PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown = Show off petty little boy

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Throws his medal away in view of media and fans.

If that is how you feel do it in private very disrespectful to Killie.

Thought he just had to turn up to win surely Livvy taught him that was not the case !

Onion
18-03-2012, 04:01 PM

Thought he just had to turn up to win surely Livvy taught him that was not the case !

Pathetic, poor LOSER :greengrin

JCHibby
18-03-2012, 04:02 PM

The boy is a clown, the way he acted with Ben Gordon also was a disgrace however thats all he is now. Focuses more on being a c0ck rather than playing football. Watch Messi, Xavi etc, dont see those boys behaving like that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Was he captain today? Just shows that money doesn't buy class.

Hibercelona
18-03-2012, 04:52 PM
A promising player who went backwards.

Big Frank
18-03-2012, 04:54 PM
suggests to me he's not interested in being a loser.

The_Todd
18-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Disrespectful, just like his manager and agent.

johnbc70
18-03-2012, 04:57 PM
suggests to me he's not interested in being a loser.

He should show some respect, yes he wants to be a winner but show some humility and respect to fellow pro's.

18-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Very good player but his attitude stinks at times, spends too much time trying to wind up opposition fans. Some of his antics are quite funny but does just come across as an immature, classless idiot most of the time. As club captain he should have a bit more maturity and dignity.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Fair enough.

It's his medal, he can do what he wants with it. He didn't disrespect anyone or anything except second place.

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Fair enough.

It's his medal, he can do what he wants with it. He didn't disrespect anyone or anything except second place.

I think your wrong he is club captain and has a duty to respect his opponents. If he wants to chuck the medal he should do it when he gets in the dressing room. No need to do it in front of media and fans simply for effect.

Just showed his lack of class immaturity.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 05:32 PM
I think your wrong he is club captain and has a duty to respect his opponents. If he wants to chuck the medal he should do it when he gets in the dressing room. No need to do it in front of media and fans simply for effect.

In what way did he disrespect Killie?

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 05:44 PM
In what way did he disrespect Killie?

The medal is worthless because he lost ? Should Scott ALWAYS expect to beat Killie ?

As you say it is up to him what he does with the medal and as a Celtic captain should be expected to chuck all runner up medals in full view of the media so it is widely reported. Perhaps next time he can shat on the runners up medal in the centre circle after all he will need ensure he gets a lot of attention.

Paisley Hibby
18-03-2012, 05:49 PM

He used to have class but has gone downhill in all respects since he joined the plastic paddies. What a waste.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 05:50 PM
The medal is worthless because he lost ? Should Scott ALWAYS expect to beat Killie ?

As you say it is up to him what he does with the medal and as a Celtic captain should be expected to chuck all runner up medals in full view of the media so it is widely reported. Perhaps next time he can shat on the runners up medal in the centre circle after all he will need ensure he gets a lot of attention.

In what way did he disrespect Kilmarnock FC?

He doesn't value a runners up medal so he threw his away.

Why is that such an issue to you?

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 05:57 PM

Not an issue Dave I think the manner in which he chucked it in public made it all about wee scotty, it may have been better to chuck it in private. Perhaps everyone should follow his "example" collect your medal and chuck it away. If this happened often enough Scottish Football could save cash and do away with runner up medals.

PS I hope he did the same with his medal against Livvy.

bighairyfaeleith
18-03-2012, 06:01 PM

he couldn't beat them on the pitch and has tried to grab some of the limelight off it, it's pathetic and I was him I'd be ashamed right now!

Hibercelona
18-03-2012, 06:03 PM

Wouldn't say he disrespected Killie in any way. I think they were far too delirious to even notice.

It does however flag up his immaturity and as a club captain its not a good attribute to have.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Not an issue Dave I think the manner in which he chucked it in public made it all about wee scotty, it may have been better to chuck it in private. Perhaps everyone should follow his "example" collect your medal and chuck it away. If this happened often enough Scottish Football could save cash and do away with runner up medals.

PS I hope he did the same with his medal against Livvy.

If/when we get to our next cup final and if we don't win, I'd love to see our players throwing away their losers' medals.

In public, on TV and as far as they could.

Hibercelona
18-03-2012, 06:07 PM
If/when we get to our next cup final and if we don't win, I'd love to see our players throwing away their losers' medals.

Sums up the attitude in this country tbh.

If you don't come first, you're a loser and should beat yourself down about it.

Theres a reason why we fail as an entire nation and this is it.

bighairyfaeleith

I understand the sentiment you are going for, but it's still wrong. It's simply not hibs class and never should be!!

Sammy7nil

Great :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If it happened that we did lose I would prefer the players and manager shook the winners hands , collected their medals, applauded the fans that were left. Then walked off with some dignity determined to change things next time.

Hibercelona
18-03-2012, 06:10 PM

If it happened that we did lose I would prefer the players and manager shook the winners hands , collected their medals, applauded the fans that were left. Then walked off with some dignity determined to change things next time.

:agree:

As long as they gave it their all on the day, i'd want them to stand proud of that, even if it is with a runners up medal and not the cup.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 06:11 PM

Super. I have a different view of how my team should react after losing than you.

But, why the sarcasm?

SquashedFrogg
18-03-2012, 06:12 PM
A promising player who went backwards.

Totally agree with this. I'd imagined him good enough to play in the top half of the EPL and prove himself exceptional in a Scotland shirt for many years but this clearly won't happen now.

He left us an exciting, attacking midfielder with verve and energy and Celtic have managed to turn him into a sitting midfielder who goes through the motions..

A player who clearly lacks ambition when stating in the summer "why would I want to leave Celtic, we win trophies and compete every year" :cb

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Super. I have a different view of how my team should react after losing than you.

But, why the sarcasm?

Sorry maybe I am just too fed up.

But were you really being serious when you said they should all chuck their medals as far as possible ?

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Sorry maybe I am just too fed up.

But were you really being serious when you said they should all chuck their medals as far as possible ?

I didn't say they should.

I said I'd like it if they did. Why? Because it would show that they only want to be winners.

Second place in the Scottish Cup is no use to us. A runners up medal holds no value to me.

Keep it if you want, but it's a badge of failure.

Jim44
18-03-2012, 06:35 PM
His attitude is shocking. The last time he went up for a runners up medal he made an @rse of himself by blanking the presenter of the medals. He's an ignorant, classless bad loser.

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 06:36 PM

I said I'd like it if they did. Why? Because it would show that they only want to be winners.

Second place in the Scottish Cup is no use to us. A runners up medal holds no value to me.

There can only ever be one winner it is a game people take themselves far too seriously.

Next time you win £25 as runner up in the monthly medal I will expect you to chuck it on the floor scowl at all around and Proclaim you will not accept 2nd best and will be back to win next month. :wink::greengrin:greengrin

marinello59
18-03-2012, 06:40 PM
I am no fan of Scotty Brown since he left us but I have no problem with anybody seeing second best as failure. I would love a team full of guys with that attitude.

FraserHFC
18-03-2012, 06:44 PM
I am no fan of Scotty Brown since he left us but I have no problem with anybody seeing second best as failure. I would love a team full of guys with that attitude.

:top marks

We're crying out for players with that sort of attitude and have been since Brown left us.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 06:45 PM
There can only ever be one winner it is a game people take themselves far too seriously.

Next time you win £25 as runner up in the monthly medal I will expect you to chuck it on the floor scowl at all around and Proclaim you will not accept 2nd best and will be back to win next month. :wink::greengrin:greengrin

Second? At Turnhouse?

If only!

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 06:46 PM

The bit in bold - Me too. but if you must also be petulent do it in private. :agree:

Jim44
18-03-2012, 06:53 PM

There's nothing wrong with resenting being second best but that's not the issue here. This is all about the unnecessary, immature expression of disappointment. I wonder what embarrassing display of gracelessness he'll treat us to when hopefully he's runner up in the Scottish Cup final, if they get there.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2012, 06:53 PM
This argument has been done before.

Of course you want to have a team of players who hate losing but everyone in sport and in life has to experience defeat at some point and there is a certain way to handle failure and defeat that shows a bit of class.

All this "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser" stuff is nonsense.

Stantons Angel
18-03-2012, 07:49 PM
No one wants to be second in anything! Its great that he has that winning mentality but the earlier posters are correct too... He is captain of his club, its a Scottish final and a better team won on the day. A little dignity and thought would have seen a better man accept defeat and take his medal home to his new son. Throwing it away in public glare is silly and disrespectful to the other teams who didint get that far and who would have loved to have taken part in a CUP FINAL!

I always thought a lot of this lad until he went off down the M8 for the money. Lennon is trying to change him into another him...... Yes we need a player like him in our team but not at the expense of the club's pride and history. If my son had done that after losing id have been so angry at him.

When he went to Glasgow i worried for him. His talent needed nurturing but he has not improved as a player. Id hoped he would not sign for them again this season.I'd hoped he had a little ambition. But no here he is and im sure you will agree he will stagnate in a team like that. Learn nothing from a manager like that and have little self respect either!!

His actions today dont set a good example to the world watching on tv or to his parents either.

Wise up scotty or get away from Glasgow or you will end up a right wee toad!!!!!+

flood
18-03-2012, 08:04 PM
So Brown runs up the tunnel and throws his medal because he has lost a game/final.

Liam Kelly runs up the tunnel, cos his dad has a heart attack?

Puts Browns actions into perspective.

Clown

JustSimplyHibs
18-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Collecting that runners up medal means you are second best...if he were to have kept it, he would look at it in years to come reminding him he was second best...who wants to be reminded of being second best.

We follow a club that is second best in Edinburgh...do we like to be reminded of that everytime we play Hearts????

Scott Brown is a player that is sadly lacking at Hibs, a player that has more class in his left big toe than any Hibs player that wears the green and white today.

Scott Brown is a player any Hibby would love to see playing week in week out at Hibs.

If we had players that had Scott Brown's attitude and ability we would not be where we are now, and certainly would not be a second rate team to a rank poor Hearts team in this fine city.

Today just reaffirmed how crap and far behind we are...God help us if Jim Jeffries gets the Pars job :wink:

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Collecting that runners up medal means you are second best...if he were to have kept it, he would look at it in years to come reminding him he was second best...who wants to be reminded of being second best.

We follow a club that is second best in Edinburgh...do we like to be reminded of that everytime we play Hearts????

Scott Brown is a player that is sadly lacking at Hibs, a player that has more class in his left big toe than any Hibs player that wears the green and white today.

Scott Brown is a player any Hibby would love to see playing week in week out at Hibs.

If we had players that had Scott Brown's attitude and ability we would not be where we are now, and certainly would not be a second rate team to a rank poor Hearts team in this fine city.

Today just reaffirmed how crap and far behind we are...God help us if Jim Jeffries gets the Pars job :wink:

Did he have to ditch it in Public :confused:
Does he have his other runners up medals ?
Lack of class and makes you look like a scrot imho

Hibercelona
18-03-2012, 08:10 PM

So a team playing well and getting further in a competition than anybody expects should all feel like losers if they don't win the cup?

I'm sorry, but a team that can show dignity and respect even if they don't come out 1st on the day are winners in so many other ways.

JustSimplyHibs
18-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Did he have to ditch it in Public :confused:
Does he have his other runners up medals ?
Lack of class and makes you look like a scrot imho

Lack of class :faf:coming from someone that has to ridicule another as they have nothing better to say :wink:

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Lack of class :faf:coming from someone that has to ridicule another as they have nothing better to say :wink:

Yip that was a funny one :faf::faf::faf:

Mikey_1875
18-03-2012, 09:01 PM
I don't think killie will be too fussed about this to be honest. We all do stupid things when we are hurting that much and he hasn't hurt any individual in doing so.

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I don't think killie will be too fussed about this to be honest. We all do stupid things when we are hurting that much and he hasn't hurt any individual in doing so.

I think the Killie players will laugh like demented monkeys and let little Scotty know who won they cup next time they meet.

:agree:

IWasThere2016
18-03-2012, 09:10 PM
He could have given it to a fan - a number stayed back. But no we get the Cellic woe is us antics. Poor show IMHO.

So glad the Pehs gubbed them :agree:

NOLA
18-03-2012, 09:30 PM
why keep something that reminds you you were 2nd best, though he should have done it privately.

Dinkydoo
18-03-2012, 09:30 PM

But it does make him look like a scrote........

He is supposed to be a professional and to be honest, this Brown love in is getting pretty sad - I for one am actually starting to cringe at the thought of me calling him a 'Hibs legend' not too long ago.

.Sean.
18-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Scott Brown is a cock. I can't believe there are still a few who regard him as some sort of hero. The only downside of Hibs winning the cup in 07 is his spotty ugly pus helping Jones lift the cup.

greenginger
18-03-2012, 11:25 PM
I wonder what the cup sponsors or any potential future sponsors of Scottish Football make of Browns behavior.

Why should they pay good money and see the medals being trashed.

aussie_hibee
19-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Probably doesn't look too good in full view of the media but those who question the action alone should watch the turnbulls tornadoes DVD. I think it's brownie who tells the story of his dad going to pick up his runners up medal after he had launched it across the car park.

Septimus
19-03-2012, 04:57 AM
He could have put it on eBay and donated the cash thus realised to a worthy cause.

JustSimplyHibs
19-03-2012, 10:30 AM
But it does make him look like a scrote........

He is supposed to be a professional and to be honest, this Brown love in is getting pretty sad - I for one am actually starting to cringe at the thought of me calling him a 'Hibs legend' not too long ago.

Maybe he should have said Scott Brown instead of illuding to myself :wink:

'Lack of class and makes you look like a scrot imho'

Sammy7nil
19-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Maybe he should have said Scott Brown instead of illuding to myself :wink:

'Lack of class and makes you look like a scrot imho'

Just for clarity I did mean Scott Brown and did not mean to offend you in anyway

lapsedhibee
19-03-2012, 12:09 PM

Probably doesn't look too good in full view of the media but those who question the action alone should watch the turnbulls tornadoes DVD. I think it's brownie who tells the story of his dad going to pick up his runners up medal after he had launched it across the car park.

Blackley tells the story of how he flung his SC runners-up medal. But also I think how the experience of losing that match made the team more determined to come back to Hampden and win - which they duly did, six months later, against Celtc.

Paisley Hibby
19-03-2012, 02:44 PM
His attitude is shocking. The last time he went up for a runners up medal he made an @rse of himself by blanking the presenter of the medals. He's an ignorant, classless bad loser.

Not helped by having spit the dummy oot Nellie as his boss.

JustSimplyHibs
19-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Just for clarity I did mean Scott Brown and did not mean to offend you in anyway

It's sound man, i will admit i was heavily under the influence so brain was not totally functioning properly :greengrin

I'll take what ever i said back as well, apart from the Scotty Brown bit.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2012, 03:42 PM
You know maybe its just me, but whats wrong with picking up your medal and clapping the victorious team for doing better on the day?

Its easy to be a good winner, but showing a bit of dignity when losing is no bad thing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-03-2012, 03:55 PM
This good loser rubbish is all part of the naff football machismo put about by people that think they have a more important viewpoint on football. It is losing with grace and dignity that he didn't show.

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 04:07 PM

I know what you mean. It's like an 'almost made it, but eventually failed'. Means very little.

Niffy
19-03-2012, 04:10 PM
What is it Kenny Dalglish said.... "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Only time for winners !

Make of that what you want :/

CropleyWasGod
19-03-2012, 04:12 PM
What is it Kenny Dalglish said.... "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Only time for winners !

That Kenny Dalglish is no Oscar Wilde? :confused:

Pretty Boy
19-03-2012, 04:13 PM
This place has an unhealthy obsession with Scott Brown at times.

He played for us, he did well for is, he made us a decent wedge. Thanks very much.

That's it for me. I'm grateful that he played a part on.giving me one of my best days as a Hibs fan. He then chose to go to Celtic. What he does now, unless it has an effect on us, is entirely irrelevant to me.

Sammy7nil
19-03-2012, 07:40 PM

Only time for winners !

Well Kenny has got used to losing with Newcastle then with Celtic and more recently Liverpool £100 million for a Carling cup and 7th in the league Kenny had better hope his board are good losers.

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Well Kenny has got used to losing with Newcastle then with Celtic and more recently Liverpool £100 million for a Carling cup and 7th in the league Kenny had better hope his board are good losers.

Let me see!

Came in stabilised the club, won a trophy already, in the semi of another if you want to talk about boards and spending without success you'd be better using Mancini and the city board as an example as they've only won an FA cup so far.

And just in case you don't know KD has won plenty both as a Manager and a player!

Sammy7nil
19-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Let me see!

Came in stabilised the club, won a trophy already, in the semi of another if you want to talk about boards and spending without success you'd be better using Mancini and the city board as an example as they've only won an FA cup so far.

And just in case you don't know KD has won plenty both as a Manager and a player!

As a player Kenny is the best UK player of all time imho.
As a manger since chucking it at Liverpool the 1st time his record compared to resources available is DIRE.

Bought a league with Blackburn still managed to lose on the last day of the season and required Man utd to fail to win which they did.

I did not compare him to Macinni as the poster mentioned Kenny not Man City.

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2012, 08:07 PM
As a player Kenny is the best UK player of all time imho.
As a manger since chucking it at Liverpool the 1st time his record compared to resources available is DIRE.

Bought a league with Blackburn still managed to lose on the last day of the season and required Man utd to fail to win which they did.

I did not compare him to Macinni as the poster mentioned Kenny not Man City.

Yes many a dire manager has won the premiership right enough! I don't go for this buying the league I'm afraid, it takes a special manager to do it regardless of the money IMO.

Hibs Class
19-03-2012, 08:08 PM

Only time for winners !

I had a feeling it was souness rather than dalglish who said that. More recently of course dalglish is best known for his inexplicable defence of the racist behaviour of one of his players.

Jonnyboy
19-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Scott Brown is a cock. I can't believe there are still a few who regard him as some sort of hero. The only downside of Hibs winning the cup in 07 is his spotty ugly pus helping Jones lift the cup.

Arguably we may not have won that cup without him Sean. He was outstanding in that final - ugly pus or not :wink:

Hibrandenburg
19-03-2012, 09:49 PM
why keep something that reminds you you were 2nd best, though he should have done it privately.

Got a few runners up medals, granted they're stacked behind the winners medals but I still enjoy a sense of achievement when I look at them. Only a fool will try and forget his failures. In doing so he is damned to repeat them.

mca
19-03-2012, 10:14 PM
if broony wanted to show off on T.V. - then he should have done the decent thing and handed it to a Disabled supporter or Ball boy - mascot or something ... :agree:

losing the cup final is no excuse for littering..

Shrekko
19-03-2012, 10:58 PM
I had a feeling it was souness rather than dalglish who said that. More recently of course dalglish is best known for his inexplicable defence of the racist behaviour of one of his players.

It was Souness. He thinks saying things like that make him seem smart.

Jonnyboy
20-03-2012, 09:35 PM
It was Souness. He thinks saying things like that make him seem smart.

For shure :greengrin