PDA

View Full Version : half time gloaters

fitothewalk
19-03-2012, 05:24 PM
think we should repay these horrible people when they attend easter road next season by bringing some of our 6-2 or 7-0 players on the field at half time its bad enough going there and getting beat without having to look at hartley,de vries and robertson and have to listen to that scot wilson on the tannoy calling tem the hammer of the hibs:pfgwa

bubblesmorrison
19-03-2012, 05:31 PM
I said to my dad at the game I wish hibs would do this GD way to wind away support up

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 05:32 PM
As someone said on another thread, get Albert Kidd along. :greengrin

fitothewalk
19-03-2012, 05:36 PM
or even better get our subs to wave there wage slips at half time:na na:

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-03-2012, 05:39 PM
This of course is the yam mentality, all they want to do is to beat us and they really don't care who else as long as it's us, they hate us big time and can't help thinking they are a wee bit jealous of us in to the bargain as their club and ground is in such a mess, but at the end of the day I really hope we can sign some players in the summer who know what playing in a derby is all about, there were at least 6 players out there on Sunday that we should really be thinking about getting rid of.

If we survive this season then that's exactly what I would do and get it right up them, we've made erseholes of ourselves before with parading of the cup against them so we better make sure they do it (if anything) right.

Our attitude MUST change before the next derby (if there is one against them :wink:)

We defo need a couple of in your face combative midfielders to get this team off their erses.

KWJ
19-03-2012, 05:47 PM
It's just a bit of banter, don't see the problem with it. Had we been winning at half time it'd woulda been fun. Seeing folk in the stand seething was ridiculous.

Danderhall Hibs
19-03-2012, 06:08 PM
It's just a bit of banter, don't see the problem with it. Had we been winning at half time it'd woulda been fun. Seeing folk in the stand seething was ridiculous.

:agree: We’re definitely going OTT about it while at the same time giving them massive satisfaction. The way we’ve reacted will give them massive encouragement and going they’ll keep at it.

Just disappointed that we’ve not got enough “derby legends” to do anymore than one or 2 half time draws - Albert Kidd didn't play for Hibs so I don't think we can count him.

Hibbie0762
20-03-2012, 09:22 AM
I thought it was one of the most demeaning displays of crude triumphalism by a club's management which I have ever had the misfortune to witness at a football match. Frankly, any Hearts fan with any self-awareness at all ought to have felt degraded by that crass GloatFest. But I doubt that many did.

Supporting Hibs is a lifelong commitment which will never be broken by anything as ephemeral as our current dreadful form in Derby games (see One Day Soon 's excellent post in another thread, which pretty well sums it up for me). But one thing which might make me reconsider would be any move by Hibs' management to mount a similarly tasteless display at any future ER Derby game. Hibs FC really ought to be far above wheeling out pathetic half time has-beens like Wayne Foster and diving Mark de Virus to yammer on about goals against Hibs as career defining moments, with the obvious intention of inflaming and insulting the away support.

Hibs' fortunes may fluctuate, but one fixed point for us as a club ought to be our self-respect - gracious in victory, dignified in defeat. It is one thing for the fans to banter and chant about the 7-0 and 6-2 games. There is even an arguable case for a club's management choosing to parade a newly-won cup (even if by some twist of timing it does just happen to be in front of local rivals :wink: ). But it is quite a different matter for a club's management to plan in advance and then to mount a deliberately inflammatory half-time parade like Hearts did on Sunday. Somehow I do not see the SFA sanctioning a similar triumphalist rally by the Ibrox or Parkhead management at an Old Firm game, and I doubt that either set of their supporters would have been as restrained as were the Hibs' support on Sunday if they did.

In a way, Sunday's pathetic spectacle tells you all you need to know about Hearts as a club. This is a self-styled "big" club for whom the concept of fiscal stability is a foreign country, living from hand to mouth and paying its staff and many creditors late and sporadically. This is a self-styled "family" club whose owner appointed a convicted sex offender as its manager, and who apparently has no problem with sex offenders on its playing staff. This is a club who burn to be taken seriously at football's big table, but whose owner's rants have made it a countrywide laughing stock. This is a club who have a wage bill far in excess of any Scottish club outwith the Old Firm, but who apparently define success solely as Derby day points racked up against Hibs.

As a Hibs supporter, I would like a chunk of Hearts' current Derby success, thanks very much. But I can think of no other aspect of the game in which I would want Hibs to be emulating Hearts. Not their shambolic finances. Not their playing staff (a couple of players we might take, but no-one special enough to transform the Hibs team). Not their incessant pretensions to "bigness" which are clearly not reflected in trophies won or even games won. Certainly not their support, for whom the result appears to take precedence over performance every time. Might as well follow Hearts on Teletext, it is cheaper and you don't really miss anything.

So Hibs have had a miserable few seasons. It may even get worse before it gets better. But no matter how bad it gets, it will never be bad enough that we should want to copy anything at all from our crass and Neddish rivals across the city. As Sunday's half time display amply demonstrated, Hearts are like the unwelcome cousins who turn up uninvited to a formal dinner wearing Hawaian shirts and sandals, help themselves to the drink, eat with their fingers, scratch their nuts with the fish knife, and hog the conversation with smutty stories about their imagined achievements. And then - to everyone's relief - they eventually leave not even realising what an erse they have made of themselves. Hearts are Scottish football's equivalent of TOWIE - too crass even to realise how crass they are.

So let's leave them to parade their Derby day points through Gorgie on the open top bus at the end of the season, if that's what turns them on. When it comes to big clubs, Hibs really are much bigger than that.

frazeHFC
20-03-2012, 10:14 AM
That's one long post. :eek:

cabbageandribs1875
20-03-2012, 10:40 AM
good post 0762 :aok:

ChilliEater
20-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I thought it was one of the most demeaning displays of crude triumphalism by a club's management which I have ever had the misfortune to witness at a football match. Frankly, any Hearts fan with any self-awareness at all ought to have felt degraded by that crass GloatFest. But I doubt that many did.

Supporting Hibs is a lifelong commitment which will never be broken by anything as ephemeral as our current dreadful form in Derby games (see One Day Soon 's excellent post in another thread, which pretty well sums it up for me). But one thing which might make me reconsider would be any move by Hibs' management to mount a similarly tasteless display at any future ER Derby game. Hibs FC really ought to be far above wheeling out pathetic half time has-beens like Wayne Foster and diving Mark de Virus to yammer on about goals against Hibs as career defining moments, with the obvious intention of inflaming and insulting the away support.

Hibs' fortunes may fluctuate, but one fixed point for us as a club ought to be our self-respect - gracious in victory, dignified in defeat. It is one thing for the fans to banter and chant about the 7-0 and 6-2 games. There is even an arguable case for a club's management choosing to parade a newly-won cup (even if by some twist of timing it does just happen to be in front of local rivals :wink: ). But it is quite a different matter for a club's management to plan in advance and then to mount a deliberately inflammatory half-time parade like Hearts did on Sunday. Somehow I do not see the SFA sanctioning a similar triumphalist rally by the Ibrox or Parkhead management at an Old Firm game, and I doubt that either set of their supporters would have been as restrained as were the Hibs' support on Sunday if they did.

In a way, Sunday's pathetic spectacle tells you all you need to know about Hearts as a club. This is a self-styled "big" club for whom the concept of fiscal stability is a foreign country, living from hand to mouth and paying its staff and many creditors late and sporadically. This is a self-styled "family" club whose owner appointed a convicted sex offender as its manager, and who apparently has no problem with sex offenders on its playing staff. This is a club who burn to be taken seriously at football's big table, but whose owner's rants have made it a countrywide laughing stock. This is a club who have a wage bill far in excess of any Scottish club outwith the Old Firm, but who apparently define success solely as Derby day points racked up against Hibs.

As a Hibs supporter, I would like a chunk of Hearts' current Derby success, thanks very much. But I can think of no other aspect of the game in which I would want Hibs to be emulating Hearts. Not their shambolic finances. Not their playing staff (a couple of players we might take, but no-one special enough to transform the Hibs team). Not their incessant pretensions to "bigness" which are clearly not reflected in trophies won or even games won. Certainly not their support, for whom the result appears to take precedence over performance every time. Might as well follow Hearts on Teletext, it is cheaper and you don't really miss anything.

So Hibs have had a miserable few seasons. It may even get worse before it gets better. But no matter how bad it gets, it will never be bad enough that we should want to copy anything at all from our crass and Neddish rivals across the city. As Sunday's half time display amply demonstrated, Hearts are like the unwelcome cousins who turn up uninvited to a formal dinner wearing Hawaian shirts and sandals, help themselves to the drink, eat with their fingers, scratch their nuts with the fish knife, and hog the conversation with smutty stories about their imagined achievements. And then - to everyone's relief - they eventually leave not even realising what an erse they have made of themselves. Hearts are Scottish football's equivalent of TOWIE - too crass even to realise how crass they are.

So let's leave them to parade their Derby day points through Gorgie on the open top bus at the end of the season, if that's what turns them on. When it comes to big clubs, Hibs really are much bigger than that.

:top marks

Nail firmly smacked on head

WeAreHibs
20-03-2012, 10:59 AM

This is one of the best posts I've read!

:)

Sent from my HTC Sensation using TapAtalk

HibbyRod
20-03-2012, 11:41 AM
That's one long post. :eek:

Aye, ..... but a cracking one! :greengrin

Well said Hibbie0762!! :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
20-03-2012, 12:37 PM

:top marks:top marks

Hibernia&Alba
20-03-2012, 12:42 PM
You make sone very good points, 0762 re Yams' financial state, crumbling stadium, ludicrous ownership and financial situation, ideas above their station for a club of that size.

