PDA

View Full Version : When do we circle the wagons?

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2012, 02:42 PM
So were in a relegation "dog fight"
We lose the derby
Or fellow combatants sack their manager and Hire JJ.
Stories of internal strife cause a commotion for twitchers / agent provocateurs

When exactly are we as a support going to circle the wagons, develop a siege mentality that ooks often trot out as an admirable approach for betterteams than Hibs?

If were not gonna do it now then when will it ever be invoked.

As a support we often need a catalyst.

I say lets use this as a catalyst.

How about ignoring the hype, ignore the rumour mill, not Adding to the credibility of the rumour mill by passing on, resist the temptation to scapegoat/abuse.

According to his biography (I paraphrase) Gordon Smith became a fervent Hibs fan if it's good enough for him it's good enough for me.

Mikey
21-03-2012, 02:47 PM
When exactly are we as a support going to circle the wagons, develop a siege mentality........

Won't happen.

LancashireHibby
21-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Agree with that. There's enough s***e being thrown at us from various directions without adding to it ourselves. Everyone get behind the club for these few weeks, pull together and you never know, it might just go down in history.

JimBHibees
21-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Yep I think todays story just proved that their are people who are delighted that we are near the bottom of the league and are willing to do pretty much anything to stir the dirt. We as a club, players and support need to stay strong and stick together until the seasons end and see where we get to.

Keith_M
21-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I was with you right up until you started using big words like 'catalyst'...................

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Won't happen.

Wonder what the main players behind Hands off Hibs would make of that...
Is the siege mentality a myth or reality then?

Mikey
21-03-2012, 02:55 PM

It's not going to happen any time soon. Too many supporters have completely lost it with Hibs.

They either have to get back on side or go completely.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I was with you right up until you started using big words like 'catalyst'...................

Beschleuniger Is longer ;)

Of course i meant beer ;)

heretoday
21-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Maybe we should have hired JJ in the first place.

PatHead
21-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Think we need a bit of this..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

Hibernia&Alba
21-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Unity and a refusal to allow erroneous stories to go unchallenged is only right. But we mustn't become the paranoid self-pitying nut jobs that are the Old Firm, where everything is regarded as a conspiracy to destroy them by the 'Hun media' or the 'Timmy media'. Rational argument to rectify unjust speculatation and mischief-making and a collective effort to raise morale during this difficult time.

bawheid
21-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Nah, let's get in the wagons and drive full pelt over the top of the club. Then turn around and do it again.

Circling the wagons isn't Hibs class.

ShanksSaidNo
21-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Unity and a refusal to allow erroneous stories to go unchallenged is only right. But we mustn't become the paranoid self-pitying nut jobs that are the Old Firm, where everything is regarded as a conspiracy to destroy them by the 'Hun media' or the 'Timmy media'. Rational argument to rectify unjust speculatation and mischief-making and a collective effort to raise morale during this difficult time.

To be honest, if we had a successfull team on the park i couldn't give a how other fans of SPL clubs viewed us. If that meant paranoid etc, i could live with that. Us creatin an us against them (them bein the rest of Scottish football) attitude maybe wouldn't be such a bad thing - but it would mean for Certain fans that we'd need to let go of our 'class and dignity'. There is nothing classy nor dignified about being in a Relegation dogfight.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Nah, let's get in the wagons and drive full pelt over the top of the club. Then turn around and do it again.

:confused:

ancienthibby
21-03-2012, 04:47 PM
So were in a relegation "dog fight"
We lose the derby
Or fellow combatants sack their manager and Hire JJ.
Stories of internal strife cause a commotion for twitchers / agent provocateurs

When exactly are we as a support going to circle the wagons, develop a siege mentality that ooks often trot out as an admirable approach for betterteams than Hibs?

If were not gonna do it now then when will it ever be invoked.

As a support we often need a catalyst.

I say lets use this as a catalyst.

How about ignoring the hype, ignore the rumour mill, not Adding to the credibility of the rumour mill by passing on, resist the temptation to scapegoat/abuse.

According to his biography (I paraphrase) Gordon Smith became a fervent Hibs fan if it's good enough for him it's good enough for me.

Do try and engage your brain (or someone else's) before posting!!

NAE NOOKIE
21-03-2012, 04:56 PM

Given the current situation it seemed like a reasonable question to me.

Kato
21-03-2012, 05:05 PM

Exactly. The "speculation" on the LG "story" that gives oxygen to people's "opinion" (which they just can't wait to share) means we don't even have any wagons to circle.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2012, 06:51 PM

Sorry ?!

Stoop to calling a fellow Hibee a fool? Shame on you.

One Day Soon
21-03-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm a big fan of Mel Brooks so I'm a one man wagon circling as fast as possible. But I reckon we probably need a minimum of five of us to make an actual circle.

mca
21-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Maybe if the fans stop circling easter road and got off their horses and went it for a change..

not sure if its a good idea or not and has probably been mentioned in the past a milllion times..

we need a fans forum with verified season ticket holders only section / people on the hibs database only / and the jambo forum for folks who have database friends..

there is more negativity amongst hibs fans than a night on the phones at the suicide hotline !!! reeks of jambo on this site at times..

down the slope
21-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Maybe if the fans stop circling easter road and got off their horses and went it for a change..

not sure if its a good idea or not and has probably been mentioned in the past a milllion times..

we need a fans forum with verified season ticket holders only section / people on the hibs database only / and the jambo forum for folks who have database friends..

there is more negativity amongst hibs fans than a night on the phones at the suicide hotline !!! reeks of jambo on this site at times..

