PDA

View Full Version : suso's goal.

Hibs7
20-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Just seen it on the TV, Stack is culpable for that one, if he had got his arse off the line he could have stopped it. A very good goalkeeper would be my priority if we stay in the SPL.

Pretty Boy
20-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Stack was at fault. The ball took a bobble but he should do better.

However how being off his line would have helped is beyond me. He's a few steps of his line and his positioning is fine, that's not the mistake here.

Sammy7nil
20-03-2012, 05:55 PM
I thought the ball bounced over his hand I am no fan of Stack but don't really blame him.

Who is this quality keeper ? We have had about 8 attempts at buying a keeper and Failed each time :agree:

Seanair
20-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Just seen it on the TV, Stack is culpable for that one, if he had got his arse off the line he could have stopped it. A very good goalkeeper would be my priority if we stay in the SPL.

Lost one just like this against Celtic--is he blind in his left eye?

Agree that a really sound goalkeeper is a priority.

Looking back over the past few years you wonder what we might have achieved if we hadn't had the clowns that were somehow thought to be good enough for Hibs. Ditto managers.
:grr:

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Stack takes a bit of blame, but look at the goal from start to end. Suso is hardly a world beater and I would doubt if we could have made it any easier for him.

ancient hibee
20-03-2012, 06:03 PM
The first one went through his legs-not the first one this season-McDonald showed how to spread himself when he got his toe cap to O'Donavan's header.

madabouthibs
20-03-2012, 06:56 PM
The first one went through his legs-not the first one this season-McDonald showed how to spread himself when he got his toe cap to O'Donavan's header.

In luckier times, Stack would have saved both, and O'Donovans header would have slithered past McDonald.
In luckier times, Skacel would have been finished after 10 minutes and Francombe would have played on.
In luckier times, the O'Connor through ball would have fell to a striker that still had a modicum of pace about him.
We're battling for survival just now, and Lady Luck is obviously a Jambo! :agree:

Franck Stanton
20-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Why do we always have to have a scapegoat? Yes Stack didn't cover himself in glory at either goal, but there are another 10 outfield players that didn't do their jobs very well either now did they? The truth is we, as a team, were absalutely rank rotten. Not one player in a green jersey can look at themselves in a mirror and state they did the best they could. To blame any one player is, imo, wrong

hibeemikey21
20-03-2012, 07:41 PM
As much as it pains me to compliment the guy, it was simply a very good goal. Credit where credits due. Tucked right in the corner, can't blame Stack.

Reaper
20-03-2012, 07:48 PM
As much as it pains me to compliment the guy, it was simply a very good goal. Credit where credits due. Tucked right in the corner, can't blame Stack.

Fair Point!

Baldy Foghorn
20-03-2012, 09:36 PM

Does it matter in the grand scheme of things (unless relegation comes down to goal difference), the game was already lost by the time the 2nd goal went in, due mainly by a terrible first half from all of the starting 11. Unfair to single out just 1, when we were so poor collectively.

Mikey_1875
21-03-2012, 12:14 AM
I felt claros has to take some of the blame as well for his powderpuff attempt at a tackle to stop him. Stack wasn't great but you cannot let a player run that far then into the box without hitting him hard with a challenge.

neilmartinrocks
21-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Stack takes a bit of blame, but look at the goal from start to end. Suso is hardly a world beater and I would doubt if we could have made it any easier for him.

:top marksagree with that. free run into box and free shot at goal.

The Green Goblin
21-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Harsh to blame stack, and anyway what difference did it make in the 94th minute of the game?! We were going to lose anyway...

On another note, was it just me that thought Suso was miles offside when the ball was played forward? He wasn't in his own half.

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2012, 05:11 AM
What Suso done was clever and is was Sproule should be doing every week when we are defending corners. No running half the pitch and scoring obviously but standing on the half way line right next to the dugouts, very easy to break like they did.

500miles
21-03-2012, 05:23 AM
I think it was fairly obvious that we were going to lack men at the back, we had just been on the attack, and Griffiths was getting ready to stick the ball into the box, when the Hearts defender simply swung a leg it him. It wasn't a tackle, just a kick, with barely a passing interest at getting the ball, which he missed entirely!

Sorry, you're going to leave spaces at the back when you're trying for an equalising goal, with seconds left, so the referee's blunder is probably the greatest factor in allowing, not only Hearts to break, but preventing us from launching a last attack.

Hibrandenburg
21-03-2012, 05:25 AM
IMO it was a great counter attack goal carried out at a time when we were throwing everything forward trying to get an equaliser. Wish we had a team that could counter from the back and keep the pressure off our defence.

SMAXXA
21-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Harsh to blame stack, and anyway what difference did it make in the 94th minute of the game?! We were going to lose anyway...

On another note, was it just me that thought Suso was miles offside when the ball was played forward? He wasn't in his own half.

I think he actually was in his own half when the ball was played? Looked miles of at the game but when I watched it again on the net I thought it wasnst offside.

Also no scapegoats and players should have defended it better but stack definitely should be saving that. Like someone else said similar to celtic goal.

hibbill2002
21-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Did he get booked for taking his shirt off?

Hibercelona
21-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Fact of the matter is, Suso should never have got anywhere near the box in the first place.

GK is just an easy scapegoat IMO.

CRAZYHIBBY
21-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Cracking goal imo

Hibs7
21-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Someone should have put him in the stand before he got near the box.

soupy
21-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Someone should have put him in the stand before he got near the box.

Correct!!!!!!

hibsbollah
21-03-2012, 07:12 PM
What Suso done was clever and is was Sproule should be doing every week when we are defending corners. No running half the pitch and scoring obviously but standing on the half way line right next to the dugouts, very easy to break like they did.

Great point. Ivan may not have the football brain to realise how best to use his pace but others should be pointing it out to him. Id much rather we had three of four players waiting to break out from defending corners unstead of 9 outfield players funnelling into our own box as we do at the moment.

RyeSloan
21-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Fact of the matter is, Suso should never have got anywhere near the box in the first place.

GK is just an easy scapegoat IMO.

Baws. The keeper is there to save shots....the last line of defence. Stack just seems to concede too many of these types of goals where you are just left with the feeling that he could have done that bit better. The first was the same...can you "blame" him, no but did he do much to stop it or rise to the occasion and make a sound stop...naw.

Hibercelona
22-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Baws. The keeper is there to save shots....the last line of defence. Stack just seems to concede too many of these types of goals where you are just left with the feeling that he could have done that bit better. The first was the same...can you "blame" him, no but did he do much to stop it or rise to the occasion and make a sound stop...naw.

So you agree that we can't blame him, yet you're giving him a hard time anyway? :rolleyes:

I see that theres no mention of the point blank save he made in the first half from the corner.

Shame how its always our goal keepers fault when we lose a game, but its never to the goal keepers credit when we win a game.

You're right, Stack is the last line of defence, but he wouldn't have needed to be in that situation if the waiter didn't run half way up the field and into the box completely unchallenged by the other 10 players on the field.

But lets have a go at the GK, its the Hibs way when things aren't going right.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-03-2012, 05:19 PM
overpaid, dodgy tattoos, Tenerife McDonald's woker.

RyeSloan
23-03-2012, 11:35 AM
So you agree that we can't blame him, yet you're giving him a hard time anyway? :rolleyes:

I see that theres no mention of the point blank save he made in the first half from the corner.

Shame how its always our goal keepers fault when we lose a game, but its never to the goal keepers credit when we win a game.

You're right, Stack is the last line of defence, but he wouldn't have needed to be in that situation if the waiter didn't run half way up the field and into the box completely unchallenged by the other 10 players on the field.

But lets have a go at the GK, its the Hibs way when things aren't going right.

Correct. It would be wrong to blame him for the goal but he didn't exactly cover himself in glory either. Just becuase someone has failed to put a proper tackle in in front of him doesn't then automatically mean the keeper's performance can't be considered when the ball hits the back of the net...in fact all the more so as when all else fails you want your keeper to bail the team out, Stack doesn't do this often enough for me.

I didn't single out the one main save he made in the game from the corner as it was a good save but one that should be expected, a reaction save from a ball that was reasnably close to him.

Nothing about having a go at the GK cause it's the Hibs way when things don't go right all about saying what I see. I see Stack letting too many shots go past (or through) him that he could and probably should be doing just that bit better with....as a poster said earlier he let in a carbon copy against Celtic, look at both those goals and honestly tell me you don't think the keeper should have done better.

Franck is God
23-03-2012, 11:46 AM
I've never hidden the fact that I am not a fan of Stack and would far rather that Mark Brown was our number one keeper.

He did make a good save earlier in the game and generally he does the reaction save like that pretty well but as I have argued in the past his distribution is slow and poor most of the time, his decision making on whether to come off his line or not is very suspect. I don't know how anyone else feels about this but any time an opposition striker is through on goal or he is facing a one on one I am simply waiting for the ball to end up in the net because unless the striker hits it straight at him he rarely makes the save.

I think both Brown and Stack are out of contract in the summer, wouldn't lose any sleep if both went. I personally would keep Brown but hopefully Pat has his eye on a new number one for next year.

AlbertK86
23-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Why do we always have to have a scapegoat? Yes Stack didn't cover himself in glory at either goal, but there are another 10 outfield players that didn't do their jobs very well either now did they? The truth is we, as a team, were absalutely rank rotten. Not one player in a green jersey can look at themselves in a mirror and state they did the best they could. To blame any one player is, imo, wrong

Because Stack has been culpable in far too many games.

I said months ago and last season that he is a complete liability. There must be decent keepers out there