PDA

View Full Version : And heres a guy who scored 3 goals in a derby...

7Hero
18-03-2012, 10:30 PM
no prizes for guessing who ??

and heres a guy who scored 4 goals in a derby !

and, finally heres a guy who scored 37 (i've lost count !) goals in a derby !!

They took the piss, they constantly piss all over us, they ALWAYS antagonise and get it right up us, they win the MAJORITY of the derbies...Even there half time presentations are better than us (not hard though is it !!)..

Yet we continue to run the "business" efficiently, don't turn up for derbies and expect our fans to support it.

Fair enough if it has been a bad season ! but its been ********* murder since the day i started going (32 years ago)and bar a few results here and there i cannae believe i still go and watch that *****e...

Even when we win the cup, we decide to parade it after a derby and we all know how that went.

The people who run the club have no idea, they haven't since they "saved" us and until there is fan ownership / somebody who cares we will not ever be challenging to beat these ****s...

Crikey, i remember when we had a great team, and we sold them all...

Its too much to take, it'll maybe get better in the morning, and ill maybe go back to easter road on saturday, but its really really really really starting to get right on my *****...

hibsbollah
18-03-2012, 10:31 PM
they showed zero class with that half time pish.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Rubbish.

We "owned" them for many years and we will do again.

carlos70
18-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Maybe, hopefully, they somehow know that was the last ever Tynecastle derby....

Viva_Palmeiras
18-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Im still trying to get over the use of the word "crikey" outside of a Jeeves and Wooster scene ;)

Fwiw I share you dismay. We simply cannot afford to treat the derby as merely another game.
The players and staff need to do more than pay lip service to "knowing what it means to the fans" yet leaving their passion behind once they cross the line.

History weighs us down and there's nothing we can do about that but what we should expect
From the players and staff is to play with passion and purpose and a none shall pass attitude.
The new future records start from now that we can do something about!

Hibernia&Alba
18-03-2012, 10:55 PM

Their standard level of behaviour, and 7Hero is right, they love of every moment of getting it up us whenever they can. Well ****** them. Our derby record makes my blood boil, we're in much better shape as a club than they are. However bad it feels right now, our future looks brighter than theirs. Keep the faith.

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 11:03 PM

what did they do ?

Graham Law
18-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Watched the half time events unfold on a certain website :-) as they do not turn the camera off at halftime . I know some on here think that there half time antics lacks - hibs class (although I am yet to work out quite what that is) ????

My view on it is very different - They know how to get to us right through the club and play there cards superbly well in my opinion and have done for sometime now... Why else do you think they parade all these players at derby games.... ****** i think Mark De Vries has done more half time draws at derbies than games he actually played for the C**TS

Anyway, my point being that they know exactly how to piss our supporters off and they know how to motivate players that have no real concept of the Edinburgh derby to believe that the Hibs game is a game that THEY MUST win whilst we play this upper class piss which results in .... well defeat most times to be honest!!!

If they had an Albert Kidd type hero in their ranks you can be sure that the C**TS would have had him paraded in front of us a fair few times already ...

That said, they are still utter **** , just **** that know how to get the better of us time and time again though :grr:

Hibeesmad
18-03-2012, 11:08 PM
The only way to get it right back at them is for us to get some legends on at half time lol eg. Russell latapy and Frank sauzee, and obviously win the match for once

George Clooney
19-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Rubbish.

We "owned" them for many years and we will do again.

You may have to explain that statement to anyone under 40, as they almost certainly won't take you seriously.

Pretty Boy
19-03-2012, 09:32 AM
The difference between there half time 'show' and ours is that their fans made some effort to get into it.

A guy like Mark De Vries got cheered like a conquering hero. We have the likes of Lawrie Reilly and Pat Stanton brought out to lukewarm applause. Some of the guys we bring back get almost ignored and some even booed Steven Fletcher.

They go out there way to wind us up at half time in a Derby and thir fans enjoy it, somebody call the Police!

PISTOL1875
19-03-2012, 09:46 AM
The facts are that they hate us more than we hate them.. No other way to describe it I am afraid..

SneakersO'Toole
19-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Yesterdays half time 'entertainment' was painful to watch yet it highlighted AGAIN the difference in mentality between the clubs when it comes to a derby.

They know what it means to the supporters and they know how to ignite huge amounts of passion and motivation from the stands.

IMO, you would never see a presentation like that at ER for the simple fact that we are too nice as a football club. Hearts revel in this fixture, we are petrified of it.

Our whole approach to this fixture needs to change and although I think Fenlon recognises this, he has done hee haw to change it so far. The 1st half performance yesterday was utterly aject and devoid of all the key characteristics you need to win these games. Un-acceptable in my book.

Keith_M
19-03-2012, 09:57 AM
If the shoe was on the other foot, we'd be hapy for Hibs to do the same.

I don't see the problem.

Wheat Hound
19-03-2012, 10:01 AM
One player who would definitely helped us yesterday was Jim Goodwin. He is just the sort of competitive, in yer face player that would have at least let Ian Black know he was in a game. Its a sad reflection of where we are as a club when such players choose St Mirren ahead of us.

McPake is the sort of player we need - a leader. He is a good start but we need more of that ilk e.g. Jody Morris, Steven Thompson, Jon Daly.......(I realise these three would probably not come to us at the moment but are an example of clubs paying less money than us attracting the required calibre of player)

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 12:18 PM
The difference between there half time 'show' and ours is that their fans made some effort to get into it.

A guy like Mark De Vries got cheered like a conquering hero. We have the likes of Lawrie Reilly and Pat Stanton brought out to lukewarm applause. Some of the guys we bring back get almost ignored and some even booed Steven Fletcher.

They go out there way to wind us up at half time in a Derby and thir fans enjoy it, somebody call the Police!

I agree with that. :agree: Spot on about our players coming back, they get clapped, but their players were roared on to the pitch.

CorrieHibs
19-03-2012, 12:37 PM
They also have that c**k Locke as well gearing them up. 18 derbies and 0 defeats. You would think the likes of Hanlon, Griffths and Murray would be gearing the players up especially the new ones. Letting them know that defeat isn't a option. We should be drilling it into them. Thats what they do at Hearts. They love beating us and I always think they are more up for it. Even that staduim annoucer gets the crowd right behind the team. I think this problem needs to get addressed cause its embarrassing. My jambo pals couldn't believe that we were clapping the players at the end. They said if that was Hearts they would be booed off and would get a rocket up their ar*es. Next game new stadium annoucer, get Gordon Hunter, Mixu, Sauzee and Latapy on the pitch at half time go mental when they come on and believe that we can beat them. I would love nothing more.

Scorrie
19-03-2012, 12:40 PM
The only way to get it right back at them is for us to get some legends on at half time lol eg. Russell latapy and Frank sauzee, and obviously win the match for once

Jeezo if these two were even in the stadium I would be giving them a pair of boots. To hell with a half time draw

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2012, 01:23 PM
So are we inviting Albert Kidd on at half-time in the next derby? Oh, their coupons............:faf:

:lolyam:

:giruy:

Barney McGrew
19-03-2012, 01:40 PM
I agree with that. :agree: Spot on about our players coming back, they get clapped, but their players were roared on to the pitch.

That was as much to do with the way rentagob Scott Wilson introduced them as much as anything else. He's a welt, but he knows how to press the buttons to get a reaction from the home crowd.

East Road announcer, please take note.

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 01:42 PM
So are we inviting Albert Kidd on at half-time in the next derby? Oh, their coupons............:faf:

:lolyam:

:giruy:

That would be hilarious. :tee hee:

sesoim
19-03-2012, 04:24 PM
The facts are that they hate us more than we hate them.. No other way to describe it I am afraid..

:agree: Even though they constantly beat us, they still feel a need to arrogantly antagonize us. Most Hearts fans I know have always been like that. Can't they just enjoy their own good fortune without continually smug, pathetic behaviour?

Complete lack of class.

PISTOL1875
19-03-2012, 04:34 PM
:agree: Even though they constantly beat us, they still feel a need to arrogantly antagonize us. Most Hearts fans I know have always been like that. Can't they just enjoy their own good fortune without continually smug, pathetic behaviour?

Complete lack of class.

There is nothing wrong with what they do.. We would do exactly the same if the shoe was on the other foot...

19-03-2012, 04:36 PM
They aimed to wined us up with it and they achieved that. Thought it was a bit cringeworthy and pathetic tbh but then again I would love to see us toughen up a wee bit and put on something like that at ER against them to annoy them. Like mentioned above though, we are too soft, hence why they trample over us most derbies. Hearts really step up their game for this particular fixture, we just don't seem to really care about the importance of a derby and how much it means to the fans.

Steven_Hibs
19-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Our players are just not streetwise. At all.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-03-2012, 05:34 PM

Hearts = Haters :agree: