PDA

View Full Version : Question Should celtic be emptied from the league

Green Cabbage 7
19-03-2012, 10:03 PM
If it is true that celtic were in talks about leaving the league is that accountable and should they be made to leave anyway?

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-03-2012, 10:07 PM
We can but dream!

Hibs Class
19-03-2012, 10:10 PM
If it is true that celtic were in talks about leaving the league is that accountable and should they be made to leave anyway?

I'm not sure they should be made to leave, but I think it would be reasonable to create a new top league and tell them they are not part of it.

Bighoose
19-03-2012, 10:15 PM
"CELTC" fans are saying this story was started by Rangers centred media to deflect attention from RFC problems....

Also "you get nothing from ref's in the country" - Anthony Stokes....

Its all a conspiracy don't you know.

Eyrie
19-03-2012, 10:44 PM
There is probably nothing in the SPL Articles to stop them doing this.

That said, there is little that the Ugly Sisters could do if the other ten clubs announced a mass resignation and applied to rejoin the SFL.

Sadly neither will happen.

MrSmith
19-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Down to pure brinkmanship!

Rangers facing oblivion and the other ten teams not talking with Celtic ... so, what do they do? Try to scare other clubs into talks with the Celtic agenda! It is Celtic who are scared!

Now is the time for the ten other SPL clubs to meet with the SFL clubs to plan a proper way forward for Scottish fitba! Create a new association, not three just one!

The end is nigh ...

Pretty Boy
19-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Down to pure brinkmanship!

Rangers facing oblivion and the other ten teams not talking with Celtic ... so, what do they do? Try to scare other clubs into talks with the Celtic agenda! It is Celtic who are scared!

Now is the time for the ten other SPL clubs to meet with the SFL clubs to plan a proper way forward for Scottish fitba! Create a new association, not three just one!

The end is nigh ...

The other 10 must stand together this time.

Last time out we managed about 4 days before we went crawling back to the OF.

There's a real chance to make some positive changes to the whole of Scottish football if there is a collective will and a positive attitude and determination to stay united.

Hibbyradge
19-03-2012, 11:58 PM
lol

Viva_Palmeiras
20-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Are any talks of moving from the Scottish league not bringing the game into disrepute?

Question I have for the SPL chiefs - given they keep on bleating about leaving: has the scenario of the OF leaving been plannedand if not why not?

And in this regard why are contracts negotiated with clauses about their participation?
Has this clause always existed and if only inserted recently why?

Keith_M
20-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Has anyone from Celtc actually confirmed that they made approaches to the EFL? Not anonymously, or any newspapers "we have reason to understand".

If officials from Celtc publicly state, or it's been confirmed by the EFL, that they enquired about joining, then I think they could be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. I haven't seen anything this time (yet) to make me believe that actually happened.

1875 NO 1
20-03-2012, 01:02 PM
The other 10 must stand together this time.

Last time out we managed about 4 days before we went crawling back to the OF.

There's a real chance to make some positive changes to the whole of Scottish football if there is a collective will and a positive attitude and determination to stay united.

Spot on.

Rod should lead a breakway 10 from the SPL. Re-join the SFL. A sensible voting structure, fair split of revenue, 16 team league, more games at sat 3pm and consider summer fitba

Leave the old firm to play with theselves.

Scottish Fitba is dying and radical chnage is needed.

Danderhall Hibs
20-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Aren't the "other 10" meeting to discuss what's what and not inviting Celtic along? That being the case why wouldn't they be looking at other avenues?

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2012, 01:10 PM
http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12382_7606281,00.html

GreenCastle
20-03-2012, 01:14 PM
This thread should be merged with the other Celtic one :agree:

I think Celtic need to come out and make a statement about this -

1 - it's nonsense and they are happy in the SPL

2 - it happened and they want to move

If 2 is the case then surely the other 10 teams really need to get their act together and do something radical.

Bill Milne
20-03-2012, 02:25 PM
This thread should be merged with the other Celtic on :agree:

I think Celtic need to come out and make a statement about this -

1 - it's nonsense and they are happy in the SPL

2 - it happened and they want to move

If 2 is the case then surely the other 10 teams really need to get their act together and do something radical.

I think this story is being fed to the Tims pet media people to scare the 10 non-Old Firm clubs into failing to alter the SPL terms to a more equitable basis, which may put us all on a more level playing field and not give the Bigot Brothers all the dosh, as near as makes no difference, and makes it almost impossible for us to compete.

JustSimplyHibs
20-03-2012, 03:11 PM
It will never happen...England do not want the secular pair.

Besides England not wanting them the fact that they would never ever compete on the European circuit (Cardiff and Swansea gave up their rights) will be enough to make them stay where they are.

PatHead
20-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Aren't the "other 10" meeting to discuss what's what and not inviting Celtic along? That being the case why wouldn't they be looking at other avenues?

I posted on another thread that Peter Lawell had dinner in St Andrews with the Directors of another SPL club the night before Celtic played Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup. I am sure he will also have discussed matters with other clubs as well and Celtic will have been at the meeting in spirit

MrSmith
20-03-2012, 04:52 PM
I posted on another thread that Peter Lawell had dinner in St Andrews with the Directors of another SPL club the night before Celtic played Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup. I am sure he will also have discussed matters with other clubs as well and Celtic will have been at the meeting in spirit

St. Mirren I suspect!