PDA

View Full Version : Hibs support

.Sean.
18-03-2012, 11:02 PM
What a load of *****. The only 'songs' folk fancied singing were about paedophiles and a man that's been dead for 6 years. Myself and a couple pals tried singing Hibs songs but nobody seemed interested. The Mercer patter is boring, and it's getting utter ****ing cringeworthy, tbh.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Must admit, I'm getting a bit fed up with all the Craig Thomson songs and stuff about paedophiles. :agree:

God Petrie
18-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Got a few songs I wanted to sing but was hesitant to crack them out until I ran them past yourself for vetting since you're obviously the hibs police.

.Sean.
18-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Got a few songs I wanted to sing but was hesitant to crack them out until I ran them past yourself for vetting since you're obviously the hibs police.

Apologies, I take it you think the players get some sort of lift hearing ***** about Mercer and Thompson as opposed to singing Hibs songs?

SunshineOnLeith
18-03-2012, 11:24 PM
You were definitely the Best Hibs Fan at Tynecastle today, Sean.

An example to us all :not worth

Big Frank
18-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Apologies, I take it you think the players get some sort of lift hearing ***** about Mercer and Thompson as opposed to singing Hibs songs?

....which has nothing to do with anything.

It would appear everything to do with the cabbage has been lambasted since the end of the derby. You've nothing else to moan at so you take a pop at the support.

and the beat goes on....

God Petrie
18-03-2012, 11:25 PM

Imagine singing about your rivals during a derby! I'd imagine the players were shocked at such disgraceful behaviour from the hibs support. I can't blame them for losing considering the half time tactics to get the hibs support to sing the right songs clearly didn't work.

1987green
18-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Come on then Sean enlighten us what songs would have lifted the players today then :confused:

Matty_Jack04
19-03-2012, 05:47 AM
What a load of *****. The only 'songs' folk fancied singing were about paedophiles and a man that's been dead for 6 years. Myself and a couple pals tried singing Hibs songs but nobody seemed interested. The Mercer patter is boring, and it's getting utter ****ing cringeworthy, tbh.

I agree.

Gatecrasher
19-03-2012, 05:51 AM
The atmosphere at derbies these days are pish IMO, the op is correct all songs from both sides about calling each other gay and peado etc, it's primary school stuff.

1two
19-03-2012, 05:54 AM
I'm with Sean and was goin to start a thread till I seem this.
Our support needs to grow up. Singing about Craig Thompson hardly lifts our own spirits, never mind the teams. It's poor banter, childish, not funny anymore and cringeworthy.

Summed up in one word its 'classless' and shouldn't be the hibs way.

hibsbollah
19-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Agree with sean.

lucky
19-03-2012, 06:11 AM
What support? Like the team it was a token gesture.

ano hibby
19-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Our support needs to grow up. Singing about Craig Thompson hardly lifts our own spirits, never mind the teams. It's poor banter, childish, not funny anymore and cringeworthy.

Agree, pretty depressing..spent the whole time explaining to my son what the words were, what it meant etc. Could see him thinking in an 11 year old way 'WTF does this have to do with supporting Hibs'. Pretty low after the result but on reflection just as depressed about the point in the OP.

Jack
19-03-2012, 07:01 AM
I half agree with you Sean but there still is a place for these songs at derbies. Its just a shame they often seem to be the most sung, the loudest sung and loads of folk belt them out in preference to our own.

Keep trying though, there's hope.

Pretty Boy
19-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Whilst I agree that some of the songs were pretty cringeworthy, at least those of us at Tynecastle actually bothered our erses to go through the 'hassle' of getting tickets in the first place.

I'm sure there were plenty folk with reasonable excuses for not being there, financial, travel etc but there were a hell of a lot more who were just desperate for an excuse.

I'm pretty sure seeing a half empty stand was far more of a downer for the players than a song about Craig Thompson.

SMAXXA
19-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Whilst I agree that some of the songs were pretty cringeworthy, at least those of us at Tynecastle actually bothered our erses to go through the 'hassle' of getting tickets in the first place.

I'm sure there were plenty folk with reasonable excuses for not being there, financial, travel etc but there were a hell of a lot more who were just desperate for an excuse.

I'm pretty sure seeing a half empty stand was far more of a downer for the players than a song about Craig Thompson.

This

jon paul jones
19-03-2012, 08:10 AM

Hi Sean

its always the same chat with 10-20% doing the singing/watching the game and 80% primarily watching the game expecting another to create the atmosphere to add to their match experience and value. If you are at a home game and are p***ed off with the lack of involvement by fellow fans, either come over to section 42-44 in the east stand and join in. For the more adventurous, stand up and sing. My happy clapper hands are for hire if you need someone to back you up in another section and want to test the water so to speak.

jon paul jones
19-03-2012, 08:16 AM
I need a new laptop...firkin buttons.

