PDA

View Full Version : Semi Final Ticket Details Announced

Darth Hibbie
19-03-2012, 12:04 PM
As it says on the tin

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120319/semi-final-tickets_2262950_2665117

Mikey
19-03-2012, 12:09 PM
2 tickets per ST holder and 1 per member prior to the public sale sounds fair enough.

Spike Mandela
19-03-2012, 12:21 PM
2 tickets per ST holder and 1 per member prior to the public sale sounds fair enough.

Why have any restriction? There's plenty to go round.:dunno:

jgl07
19-03-2012, 12:25 PM

If there is plenty to go around why not put the tickets on open sale straight away?

MB62
19-03-2012, 12:36 PM

If there is plenty to go around why not put the tickets on open sale straight away?

There will be plenty to go around and I don't see why they can't be put on general sale straight away.
I think we are kidding ourselves on if we think we are going to take 20,000 plus to Dumpden.

After yesterday's feeble efforts yet again, we might be lucky to take half that amount.

Gatecrasher
19-03-2012, 12:38 PM
along with the prices its a Decent effort to sell the tickets fairly IMO. ST's are always going to get priority and 2 per ST is also fair as its unlikely to sell out. Everyone will get their chance to buy one.

Hibbylad86
19-03-2012, 12:43 PM
As it says on the tin

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120319/semi-final-tickets_2262950_2665117

Do we think this will sell out or a majority of the 'decent' seats go before 2nd of April? I am a club member (so can get 1 ticket from the 30th) but the missus is getting dragged along to see us win and she is not a member. Will have to wait until the 2nd

Can't argue with the policy that is being rolled out for this...slight inconvience that is all :wink:

Keith_M
19-03-2012, 12:43 PM
My view on this.

Anybody that wants to go will be able to get a ticket. So, people waiting on the public sale surely have no need to worry.

If anybody says they're not going just because they can't sit with their mates.... You'd rather be at home or in the pub than be at a Cup Semi Final? :confused: We're better off without you.

In the unlikely event that Hibs had made this unlimited amounts of tickets per ST holder and the tickets sold out: Can you imagine the meltdown on here complaining about all the people getting a ticket that hardly/never go to games and (Insert Username) has missed out even though they go to 20 games a season.

EDIT: and if they made it an open public sale..."What's the point of having a ST/Membership if Ah don't get priority over they plebs"

Let the moaning begin :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
19-03-2012, 12:45 PM

:agree::agree:

Mikey
19-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Let the moaning begin :greengrin

Yep. Didn't matter what they did.

Mikey
19-03-2012, 12:50 PM
One thing's for sure, you sure as hell won't get 2 tickets per ST holder if we're back there in May :greengrin

Billy Whizz
19-03-2012, 12:54 PM
One thing's for sure, you sure as hell won't get 2 tickets per ST holder if we're back there in May :greengrin

Should be the same deal if we're there in May. We have around 8,000 season tickets holders and if they get 2 each, this would lead to around 4,000 or so for a public sale. There is very rarely more than 12,000 Hibs fans at ER for a game this season

Broken Gnome
19-03-2012, 12:58 PM
No matter how many we think we'll sell, we can't put three per season ticket or more as a full uptake would be our whole allocation gone without public sale.

Mikey
19-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Should be the same deal if we're there in May. We have around 8,000 season tickets holders and if they get 2 each, this would lead to around 4,000 or so for a public sale. There is very rarely more than 12,000 Hibs fans at ER for a game this season

No danger. If we get to the final there will be priority for those who have bought a ST for next season but don't have one this season.

HFC07
19-03-2012, 01:07 PM

you mean "when were back in may" right?? :greengrin

Mikey
19-03-2012, 01:08 PM
you mean "when were back in may" right?? :greengrin

You're right, I do.

But if I say that someone will accuse me of supporting the club :greengrin

Big Frank
19-03-2012, 01:20 PM

No really.... absolutely you should be guaranteed a ticket for a cup final if your a season ticket holder, but no more than that.

for example, if you are a regular attendant to Hibernian matches but you dont have the funds to buy a season tixket, or you dont want to, he should have more right (as it were) for a ticket (after ST holders) to get a brief, that say a season ticket holders friend....

Wembley67
19-03-2012, 01:22 PM
I wonder if it's only Hibs fans that will moan about absolutely everything - unbelievable.

Spike Mandela
19-03-2012, 01:28 PM
I wonder if it's only Hibs fans that will moan about absolutely everything - unbelievable.

**** sake man nobody is moaning just wondering why there is the need to enforce restrictions on ticket sales when there will be plenty to go round? Just let everyone buy as many as they want from day one. Surely it makes life easier for Hibs and the fans.

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Bring it on. :flag:

Everyone will get a ticket

Barney McGrew
19-03-2012, 01:33 PM
**** sake man nobody is moaning just wondering why there is the need to enforce restrictions on ticket sales when there will be plenty to go round? Just let everyone buy as many as they want from day one. Surely it makes life easier for Hibs and the fans.

The best seats are in the North Stand, where we'll probably have about 5-6000 tickets. It's right that season ticket holders get a chance of the best seats first, then members, and then everyone else can get their choice of what's left.

Everyone that wants to go will get a ticket as you say, but for the sake of one week what's the problem with letting those who go week in week out get their ticket/choice first?

Wembley67
19-03-2012, 01:38 PM

Stop moaning.

Moaner.

Mikeystewart
19-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Am I right in thinking there are NO student prices for this game.

I see concession but it says for under 16 and under 16 I certainly am not.

monktonharp
19-03-2012, 01:51 PM
2 tickets per ST holder and 1 per member prior to the public sale sounds fair enough. I disagree totally. same old same old. nonsense.

monktonharp
19-03-2012, 01:54 PM
My view on this.

Anybody that wants to go will be able to get a ticket. So, people waiting on the public sale surely have no need to worry.

If anybody says they're not going just because they can't sit with their mates.... You'd rather be at home or in the pub than be at a Cup Semi Final? :confused: We're better off without you.

In the unlikely event that Hibs had made this unlimited amounts of tickets per ST holder and the tickets sold out: Can you imagine the meltdown on here complaining about all the people getting a ticket that hardly/never go to games and (Insert Username) has missed out even though they go to 20 games a season.

EDIT: and if they made it an open public sale..."What's the point of having a ST/Membership if Ah don't get priority over they plebs"

Let the moaning begin :greengrin:rolleyes:

monktonharp
19-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Should be the same deal if we're there in May. We have around 8,000 season tickets holders and if they get 2 each, this would lead to around 4,000 or so for a public sale. There is very rarely more than 12,000 Hibs fans at ER for a game this seasonhang on a minute. 20000 to Hibs, then 32000 to Aberdeen?:confused:

Mikeystewart
19-03-2012, 02:04 PM
hang on a minute. 20000 to Hibs, then 32000 to Aberdeen?:confused:

You have to factor in hospitality corporate media etc.

StevieC
19-03-2012, 02:06 PM

I'm sure that a huge part of the main stand is taken up with debentures, hospitality and SFA freebie tickets. 20k for each team will probably not be too far off the mark.

Keith_M
19-03-2012, 02:08 PM
:rolleyes:

Do you have a more reasoned response to any of the points I made?

The MAIN point I was trying to make is that, as usual, it's a no win situation for the club.

LancashireHibby
19-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Don't they usually keep a section empty for the time being between the two allocations and whoever sells the quickest is allocated that block if needed? Not that I think we will sell anything more than maybe 15,000ish. I'm a club member but will probably wait until general sale as I will probably need some extras.

Keith_M
19-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Don't they usually keep a section empty for the time being between the two allocations and whoever sells the quickest is allocated that block if needed? Not that I think we will sell anything more than maybe 15,000ish. I'm a club member but will probably wait until general sale as I will probably need some extras.

I was wondering that myself. If they do the same as at the last Semi-Final against Aberdeen, it probably won't be possible becuase they spilt the North Stand down the middle, with just minimal segregation between.

I'm sure we'll be OK with our allocation though. In the unilkely event we sell out the initial 22,000** tickets, I expect we'll get more in the BT South stand.

** going by previous occassion

jgl07
19-03-2012, 02:28 PM
There is a solution to the problem of people wanting to sit together for big matches.

Assuming that the season ticket holders and members able to book online, there could be a 'friends and family' arrangement (with other season ticket holders and members) whereby one could reserve and pay for the ticket on behalf of the whole group. Manchester City have a scheme like this and it works well.

