PDA

View Full Version : Hypothesis - Buy a 2012 Season Membership - Be guaranteed a Cup Final Ticket

Hibbyradge
20-03-2012, 11:10 AM
If Hibs somehow manage to beat Aberdeen for only the second time since December 2009, ( a wee reality check there folks!) would you buy a 2012/13 season ticket if it guaranteed you a place at the Final?

Is this something Hibs should consider doing? In fact, are they obliged to do so?

I guess folk who have purchased early birds for 2012/2013 will be a bit pee'd off, if they don't get priority.

Mikey
20-03-2012, 11:15 AM
If Hibs somehow manage to beat Aberdeen for only the second time since December 2009, ( a wee reality check there folks!) would you buy a 2012/13 season ticket if it guaranteed you a place at the Final?

Is this something Hibs should consider doing? In fact, are they obliged to do so?

I guess folk who have purchased early birds for 2012/2013 will be a bit pee'd off, if they don't get priority.

Of course they will. Existing season ticket holders, existing members and new season ticket holders will get priority. The rest take their chance in the queue.

Hibbyradge
20-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Of course they will. Existing season ticket holders, existing members and new season ticket holders will get priority. The rest take their chance in the queue.

I know. :wink:

hibeedonald
20-03-2012, 11:21 AM
If they were to offer a free cup final ticket to those who are getting a ST for next year it could help to shift a few.

Beefster
20-03-2012, 11:21 AM
I think that Hibs will use that carrot but I don't think it will make that much difference to ST numbers next season. The big problem for Hibs is going to be folk with STs this season not renewing and just taking up a membership.

WhileTheChief..
20-03-2012, 01:18 PM
The only way we will even be close to selling out is if we meet St Mirren in the final. Anyone that wants a ticket will be able to get one if it's against Celtic or Hearts.

Keith_M
20-03-2012, 01:23 PM

Mikey, is this official? Has someone at the club told you this? It's just that you've said it a few times now, always as a certainty.

FWIW, I think it would be fair enough and a fantastic incentive to get people to buy a ST that they might not otherwise have bought.

Keith_M
20-03-2012, 01:25 PM
The only way we will even be close to selling out is if we meet St Mirren in the final. Anyone that wants a ticket will be able to get one if it's against Celtic or Hearts.

I don't get your logic. Surely it would be the other way around? :confused:

Hibs have been at three finals in the last ten years and have sold out our end at every one, including a game against Celtc. I have no doubt we could do it again.

Mikey
20-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Mikey, is this official? Has someone at the club told you this? It's just that you've said it a few times now, always as a certainty.

Nope, but it's what they'll do!

And your other point is spot on, we will sell out and some will miss out if they take a chance.

We need to get there first though :greengrin

Billy Whizz
20-03-2012, 01:41 PM
New season ticket holders have priority over members for the Semi-Final, so will be the same if were lucky enough to get to the Fonal

Mikey
20-03-2012, 01:45 PM
New season ticket holders have priority over members for the Semi-Final, so will be the same if were lucky enough to get to the Fonal

Do they? I would have thought it was just existing ST holders :dunno:

That seems a bit unfair to me.

Beefster
20-03-2012, 01:50 PM

Yup, ST holders for 2012/13 have priority over 2011/12 members for the semi-final.

Billy Whizz
20-03-2012, 01:52 PM

On the official site

Mikey
20-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Yup, ST holders for 2012/13 have priority over 2011/12 members for the semi-final.

Presumably they would have priority over members for a final ticket too then (if needed :greengrin ), and that as good as answers the OP.

There'll still be enough to go around all priority groups but I guess it increases the need to get a 12/13 ST if you want to 100% guarantee a final ticket (did I say "if needed" :greengrin )

The importance of beating Aberdeen shouldn't be underestimated.

jgl07
20-03-2012, 02:02 PM

It makes sense to reward those who have paid for a season ticket for next season without even knowing which League Hibs will be in.

Beefster
20-03-2012, 02:56 PM
It makes sense to reward those who have paid for a season ticket for next season without even knowing which League Hibs will be in.

Sorry, I've no problem with them doing that (although I might if I was only a member as they've changed the rules a little bit). I only mentioned the seasons to make it clear what I was talking about.

Vini1875
20-03-2012, 04:38 PM
This thread should wait until at least the 16th of April

Hibbyradge
20-03-2012, 05:04 PM
If Hibs somehow manage to beat Aberdeen for only the second time since December 2009, ( a wee reality check there folks!)

This thread should wait until at least the 16th of April

Ooh, you are superstitious.

You don't think my opening sentence (quoted above) and the word "Hypothesis" in the thread title was enough to show that I'm taking nothing for granted?

degenerated
20-03-2012, 05:34 PM

A bit unfair? It would just be typical behaviour from the club. Once they get your money they couldn't give a flying one.

DH1875
20-03-2012, 06:33 PM
The only way we will even be close to selling out is if we meet St Mirren in the final. Anyone that wants a ticket will be able to get one if it's against Celtic or Hearts. EH? No chance we won't sell out our allocation if we make the final. Tickets will be like gold dust. If they were to extend the date so you can pay it up I'd buy one for next season if it got me a cup final ticket. No chance I'll be able to fork out 405 bucks on a one off though.

Pretty Boy
20-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Every time we have a big game these threads descend into panic and almost every time everyone who wants a ticket gets one.

Let's say we play Celtic or Hearts and get 18-20k tickets.

Current season ticket holders: 1 per person = 8000
New season ticket holders: 1 per person = 2500 max
Members who don't already have a ticket = 1500
Those with a semi final ticket who don't already have a ticket = 2000

Obviously all guesstimates but that would still leave between 4000 and 6000 tickets for general sale. Remembering a hell of a lot of people will fall into one of the categories above I'd say you'd be quite unlucky not to get a ticket.