Anyhoo, I sit in section 43 but dont sing the Thomson song or wallace mercer because it isnt hibs class. Not saying that it doesnt have its place but there are plenty of toons to get the place rocking. i take a break and rest the lungs before launching into the next song.

Sean, 12th man, myself and others are always looking for different ways to encourage fan participation. Happy to help if you want to pitch any. PM me if you want.

RIP
19-03-2012, 08:27 AM
I need a new laptop...firkin buttons.

Anyhoo, I sit in section 43 but dont sing the Thomson song or wallace mercer because it isnt hibs class. Not saying that it doesnt have its place but there are plenty of toons to get the place rocking. i take a break and rest the lungs before launching into the next song.

Sean, 12th man, myself and others are always looking for different ways to encourage fan participation. Happy to help if you want to pitch any. PM me if you want.

This!

We have almost completely eradicated this classless pish from the standing section at Easter Road but it's not surprising they get trotted out at the Pink Palace. I could only watch recorded highlights but I thought I heard the odd Hibs song yesterday??

Let's move on. We have some important games between now and the end of the season and we need to keep our support united.

We are all hurting right now but we need to put yesterday behind us and focus on United and plans for the Cup Semi

GGTTH

Gatecrasher
19-03-2012, 08:45 AM

I have to disagree with you on this post, I wasnt at the PBS on Sunday but I do go to ER and I do hear this 'banter' from both sets of support at derbies at ER. This isn't a new thing. I'm all for having a go at our rivals but this gay, peado pish needs to stop. It's a bit sad to be honest. People rightly have a go at the OF for the songs they sing but i think some of the songs being belted out during the derby are not far off that level.

givescotlandfreedom
19-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Yesterday I heard:
Hail hail
We are Hibernian FC
Glory glory
We hate Glasgow Rangers
Turnbull's tornados
Ooh to be
Hibees chants
And the couple if naughty ones you mention. Just the usual.

Shrekko
19-03-2012, 09:45 AM
This!

We have almost completely eradicated this classless pish from the standing section at Easter Road but it's not surprising they get trotted out at the Pink Palace. I could only watch recorded highlights but I thought I heard the odd Hibs song yesterday??

Let's move on. We have some important games between now and the end of the season and we need to keep our support united.

We are all hurting right now but we need to put yesterday behind us and focus on United and plans for the Cup Semi

GGTTH

No lets not move on if this utter p*** is going to continue. It's not just 1 or 2 folk singing this.

The constant singing of song's about paedos (and Mercer) is an absolute embarrassment to the club and if people think saying 'oh you're the song police are you?' makes it alright then you're sadly mistaken. It makes going to away games in particular less than appealing.

I keep reading things from the likes of you saying that this organised singing section has eradicated this type of stuff which is basically lies. There were several references to Mercer in songs at AYR!! That game also featured that new ' I Am the Music Man' tune which has a line about 'I play with children' FFS, about 7/8 times, and it was also sang constantly at one point in the first half yesterday.

I dont give 2 ***** about all these people using all the generic 'political correctness gone mad' arguments or making excuses because it's just daft laddies and we all did the same at their age. No we didnae!!

Those who can influence this type of thing should be re-doubling their efforts to eradicate it.

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 10:01 AM
I thought there was a fair bit of Hibs songs sung yesterday. "nobody seems interested" load of rubbish, when a Hibs song was sung yesterday everyone round me joined in, and you can hear on the highlights it was sung very loud.

ShanksSaidNo
19-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Completely agree with Sean. On the whole our 'go to' songbook is p*sh.

WHAM
19-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Totally agree with Sean

Hibs support has been gash at Tynecastle for the last few years now. Never as "up for it" or loud as it used to be. Maybe its got something to do with our poor derby run but surely that's more reason to make some noise and give the players our backing!

Leigh Griffiths and Tom Soares a couple of times were gave the old arm gestures for everyone to raise the noise levels so obviously the players do notice this as well.

The Craig Thomson does have its place at the derby but for it to be the only song that seemed to be sung in unison by the whole Hibs support for about 8 verses is depressing.

Why the can't the whole support sing a Hibs song i.e we are Hibernian FC, hail hail, Bertie Me song etc. for more than 1 verse!?:confused:

Get a grip you quiet

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Get a grip you quiet

:hilarious

Chuck Rhoades
19-03-2012, 11:24 AM

Our support was awful yesterday. If only the noise created at the corteo was carried into ground. Our mentality against them is wrong on so many levels; however it's hardly surprising giving our record there.

smack
19-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Yesterday I heard:
Hail hail
We are Hibernian FC
Glory glory
We hate Glasgow Rangers
Turnbull's tornados
Ooh to be
Hibees chants
And the couple if naughty ones you mention. Just the usual.