They also have a points based system to give priority to those who go to more home and away matches. You get 10 points for a home match and 20 points for an away match. This builds up over the years. There would be no problem implementing this at Hibs given the technology with the current members cards and season ticket cards.

JennaFletcher
19-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know if they have concession prices for OAPs and Students?

Or just U16?

They are good prices, I know, but only really if you are a full paying adult with kids under 16. Students/OAPs normally get a ticket for £12 a game or so (I know, I know am being moany... £3 more for a glittering semi-final at Hampden...!). But also, I'm not really keen on sitting in the cheapest East/family stand if I'm going to get death glares/shouted at for the odd swear word :wink: I can be animated at times during games!

Can anyone shed some light on this? I might just have to bite my tongue in the East stand! :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2012, 02:37 PM
The official site only mention under 16's as concessions. E-mail or phone the club, Jenna. Anyway, it's a semi-final, treat yourself to a posh seat where you can swear like a sailor :agree:

Monts
19-03-2012, 02:40 PM

Pretty sure we won't meet aberdeen in the final :greengrin:

LancashireHibby
19-03-2012, 02:45 PM
There is a solution to the problem of people wanting to sit together for big matches.

Assuming that the season ticket holders and members able to book online, there could be a 'friends and family' arrangement (with other season ticket holders and members) whereby one could reserve and pay for the ticket on behalf of the whole group. Manchester City have a scheme like this and it works well.
That's not entirely the case as far as I know - there is a period of priority where season ticket holders can buy extra tickets before they go on general sale, but you would only be sat next to them if you hang on until that point and risk being sold out to season ticket holders only. Given the number of season ticket holders we have, 2 per ST is as good a compromise as you'll get.

They also have a points based system to give priority to those who go to more home and away matches. You get 10 points for a home match and 20 points for an away match. This builds up over the years. There would be no problem implementing this at Hibs given the technology with the current members cards and season ticket cards.
There is a problem though in that most games are pay at the gate with no tickets sold in advance.

JennaFletcher
19-03-2012, 02:51 PM
The official site only mention under 16's as concessions. E-mail or phone the club, Jenna. Anyway, it's a semi-final, treat yourself to a posh seat where you can swear like a sailor :agree:

CIS Cup Final 07, I was sitting in U16 area... as I was 16 at the time. The view was nowt spectacular but experience was. What's the view like from North and South stands? Just weighing up whether it's worth the extra £8 because I'm a scruffy & stubborn student like that... well for the next few months anyway. I suppose "that's what the overdraft is for!" :greengrin RBS... debit THIS. 2 tix for Hampden in the finest seats in the house.

Out of curiosity, are there semi-final hospitality packages? I'm not getting carried away with the overdraft, I'm just interested in what packages are available and for how much.

hibeesjoe
19-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Does anybody think there might be a situation where if you keep your ticket stub your guaranteed a final ticket if we make it through. Would be a fair way of doing it, even if season ticket holders still got priority for which area they want to sit in..

MB62
19-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Do you have a more reasoned response to any of the points I made?

The MAIN point I was trying to make is that, as usual, it's a no win situation for the club.

Why is that? i don't think anybody is slagging off the club, merely pointing out that it may not have been necessary to have preffered sales and just go for a straight general sale.

There will be plenty tickets for everybody who wants to go so I don't see a problem with whatever way the club decided to do it.

Mikey
19-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Does anybody think there might be a situation where if you keep your ticket stub your guaranteed a final ticket if we make it through. Would be a fair way of doing it, even if season ticket holders still got priority for which area they want to sit in..

Nope.

If you don't have a 2011/12 season ticket (or club membership) and you want to be guaranteed a cup final ticket you'll have to buy a 2012/13 season ticket.

Let's get there first though :greengrin

Spike Mandela
19-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Stop moaning.

Moaner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVig64dyD-8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2012, 03:12 PM
CIS Cup Final 07, I was sitting in U16 area... as I was 16 at the time. The view was nowt spectacular but experience was. What's the view like from North and South stands? Just weighing up whether it's worth the extra £8 because I'm a scruffy & stubborn student like that... well for the next few months anyway. I suppose "that's what the overdraft is for!" :greengrin RBS... debit THIS. 2 tix for Hampden in the finest seats in the house.

Out of curiosity, are there semi-final hospitality packages? I'm not getting carried away with the overdraft, I'm just interested in what packages are available and for how much.

Aye the view is better from the South and North stands, and as you say, you needn't worry about being on your best behaviour amongst all the kids and families. I'd recommend paying the extra few bob. Dunno about hospitality. It will cerainly be available to those who enjoy a prawn sarnie.....at a price.

Pete
19-03-2012, 03:27 PM
I think this is fair and let's the priority groups get the decent seats.
Doing it this way we will easily shift 20k. Can't wait!

jgl07
19-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Nope.

If you don't have a 2011/12 season ticket (or club membership) and you want to be guaranteed a cup final ticket you'll have to buy a 2012/13 season ticket.

If Hibs reach the final, I suspect that there will be no public sale of tickets. Current season ticket holders (2), those who have bought one for next year (2) and club members (1) will probably account for Hibs' allocation. Some may be restricted to 1 ticket depending on the total allocation and take up of season tickets.

Mikey
19-03-2012, 03:35 PM
If Hibs reach the final, I suspect that there will be no public sale of tickets. Current season ticket holders (2), those who have bought one for next year (2) and club members (1) will probably account for Hibs' allocation. Some may be restricted to 1 ticket depending on the total allocation and take up of season tickets.

I'd be surprised if any group gets 2 tickets but it's pretty irrelevant just now :greengrin

greenlex
19-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Cannae even beat Hearts FFS. They can ram their semi finals far as.

DH1875
19-03-2012, 07:03 PM
So have we got 3 sides of Hampden then? Say's on the official site we've tickets for North, South and East stands. Should have no problem getting a ticket. The final, well that's another story.

greenlex
19-03-2012, 07:09 PM
So have we got 3 sides of Hampden then? Say's on the official site we've tickets for North, South and East stands. Should have no problem getting a ticket. The final, well that's another story.
Half.

Phil MaGlass
20-03-2012, 08:35 AM
There will be absolutely no problem whatsoever in getting your hands on tix for the semi, even IF we do sell our allocation we will be given more to sell, but I honestly dont think we will sell anywhere near 15,000 for this.

.Sean.
20-03-2012, 08:38 AM
What 'end' do we have? Same as the 07 Cup final?

Keith_M
20-03-2012, 08:57 AM
What 'end' do we have? Same as the 07 Cup final?

Yes, but this time only half of the North Stand, instead of the whole thing.

RyeSloan
20-03-2012, 09:16 AM

Sure so the demand for Cup Final tickets will be the same as an SPL match. :confused:

IFONLY
20-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Am I correct in assuming that there are no concessions for the north or south stands.

Hibs90
20-03-2012, 09:19 AM
2nd April to wait to and to be told there's only the ***** seats left :rolleyes:

Only Hibs.

Keith_M
20-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Am I correct in assuming that there are no concessions for the north or south stands.

It looks like it but maybe best ask at the Ticket Office.

kennyh
20-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Donno why anyone is upset at ST' holders getting first dibs on tickets. Of course they should, they put their cash in up front with many paying more than they would if they just walked up. For that they get a couple of benefits and one is priority for Cup Games and rightly so in my opinion.

There are over 20000 T's up for grabs, if we sell out any section I will be amazed but if we do there is the South Upper that can be opened too.

By the time the public sale comes round there will be plenty seats left in all areas some may have crap views some will be good. Its the luck of the draw of what seats are being offered when you go to the shop to buy or online.

It costs £20 to beome a member and you get a Cat B game for free so effectively go to a game and get second priority. That will also get you a Final T as well if we are fortunate enough to get there. Even if we play CFC we would get 23000 T's an even split. I am guessing we have ~ 7000 ST holders and if they all bought 2 each that still leaves 9000 for Hibs Members before there is a public sale. Plenty T's for anyone on the data base. Its friends and family who would miss out. I've never spoken to a Hibs fan who hasn't secured a ticket for a Final.

G G T T H

jgl07
20-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Donno why anyone is upset at ST' holders getting first dibs on tickets. Of course they should, they put their cash in up front with many paying more than they would if they just walked up. For that they get a couple of benefits and one is priority for Cup Games and rightly so in my opinion.

I don't think anybody is complaining. The proposals of two per season ticket holder and then one per member before general sale seems very fair to me.

What annoyed me was the suggestions (at least two have made this point) that season ticket holders should be able to buy an unlimited number of tickets before the general sale.

