PDA

View Full Version : Tweeting our players

Monts
19-03-2012, 08:54 AM
What can this type of tweet possibly achieve?!

@24spoony the sooner u are away from. hibs the better. useless, heartless prick the worst hibs player since eduardo hurtado ****in *****

To be fair to wotherspoon he retweeted it to show this guy up for the fool he is. If he met DW in the street i bet he wouldn't have said that to his face,

Hibbyradge
19-03-2012, 09:05 AM

@24spoony the sooner u are away from. hibs the better. useless, heartless prick the worst hibs player since eduardo hurtado ****in *****

To be fair to wotherspoon he retweeted it to show this guy up for the fool he is. If he met DW in the street i bet he wouldn't have said that to his face,

He must come from a very loving family.

Johnforr
19-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Think we need to get real ..... DW is going to be a mainstay of our team and if not a big mistake letting him go to join the long list of players "not good enough" who go on to other clubs and flourish ! Support the team ..... Bad or good ..... support !! GGTTH

Pretty Boy
19-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Think we need to get real ..... DW is going to be a mainstay of our team and if not a big mistake letting him go to join the long list of players "not good enough" who go on to other clubs and flourish ! Support the team ..... Bad or good ..... support !! GGTTH

Which players is it that have gone on to flourish elsewhere recently?

MB62
19-03-2012, 10:42 AM

John Rankin?

Thecat23
19-03-2012, 10:44 AM

Vaz Te.. Still can't believe some posters on here were saying he wasn't a good player. That lad had more talent in his big toe than the whole team put together. Never really given a chance here.

Johnforr
19-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Just beat me to it with those two names ....... Either we get behind the team , and I ain't no happy clapper , and yeh put forward our opinions but abuse ..... What exactly does that achieve ?

California-Hibs
19-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Vaz Te.. Still can't believe some posters on here were saying he wasn't a good player. That lad had more talent in his big toe than the whole team put together. Never really given a chance here.

Totally agree with this. Couldn't believe reading some of the incredible comments on here reguarding people not rating him. Complete madness!

Pretty Boy
19-03-2012, 10:52 AM
So 2 players. Hardly a long list.

There's far more of the recently released warming the benches or being spectacularly average elsewhere. There's also a few who don't have a club at all.

I'm not trying to.condone abuse, whoever sent that to Wotherspoon is an idiot but I am.seriously starting to doubt he has what it takes as a player. I'd argue the list of bad players we have had in the last 4 years is far longer than that of those flourishing elsewhere.

CropleyWasGod
19-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Such is the nature of public communication these days. Sad and pathetic, really.

That said, is it really any different from the "goldfish bowl" that so many players describe? The shouting of abuse from the other side of the street, the hard-man in the pub, the numpty at the game hiding behind "I pay my money, I will shout what I want"?

Being a professional footballer is more than just being able to play. They have to develop a thick skin, and be "on" in public all the time. Sometimes I think those abilities are what they are really getting paid all that money for.

Johnforr
19-03-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm sure we could all come up with a list over the years but that's not the point ..... it's gotta be just what do you achieve with abuse ????? I would venture to suggest ... Nothing . We all know things ain't good at ER and have all been angry and/or frustrated for a good few years .... prib since 2007 tbh but where we are right now we need to back the team as much as poss thro bad and good ( or not quite so bad) !!! Cmon GGTTH

silverhibee
19-03-2012, 11:04 AM

No need for it at all, the only suggestion i could make is that football players don't use Twitter to tweet, harsh maybe but save's the hassle of getting the abuse, he gets enough of it when playing for Hibs why would he want more from fans tweeting him at any time of the day.

Pretty Boy
19-03-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm sure we could all come up with a list over the years but that's not the point ..... it's gotta be just what do you achieve with abuse ????? I would venture to suggest ... Nothing . We all know things ain't good at ER and have all been angry and/or frustrated for a good few years .... prib since 2007 tbh but where we are right now we need to back the team as much as poss thro bad and good ( or not quite so bad) !!! Cmon GGTTH

First of all I'll say again I am 100% not condoning abuse, I agree it is counter productive.

What I am saying is I can understand it. Without going all uberfan, I have spent hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds suppporting Hibs in.the last 5 years or so. That's money that could arguably been better spent elsewhere. There's little enjoyment going to games now, even pre and post match pints are a drag now because so few of my mates want to go.

I'm getting very close to just chucking it and being a 3 times a season, semi finals and finals supporter. Attendances over the last couple of years show I'm not the only one. We seem keen as a support to try and blame each other but we don't make the decisions at the club. The board and managers do. We don't force players to go out drinking, we don't force them to look less fit than other teams in the league and we don't.force them to put in substandard perfornances.

Football clubs have made the choice to take supporters for granted. They have chosen to treat us like customers same as any other business. So they can't complain when we, as customers, become unwilling to pay for an inferior product and take our business and money elsewhere.

xyz23jc
19-03-2012, 11:33 AM
John Rankin?

:top marks

The Sea-gull
19-03-2012, 12:48 PM

We could not afford him long term.

As has been said many times, he was not that good for us aside from the odd flash here and there. Poor attitude, had no intention of staying at Hibs beyond the end of his short term deal and probably said as much when he signed. He would not have done well in the SPL down to his attitude rather than ability.

Showed at Barnsley he is a good player when given a run in a team at the level he feels he should be playing.

Steven_Hibs
19-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Lets not kid ourselves, the guy is useless, proves it time and time again on the park, especially yesterday, did he have a prematch chinky? But he doesn't deserve that kind of abuse, I expect Fenlon to empty him in the summer

Mikeystewart
19-03-2012, 12:58 PM
First of all I'll say again I am 100% not condoning abuse, I agree it is counter productive.

What I am saying is I can understand it. Without going all uberfan, I have spent hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds suppporting Hibs in.the last 5 years or so. That's money that could arguably been better spent elsewhere. There's little enjoyment going to games now, even pre and post match pints are a drag now because so few of my mates want to go.

I'm getting very close to just chucking it and being a 3 times a season, semi finals and finals supporter. Attendances over the last couple of years show I'm not the only one. We seem keen as a support to try and blame each other but we don't make the decisions at the club. The board and managers do. We don't force players to go out drinking, we don't force them to look less fit than other teams in the league and we don't.force them to put in substandard perfornances.

Football clubs have made the choice to take supporters for granted. They have chosen to treat us like customers same as any other business. So they can't complain when we, as customers, become unwilling to pay for an inferior product and take our business and money elsewhere.

Exactly my feeling in the whole mess

The board treats the club and its fans like a business so why cant the fans do the same?

Its terms like "part time supporter" that clubs can use to their advantage to emotionally blackmail fans into spending money. They have been doing it for decades, and in Scotland fans are starting to make a statement by not turning up.

SRHibs
19-03-2012, 01:11 PM
We could not afford him long term.

As has been said many times, he was not that good for us aside from the odd flash here and there. Poor attitude, had no intention of staying at Hibs beyond the end of his short term deal and probably said as much when he signed. He would not have done well in the SPL down to his attitude rather than ability.

Showed at Barnsley he is a good player when given a run in a team at the level he feels he should be playing.

What was poor about his attitude? He looked like he was putting in the effort to me.

Frazerbob
19-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Re the tweet.....copmplete idiot and absolutely no need. Stack has been getting similar stuff posted of his Facebook.

Re Spoony.......is it any coincidence that he plays better for Scotland under 21's than he does for Hibs? Against a very good Dutch side a few weeks ago he was right bag of tricks, doing things he'd never dare try in a hibs shirt. Why do you think that is?

johnbc70
19-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Always said his best game in a Hibs shirt was his first, against St Mirren on the opening day of season 2009/2010. There is a player in there, and I hope its at Hibs we see it.

down-the-slope
19-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Re the tweet.....copmplete idiot and absolutely no need. Stack has been getting similar stuff posted of his Facebook.

Re Spoony.......is it any coincidence that he plays better for Scotlan under 21's than he does for Hibs? Against a very good Dutch side a few weeks ago he was right bag of tricks, doing things he'd never dare try in a hibs shirt. Why do you think that is?

:agree: Rankin scoring goals at DUFC is in the same mould.

Fans moan about attitude of players (most of which is speculation) but often its their own attitute - articulated so there can be no doubt - that should be questioned. :rolleyes:

Steven_Hibs
19-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Re Spoony.......is it any coincidence that he plays better for Scotland under 21's than he does for Hibs? Against a very good Dutch side a few weeks ago he was right bag of tricks, doing things he'd never dare try in a hibs shirt. Why do you think that is?

Did you watch the entire game? I seen him overhit crosses and misplace passes a lot. The thing with Wotherspoon is he seems to do the hard things well, like beat three men around him in a tight situation, yet does the easiest bit the worst, like afterwards miskicks the ball or overhits the pass, so inconsistant and frustrating.

CraigHibee
19-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Just beat me to it with those two names ....... Either we get behind the team , and I ain't no happy clapper , and yeh put forward our opinions but abuse ..... What exactly does that achieve?

the square root of ZERO yeah most of us are peed of about the result yesterday, i personally don't think we played THAT bad (tin hat at the ready)

19-03-2012, 03:44 PM

:agree: I thought he was a decent player, was disappointed we let him go.

As for the tweet, fair enough let the players know how disappointed we are and how annoyed we feel that we have been humiliated yet again by our biggest rivals but there is absolutely no need for that, absolute idiot.

Big Frank
19-03-2012, 03:53 PM

I dont know. He may prefer blue to green, but possibly your thinking it could be the Hibernian fans fault? (apologies if you we not meaning that)

MacBean
19-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Few more recent departures that were "chucked too early!"
Felipe Morais flourishing at Oldham
Clayton Donaldson banging them (not so much this season) at Brentford & Crewe
Darryl Duffy - couldn't score for sh*t for us but has been at Cheltenham (and by all accounts playing very well)

Big Frank
19-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Darryl Duffy - couldn't score for sh*t for us but has been at Cheltenham (and by all accounts playing very well)

This only suggest to me that they couldn't hack it at SPL level ?

easty
19-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Did you watch the entire game? I seen him overhit crosses and misplace passes a lot. The thing with Wotherspoon is he seems to do the hard things well, like beat three men around him in a tight situation, yet does the easiest bit the worst, like afterwards miskicks the ball or overhits the pass, so inconsistant and frustrating.

The whole team was poor though. People see what they want to see, and for now it seems people want to see Wotherspoon as the problem (or at least a big part of it..). Meanwhile, and I keep coming back to this I feel, Lewis Stevenson gets away with murder in comparrison. Some people think he actually had a good game on Sunday.

:agree: I thought he was a decent player, was disappointed we let him go.

Ricardo Vaz Te did nothing at Hibs to show that he deserved the type of contract it would have taken to get him to stay. Nothing at all.

easty
19-03-2012, 04:04 PM

Good one.

That'll be the same Clayton Donaldson with 5 goals in 35 games this season. He's on fire.

Darryl Duffy, having a good season (in League 2) where he's got almost as many goals this season as he has in his past 6 seasons combined.

As for Felipe Morais. I wouldnt even take the time to look into his form/record, he was/is just pish.

Wilson
19-03-2012, 04:13 PM

I don't think we got rid of anyone too early. The above players got some first team exposure and, for whatever reasons, they didn't have the impact needed. That they may have found some form elsewhere is neither here nor there. They were signed to be successful for us and, in their time with us, they were not.

When we sign players we need players who are ready to play and play well. That is where, I think, Fenlon is having more success than his predecessors. Although a tad inconsistent he has found players, in the likes of McPake and Francombe, who added quality and hit the ground running. Because we operate with a small squad and not much quality in depth that is what we need.

We can't wait and see for very long or give players a season or two to find their feet. If they don't settle and contribute quickly then we have to change things and find players that will. The likes of Hearts, Motherwell, and Dundee United have been consistently better at doing this than we have. Hopefully that will change for us under Pat.

Franck Stanton
19-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Lets face facts lads [& lassies], the WHOLE team yesterday were crap. NOT ONE of them turned in a performance. Hearts weren't that good, [didn't have to be], and still won at a cantor. We bottle it every time we play them and have done for years. Prior to the game we heard all the usual noises, "Players are up for it", "more resiliant team this time" "bring it on" etc etc etc - total and utter keek. Yet again we let ourselves down badly. To lay the blame at Spoony's, [ or any other individual player for that matter], is toyally wrong. They were all overawed and didn't try a leg.

Frazerbob
19-03-2012, 04:39 PM
I dont know. He may prefer blue to green, but possibly your thinking it could be the Hibernian fans fault? (apologies if you we not meaning that)

What I was suggesting is that he seems to play with more freedom and less pressure when representing Scotland. ONE of the reasons for that MIGHT be that there is less grief coming from the stands. I'm sure there are other factors as well, such as less general pressure than when battling against relegation, trying to win bonuses etc which won't play a part in under 21 internationals.

pentlando
19-03-2012, 05:09 PM
What I was suggesting is that he seems to play with more freedom and less pressure when representing Scotland. ONE of the reasons for that MIGHT be that there is less grief coming from the stands. I'm sure there are other factors as well, such as less general pressure than when battling against relegation, trying to win bonuses etc which won't play a part in under 21 internationals.

Nothing easier than playing with freedom, teams playing well, no-one in the stand watching the 21's game is likely to get too upset by missed passes and lost games. I agree with you that if the atmosphere at Hibs games was better he would be.

However its not. Like it or not we are in a relegation battle, where every pass really matters, every game really matters and it's unnatural for fans to be delighted in this situation. These situations turn boys to men, and hopefully DW and the rest of the Hibs side will be better for it when we do stay up.

Johnforr
19-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Yip we had a mare first half yesterday but I cannot believe the abuse that individual players take .... it's a team game and .... tin hat time here..... we win lose or draw as a team . Nothing wrong with saying so and so had a bad gme or made some mistakes ... tbh how many of us have perfect days at work .... Even comparing players to others in the " entertainment " business ... how many hve a perfect day every time ..... very few I'll bet. I for one have been impressed by especially Lewis S since Fenlon came in ..... And I'll stick to my point DW we should work with an I'm sure we will see a real talented player ... hopefully for the mighty Hibees ...