What tune do you sing that to? It doesn't even rhyme

silverhibee
19-03-2012, 11:41 AM

****ing spot on PB. :top marks

Its the F***ing Derby, our biggest rivals, the game you look forward to most in the season and we struggled to sell half our allocation out at the PBS, but we can take 3000 + down to Ayr for a cup game, like you it has cost me a wee fortune over the last few weeks supporting Hibs getting tickets for me and my son, petrol money, and the rest you spend your money on going to game's, and do you know what, i will be there at the weekend spending my hard earned cash to go and watch the Hibs again, its what me and the son do at the weekend, SUPPORT THE HIBS. :flag:

As you say, yes some of the songs were not pretty, but so what no one died because of these songs, and at least we made the effort to go a long and support the team.

If you couldn't afford it, fair enough, if you couldn't make it due to the stupid kick-off time, fair enough, but if you could make it then you should have been along supporting the team. imo

Big Frank
19-03-2012, 11:47 AM

Spot on PB.

Moaning about what one ******** sings at a derby is way, way down the priorities! We have far more things to concern ourselves with. I reiterate my point in that everything to do with the cabbage was getting lambasted, it was only a matter of time before fellow fans were in the firing line.

BUT,

this doesn't make Sean any less wrong!

judas
19-03-2012, 11:52 AM

Trouble is, that the singers are unable to read and will therefore not be on hibs net to see your comments.

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2012, 11:57 AM
We have a good songbook which can make for a terrific atmosphere. We can be proud we avoid the sectarian nonsense that you get at Hearts. However, references to paedophilia need to go, IMHO. Not an issue that falls into the banter category.

Shrekko
19-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Spot on PB.

Moaning about what one ******** sings at a derby is way, way down the priorities! We have far more things to concern ourselves with. I reiterate my point in that everything to do with the cabbage was getting lambasted, it was only a matter of time before fellow fans were in the firing line.

BUT,

this doesn't make Sean any less wrong!

Oh aye - 'fellow fans' eh? We should really be sticking together regardless on anything eh?

I also dont get this argument about it being way down the priorities. It's a forum where ANYTHING can be discussed and I've never read anybody say it is the most important thing going on at the moment.

I'm reading lots of things trying to deflect from the issue but nobody actually explaining why they want to go to a football match and sing about children being abused. A 'Craig Thomson song' apparently has it's place in a derby, according to some on here, but can one of the many hundreds singing it several times at Ayr explain to me why? The obsession with 'paedo' related chants is starting to creep me out tbh and it IS embarrassing.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Well this is new, i was under the impression the hardcore support that bother to turn up at tynie are the better fans, and we dont need those part timers who dont bother going?

I'm confused now. :greengrin

H18S NX
19-03-2012, 12:22 PM
****ing spot on PB. :top marks

Its the F***ing Derby, our biggest rivals, the game you look forward to most in the season and we struggled to sell half our allocation out at the PBS, but we can take 3000 + down to Ayr for a cup game, like you it has cost me a wee fortune over the last few weeks supporting Hibs getting tickets for me and my son, petrol money, and the rest you spend your money on going to game's, and do you know what, i will be there at the weekend spending my hard earned cash to go and watch the Hibs again, its what me and the son do at the weekend, SUPPORT THE HIBS. :flag:

As you say, yes some of the songs were not pretty, but so what no one died because of these songs, and at least we made the effort to go a long and support the team.

If you couldn't afford it, fair enough, if you couldn't make it due to the stupid kick-off time, fair enough, but if you could make it then you should have been along supporting the team. imo
i thought hibs sold out their 1874 ticket allocation.

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2012, 12:27 PM
i thought hibs sold out their 1874 ticket allocation.

:taxi

Big Frank
19-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Oh aye - 'fellow fans' eh? We should really be sticking together regardless on anything eh?

what are you on about? who meantioned sticking together regardless :confused: ... I would suggest that those supporters standing in the Hibernian end at a football ground, are, yes, fellow fans.

I also dont get this argument about it being way down the priorities. It's a forum where ANYTHING can be discussed and I've never read anybody say it is the most important thing going on at the moment.

Hibernian have been going slowly but surely downhill since the final whistle blew against Kilmarknock in 2007. We have had a series of disaterous managers and players. We have had to deal with colin ****ing calderwood and all that that entails, we are losing season ticket holders and walk up fans in their droves, we have half a team of loanees, and the other half shrinking violets, and a derby record of no wins in 10 - almost 3 years. We sit 2nd bottom of an absolutely awful league, almost every team has handed us a pumping this season. We have been outplayed and outfought nearly every time we take the field. Yes, I would suggest for Hibernian FC, what a few ********s sing is a fairly low priority. It may not be the much vaunted (but never seen) "Hibs Class", but there are ********s in every support.

I'm reading lots of things trying to deflect from the issue but nobody actually explaining why they want to go to a football match and sing about children being abused. A 'Craig Thomson song' apparently has it's place in a derby, according to some on here, but can one of the many hundreds singing it several times at Ayr explain to me why? The obsession with 'paedo' related chants is starting to creep me out tbh and it IS embarrassing.

