PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news. Celtic win the Scottish Cup

pedroorange1875
19-03-2012, 05:27 PM
On STV tonight lennon stated the ref cost them the treble. I am complaining strongly to the SFA about selling tickets for a Scottish Cup that Celtic have already won, We are getting SHAFTED. What final is in May then?

Arrogant barsteward

Seveno
19-03-2012, 05:30 PM
On STV tonight lennon stated the ref cost them the treble. I am complaining strongly to the SFA about selling tickets for a Scottish Cup that Celtic have already won, We are getting SHAFTED. What final is in May then?

Arrogant barsteward

Exactly my thoughts. His whole post match interview was typical of the man who manages to balance paranoia with arrogance.

Baldy Foghorn
19-03-2012, 05:31 PM

Arrogant barsteward

Lennon really is an odious little man......Another clear case of old firm arrogance....

At The Edge
19-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Celtic won't be in the final:wink: The Buddies will have papped them oot in the semi:agree:

:pfgwa

lapsedhibee
19-03-2012, 05:46 PM

Arrogant barsteward

Gotta remember it's our fault he's like that, for not providing enough competition over the years.

Johnforr
19-03-2012, 05:47 PM
If we are lucky enough to get to the Final and meet the lesser greens there ...... team talk sorted methinks !

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 06:03 PM
The ref cost them the treble, we'll cost them the double.

:pfgwa

Viva_Palmeiras
19-03-2012, 06:12 PM
On another matter Sutton on Real Radio Celtc legend Chris Sutton admits he didn't even watch the cup final live - made do with highlights. Legend eh!

greenlex
19-03-2012, 06:13 PM
If he believes the ref cost him the game yesterday then what he s saying is correct. Without the league cup they can't win the treble. Wind yer knecks in.
Never a penalty in a million years though.

hibsbollah
19-03-2012, 06:18 PM
is it just me or did Nelson get the ball? ive watched it three times now and i cant understand the plastic-paddy-buckie-swillung-five-spirtssocks-furra-poond outrage.

greenlex
19-03-2012, 06:20 PM
is it just me or did Nelson get the ball? ive watched it three times now and i cant understand the plastic-paddy-buckie-swillung-five-spirtssocks-furra-poond outrage.

Nope I too think its a perfectly good challenge. Stokes' attempt at getting a penalty wasn't very good and he got found out.

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I've not looked closely to see if the defender got the ball, but still don't think it's a penalty. He went down way to easily, was hardly touched at all.

Hibrandenburg
19-03-2012, 06:28 PM
If you were to turnaround all dodgy decisions made in cup finals then there'd be a lot less trophies in Glasgow than there is now. Shut yer ugly greetin puss Lennon ya muppet.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2012, 06:31 PM
I only saw it at the time and once after on the replay, i thought it was a penalty. I hope i'm right and it was a penalty, it makes it all the better imo.

Hibrandenburg
19-03-2012, 06:34 PM
I only saw it at the time and once after on the replay, i thought it was a penalty. I hope i'm right and it was a penalty, it makes it all the better imo.

Like your way of thinking :-)

sesoim
19-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Not one camera angle proves it WAS a penalty. Lennon and co keep on saying why would Stokes dive in that position, which is fair enough, but I agree with Levein when he said he thought Stokes delayed slightly so that he WOULD get brought down.

Once again Lennon shows what a dislikeable ungracious man he is. I'm still delighted for Killie, just sad that a great moment has been tarnished by other events.

On a side note, what the hell would any foreigners think watching that game? It was the Scottish League Cup, and the only flags you could see flying were Irish ones. Do the Celtic fans really think that is necessary?

Onion
19-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Lennon really is an odious little man......Another clear case of old firm arrogance....

Which makes Killie's victory all the more enjoyable :thumbsup: In fact, the pressure is really on as if Celtic DON'T win the Scottish Cup, their only victory will be the SPL title which they will have won by default :green grin

Well done Killie :agree:

snooky
19-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I've never saw the game or or listened to it but it definitely wasn't a penalty I can assure you - 100%.

Therefore Killie's :cup:

:violin:

vanNISHtelroy
19-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Our job is done...just make sure you lot do yours! We'd never won the league cup so maybe it's a year for hoodoos like this to end!

