PDA

View Full Version : SFA investigation

down the slope
20-03-2012, 08:55 PM
I see the SFA are having a trawl round the clubs to look at any undeclared payments http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17451592
Maybe squeaky bum time for the Hearts ?

jgl07
20-03-2012, 09:05 PM
I see the SFA are having a trawl round the clubs to look at any undeclared payments http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17451592

Hearts will be OK. They never make any payments, declared or otherwise.

greenginger
20-03-2012, 09:09 PM

Its usually the opposite with the Yams. They declare they are going to play their players then DON'T. :greengrin

Seriously though, I think there could be a few skeletons in their cupboards.I wonder if all the millions of pounds in "registration Fees " that appeared in their accounts in 2006, 2007 , and 2008 were really player wage supplements.

Jack
20-03-2012, 10:28 PM
There's always been the rumour that payments were made through Lithuania or elsewhere. All just rumour though ;-)

It might be interesting if some authorities were to look at how loan players were paid - particularly the ones that only played for them while they were in contract with the Mad Ones other organisations.

Keith_M
21-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Can you imagine Traffic Wardens sending letters out to drivers saying, "please tell us if you have ever parked on a yellow line so we can send you a ticket".

Obviously, we'd all be law abiding citizens and just confess.

:rotflmao:

PeeKay
21-03-2012, 10:24 AM
The SFA are desperate to show that this type of payment is/was common practice so that the can avoid having to punnish their pals in Govan. As a governing body they are showing themselves to be a complete joke.

jonty
21-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Smacks of lip service IMO.
If any clubs do own up it'll be a 'tsk tsk dont do it again'

If the SPL/SFA had any integrity they'd send in their own investigators.
A whitewash and complete waste of time.

Fife-Hibee
21-03-2012, 10:56 AM
The SFA are desperate to show that this type of payment is/was common practice so that the can avoid having to punnish their pals in Govan. As a governing body they are showing themselves to be a complete joke.

Spot on !

ScottB
21-03-2012, 11:32 AM
And they'll do what about it?

They've shown themselves to take no interest in Rangers seemingly obvious dodgy dealings for over a decade, they've done nothing to Hearts who pay players when they feel like it, if at all. They'll do nothing here.

There's zero sporting integrity left in this league, and unless the SFA / SPL suddenly grow a set of fleshy spheres each, there never will be. Frankly any club guilty of dodgy contracts should be expelled, any unpaid players should be banned from taking to the field till they do, any club with outstanding debts to the authorities should receive automatic 3-0 defeats till they pay up and any number of other penalties to nail the cheating clubs and reward those that go about their business properly.