As for their half time wind up, crude? Aye, probably. They want straight for the jugular; forget any subtle attempt at humour here. Have a look at 7Hero's thread on the subject. They went for maximum effect both in terms of rousing their own support and winding up ours, and it worked on both counts. They put it together well, actually; building up the excitement in the home sections to a crescendo for Robertson. They wanted to see us raging, and I was raging alright. The b******s milked it for everything it was worth, and I wore the look of a bulldog drinking pish throughout. However, that's rivalry and that's banter. No long term harm done. Compared to other things going on over there (which you accurately listed) it was nothing.

If we did the same to the them, I would enjoy it just as much as they did, even if it did feel a wee bit petty. I just hope we start to produce more derby heroes soon, because I'm sick of those c***s laughing, despite all the problems at their club.

Hibbie0762
20-03-2012, 01:12 PM
You make sone very good points, 0762 re Yams' financial state, crumbling stadium, ludicrous ownership and financial situation, ideas above their station for a club of that size.

As for their half time wind up, crude? Aye, probably. They want straight for the jugular; forget any subtle attempt at humour here. Have a look at 7Hero's thread on the subject. They went for maximum effect both in terms of rousing their own support and winding up ours, and it worked on both counts. They put it together well, actually; building up the excitement in the home sections to a crescendo for Robertson. They wanted to see us raging, and I was raging alright. The b******s milked it for everything it was worth, and I wore the look of a bulldog drinking pish throughout. However, that's rivalry and that's banter. No long term harm done. Compared to other things going on over there (which you accurately listed) it was nothing.

If we did the same to the them, I would enjoy it just as much as they did, even if it did feel a wee bit petty. I just hope we start to produce more derby heroes soon, because I'm sick of those c***s laughing, despite all the problems at their club.My point was that I just do not want Hibs FC to descend that far into the gutter with Hearts, whatever the provocation. There is a bit of a difference between banter and what Sunday's strutting mini-Rally was all about. And there is also a difference between the insults which fans have always hurled at each other, and what an SPL club's management actively decide to sanction, such as Sunday's GloatFest.

Given the state of Hearts' finances and management structure, I have no doubt that they will get their comeuppance sooner or later and that roles will be reversed. But when it does, I suggest that Hibs' response should be somewhere between dignified silence and mock sympathy. Let them go out with a whimper rather than a bang. And be nice to our enemies as they face extinction - they will hate us far more for that than for any amount of crude gloating :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
20-03-2012, 01:37 PM
My point was that I just do not want Hibs FC to descend that far into the gutter with Hearts, whatever the provocation. There is a bit of a difference between banter and what Sunday's strutting mini-Rally was all about. And there is also a difference between the insults which fans have always hurled at each other, and what an SPL club's management actively decide to sanction, such as Sunday's GloatFest.

Given the state of Hearts' finances and management structure, I have no doubt that they will get their comeuppance sooner or later and that roles will be reversed. But when it does, I suggest that Hibs' response should be somewhere between dignified silence and mock sympathy. Let them go out with a whimper rather than a bang. And be nice to our enemies as they face extinction - they will hate us far more for that than for any amount of crude gloating :greengrin

Correct again. They are much more aggressive and loud in their partisanship, from top to bottom. Yet it seems to work for them. I admire your restrained and dignified approach, yet there's a big part of me that would love our club to give them:giruy:.

Makaveli
20-03-2012, 01:40 PM
What a post that is.

Hearts are the most classless club in the world. Sex offenders, hijacking war memorials and as you say - "crude triumphalism."

Scouse Hibee
20-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Oh dear how easy is it for them to wind up some Hibs fans!

I think some of the responses to their wind up is far more pathetic than the actually half time event.

Sorry guys but get a ****** grip eh!

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-03-2012, 04:50 PM
How about, the next time we win a cup, let's make plans to re-present it on the pitch after the game is done, and kid on that is has something to do with showing it to folk that couldn't make the final? And then we could......maybe hold that thought while I have a rethink.

20-03-2012, 04:58 PM

:top marks:applause:

Onion
20-03-2012, 05:11 PM
think we should repay these horrible people when they attend easter road next season by bringing some of our 6-2 or 7-0 players on the field at half time its bad enough going there and getting beat without having to look at hartley,de vries and robertson and have to listen to that scot wilson on the tannoy calling tem the hammer of the hibs:pfgwa

That only works if you've a decent team on the park and winning the match - no use of we're 0-2 down at HT :confused: Be flat as a pancake.

Onion
20-03-2012, 05:17 PM

Great post - well said. Except I'd like a bit more of this bit :wink:

Hermit Crab
20-03-2012, 07:04 PM
as someone said on another thread, get albert kidd along. :greengrin

epic win!!!!!!!!!!

Hermit Crab
20-03-2012, 07:04 PM
As someone said on another thread, get Albert Kidd along. :greengrin

EPIC WIN!!!!!!!!! :agree:

Hermit Crab
20-03-2012, 07:05 PM
as someone said on another thread, get albert kidd along. :greengrin

epic win!!!!!!!!

sahib
20-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Never mind all that crap. Let's just beat them fair and square and act like gentleman.