Good luck with it!

snooky
19-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Our job is done...just make sure you lot do yours! We'd never won the league cup so maybe it's a year for hoodoos like this to end!

Good luck with it!

Thanks Mr V.
When I was young I was told that my great grandad played for Killie so I have a wee soft spot for yooz league cup winners, :aok:

Eyrie
19-03-2012, 06:52 PM
I note that Lennon described the referee's decision not to hand them a penalty as "criminal".

I'd think that "criminal" is better used to describe the act of sending letter bombs, but I will have to defer to Lennon's judgement on that.

7 Hills
19-03-2012, 06:54 PM
NEVER a penalty! Stokes's trailing leg was between the defender's legs - looked to me as if Stokes was trying to stamp on the defender's Crown Jewels! :wink: And as Blackpool says, if it was a penalty - then all the better! :greengrin

greenginger
19-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Even if they had got the penalty, they still had to score with it and that was no certainty the way the Killie goalie was playing.

Anyway one goal only brought Celtic level, does Lennon now think Celtic win the cup with a draw ?

vanNISHtelroy
19-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Even if they had got the penalty, they still had to score with it and that was no certainty the way the Killie goalie was playing

Thats what a (rather drunk) guy next to me kept saying when we were waiting for the open top bus....we were all to head to Hampden, let them take the penalty and then Cammy was gonna save it cos nothing was getting by him yesterday!

truehibernian
19-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Thats what a (rather drunk) guy next to me kept saying when we were waiting for the open top bus....we were all to head to Hampden, let them take the penalty and then Cammy was gonna save it cos nothing was getting by him yesterday!

Well done yesterday bud, hope you enjoyed the day and the well deserved cup win. Good wee side Killie and good fans to boot.....well done mate.

MSK
19-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Thats what a (rather drunk) guy next to me kept saying when we were waiting for the open top bus....we were all to head to Hampden, let them take the penalty and then Cammy was gonna save it cos nothing was getting by him yesterday!Cammy Bell was outstanding yesterday ..absolute quality performance ..more of that then you will have a few quid in the bank ..

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Yep, nothing to do with the excellent Killie attack and ***** defending leading to the only goal.

I don't think Scottish refs are up to much but he called the Stokes penalty claim correct.

Well done Killie. :aok:

Kato
19-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Do the Celtic fans really think that is necessary?

Apparently, aye. I preferred the days when they made do with tippexed Subbuteo pitches drapped over the slopey shoulders and Val Doonican tea towels as flags. Showed their true class back then.

Good luck with it!

Congrats that guy, hope you had a hoot.

Hibercelona
20-03-2012, 12:09 AM
I can understand Lennons frustration if i'm being brutally honest.

It does say somewhere in the rule book that when an OF player goes down in the dying minutes of a game that it must be a stonewaller........ doesn't it???? :rules:

It's a rule the SFA have stood by for many many years, now they're breaking it? Cheating barstewards! :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2012, 12:58 AM
It kind of reminds me of the one we were denied against Dunfermline in the semi.

spike220
20-03-2012, 08:20 AM

Arrogant barsteward

THIS:agree:

Niffy
20-03-2012, 09:36 AM
I see Chick thought they were a cert... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17356487

Seveno
20-03-2012, 04:18 PM
I note that Lennon described the referee's decision not to hand them a penalty as "criminal".

I'd think that "criminal" is better used to describe the act of sending letter bombs, but I will have to defer to Lennon's judgement on that.

Hooper's early miss was pretty criminal. :greengrin

20-03-2012, 04:23 PM
He's an arrogant, pathetic little man. Always some excuse eh! Everybody conspires against poor wee celtic!

Bad looser.

--------
20-03-2012, 04:41 PM

Good luck with it!

I wish... :greengrin

VERY pleased to see your guys lift the Cup on Sunday - I too have had a soft spot for Kilmarnock ever since a certain sunny afternoon in 1965 ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-93_7Gz5FTQ

3pm
20-03-2012, 05:04 PM
These things even themselves out. Which is a pity for ourselves or Aberdeen.

Hermit Crab
20-03-2012, 06:02 PM
If we are lucky enough to get to the Final and meet the lesser greens there ...... team talk sorted methinks !

:agree: Good shout