PDA

View Full Version : Which other teams would we like to get rid of?

Hibbyradge
20-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Folk are drooling over the prospect of Rangers going into liquidation.

Everyone is desperate to see Hearts finally get their comeuppance and OF GTF sentiments abound so that takes care of Celtic too.

So, I was just wondering, is it just these three teams that we want rid of, or should we be looking to get short of any club that beats us regularly?

Also, would the removal of these teams really make for a better SPL?

Or would it actually leave us with SFL 1 plus?

Part/Time Supporter
20-03-2012, 11:46 AM
It's not a question of wanting "rid of teams", it's a question of fairness. Hibs have played by the rules all along, while their principal rivals have been living way beyond their means, to an extent where they can't make the wage bill regularly. Yet they still go out and sign an international player, who scored the crucial goal on Sunday. Why should Hibs (or anyone else, for that matter) put up with this any longer?

Hibbyradge
20-03-2012, 11:50 AM
It's not a question of wanting "rid of teams", it's a question of fairness. Hibs have played by the rules all along, while their principal rivals have been living way beyond their means, to an extent where they can't make the wage bill regularly. Yet they still go out and sign an international player, who scored the crucial goal on Sunday. Why should Hibs (or anyone else, for that matter) put up with this any longer?

I agree it's unfair, of course it is.

We wanted rid of the OF for different reasons though.

And folk do "want rid" of the three of them.

Cropley10
20-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I agree it's unfair, of course it is.

We wanted rid of the OF for different reasons though.

And folk do "want rid" of the three of them.

I'd much rather the league stayed as it is. Where Rangers are saved come what may, so that we can enjoy the income from 3,750 of them once a season. Also Hearts - sure they've overspent for years but if they went to the wall as well and had to reform we'd miss the Derbies and the banter, right?

Sylar
20-03-2012, 12:16 PM
The only teams I want to see "gotten rid off" are the Tims and Airdrie :agree:

sh00byd00
20-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Yeah, i want a league made up of the following

Dundee Utd
Motherwell
Alloa
Falkirk
St Mirren
Hibs
Killie
Montrose
Dumbarton
Dunfermline

or any other ***** people can think up.

I'm already getting my monies worth as it is, so why not just go the whole hog and give us a league with no local rivalry, no above semi-average players and apart from ourselves, no club with a semi decent fanbase (even that's questionable nowadays). Alternatively, i could just watch my local amateur club for a lot less cash.

Were Scottish football to lose the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, Rangers and Celtic, our game would nose dive, if that's even possible. I don't think for a minute ticket prices would be rivised and with this in mind, I'd seriously consider whether or not to continue with the Scottish game.

We're already fooling ourselves into thinking that our football is somewhat watchable and that our clubs hire footballers that are somewhat decent, when the reality is, we're already not getting value for money, nowhere near it. Just look at how our clubs perform when they meet another 3rd rate club from some random league. We're not even 3rd rate and that's with all those clubs in the league.

Part/Time Supporter
20-03-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm already getting my monies worth as it is, so why not just go the whole hog and give us a league with no local rivalry, no above semi-average players and apart from ourselves, no club with a semi decent fanbase (even that's questionable nowadays). Alternatively, i could just watch my local amateur club for a lot less cash.

Were Scottish football to lose the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, Rangers and Celtic, our game would nose dive, if that's even possible. I don't think for a minute ticket prices would be rivised and with this in mind, I'd seriously consider whether or not to continue with the Scottish game.

We're already fooling ourselves into thinking that our football is somewhat watchable and that our clubs hire footballers that are somewhat decent, when the reality is, we're already not getting value for money, nowhere near it. Just look at how our clubs perform when they meet another 3rd rate club from some random league. We're not even 3rd rate and that's with all those clubs in the league.

What's that got to do with anything? If teams don't abide with the rules of the game, they should be fully punished without fear or favour because they're "big" or have a "worldwide fanbase".

IWasThere2016
20-03-2012, 12:45 PM
The Gers going will do me for the time being .. but would jig for joy if the Cellic, Hearts and Livi went also.

At The Edge
20-03-2012, 12:52 PM
This is a strange one for me, its the bigoted fans more than anything that i want rid of.
I used to enjoy watching Laudrup, Gascoigne, Larssen etc etc come to ER, i know in RFC's case they may have been on dodgy contracts but they were a joy to watch at times, we'll probably never see that calibre of player anytime soon within the SPL.

If the infirm could lose their bigoted following and all the crap which goes with it, then they could stay.
as for Hearts, every league needs the class clowns and they never fail to live up to the label:greengrin

The rest of the teams are ok by me!

:flag:

sh00byd00
20-03-2012, 12:53 PM
What's that got to do with anything? If teams don't abide with the rules of the game, they should be fully punished without fear or favour because they're "big" or have a "worldwide fanbase".

I'd like to see these rules that you are talking about. Other than rangers (still to be proven), i'm not aware of any other team breaking rules. It's not against any rules to overspend. if it was, almost every club would be guilty of something.

As far as i can see, if Hearts for example couldn't sign players, they wouldn't have been given permission to sign that wee fud that scored against us, so if we're going to point fingers, it should be towards the spl and sfa.

iain nolan
20-03-2012, 12:55 PM
maybe its time scottish football started again and got rid off all the teams . no money in the game ,poor standard off players , fans leaving as there fed up watching the same teams week in week out .

far to many teams in scotland so lets make less teams

2 teams highlands area
2 teams glasgow
2 teams edinburgh
2 teams dundee area
2 teams falkirk /stirling area
2 teams dunfermline area
2 teams motherwell area
2 teams aryshire area
2 teams perth area

thats 20 teams not 42 clubs yes it be sad to see clubs go but they could go junior and allow the grouth off the 20 remaining teams to grow.
the reason i made 2 teams from each area would allow derby games witch would maybe get fans back into the game . maybe a change in clubs names as well would maybe help.

Keith_M
20-03-2012, 12:59 PM
This is a strange one for me, its the bigoted fans more than anything that i want rid of.
I used to enjoy watching Laudrup, Gascoigne, Larssen etc etc come to ER, i know in RFC's case they may have been on dodgy contracts but they were a joy to watch at times, we'll probably never see that calibre of player anytime soon within the SPL.

If the infirm could lose their bigoted following and all the crap which goes with it, then they could stay.
as for Hearts, every league needs the class clowns and they never fail to live up to the label:greengrin

The rest of the teams are ok by me!

:flag:

That pretty much sums up my thoughts. If we could lose the bigotry, terrorist worship and "Plastic Paddyness" and cheating, then have clubs living within their means, it would do me fine. However, I can't really see that happening.

We'll just have to make do with a hamstrung (for a short while at least) new Rangers for now.

Hibbyradge
20-03-2012, 01:06 PM
I'd much rather the league stayed as it is. Where Rangers are saved come what may, so that we can enjoy the income from 3,750 of them once a season. Also Hearts - sure they've overspent for years but if they went to the wall as well and had to reform we'd miss the Derbies and the banter, right?

Is that your view?

GreenCastle
20-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Folk are drooling over the prospect of Rangers going into liquidation.Yes - as they have been very poorly managed and deserve everything they get right now.

Everyone is desperate to see Hearts finally get their comeuppance (see above with Rangers) and OF GTF sentiments abound so that takes care of Celtic too. Celtic don't want to be in the SPL so why should we want them to be part of the game moving forward?

So, I was just wondering, is it just these three teams that we want rid of, or should we be looking to get short of any club that beats us regularly?

Also, would the removal of these teams really make for a better SPL? I would rather have a competitive SPL which is value for money with teams that want to be here and without all the bigotry etc and baggage that seems to come into the news every other week.

Motherwell, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee do have fan bases but like many Hibs fans have given up on the same old nonsense in our game and don't attend games - a competitive league would bring these fans back :agree:

Or would it actually leave us with SFL 1 plus?

See replied in bold :agree:

Hibbyradge
20-03-2012, 01:10 PM
How do folk feel about Motherwell, Livingston and Dundee?

The Sea-gull
20-03-2012, 01:12 PM
maybe its time scottish football started again and got rid off all the teams . no money in the game ,poor standard off players , fans leaving as there fed up watching the same teams week in week out .

far to many teams in scotland so lets make less teams

2 teams highlands area (Ross Co and ICT)
2 teams glasgow (Rangers New Co and Celtic)
2 teams edinburgh (Hearts and Hibs)
2 teams dundee area (Utd and Dundee)
2 teams falkirk /stirling area (Falkirk and Stirling)
2 teams dunfermline area (Dunfermline and Raith)
2 teams motherwell area (Motherwell and Hamilton)
2 teams aryshire area (Killie and Ayr)
2 teams perth area (St Johnstone and ????)

thats 20 teams not 42 clubs yes it be sad to see clubs go but they could go junior and allow the grouth off the 20 remaining teams to grow.
the reason i made 2 teams from each area would allow derby games witch would maybe get fans back into the game . maybe a change in clubs names as well would maybe help.

Basically scrap all the clubs except those I have added then?

Reasonable enough idea but population wise you could easy add at least one club in the Renfrewshire/Dumbartonshire area, one in Dumfrieshire and the South West.

What about Aberdeen - you are denying 250k people a team.

As for the Perth area can't think of the two teams - it can barely support one team!

Also, West Lothian has a massive population these days and could easily support a good team if everyone in WL followed that team but like all of Scotland we suffer from people choosing their football team not based on where they live but based on success (granted this happens in every country but maybe not on the scale it does here) and religion.

There are too many established traditions, allegencies etc for this to ever happen but yes, if you had never had football in Scotland and were starting to organise it today, this is how it would be done.

A wee bit Americany giving each region a franchise as community/tradition are attractive features of Scottish football.

If you ripped it up and started again, all that would happen is people would support the new club that they believed were most directly tied or linked to their old club and Glasgow Greens and Glasgow Blues would immediately become the big dominant clubs because of this.

Hibbyradge
20-03-2012, 01:14 PM
See replied in bold :agree:

We're in a competitive league. We're competing like fury to stay in it.

Why aren't the fans coming back in their droves?

GreenCastle
20-03-2012, 01:18 PM
We're in a competitive league. We're competing like fury to stay in it.

Why aren't the fans coming back in their droves?

Competitive ? 27 years since a team outside the Old Firm has won the league - :confused:

I could accept Hearts winning the league every few years if it meant Hibs had a chance also or Aberdeen etc.

This season is turning out more exciting than others for the wrong reasons - that being us trying our best to survive and Mothewell aiming to get into Champions League.

As for the fans - look at attendances over the years - when crowds are high - whats usually the common factor....success and that applies to the Old Firm also.

JeMeSouviens
20-03-2012, 01:23 PM

They all took what was coming to them (within the rules at the time), didn't plead themselves as a special case and have worked their way back. The Huns should do the same. If they somehow fail to work their way back I certainly wouldn't shed any crocodile tears for them.

--------
20-03-2012, 04:44 PM
The only teams I want to see "gotten rid off" are the Tims and Airdrie :agree:

Why Airdrie?

Cropley10
20-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Is that your view?

No, but I should have added that if there aren't 4 OF league games every season then Sky will withdraw their cash and then we're all rooked. The Big House must stay open, the status quo must be preserved.

Scottish Football is in a mess because certain teams are determined either to cheat (RFC) or to attempt to buy success, at any cost. Sporting integrity is what matters and, ultimately, if we need some sort of 'correction' then so be it. Before we abandoned gate sharing (1982?) we had a healthy competitive league, since then only two teams have won the League.

Scottish Football exists to serve two Clubs and two Clubs only.

But, if Rangers do go pop (liquidation) then whatever follows will set a precedent, because it's very, very hard to see how HMFC will ever trade their way out of their mess.

Time for a change, time for a correction, time for some common sense. Rangers and Hearts? Hell mend them.

Andy74
20-03-2012, 05:53 PM

When they have been properly run, fine. When they haven't been then it's not acceptable.

Rangers are still talking about investment for goodness sake. When will people get that you need to pay out what you get in, no more.

If we all did that then, assuming there is some sort of fair split of cash, we wouldn't have to be talking about getting rid of teams.

You'd have to admit that times have gone way beyong the traditional dominance Rangers and Celtic have had into something far less natural and much less interesting.

Part/Time Supporter
20-03-2012, 05:54 PM
I'd like to see these rules that you are talking about. Other than rangers (still to be proven), i'm not aware of any other team breaking rules. It's not against any rules to overspend. if it was, almost every club would be guilty of something.

As far as i can see, if Hearts for example couldn't sign players, they wouldn't have been given permission to sign that wee fud that scored against us, so if we're going to point fingers, it should be towards the spl and sfa.

It's not just me who thinks it is unfair, obviously.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17451400

xyz23jc
20-03-2012, 07:19 PM
No brainer. Old firm, and of course, for me, the ever modest and delightful Aberf*****deen! :aok::greengrin:thumbsup:

Eyrie
20-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Why Airdrie?
Remember the early 90s when they had a team full of ex-Jambos and spent most of the game committing fouls? They were the dirtiest team I have ever had the misfortune to witness at Easter Road.

As regards who to get rid of, I'd settle for the Ugly Sisters. May not make me popular on here but I can live with Hearts still being around, providing they live within their means and drop the supremacist crap.

sh00byd00
21-03-2012, 09:33 AM
It's not just me who thinks it is unfair, obviously.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17451400

this isn't about whether it's fair or not, it's about the rules which are in place. You said and i quote:

So how about backing your point up rather than doing what internet people do - spout pish and try to pass it off as fact. If Hearts or any other club were breaking any sort of rules, then i suspect the governing body wouldn't have allowed Hearts to sign the player in question. The fault doesn't lie with the clubs, it lies squarely at the door of the spl and sfa.

Am i happy Hearts were given permission to sign this player - no. Do i think the rules need changed - yes.

Keith_M
21-03-2012, 10:00 AM
I've changed my mind, can I vote for Arbroath?

Not for the yucky maroon strip (though that helps) but because their name featured in he longest drawn out rotten joke I've ever heard, courtesy of Francie and Josie.

Hibbyradge
21-03-2012, 10:13 AM
I've changed my mind, can I vote for Arbroath?

Not for the yucky maroon strip (though that helps) but because their name featured in he longest drawn out rotten joke I've ever heard, courtesy of Francie and Josie.

Good shout.

I prefer lentil anyway. :agree:

sesoim
21-03-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't want rid of any teams. I just want Hearts, Celtic and Rangers to become permanently s**t so we can continually hammer them for the rest of my existence.