PDA

View Full Version : Delete the anti-hibs & Negative hibs threads

spike220
19-03-2012, 07:13 AM
There must be something in the rules to stop people spouting this anti-hibs garbage on here. And dont give me it because we care so mush B.S.:grr::grr::grr:

The Sea-gull
19-03-2012, 07:59 AM
There must be something in the rules to stop people spouting this anti-hibs garbage on here. And dont give me it because we care so mush B.S.:grr::grr::grr:

Nobody likes reading stuff that can be claimed to be anti-Hibs or negative but there has been not a lot to be positive about Hibs in years and forums like this do give a sounding board.

Folk aren't making negative posts because of one derby defeat. They are doing it out of frustration at losing 8 of the last 9 derbies. No wins in three years in that fixture. An awful 2 years following Hibs. Terrible results and performances despite massive changes in playing staff and managers. Home record pitiful. Standard of player and football terrible. And 109 years without winning the Scottish cup - though one shining positve is that could still change this year!

We all love Hibs, some people show it by resolutely and (at times blindly in the face of avoiding the truth or spinning the truth) defending the club and others get a wee bit angry and frustrated and make negative postings.

CropleyWasGod
19-03-2012, 08:02 AM

Pravda-type manipulation is reserved for over the road. :wink:

Pretty Boy
19-03-2012, 08:05 AM

In the last 3 weeks I have spent £24 on a ticket to watch us play St Mirren, £20 for Ayr plus £12 for a bus and £33 for Tynecastle. That's almost £90 in tickets and travel, factor in drinks and that's pushing £150.

If I want to have a moan after a gutless Derby defeat then I will.

mcfly
19-03-2012, 08:15 AM

If people pay good money to watch that rubbish we saw yesterday then they have every right to vent their anger. We were promised a performance from our manager yesterday. We didn't get one just the usual rollover and easy hearts victory. Talk is cheap mr Fenlon. We deserve better

RIP
19-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Nobody likes reading stuff that can be claimed to be anti-Hibs or negative but there has been not a lot to be positive about Hibs in years and forums like this do give a sounding board.

Folk aren't making negative posts because of one derby defeat. They are doing it out of frustration at losing 8 of the last 9 derbies. No wins in three years in that fixture. An awful 2 years following Hibs. Terrible results and performances DUE TO THE FOOTBALLING INSTABILITY CREATED BY FANS WHO CONSTANTLY CLAMOUR FOR massive changes in playing staff and managers. Home record pitiful. Standard of player and football terrible. And 109 years without winning the Scottish cup - though one shining positve is that could still change this year!

We all love Hibs, some people show it by resolutely and (at times blindly in the face of avoiding the truth or spinning the truth) defending the club and others get a wee bit angry and frustrated and make negative postings.

Great post but I had to fix one bit :greengrin

hibbymac
19-03-2012, 08:47 AM

About sums up your post. :doh:

The Sea-gull
19-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Great post but I had to fix one bit :greengrin

Fair point, there is an element of blame to be laid at the fans' impatience but I don't think that it hides the fact that some seriously bad footballing decisions have been made by the people who run the club in recent years.

down the slope
19-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Ok , just for a change from me -everything is fine ! does that make it better ?.

steviehibsleith
19-03-2012, 10:52 AM
No one on hibs.net is anti hibs - it is a forum where everyone is entitled to a opinion and if pretty boy has paid £90 to hibs in the last 3 weeks supporting them hes entitled to let off steam and in his actions of going to games unlike many shows he is anything but anti-hibs.

down the slope
19-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Moaning on here is not anti Hibs , it's anti losing.

silverhibee
19-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Ok , just for a change from me -everything is fine ! does that make it better ?.

Call this man a doctor promptly. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2012, 11:45 AM
You can't be serious, Spike, when you suggest deleting negative threads? What's the point of a fans forum if it isn't for people to talk openly and exchange ideas? You can agree or disagree, argue your point, but let's not censor the views of fans who are expressing an honest opinion. I haven't seen any anti-Hibs threads, which are a very different thing from negative threads posted by fans who are thoroughly fed up. Let's not confuse criticism with lack of support.

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2012, 01:28 PM

Have the admins held a recruitment day for .net thread Police???? :confused:

I only ask as there seems to one popping up nearly every day! :greengrin

sesoim
19-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Moaning on here is not anti Hibs , it's anti losing.

:agree: Spot on. Most of us post on here because we fancy ourselves as managers. And football managers moan more than anybody!

sesoim
19-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Have the admins held a recruitment day for .net thread Police???? :confused:

I only ask as there seems to one popping up nearly every day! :greengrin

A reflection of where society is heading. Thinking the wrong thoughts will be banned in the future.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Maybe we need a happy-clapper prefix so that some of the more sensitive souls can be a wee bit more cautious and only view threads that won't offend?

jgl07
19-03-2012, 03:27 PM
If all the negative stuff was taken out there would be nothing left apart from the Yam finances and Rangers in Administration threads!

iain nolan
19-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Am sure most off the fans who make comments a true hibees . i dont think anybody is anti hibs as we only say what we feel . Hibs could win every game and some fans would find something wrong with something is that not how WE LOVE THE GAME . every hibs fan thinks we could do better than the manager at picking the team each week and moan when it goes wrong , we shout at players and think we could play better , the referee gets it the board get it
ITS WHY WE LOVE THE GAME FOOTBALL . :flag:

spike220
20-03-2012, 08:26 AM
I have read all your thoughts and changed my mind.

PF needs to print all this negative threads off and post up in the changing rooms at Easter Road and East Mains (not my idea someone else came up with that!).

I love forums like this where you can change your mind without ridicule or consequences. :greengrin

GGTTH
:flag::flag::flag:

Ozyhibby
20-03-2012, 09:11 AM
The club could stop it stone dead by getting in some decent players and a decent manager.

Beefster
20-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Seeing as we're on the subject of censorship, can I nominate any thread that contains a pun or posts by TQM, BH or bighairyfaeleith. The banning of those would make my life full of sunshine.

Kthxbye.

CropleyWasGod
20-03-2012, 09:15 AM
The club could stop it stone dead by getting in some decent players and a decent manager.

Yeah, that'll work.

Not. :greengrin