PDA

View Full Version : Emotions running high after another bitter disappointment at the PBS

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Guys and Girls, take a couple of deep breaths before posting, bickering and having a dash at each other isnae the way forward.

We are all Hibbies after all!

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Guys and Girls, take a couple of deep breaths before posting, bickering and having a dash at each other isnae the way forward.

Not sure why the other thread has been closed, there had been some good posts made in it:confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2012, 05:26 PM
You could see the course it was about to take.

At The Edge
18-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Todays result did not relegate us, last time i looked at the table we're still 4 points clear of the Pars, never saw the game only going by the reports in the media, but......
.....8 games to go, in Pat we trust and a SC win!

:pfgwa

Hibernia&Alba
18-03-2012, 05:36 PM
It's a good point. We're all pissed off after yet another bad derby day, but we're on the same side. The Yams will be reading the forum with their popcorn, enjoying the show. An awful day, but we move on, stay an SPL club and look forward to the cup semi :agree:

Badabing
18-03-2012, 05:38 PM
I just hope emotions are running as high with the players. I suspect not though; it will be drinks all round as usual.

Hibercelona
18-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Todays result did not relegate us, last time i looked at the table we're still 4 points clear of the Pars, never saw the game only going by the reports in the media, but......

I don't think we'll get relegated. (or at least, I don't want to believe that we will)

But there needs to be vast improvements next season. For a club with such superior resources compared to other clubs in the SPL, there is no excuse for us to be anywhere near as poor as we have been for the last 3 years.

Something is awfully wrong when clubs working on far less budgets can consistently finish above us time and time again.

Hibernia&Alba
18-03-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't think we'll get relegated. (or at least, I don't want to believe that we will)

But there needs to be vast improvements next season. For a club with such superior resources compared to other clubs in the SPL, there is no excuse for us to be anywhere near as poor as we have been for the last 3 years.

Something is awfully wrong when clubs working on far less budgets can consistently finish above us time and time again.

I agree with every word of this. Everyone at the club needs to do some soul-searching. The past three years or so have been lacking any direction. Our league position is a total disgrace, derby performances have been dreadful. Great stadium, great training complex, big support, but it counts for nothing when the team is failing over a long period.

MSK
18-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Not sure why the other thread has been closed, there had been some good posts made in it:confused:There was & its been re-opened ..

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2012, 06:41 PM
There was & its been re-opened ..

Cool:aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Where is it?

MSK
18-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Where is it?http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?231089-Fed-Up-Losing-To-Hearts-Want-A-Better-Team-Next-Season

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Bump! chill out a bit folks. The Yammish readers will be having a ham shank fest!

Famous5forever
19-03-2012, 12:29 AM

Bad day at the office lets move on, we got to get behind the team massive 8 games to go we must trust in Paddy :pfgwaand a sneaky we cup win would be nice as a bonus.:aok:

Keith_M
19-03-2012, 06:15 AM
I was about to post about taking a long term view of things but I might as well add it here.

OK, it's yet another defeat by the Yams but let's not go overboard.

PF was brought in with the initial task of keeping us up. He needed to stengthen the team and so far has only had the winter window to do that, meaning he could only bring in loan players.

Despite Saturday's result, the current team looks to me to be more capable of staying up than CC's side. Add to this we have a Cup Semi-Final to look forward to and things aren't as bad as they might seem at the moment.

I for one think the players WILL also be really dissapointed and the manager most certainly will. I still strongly believe he's the man for the job.

Onwards and upwards.

greenlex
19-03-2012, 06:20 AM

These teams do not consistently finish above us. They all take a turn of being up there including us. It only feels like it after the last couple of seasons.

TornadoHibby
19-03-2012, 09:36 AM
I was about to post about taking a long term view of things but I might as well add it here.

OK, it's yet another defeat by the Yams but let's not go overboard.

PF was brought in with the initial task of keeping us up. He needed to stengthen the team and so far has only had the winter window to do that, meaning he could only bring in loan players.

Despite Saturday's result, the current team looks to me to be more capable of staying up than CC's side. Add to this we have a Cup Semi-Final to look forward to and things aren't as bad as they might seem at the moment.

I for one think the players WILL also be really dissapointed and the manager most certainly will. I still strongly believe he's the man for the job.

Onwards and upwards.

I'm just not sure if we've got the "we MUST get out of relegation trouble NOW" mentality but playing two small albeit pacy strikers up against one of the biggest defences in the SPL and then fire high balls to them virtually from the kick off was as if we had forgotten that doing so didn't help and was almost certainly bound to fail! :confused:

Steven_Hibs
19-03-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm just not sure if we've got the "we MUST get out of relegation trouble NOW" mentality but playing two small albeit pacy strikers up against one of the biggest defences in the SPL and then fire high balls to them virtually from the kick off was as if we had forgotten that doing so didn't help and was almost certainly bound to fail! :confused:

Exactly, if you are going to lump long balls up at least put them into the corners and let them run onto it that way, which we actually did once or twice and nearly scored. Webster and Barr just kept winning every header once we lumped it up the middle, such a waste. Paul Hanlon was the biggest culprit IMO, everytime he got on the ball, he gave it away, couldn't he pass to Kujabi? :confused::confused:

mickki40
20-03-2012, 10:54 AM

I am 1000% behind what you say. If hibs fans showed the unity of the 2007 final we would still be a force to be reckoned with. Imaging packing E.R. out for Games regardless of the result we would be able to build a stronger team /club. But it is unfortunate that hibs fans will wait eagerly to slag each other off at the earliest opportunity possible. Unity guys/gals ....it works