PDA

View Full Version : New Pars Boss (merged)

scott7_0(Prague)
20-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Not great news for Hibs that he as taken over at Dunfermline until the end of the season. Our relegation dog fight just got tougher in my opinion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17437727

SteveHFC
20-03-2012, 03:16 PM
He will have the Dunfermline Players right up for a relegation battle :bitchy:

JustSimplyHibs
20-03-2012, 03:17 PM
With Jim Jeffries the new Pars boss am a bit worried he will hit the ground running straight away, putting more pressure on Hibs.

Still a long way to go i know and reckon relegation will become a 4 way race between St Mirren, ICT, Hibs and Pars.

Mon the Hibs :flag::pfgwa:flag:

Billy Whizz
20-03-2012, 03:18 PM
0-7 and 6-2 is all that needs to be said

southfieldhibby
20-03-2012, 03:19 PM
you cannae polish a *****, dunfie are rank rotten

vanNISHtelroy
20-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Wouldn't you just hate to relegate JJ? :wink:

Sean1875
20-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Assuming BB will be staying as Paddys assistant yes..? :pray:

Jim44
20-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Not great news for Hibs that he as taken over at Dunfermline until the end of the season. Our relegation dog fight just got tougher in my opinion.

If we were really up for a dog fight we might just get out of the mess we're in. As it is, I'd describe our efforts as more of a puppy fight. Fat Jim will have Dunfermline up for a battle, and, while I think that we are marginally better than them, I think it will go to the wire. It'll be interesting to see where Billy Brown's loyalties lie in the next few weeks.

The Sea-gull
20-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Weeks ago, even without a new manager, I felt Dunfermline would beat St Mirren on Saturday for their first home win of the season. Even more certain they will now. Will be difficult for us to be Utd with our home record v their away record so a draw may be the best we get on Saturday.

Can see the gap being 1 or 2 points come 5pm Saturday and that would really crank the pressure up. With Utd away and Hearts at home for them after that the good thing is I can't see them picking many out of that though maybe Hearts will chuck them a win! We have ICT away and Well at home and don't see us getting much either. Only going to be a point or so ahead, if not level or slightly below them by split I fear.

Good thing is, as another poster has alluded to, ICT and St Mirren could yet be dragged in to it. Though with a game in hand, a win against us may be enough to see ICT clear.

Lofarl
20-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Is this the same JJ who near got Killie relegated? The same JJ who took the super Hearts on a mega 15 games without a win? If it's that JJ we have nothing to fear from that fat waste of skin.

SteveHFC
20-03-2012, 03:33 PM
What's the betting that Hibs vs Dunfermline will be at Easter Road on the last day of the season of the split to see who's stays up :aok:

JimBHibees
20-03-2012, 03:37 PM
What's the betting that Hibs vs Dunfermline will be at Easter Road on the last day of the season of the split to see who's stays up :aok:

We will already be out of sight by then IMO.

Keith_M
20-03-2012, 03:58 PM
We will already be out of sight by then IMO.

Aw come on, we won't be THAT far behind them :wink:

JimBHibees
20-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Aw come one, we won't be THAT far behind them :wink:

:greengrin:thumbsup: Funny I was thinking that was how it could be read.

hibee92
20-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Aw come on, we won't be THAT far behind them :wink:

:greengrin

danhibees1875
20-03-2012, 04:06 PM
0-7 and 6-2 is all that needs to be said

and 5-1. :greengrin

IFONLY
20-03-2012, 04:12 PM
I think people are forgetting one thing Dunfermline are rubbish and we are slightly better. It wouldnt worry me if Sir Alex took over we will still be above them.

easty
20-03-2012, 04:21 PM

Couldnae care less. He's had no impact at all since he came to Hibs. I expected him to create a siege like mentality that they seem to have had at Tynie for a good few years. We're still powderpuff.

Hibernia Na Eir
20-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Wouldn't you just hate to relegate JJ? :wink:

will bring a little enjoyment end of season if so :thumbsup:

--------
20-03-2012, 04:23 PM
you cannae polish a *****, dunfie are rank rotten

OOOOHHHH YES YOU CAN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

Personally, I donh't think the relegation battle's anything like over yet. And Jefferies is just the mnan who could make a difference to them.

I share Scott's gloomy prognostications.

GreenCastle
20-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Should make things a little more interesting....

If the unthinkable was to happen though :grr:

If we stay up we can always sing the cheer up Jim Jeffries song once again :greengrin

Malonga's Cat
20-03-2012, 06:01 PM
It certainly adds another dimension to the relegation battle. It does mean when we stay up, it will be a little sweeter knowing that we rob Fat Jambo Jim of an SPL job. I can't even say the alternative outcome though...

DH1875
20-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Think it's a dodgy one for us if I'm honest. Can see it going down to the wire and could end up even coming down to how the fixtures fall after the split.

AlbertK86
20-03-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm hopin he takes BB with him as all you ever see him do is moan and groan. Never seems to encourage anybody. Bad for morale in my opinion

Dunbar Hibee
20-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Couldnae care less. He's had no impact at all since he came to Hibs. I expected him to create a siege like mentality that they seem to have had at Tynie for a good few years. We're still powderpuff.

100% agree. I couldn't care if Brown went in all honesty.

Northernhibee
20-03-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm a little nervous about this. Fat Jim will know if he drops us, he'll be a hero to those mutants again.

Concerned.

The_Todd
20-03-2012, 07:04 PM
YAS!

A chance to relegate Jim Jeffries. :aok:

Love how the Yams are creaming themselves over the prospect of him managing the Pars, they seemed happy enough to see the back of him when Sergio was appointed.

xyz23jc
20-03-2012, 07:16 PM
OOOOHHHH YES YOU CAN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

Personally, I donh't think the relegation battle's anything like over yet. And Jefferies is just the mnan who could make a difference to them.

I share Scott's gloomy prognostications.

:agree: Was thinkin' exactly the same! Hope I'm wrong! :flag:

Wotherspiniesta
20-03-2012, 07:19 PM

What's BB done since he came in?

Bitch about the players behind their back, look like a sour faced git on the sidelines and told reporters that O'Connor is a cheat.

JJ can have him.

woodyloon
20-03-2012, 08:16 PM
I think people are forgetting one thing Dunfermline are rubbish and we are slightly better. It wouldnt worry me if Sir Alex took over we will still be above them.

I really hope your right, but even poor teams get a lift when a new manager takes over, so it will be interesting to see if there results will improve, even just for a short period of time which is what the Pars board must be hoping for.

If I'm honest I have went from being quietly confident we would stay up to being a bit concerned now, when you look at the opportunities we have had lately to open up a bigger gap but failed, thats a concern. We really need to start getting results at home.

Hibernia&Alba
20-03-2012, 11:03 PM
That fat fud would abolutely love to send us down, and would then no doubt be introduced on the Gulag pitch at half-time asap, another 'returning hero'. Well, we must be ready to meet the challenge. As if we need any extra motivation, no way is that cretin going to have the last laugh. :pfgwa

NotoriousLor
20-03-2012, 11:15 PM
I really hope your right, but even poor teams get a lift when a new manager takes over, so it will be interesting to see if there results will improve, even just for a short period of time which is what the Pars board must be hoping for.

If I'm honest I have went from being quietly confident we would stay up to being a bit concerned now, when you look at the opportunities we have had lately to open up a bigger gap but failed, thats a concern. We really need to start getting results at home.

We never

Hibeesmad
20-03-2012, 11:19 PM
But always look on the bright side of life..we could get that fat jambos team relegated!!

silverhibee
20-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Hearts and Dunfermline have to play soon, listen out for the Hearts fans singing --

Cheer up jimmy jeffries
oh what can it mean.......

Or Hearts might have a bad day at the office that day. :rolleyes:

monktonharp
21-03-2012, 12:24 AM
what ever happens, if it's gonnae happen bad, It'll happen tae us. is all part of being a Hibby, as they say:hide:

Mibbes Aye
21-03-2012, 02:56 AM
Good grief, Fat Jim who just happened to be lurking in the HOMFC changing rooms (not saying he's a predator but that's registered offender behaviour IMO), no doubt just trying on a pink satin blouson (reversible obviously) is taking the Pars gig.

7-0 6-2 5-1

and funnily enough 70-62-51 are his vital stats :agree:

GIRFUY Jeffries and mon the Hibs :pfgwa

Spike Mandela
21-03-2012, 12:56 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/dunfermline/301224-jim-jefferies-confirmed-as-new-dunfermline-boss/

What now for Billy Brown?

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2012, 12:59 PM
I think he will need to retire after Leigh assaulted him so don't see him joining the Pars

Keith_M
21-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Congratulations to JJ.

All the best in the 1st Division

:thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
21-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Guy on twitter just said JJ said on Sky Sports " it was good to get back in to management with a team like Kilmarnock"

Someone tell me he's kidding:faf::faf:

hibsboy90
21-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Anyone see his interview on SSN? Said he was very glad to be joining kilmarnock... eh I mean dunfermline haha

vanNISHtelroy
21-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't be glad he was back at Kilmarnock! :greengrin

:not worthKenny Shiels' Blue Army!:not worth

Famous5forever
21-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Weeks ago, even without a new manager, I felt Dunfermline would beat St Mirren on Saturday for their first home win of the season. Even more certain they will now. Will be difficult for us to be Utd with our home record v their away record so a draw may be the best we get on Saturday.

Can see the gap being 1 or 2 points come 5pm Saturday and that would really crank the pressure up. With Utd away and Hearts at home for them after that the good thing is I can't see them picking many out of that though maybe Hearts will chuck them a win! We have ICT away and Well at home and don't see us getting much either. Only going to be a point or so ahead, if not level or slightly below them by split I fear.

Good thing is, as another poster has alluded to, ICT and St Mirren could yet be dragged in to it. Though with a game in hand, a win against us may be enough to see ICT clear.

I More or less agree with your post we should be just ahead of them maybee by a point going into the split games.
Our goal difference is better as well though and with a home game to come against them i feel we will just pip them the good thing is it is in our hands

Jim44
21-03-2012, 04:10 PM
I More or less agree with your post we should be just ahead of them maybee by a point going into the split games.
Our goal difference is better as well though and with a home game to come against them i feel we will just pip them the good thing is it is in our hands

..................... the worrying thing is the quality of our hands.:big grin:

HKhibby
21-03-2012, 04:15 PM

only a matter of time before he was going to get a job!...then he will come calling for Billy Brown!, major relegation battle on our hands now if you ask me!, he will turn them around very soon! good manager, may not win alot but good at survival etc..!, still think he could have done a job for us! jambo or no jambo!...the rest will be history if he changes it!,way more experience in the spl than Fenlon!

Hibercelona
21-03-2012, 04:41 PM
What's BB done since he came in?

Bitch about the players behind their back, look like a sour faced git on the sidelines and told reporters that O'Connor is a cheat.

JJ can have him.

O'Conner can be a cheat at times in all fairness. It seems that when he hits a nasty slump in form, he'll do anything to try and win a penalty.

I still couldn't care less if BB went though, I agree about him looking like a right sour puss and it wouldn't surprise me if he left.

Wouldn't be a great loss IMO.

erin go bragh
21-03-2012, 06:17 PM
O'Conner can be a cheat at times in all fairness. It seems that when he hits a nasty slump in form, he'll do anything to try and win a penalty.

I still couldn't care less if BB went though, I agree about him looking like a right sour puss and it wouldn't surprise me if he left.

Wouldn't be a great loss IMO.
Billy Browns contract with us is up at the end of the season,FJK wants him as his assistant for next season :hmmm: this puts us in a awkward situation, as how do we know bb is going to be 100% commited to us .
ggtth