People are not "signing" about children being abused. FFS. They are signing about a Hertz player. They were signing it at Ayr. They are obviously not very bright. Why you should find it embarrassing I'm not sure. These morons are embarrasssing themselves. Not you. (or the club. And I say the club, because, apart from us Hibbys, no one in Scotland really gives a flying one unless the infirm are involved.

Taz_hibee
19-03-2012, 12:56 PM

I agree as well

HibeeMcGinn1
19-03-2012, 01:04 PM

You were definitely the Best Hibs Fan at Tynecastle today, Sean.

An example to us all :not worth

Come on then Sean enlighten us what songs would have lifted the players today then :confused:

a guy comes on with a perfectly good point and the perfect police are back again. some people on here are pretty pathetic

Hibs90
19-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Would this thread have been here if Hibs had won yesterday? :confused:

Paisley Hibby
19-03-2012, 05:23 PM

spot on :agree:

Paisley Hibby
19-03-2012, 05:24 PM

I'd like to think so. That stuff is wrong all the time, not just when we get beat!

Jack
19-03-2012, 05:54 PM

Probably

Monts
19-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Its been coming for a while now. We need to cut out the immature mercer and paedo chants. They are embarrassing to the club. I disagree that they have a place at the derby. Why does it being a derby make a difference? The fact that its a derby should mean the team getting more support, not some stupid immature attempts at point scoring.

j'adore hibs
19-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Its been coming for a while now. We need to cut out the immature mercer and paedo chants. They are embarrassing to the club. I disagree that they have a place at the derby. Why does it being a derby make a difference? The fact that its a derby should mean the team getting more support, not some stupid immature attempts at point scoring.

agreed but if you take the murrayfiled hotel as an example we'd lose our neandrethal support who drag their knuckles around looking for a fight, oh hold on....................

Fantic
19-03-2012, 07:45 PM
agreed but if you take the murrayfiled hotel as an example we'd lose our neandrethal support who drag their knuckles around looking for a fight, oh hold on....................

Anyone know what happened outside the murrayfield yesterday. When I walked past there were plenty polis taking peoples details.

Jonnyboy
19-03-2012, 07:59 PM
The Mercer and Paedo songs are not songs supporting the side as it plays and tries to win. As such and for other obvious reasons they should be ditched ASAP

BUT

I think the tendency to criticise Section 43 and the 12th Man groups is unfair. Those guys were almost all in the one area at Tynie whereas those songs were widely sung throughout our support. I had to laugh at two young lassies sitting near me as they stood and joined in with those songs but spent the rest of the time sitting chatting whilst the game was going on and everyone else was standing up.

The point I'm trying to make is that aiming criticism at those organised groups for songs sung by others is unfair

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 08:01 PM
The Mercer and Paedo songs are not songs supporting the side as it plays and tries to win. As such and for other obvious reasons they should be ditched ASAP

BUT

I think the tendency to criticise Section 43 and the 12th Man groups is unfair. Those guys were almost all in the one area at Tynie whereas those songs were widely sung throughout our support. I had to laugh at two young lassies sitting near me as they stood and joined in with those songs but spent the rest of the time sitting chatting whilst the game was going on and everyone else was standing up.

The point I'm trying to make is that aiming criticism at those organised groups for songs sung by others is unfair

We were at the very front of the stand, and not one person around me actually started any of the Mercer songs. They came from further back in the stand tbf. Yeah i joined in but nobody can blame S43 for it.

Reaper
19-03-2012, 08:34 PM
It doesn't bother me what songs others sing. Some are cringeworthy and each person on here is entitled to an opinion, unfortunately what is supposed to be a forum for discussion turns into people slating others for doing something they don't think is right. It's up to others what they do and sometimes the club may be embarrased but at the minute the players are doing a good enough job of that.

IMO the Craig Thomson song is wrong but others choose to sing it and it's not for me to say what they should and shouldn't do. On the other hand I am a Hypocrite and I sing the Mercer song and will sing about that ****er until the day I die, cos **** him. He was a despicable human being with no apathy for Hibs and IMO doesn't deserve any apathy from us.

That's just my Opinion and I'll fire my tin hat on for the pelters I'll get from the alleged better Hibs fans than me.:cb

Shrekko
19-03-2012, 09:11 PM

BUT

Think it's very naive to think that those paedo/Mercer chants don't originate from people involved in the organised groups. Yes others join in and maybe even start them in the first place but we keep being told that Section 43 or whatever they're called have eradicated these songs which is rubbish. At Ayr certainly it was the boys with the flags etc that were giving it big licks. Also, when they've been sung at home games its always from the same bit. Remember they spent a whole game chanting that Allan MacGregor was a paedo?

If people honestly think these songs should embarrass other fans or the club then they're in cloud cuckoo land. The nature of football fans is to tar all with the same brush.

Can you think of any other SPL club whose fans sing so much about paedos and a guy that died years ago?

Our fans used to have wit and class, but the past 10-15 years or so have seen a big shift away from that.

Jonnyboy
19-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Think it's very naive to think that those paedo/Mercer chants don't originate from people involved in the organised groups. Yes others join in and maybe even start them in the first place but we keep being told that Section 43 or whatever they're called have eradicated these songs which is rubbish. At Ayr certainly it was the boys with the flags etc that were giving it big licks. Also, when they've been sung at home games its always from the same bit. Remember they spent a whole game chanting that Allan MacGregor was a paedo?

If people honestly think these songs should embarrass other fans or the club then they're in cloud cuckoo land. The nature of football fans is to tar all with the same brush.

Can you think of any other SPL club whose fans sing so much about paedos and a guy that died years ago?

Our fans used to have wit and class, but the past 10-15 years or so have seen a big shift away from that.

And equally naive to think that they do, surely? Yes there are folk who join these groups at every game and yes they do sing these songs at times but in fairness to the guys trying to organise these groups they are trying very hard to eradicate that nonsense.

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 09:18 PM

The older members of Sect 43 have been trying to eradicate the songs, and doing it successfully. Not heard one at ER for ages. And at Ayr and as i said Tynie i was right in among all of the lads from the Sect 43 group and i can honestly say it was none of them starting the paedo/mercer songs. If you don't believe that then fair enough, but it is true.

Bishop Hibee
19-03-2012, 09:27 PM
We've more to worry about than what was/wasn't chanted yesterday. We're in a relegation battle FFS.

For what it's worth, both sets of fans have chanted equally bad if not worse at each other or rival players over the years. I was at the game and the Hibs support was loud at times given the rubbish we endured on the pitch.

mca
19-03-2012, 09:43 PM
IMO the Craig Thomson song is wrong but others choose to sing it and it's not for me to say what they should and shouldn't do. On the other hand I am a Hypocrite and I sing the Mercer song and will sing about that ****er until the day I die

aye - ye can add me to that as well... :agree:

mercer is as much our history as the famous five or 6-2 and 7-0 !!

i like the song - its catchy and annoys the **** out the jambo faithfull !!!

you can hate me as much as the jambos - if you like :na na:

dirtydirk
19-03-2012, 09:49 PM
I was at Dunfermline away and there was some of the sect 43 or whatever singing the paedo and mercer songs yet half of them were about 13 year old. Not making excuses but It seems to be when we are playing shi*te that the fans have nothing to sing about other than other clubs/players downfalls. Gone are the Mowbray days of 'sssshhh and your not very good'.

RIP
19-03-2012, 09:53 PM
I keep reading things from the likes of you saying that this organised singing section has eradicated this type of stuff which is basically lies.

Those who can influence this type of thing should be re-doubling their efforts to eradicate it.

What a load of flakin tolies. Organised singing section :crazy:

I've been going to the standing area at Easter Road since the sixties and I'm yet to witness any organised singing. What parallel universe do you live in?

Why don't you come over to Section43 CC and DD at the next game and influence 'this type of thing'

Naw - ah didnae think so :rolleyes:

1two
19-03-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't sing the mercer song but I'm not against it, and it does relate to hibs hearts derby.

However.....
"what can you play?
I play with children!
Paedophile ......."

It's ****ing deplorable. I honestly can't see how this has caught on and were singing it. It was definitely the loudest we were at Tynie during one (one of the many) renditions of this and its just truly disgusting.

If anyone can read the words to that song without cringing then there is something wrong

Shrekko
19-03-2012, 10:19 PM

I've been going to the standing area at Easter Road since the sixties and I'm yet to witness any organised singing. What parallel universe do you live in?

Why don't you come over to Section43 CC and DD at the next game and influence 'this type of thing'

So it's not an organised singing section now? Was it not originally called 'the singing section'? I'm really confused now.

As for influencing- exactly what can be done? If folk are hell bent on singing about paedos and celebrating folk being 'deid' what exactly do you do? It's you who keeps saying the group (I nearly said 'organisation'!!) are eradicating this crap. In my view it's up to the individuals and most seem fairly unrepentant going by what you read on here.

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 10:21 PM
So it's not an organised singing section now? Was it not originally called 'the singing section'? I'm really confused now.

As for influencing- exactly what can be done? If folk are hell bent on singing about paedos and celebrating folk being 'deid' what exactly do you do? It's you who keeps saying the group (I nearly said 'organisation'!!) are eradicating this crap. In my view it's up to the individuals and most seem fairly unrepentant going by what you read on here.

It's not organised, but that's where the singing comes from. Surely that logic is understandable, if not i worry for you?

And the measures to stop it happening are true. If a younger laddie in the section starts singing it the older folk around have a quiet word to stop them, and it's been posted all over the forums to encourage people to stop.

mca
19-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Hibs fans - what about this lot for a derby - i hope the link works..

totally mental - petrol bombs the lot..

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/athens-derby-abandoned-fans-riot-143511986.html

Dirkster23
19-03-2012, 10:32 PM

C'mon Gogs, you've got posts on here discussing how it wouldn't work moving the singing section from the East to the FF lower. You maybe don't like the thought of an organised singing section but that's exactly what's been created.

Shrekko
19-03-2012, 10:34 PM
It's not organised, but that's where the singing comes from. Surely that logic is understandable, if not i worry for you?

And the measures to stop it happening are true. If a younger laddie in the section starts singing it the older folk around have a quiet word to stop them, and it's been posted all over the forums to encourage people to stop.

This is getting comical.

The section was made a designated singing section where leaders of the group were encouraging folk who wanted to sing to go to. It was organised that the would be singers would congregate there- it wasn't just co-incidence.

I actually couldn't give a toss about that and don't patronise me by saying you worry for me. You've admitted on this thread that you joined in the song that goes on about playing with children. Maybe the 'older folk' aren't getting through to you if you're giving it laldy at away games? Worry about yourself wee man.

Pretty Boy
19-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Are people now seriously trying to.claim the singing section/section 43 aren't organised?

What about the banners you have openly advertising and supporting your group in.addition to the Hibs stuff? What about the posts detailing how much cash you guys spend putting on displays etc whenever anyone dares criticise you? Even on this thread by saying you self police and 'eradicate' certain songs and inviting folk to come sit next to you shows a certain level of organisation.

As said above you may not like being referred to as an organised singing.section but to the untrained eye that's exactly what you appear to be.

Green Cabbage 7
19-03-2012, 10:44 PM

Agree with you on everything but the classless and shouldn't be the hibs way! I feel that's saying you can't support hibs unless you do it in a certain way sorry but feel its freedom of choice and we should not be taking the high ground and look down on other supporters hibs for me are for everybody not just an elite few

HibeeMcGinn1
19-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Anyone know what happened outside the murrayfield yesterday. When I walked past there were plenty polis taking peoples details.

From what I seen there was no bother at all. Police had 2 riot vans parked outside and were constantly filming everyone from over the road and occasionally sending 3/4 police in to walk about the place. No need in it at all IMO.

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 11:30 PM
From what I seen there was no bother at all. Police had 2 riot vans parked outside and were constantly filming everyone from over the road and occasionally sending 3/4 police in to walk about the place. No need in it at all IMO.

:agree: It was all just singing etc, no trouble at all from what i saw, but with that many police about i can see why people would have thought something had happened.

RIP
19-03-2012, 11:57 PM
I thought the OP was spot on by bringing people to task for singing trash about paedos. These songs do nothing to support the team or motivate fellow supporters. However I suspect the mindless morons that sing this garbage aren't listening and maybe don't even post on Hibs.Net.

However somebody has turned an excellent thread into an opportunity for the usual suspects to have another pop at the few who like to stand and sing to support the team. We weren't singing those songs at the Derby nor at Ayr although some gathered around us were. The critics expect us to do what they can't or won't do - control every person who comes to a Hibs game.

So although me and my mates don't sing this garbage ourselves we are found guilty by association? Mental - absolutely mental.

It's my experience that there is no organised singing in Section43. If anyone doesn't believe this - they are welcome to come over and observe for yourselves. Or talk to the singers face to face.

Will they do this?? I think not! It would appear they prefer spraffing their made up crap on internet messageboards whilst hiding behind their keyboards?

TheMentalHibees
20-03-2012, 12:16 AM

This all day long. If you were at the game you'd have heard a lot more than just the mercer/paedo chants. I eagerly await the publishing of a correct and proper songbook of what is deemed acceptable to be sung at all future Hibs games.

1two
20-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Agree with you on everything but the classless and shouldn't be the hibs way! I feel that's saying you can't support hibs unless you do it in a certain way sorry but feel its freedom of choice and we should not be taking the high ground and look down on other supporters hibs for me are for everybody not just an elite few

There's nothing elite about choosing not to gloat over not being paedophiles but I to an extent I agree with your point

Jack
20-03-2012, 07:17 AM
I thought the OP was spot on by bringing people to task for singing trash about paedos. These songs do nothing to support the team or motivate fellow supporters. However I suspect the mindless morons that sing this garbage aren't listening and maybe don't even post on Hibs.Net.

However somebody has turned an excellent thread into an opportunity for the usual suspects to have another pop at the few who like to stand and sing to support the team. We weren't singing those songs at the Derby nor at Ayr although some gathered around us were. The critics expect us to do what they can't or won't do - control every person who comes to a Hibs game.

So although me and my mates don't sing this garbage ourselves we are found guilty by association? Mental - absolutely mental.

It's my experience that there is no organised singing in Section43. If anyone doesn't believe this - they are welcome to come over and observe for yourselves. Or talk to the singers face to face.

Will they do this?? I think not! It would appear they prefer spraffing their made up crap on internet messageboards whilst hiding behind their keyboards?

I take it "How to win friends and influence people" wasn't on your most read list?

I think the best thing to do is accept these songs are sung (that's obvious), in the section set aside for the singers, and that there's a group, of which you are part, is trying to introduce new songs and consign these others to history.

The folk you are arguing with here agree with you. IMO you should be joining together in a 'cyber attack' on the folk singing these songs instead of bickering with the guys agreeing with your ultimate aim.

Chuck Rhoades
20-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Really another need for this type of thread? They appear only get out to hand after a defeat despite what has been sung. It's not a coincedence.

The songs are ridiculous and cringey. Ayr was a lot better, traditional songs throughout the whole game? I never heard a Mercer one at all. Did hear a few Craig Thomson references though.

Shrekko
20-03-2012, 08:48 AM

You are totally missing the point and you must have come up with about 100 variations on what section43/the 12th man/the singing section/people who like to stand and sing in the same area etc etc etc is.

Nobody is saying YOU or anyone you stand with sings the songs. Simply that there are clearly people that 'like to stand and sing' who do despite claims that is being eradicated or there are attempts to eradicate it.

I agree with Jack- it is actually easier to gather support for something by way of forums and similar media than your notion of approaching people at the games. This 'ah you're just a keyboard hardman' really is pathetic. Stating that I find a sizeable portion of our fans singing about paedos at various grounds cringeworthy is hardly an attempt to wind folk up is it?

The singing section or whatever it is to me has been a resounding failure seeing as the numbers at games actually seem to be dropping. The group seems more isolated than ever and distant from the main-stream. Those who care about the initiative need to accept some of the reasons as to why that might be the case.

JohnScott
20-03-2012, 08:59 AM

Of course its pathetic singing that crap. Two reasons really. One: most of our players have no idea who Thompson and Mercer are. Two: Most of those singing about Mercer weren't even alive when he tried to buy Hibs. Most Hearts fans I saw wont remember Mercer either. As for you older guys? Grow up ffs!

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2012, 09:13 AM
This singing section or whatever you want to call it has been fantastic from day 1 imo. They at least are trying to get an atmosphere going at the games, and back the team.

With them inviting new folk to join them all the time, they are always going to get folk who like different songs, and perhaps like to sing the ones mentioned.

The last 2 games will be the 2 most difficult games to self police, Ayr was stand where you like and a much bigger attendance than normal, couldn't be done, impossible. Tynecastle attract the worst of our support, even normal :wink: fans get caught up in the poison that place generates, again impossible to self police.

The games at easter road have been getting much better, those songs are rarely heard these days. I admire those who give their all for this cause, you certainly need skin as thick as a rhino.

Still think you need to relocate to the FF, at least you wouldn't be annoying folk there imo, and would grow more quickly as anyone who didn't want to be there could have the pick of the other 2 stands.

Reaper
20-03-2012, 10:12 AM

This mindless moron sings the Mercer song and always will (not the Thomson song but that's my choice), this mindless moron also helped you out at Greenday by providing one and helping to hang numerous flags, this mindless moron also intervened when two Hibs fans were attempting to bully a young laddie selling programmes at Ayr, when numerous other Hibs fans kept walking.

This mindless moron also stood up to a group of young lads singing IRA songs at a Rangers game a few years ago when other Hibs fans chose to ignore it. Do you challenge these singers?

RIP
20-03-2012, 10:29 AM
I take it "How to win friends and influence people" wasn't on your most read list? I think the best thing to do is accept these songs are sung (that's obvious), in the section set aside for the singers, and that there's a group, of which you are part, is trying to introduce new songs and consign these others to history.

The folk you are arguing with here agree with you. IMO you should be joining together in a 'cyber attack' on the folk singing these songs instead of bickering with the guys agreeing with your ultimate aim.

Well said Big Man, wise counsel as always. As you can tell I'm getting pretty wound up and I'm still sore after Sunday's gubbing

You must have come up with about 100 variations on what section43/the 12th man/the singing section/people who like to stand and sing in the same area etc etc etc is.

That's because labels are more important to you than to the people that stand there. We have always been and will always be merely ordinary supporters who are being proactive about the support of the Hibs players on a Saturday

Nobody is saying YOU or anyone you stand with sings the songs. Simply that there are clearly people that 'like to stand and sing' who do despite claims that is being eradicated or there are attempts to eradicate it.

A small number of supporters have attempted to win over the hearts and minds of the 'regulars' and season ticket holders in Section43. In my view, this has been largely successful. However it's a massive ask expecting the same supporters to influence behaviour at away games (Ayr/Tynie) and at big games when it's random individuals and groups singing these songs.

It is actually easier to gather support for something by way of forums and similar media than your notion of approaching people at the games.

But we (almost) all want these songs dropped. That's not the issue. You are merely pointing out the problem. If you are serious about taking action to eliminate these songs Hibs need people who can offer solutions. Your solution appears to be to pass the buck to someone else to sort out?

This 'ah you're just a keyboard hardman' really is pathetic

You missed the point again! I'm saying you and others need to take responsibility - talk is cheap. Come and help influence your fellow fans - don't expect others to do it for you. The change needs to happen in the stands - not on the internet

The singing section has been a resounding failure - the numbers at games actually seem to be dropping.

We are a symptom of the rest of our support. Attendances at Easter Road have plummeted and we have managed no Saturday home wins in a year. In spite of that we sing for more than 50% of every game, far more than most fan bases in Scotland. Singing efforts in the new stand are much better than in the old East when we were top Six.

Hibs Directors, Pat Fenlon and his players have all commented favourably in recent weeks. We have flag lockers; more flags and banners; brought back Turnbulls Tornadoes, Mental Hibees and old song favourites; had 3 big displays and now have regular meetings with club management. It's very early days and during Hibs worst slump for 13 years. A bit harsh to say resounding failure - no?

Apologies if you thought I was having a pop. I'm still sore after Sunday. To be clear. I'm no spokesperson for any group. Just an ordinary Hibby who is as radge as anyone else.

RIP
20-03-2012, 10:38 AM
This mindless moron sings the Mercer song and always will (not the Thomson song but that's my choice), this mindless moron also helped you out at Greenday by providing one and helping to hang numerous flags, this mindless moron also intervened when two Hibs fans were attempting to bully a young laddie selling programmes at Ayr, when numerous other Hibs fans kept walking.

This mindless moron also stood up to a group of young lads singing IRA songs at a Rangers game a few years ago when other Hibs fans chose to ignore it. Do you challenge these singers?

Dougie man - read my post again!

My 'mindless moron' label was an angry response to folk who sing songs about paedos. I didn't mention Mercer. So I wasn't calling you a mindless moron. You didn't help me at Green Day. You helped Hibs. But thanks anyway.

And aye - I do challenge. However I take my 2 sons to the games so I also have to take their enjoyment of the match into consideration.

mickki40
20-03-2012, 10:48 AM
TBF the songs are not sung as often nowadays than say 3 years ago. especially at home games. But come derby time the songs come out again. I don't think they will ever be eradicated at a Derby game, but they are sung less and less. Maybe a time element will be the factor here. Say in about 10 years a new generation of hibs fans will not even know the tunes anymore. Time will tell. I noticed that the reference to orange b******s in the Forever and Ever song was changed to Rangers b******s and no one seemed to mind. Give it time guys.

Thecat23
20-03-2012, 11:10 AM
I mind just going to the games years ago and all I'd hear is GGTTH, then HIBEES, HIBEES, HIBEES. Or he's here he's there he's every ********* where etc..

The whole atmosphere in derby games has changed for the worse. I noticed it's more the young lads, (not all) as I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush. They are jumped up wee neds who would rather just fire abuse at the Yams rather than actually watch the game. There are songs out there that could get the whole crowd going. Thompson and Mercer for me aren't. It's becoming a joke at the amount of arguing I've seen at games these days between our on support. Lets bin the stupid songs go back to traditional ones and have the whole lot singing not just some while others sit in disgust.

Hibernia&Alba
20-03-2012, 11:16 AM
The lads and lassies in the singing section do a fine job, IMHO. They try to create atmosphere and colour via pro-Hibs songs and displays, and I don't think anyone would take issue with that. As for who was responsible for those couple of unpleasant anti-Hearts ditties at Tynie, I don't know, but we each have to take responsibility as individuals for our actions, and to collectively disown said songs. To use the tired old phrase, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. The singing section is a great idea, and increased volume throughout the whole support to get the behind the team at home games is vital. We can't just leave it all to section 43. We combine this with a collective effort to educate/encourage anyone who sings about child abuse that there is a better way to support the team. Win-win.

Malonga's Cat
20-03-2012, 04:30 PM
The only 'songs' folk fancied singing were about paedophiles and a man that's been dead for 6 years. The Mercer patter is boring, and it's getting utter ****ing cringeworthy, tbh.

Must admit, I'm getting a bit fed up with all the Craig Thomson songs and stuff about paedophiles. :agree:

:top marksCouldn't agree more.

Reaper
20-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Dougie man - read my post again!

My 'mindless moron' label was an angry response to folk who sing songs about paedos. I didn't mention Mercer. So I wasn't calling you a mindless moron. You didn't help me at Green Day. You helped Hibs. But thanks anyway.

And aye - I do challenge. However I take my 2 sons to the games so I also have to take their enjoyment of the match into consideration.

Ok fair enough!