Spike Mandela
20-03-2012, 02:17 PM
What annoyed me was the suggestions (at least two have made this point) that season ticket holders should be able to buy an unlimited number of tickets before the general sale.

Why not when we all know we aren't going to sell all our allocation.:confused:

If I want to go with my non season ticket mate and our three kids we have to wait for the public sale anyway so for this game what is the point of having restricctions on the number of tickets available to season ticket holders?

It is only a week's delay till the public sale anyway so no big deal but does seem a bit of a pointless exercise. For the final I could understand it but really for this game it's an over complication of a simple sale of tickets.

Hibby Bairn
20-03-2012, 02:55 PM

Will you come back and post please if you find the answer to this? Cheers :aok:

Panda
20-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Worth noting, Hibs semi-final arrangements are not to dissimilar to Aberdeen's

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120320/dons-announce-ticket-details_2212158_2685400

Tickets for the Dons Scottish Cup semi-final against Hibernian at Hampden on Saturday 14th April (12.15 pm kick-off) will go on sale online and at Pittodrie Stadium to season ticket holders and shareholders (those with a minimum of 260 from the original allocation) from 9 a.m. this Saturday 24th March, with a maximum of two tickets per eligible supporter. The ticket office will close at 5.30 p.m.

These top priority groups will have until close of business (5 p.m.) on Saturday 31st March to purchase their tickets with a general sale operating from 9 a.m. on Monday 2nd April.

Aberdeen have been given an initial allocation of 12,500 tickets with prices for the North Stand being £23 for adults. The Club has also been allocated the West Stand with prices at £15 for adults and £5 for Under 16's in the family section. Postal applications will be accepted.

Supporters are also urged to retain their tickets from the SPL match against Inverness Caley Thistle on the 24th March, the game with Dundee United on Saturday 7th April and post-split home games as, in the event of Aberdeen reaching the final, a voucher system will operate.

In light of the early kick off, Pittodrie Stadium will be closed on Saturday 14th April.

Doesn't say on the website, but Aberdeen have also put aside a few sections in the West Stand for a singing section, which fans can ask to purchase tickets for.

Mikey
20-03-2012, 03:28 PM
(Aberdeen) Supporters are also urged to retain their tickets from the SPL match against Inverness Caley Thistle on the 24th March, the game with Dundee United on Saturday 7th April and post-split home games as, in the event of Aberdeen reaching the final, a voucher system will operate.

Light the blue touch paper and stand well back :greengrin

GreenCastle
20-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Why not when we all know we aren't going to sell all our allocation.:confused:

If I want to go with my non season ticket mate and our three kids we have to wait for the public sale anyway so for this game what is the point of having restricctions on the number of tickets available to season ticket holders?

It is only a week's delay till the public sale anyway so no big deal but does seem a bit of a pointless exercise. For the final I could understand it but really for this game it's an over complication of a simple sale of tickets.

:agree:

Season Tickets should be offered first shot on tickets - that would be hard to argue - as it was promised to when season tickets were bought.

But 2 per season ticket is still not ideal and the easiest way to get a big Hibs crowed through.

I said it on the other thread - what would we rather have a full Hibs support and the risk you may not got a perfect seat or a empty end with a decent seat - I would want the team being backed as much as possible. Hampden views are only really restricted behind the goal - really only because it's further away from the pitch - but still not that bad!!

Maybe a restriction of 10 per season ticket - instead of unlimited would have made it easier for groups?

The final would be a different story- 2 per ST holder then but this game the demand won't be as high sadly so just make it easy from the start - yes everyone will get a seat and if it was allowed to buy more together then people would get to sit beside mates - something which adds to match day atmosphere and experience.

Still not going to stop me from going and the ticket prices are great :thumbsup: but common sense sometimes is needed to help fans.

greenlex
20-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Renewed my Season ticket today. Do I get four tickets now?:cb

DH1875
20-03-2012, 06:47 PM
If Aberdeen have got a section for their singing section, have we done the same?

Pretty Boy
20-03-2012, 06:56 PM
If Aberdeen have got a section for their singing section, have we done the same?

We don't have a singing section according to another thread on here.

jgl07
20-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Renewed my Season ticket today. Do I get four tickets now?:cb

Only if you renewed under a different name!