You need to subscribe to PRAVDA , it's a dangerous road you go down when you try to control the speech of others !.

mca
21-03-2012, 09:27 PM
You need to subscribe to PRAVDA , it's a dangerous road you go down when you try to control the speech of others !.

i know - its like trying to stop the blue noses singing the billy boys !! ffs - who gives a flying donald duck..

Freedom of speech has almost kinda ended allready

has it no ??

and if and when - you say something in a forum - seems like everyone is waiting to pick on your every little mitsake !!

may the internet gods help you if you should say and type something the way you didnt mean it to look or sound !!!! .

when was that last time we all had a good laugh on the forums - apart fae the weegie 100 page kinda thread ??? .

CropleyWasGod
21-03-2012, 09:29 PM
i know - its like trying to stop the blue noses singing the billy boys !! ffs - who gives a flying donald duck..

Freedom of speech has almost kinda ended allready

has it no ??

and if and when - you say something in a forum - seems like everyone is waiting to pick on your every little mitsake !!

may the internet gods help you if you should say and type something the way you didnt mean it to look or sound !!!! .

when was that last time we all had a good laugh on the forums - apart fae the weegie 100 page kinda thread ??? .

I see what you did there.....:aok:

PatHead
21-03-2012, 09:38 PM
I see what you did there.....:aok:

Not too mention the lack of capitals and starting a sentence with "and"

down the slope
21-03-2012, 10:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqJHTEhctrw&feature=related Starring Rod Petrie as paymaster , Pat Fenlon as wagonmaster, Billy brown as scout as they move through the badlands of "Gorgie " and narrowly avoiding orange county they seek the wide open plains of East lothian where they can settle the land and raise a posse of footballers which will make the paymaster a very happy man .

JohnScott
22-03-2012, 10:06 PM

Fraid to say it's neither! I've unfortunately seen Hibs relegated twice though they have successfully avoided relegation more than a few times by the seat of their pants! Once with league reconstruction coming to their aid. There's a growing sense of apathy nowadays which is not only evident at Hibs. Years of being taken for granted doesn't help does it?

Away from the negative though :greengrin One of the memories I took away from Tyncastle: It was the 93rd minute of the game before I heard a Hibs fan slag off the team. Given Hearts had just scored a second I could understand his frustration as he left before the final whistle. The display wasn't as bad as many seem to think and but for some woeful forward play and a bit of luck we could have earned a draw. 2 nil flattered them despite what the press wrote. When they didn't panic and kept it on the deck they played some neat incisive football. If they can do that on the wide pitch of Hampden they'll make the final. If JJ keeps the Pars up? Well, frankly we'd deserve to be relegated.

JohnScott
22-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Not too mention the lack of capitals and starting a sentence with "and"

ahem, thats to not too!

Leith Green
23-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Fraid to say it's neither! I've unfortunately seen Hibs relegated twice though they have successfully avoided relegation more than a few times by the seat of their pants! Once with league reconstruction coming to their aid. There's a growing sense of apathy nowadays which is not only evident at Hibs. Years of being taken for granted doesn't help does it?

Away from the negative though :greengrin One of the memories I took away from Tyncastle: It was the 93rd minute of the game before I heard a Hibs fan slag off the team. Given Hearts had just scored a second I could understand his frustration as he left before the final whistle. The display wasn't as bad as many seem to think and but for some woeful forward play and a bit of luck we could have earned a draw. 2 nil flattered them despite what the press wrote. When they didn't panic and kept it on the deck they played some neat incisive football. If they can do that on the wide pitch of Hampden they'll make the final. If JJ keeps the Pars up? Well, frankly we'd deserve to be relegated.

I take it you are referring to 1990/91 season with league re-construction?

If so this is a load of rubbish & seems to spout from the usual jambos, if you check the record books they will show you st mirren finished bottom and hibs 2nd bottom, relegation (previously 1 down per season) was scrapped that season. St mirren escaped relegation through league re construction not us. Aberdeen also finished bottom late 90s/early 2000s and were saved in a similar fashion.

Unless you mean a different time?

JimBHibees
23-03-2012, 12:58 PM
I take it you are referring to 1990/91 season with league re-construction?

If so this is a load of rubbish & seems to spout from the usual jambos, if you check the record books they will show you st mirren finished bottom and hibs 2nd bottom, relegation (previously 1 down per season) was scrapped that season. St mirren escaped relegation through league re construction not us. Aberdeen also finished bottom late 90s/early 2000s and were saved in a similar fashion.

Unless you mean a different time?

I agree cant remember a time Hibs would have gone down due to league position but were saved by reconstruction or a team not being able to come up.

Iggy Pope
23-03-2012, 04:31 PM

Shame that you let down an otherwise encouraging post by trotting out spurious Yammish propaganda!

Never happened.