to lose in my opinion. We are already down to the bare bones for walk ups, so any potential loss would be minimal. The benefit from bigger crowds could be crucial.

Reducing gate prices for games may increase the gate but would be just another reason NOT to buy season ticket for 2012/13.

Andy74
22-03-2012, 09:36 AM
If it was such an important game fans should turn up anyway.

As has been mentioned above you buy your ST knowing some games will be important, others might not.

Far too much devaluing of the ST now and you just risk even more not renewign with this sort of thing.

What is the obsession with low prices though as if it somewhow increases crowds all the time, it doesn't!

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2012, 09:44 AM
If it was such an important game fans should turn up anyway.

As has been mentioned above you buy your ST knowing some games will be important, others might not.

Far too much devaluing of the ST now and you just risk even more not renewign with this sort of thing.

What is the obsession with low prices though as if it somewhow increases crowds all the time, it doesn't!

I think its because for some its gone as high as they are prepared to pay?

Monts
22-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Reducing gate prices for games may increase the gate but would be just another reason NOT to buy season ticket for 2012/13.

Surely being relegated would be just as much, if not more, of a reason not to buy a season ticket. Especially at the current prices.

Andy74
22-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Surely being relegated would be just as much, if not more, of a reason not to buy a season ticket. Especially at the current prices.

If we get reelegated it won't be because they charged people full price for a Dunfermline game though, will it?

You pay your money at the start of the season knowing there will be some important games in there. When those come along why should others get in much more cheaply?

If you are that bothered about the impact of relegation then get along. If the odd £10 here or there is swaying you then you will understand how ST holders feel about the cost to them.

jgl07
22-03-2012, 11:16 AM
In the early to mid 1990s, Hearts had drifted towards the relegation zone. They cut prices and sent out complementary tickets to loads of nutters who had been banned in the past.

It worked and the gates shot up and the atmosphere improved. Hearts pulled clear of relegation.

Hibs should certainly dish out a few complementary tickets.

Monts
22-03-2012, 11:16 AM
If we get reelegated it won't be because they charged people full price for a Dunfermline game though, will it?

You pay your money at the start of the season knowing there will be some important games in there. When those come along why should others get in much more cheaply?

If you are that bothered about the impact of relegation then get along. If the odd £10 here or there is swaying you then you will understand how ST holders feel about the cost to them.

I am a season ticket holder.

I would much rather have a stadium full of hibs fans during the important run in than making sure i havent got a bit of a bum deal.

And no your right, we're not relegation candidates due to our prices, but you saw the impact at the dunfermline game when we had a big noisey crowd behind the team. It can make the difference. Obviously there are no guarantees though.

Stevie Reid
22-03-2012, 11:24 AM
I am a season ticket holder and if (as looks likely) we do have a crucial game against Dunfermline, I would love for the club to make admission fees as low as possible to try and attract a crowd - I don't believe that cutting prices across the board would make a great deal of difference to regular attendances at ER, but on a one off basis like this game, we should take every possible step to try and make the stadium as intimidating a venue as possible for Dunfermline (which I believe our stadium can be).

Staying in the league is ALL that matters, I couldn't give a toot if a price cut devalues my season ticket. I find that a strange argument under the circumstances in any case - if we do it and win the game, then great; if we do it and lose, it was worth a shot. If we don't and lose (not the only possibilities, I know), would anyone take ANY consolation from the fact that their season ticket wasn't devalued?

I fully understand everyone's concerns about the value of a season ticket, and moving forward I wouldn't argue against anyone choosing not to renew - but this season is bought and paid for, so if such a move stands to benefit the team and help to maintain our status in the SPL, then bring it on.

The atmosphere has (understandably) been so bad for so long at ER that I think many people have forgotten how valuable a big, strong home support can be.

Franck is God
22-03-2012, 11:45 AM
I am a season ticket holder and will be one next year regardless of which league we are in. I am not against reduced ticket prices but so far this season there have been several opprtunities for fans to watch Hibs at a reduced price and the numbers haven't gone up so why would it now?

I have been at games in the past where we have had hugely important games and a large expectant crowd turns up and sits quietly waiting for something to happen rather than try and encourage the team.

I would rather that the fans that actually want to be there turn up rather than someone who has been talked into coming along because it was a tenner, shout and moan every time a pass goes astray or opportunity missed then bugger off with 30 minutes to go if the game isn't going our way, to me that kind of thing encourages the opposition more than our own side.

marinello59
22-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Surely if we were facing Dunfermline in a winner takes all match at ER there would be no need for incentives to get us along. It's meaningless mid table games that need to be made cheaper.

Stevie Reid
22-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Surely if we were facing Dunfermline in a winner takes all match at ER there would be no need for incentives to get us along. It's meaningless mid table games that need to be made cheaper.

Whilst the game would no doubt attract a large crowd in any case, if there's a possibility of a sell out with reduced prices, I'm all for it.

marinello59
22-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Whilst the game would no doubt attract a large crowd in any case, if there's a possibility of a sell out with reduced prices, I'm all for it.

Who doesn't want to pay less for something?
I am pretty sure many posters on here have suggested end off season play offs would be a great way to get fans flocking back as there would be so much at stake. If that is the case why would prices also have to be reduced for a game which could potentially act as a relegation decider?

1875Sean
22-03-2012, 12:23 PM
If the board were to do anything it would be to give season ticket holders a free spare ticket rather than reduce the admission so its not seen as affect there price and giving them a ticket for friend

Stevie Reid
22-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Who doesn't want to pay less for something?
I am pretty sure many posters on here have suggested end off season play offs would be a great way to get fans flocking back as there would be so much at stake. If that is the case why would prices also have to be reduced for a game which could potentially act as a relegation decider?

I'm not one of the posters of which you speak - as a season ticket holder, I'm just giving my backing to potentially reduced prices for the Dunfermline game. That's all.

Stevie Reid
22-03-2012, 01:11 PM
If the board were to do anything it would be to give season ticket holders a free spare ticket rather than reduce the admission so its not seen as affect there price and giving them a ticket for friend

Better idea :aok: