PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets

Archie70
19-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Apologies if already mentioned but we have about 2 and a half weeks to take up the "early bird" season ticket offer. I think it's fair to say we'll still be in the relegation mixer at this point.

If I'm to take up the offer am I running the risk of paying £405 to watch first division football.

I think the club either has to review the deadline for the offer until we are safe or release a statement explaining a "refund policy". They can't surely expect many to be willing to take this gamble and pay premier league prices when that may not be what we're watching.

Hopefully the question becomes irrelevant.

If already clarified please delete post.

Beefster
20-03-2012, 07:59 AM
The deadline might be a bit of an own goal for the club but I don't see why they need to change it. There's obviously no intention to change the prices if we're relegated so it's up to each supporter as to whether they want to take the risk of renewing before the early bird date.

down the slope
20-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Only the Hibs board would treat you this way , save your money, if we are relegated do you think the walk up price will be the same as this season ?.

Steve-O
20-03-2012, 08:17 AM
They will probably increase the prices and ask the fans to stand up and be counted...:rolleyes:

AustinHibee
20-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Don't worry,we aint going down!!!!

Malonga's Cat
20-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Only the Hibs board would treat you this way , save your money, if we are relegated do you think the walk up price will be the same as this season ?.

I think they would have to be in order to be in line with the season ticket price. You couldn't charge a ST holder £400 quid and then let all the walk ups in for £15 a game!

So yeah i think the board will keep all prices the same or have to come up with a back up plan for ST prices as the OP asked.

Hopefully this is all made irrelevant though and we retain our SPL status soon.

DH1875
20-03-2012, 05:22 PM
They should move the date back till after the cup final. 1st division or not I Could see a lot of people taking it up if we make the final and you were guaranteed a ticket if you take a ST for next year.

Tom Hart RIP
20-03-2012, 05:34 PM
I've been going every week since the sixties, and had a season ticket for the last 25. Last summer, I was swithering due to Calderwood and the poor attitude of many of the players. I sent an email to the board expressing my anger at the situation, particularly the Paalson incident in the night club (after another derby humiliation).

When I heard that Calderwood was likely to go to Notts Forest / Birmingham, I decided to renew. A few days later, I received a reply from Fyfe Hyland who assured me that I was talking nonsense and all the Hibs fans he spoke to were 100% behind Calderwood and I was in a small minority. He claimed he was amazed that present day fans could even consider getting rid of the manager, and the tone of his letter pissed me off to the extent that I phoned the ticket office and told them to rip up my application.

I have been at a few games since, but watched the Celtic/Rangers/Hearts games on the box and saved the money.

Hyland's attitude cost the club my £400 and I have no intention of getting a new one this season to help pay his wages.

mickki40
21-03-2012, 10:38 AM
I aint renewing...simple as that.

Torto7062
21-03-2012, 11:33 AM
25yr I've followed the Hibs, I didnt renew this season because the product is poor and is overpriced- have I missed E.R? Sometimes.
Overall I might renew again dependant on signings etc but I sure as hell wouldnt buy early bird without knowing what league we will be in.

Thats a bit like going to a car showroom,giving them your money for a new car then them giving you a banger and saying your getting a good deaj.

offshorehibby
21-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Just been up to renew, it's the last chance i'll get to go up before 6th April.

Strangely if the worst was to happen and we are in the first next season i'll still be a Hibee.

Baldy Foghorn
21-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Just been up to renew, it's the last chance i'll get to go up before 6th April.

Strangely if the worst was to happen and we are in the first next season i'll still be a Hibee.

Spot on.....

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2012, 08:20 AM
It's like an addiction. I've tried so hard to kick the habit, I weighed up the pro and cons and still couldn't find any logical sense to do it. Financially it doesn't really make sense, I haven't even enjoyed it for ages, I've ranted on here about the reasons not to do it and sworn that was it finished.But...................................... ........I just couldn't help myself, I've renewed both mine and the laddies ST's. :rolleyes: