PDA

View Full Version : Lets Be Serious?

StarMan10
18-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Anyone who went into today thinking we were definetly going to win was deluded. Look at where we are in the league. Were there because we have been pretty garbage all season although we have shown signs in recent weeks of improving.
Now look at where they are in the league. They are there because they are at the moment a better quality side (albeit not being able to pay them). Of course its gutting to lose another derby but a bit of perspective is needed.
Im confident that Pat Fenlon can take us forward but it wont be a quick fix.

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 03:12 PM
good post mate. pretty much spot on.

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Any who thought we would compete and show effort and commitment for 90 mins was deluded this is Hibs in a Derby FFS we dont do that.

Look at Killie against Celtic look at our performance !

Killie are far worse than Celtic look at their league places :wink:

Forza Fred
18-03-2012, 03:22 PM
I posted on another forum that in recent years I tend to approach derbies with a degree of trepidation, and my main hope is that we avoid a complete gubbing.

This deby I did not think a gubbing was on the radar and would have been comfortable with a draw.

I argued that both sides were close ability wise, but that since pre Alex Miller days, we simply have not battled and ground out results against our closest rivals, the way they have.

I STILL think there is a legacy from the mind numbingly'stupid '"íts only three points same as any other game"Mr Miller used to peddle - almost getting his excuses in, in advance.

Its not like any other game - as the number of posts generated on this forum suggest.

We need to talk teh importance of this game UP with the players...not talk it down.

In summary - two pretty ordinary teams, but it appears we still do not have the will or desire that our opponents have for victory, or if we do, something is preventing us from showing it.

MSK
18-03-2012, 03:25 PM
I posted on another forum that in recent years I tend to approach derbies with a degree of trepidation, and my main hope is that we avoid a complete gubbing.

This deby I did not think a gubbing was on the radar and would have been comfortable with a draw.

I argued that both sides were close ability wise, but that since pre Alex Miller days, we simply have not battled and ground out results against our closest rivals, the way they have.

I STILL think there is a legacy from the mind numbingly'stupid '"íts only three points same as any other game"Mr Miller used to peddle - almost getting his excuses in, in advance.

Its not like any other game - as the number of posts generated on this forum suggest.

We need to talk teh importance of this game UP with the players...not talk it down.

In summary - two pretty ordinary teams, but it appears we still do not have the will or desire that our opponents have for victory, or if we do, something is preventing us from showing it.Wont argue wi that Forza ..

The_Todd
18-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Anyone who went into today thinking we were definetly going to win was deluded. Look at where we are in the league. Were there because we have been pretty garbage all season although we have shown signs in recent weeks of improving.
Now look at where they are in the league. They are there because they are at the moment a better quality side (albeit not being able to pay them). Of course its gutting to lose another derby but a bit of perspective is needed.

Who said we were definitely going to win? I think people are upset that Hearts didn't break sweat and strolled to victory. Again.

danhibees1875
18-03-2012, 03:33 PM

Disagree. By that logic everyone bar Dunfy are above us and hence better so we should expect to be beaten by them all and progress nowhere.

Nothing wrong with hoping that maybe for once we can match them for having a bit of dig and that maybe our manager was talking rubbish with all his chat of having a better mentality going into these games.

Hibs7
18-03-2012, 03:35 PM
The big disappointment is that we didn't injure Beattie and Black for Wednesday.!!!!!

Broken Gnome
18-03-2012, 03:39 PM
We were entitled for a hell of a lot better than we were showed today though.

One Day
18-03-2012, 07:27 PM
We were entitled for a hell of a lot better than we were showed today though.

out fought out musceled again

joe breezy
18-03-2012, 07:56 PM
i don't understand the shock, if we'd played better they'd probably have played better, Hibs were absolute murder before Christmas and have definitely improved, in the semi of the Scottish Cup, one game away from Europe, ahead of Dunfermline with a game in hand...

Maybe best not to come on here for while until reality sinks in for some people who seem to think that Hibs became Barcelona when nobody else realised...

Hibs are crap and were crap today, but not too bad in the second half...where was the massive surprise in all of this :confused:

Broken Gnome
18-03-2012, 08:08 PM
i don't understand the shock, if we'd played better they'd probably have played better, Hibs were absolute murder before Christmas and have definitely improved, in the semi of the Scottish Cup, one game away from Europe, ahead of Dunfermline with a game in hand...

Maybe best not to come on here for while until reality sinks in for some people who seem to think that Hibs became Barcelona when nobody else realised...

Hibs are crap and were crap today, but not too bad in the second half...where was the massive surprise in all of this :confused:

Because we were entitled to assume that we would be stronger today. Still lacking in quality, but Francomb, Soares, McPake, Claros, Doherty? None of them have the Hearts baggage the previous squad had with derbies had, so I presumed we'd have a bit of renewed fight and at least be difficult to beat.

Yet again Hearts have managed to gub us without doing anything. I'd almost rather we got humped than another of these endless non-descript games at Tynie where Hearts do bugger all, we do even less, and they inevitably score two ridiculously soft goals. There's enough new about Hibs to think this was marginally less of a possibility this time. Sadly not.

Hibs7
19-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Look on the bright side, even as bad as we have been over the past few seasons they still haven't put 6 or 7 past us, I don't think they ever will.

PeeJay
19-03-2012, 06:46 AM

Didn't for a second think that we would definitely win - I'm more worried about the fact that we were unable to make any serious dents in an extremely average and ordinary Hearts team - your reference to a better quality side I find astonishing - if the performance by Hearts is representative of some "quality" that we are unable to match then our only real hope of staying up is Dunferrmline - seriously.

Hibbyradge
19-03-2012, 07:45 AM
out fought out musceled again

I don't think we were.

We dominated the second half, but didn't create too many chances although O'Donovan was unlucky.

We lost to the usual route one goal we always concede against them and that's my main concern. Forget the flukey second one, it was over by then.

After seeing Fenlon's reaction when Francombe went off injured so early, I thought "that's the game plan screwed" and without Sproule, our attacking options were limited.

I don't believe for a second that Hearts players are more "up for it" than Hibs players.

They have a better and more settled team than us and they were at home, but we could have taken something from the game.

And if anyone doubts that they have a better team than us, why did we try to buy about half of their starting line up?

Spike Mandela
19-03-2012, 07:53 AM
The big disappointment is that we didn't injure Beattie and Black for Wednesday.!!!!!

Over 130 wins in the fixture compared to our 80 odd wins how's that for bloody perspective?

We keep trotting out excuses and being told to put things in perspective but truth is that is defeatist. If Hibs are flying in the league they tend to beat us, if we are struggling they still tend to beat us. We need to start believing we can win EVERY derby game and that should come from the top.

Jones28
19-03-2012, 08:00 AM
I used to relish derbies, the atmosphere and the big crowd. Nowadays I hate them! Never enjoy games against Hearts when I'm at them, been to the PBS 3 times in the past few years and the one time we won was magic! The Brian Kerr game, what an atmosphere we kicked up that night.

Now I'm never confident because Hearts are a better team than us. League places don't lie. We could've signed a whole new squad in January (we basically did) and I still wouldn't have felt confident about yesterday. People can say Hearts are in debt, their owner is a radge and they've got a team full of cluggers like Black and Zalioukas. They still beat us. And Black is actually controlling Derbies these days. He set up the first Hearts goal yesterday.

As much as I love the Hibs, I am not inspired by one Iota of confidence, especially playing them.

heretoday
19-03-2012, 08:09 AM

Hear Hear! It's all just post-humping depression.